The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Looking ahead to the Nov. 14 episode..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Spoiler/Speculation Forum (Protected)
Original message

ykchan 58 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-31-01, 10:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ykchan Click to send private message to ykchan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Looking ahead to the Nov. 14 episode..."
First off, everyone here called it: non-elimination point, F&M's lead practically wiped out, etc. Great job! Although I didn't anticipate the Waldos picking a bus over a train being the mistake...for once they looked really frazzled in an episode, but that could have been the editing.

Now, looking ahead...I really hope that Momily get the Fast Forward. I wouldn't want to see them battle the tigers, and frankly I'm surprised they let the contestants do this. First rats, now tigers? What's next?

Phil also mentioned a series of mistakes leading to a surprise ending. Perhaps the expected ending is that Momily will be eliminated, so instead, something else will happen? You notice that at the end of this episode, the last shot is of Emily talking about how she will do whatever it takes to win, even if it means being "conniving." Ugh, I don't think I can wait for two weeks to see this!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Looking ahead to the Nov. 14 ep... RaceGirl 11-01-01 1
 RE: Looking ahead to the Nov. 14 ep... Stairway2Dayton 11-01-01 2
   RE: Looking ahead to the Nov. 14 ep... Canada Girl 11-01-01 3
       RE: Looking ahead to the Nov. 14 ep... Bramble 11-01-01 4
           RE: Looking ahead to the Nov. 14 ep... ykchan 11-01-01 5
               RE: Looking ahead to the Nov. 14 ep... shellybelly 11-01-01 6
                   RE: Looking ahead to the Nov. 14 ep... Cole 11-01-01 7
 Festers in trouble? AmazingFan 11-01-01 8
 RE: Looking ahead to the Nov. 14 ep... L82LIFE 11-01-01 9
   RE: Looking ahead to the Nov. 14 ep... Cole 11-01-01 10
       RE: Looking ahead to the Nov. 14 ep... Loree 11-01-01 11
           RE: Looking ahead to the Nov. 14 ep... katem 11-01-01 12
               RE: Looking ahead to the Nov. 14 ep... Loree 11-01-01 13
 RE: Looking ahead to the Nov. 14 ep... redtabby 11-02-01 14
   RE: Looking ahead to the Nov. 14 ep... Newbie 11-02-01 15
       RE: Looking ahead to the Nov. 14 ep... AmazingFan 11-02-01 16

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

RaceGirl 50 desperate attention whore postings

11-01-01, 04:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail RaceGirl Click to send private message to RaceGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Looking ahead to the Nov. 14 episode..."
Waiting two weeks for this will be hard. The most discouraging thing from the next episode preview was no terrain or gear on any of the teams that might place the Guidos rock climbing vidcap in that episode. Since the other vidcaps were also missing--Lawyers and Frats snorkeling, Frank in the snowy water---it looks really bad for Momily. I consider it a bad sign that they try and leave us with the impression that Emily will 'try' some secret/devious strategy since that gives us hope that they can upset the Guidos. The Guidos will have at least 15 min on Momily when they start out for the fast forward. They also have to be at least 6 hours behind the others due to the train delay so one of the three leading teams would have to have a monumental screw-up to allow the fast forward loser to make that FF try and still complete all the other challenges AND not be last. I like Momily so much (and I hate that only one woman will be left when they are gone) that I'd still have hope they could pull off this time miracle--except for the vidcap evidence which appears to doom Momily.

Stairway2Dayton 104 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-01-01, 08:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Stairway2Dayton Click to send private message to Stairway2Dayton Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Looking ahead to the Nov. 14 episode..."
I'm so frustrated with these non-elimination episodes!! Guido would be gone if the non-elims didn't exist. Of course, so would Momily, but I'm rooting for the Festers and F&M. It just seems kind of...flat...when no team is eliminated. Also, Momily didn't seem surprised to hear that they were safe. I wonder if they were told ahead of time, or if they had just figured it out like all you great spoilers did.

S2D

Canada Girl 3340 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-01-01, 10:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Canada%20Girl Click to send private message to Canada%20Girl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Looking ahead to the Nov. 14 episode..."
I totally agree with you Dalton, there's something funny going on at the eliminatiion points. Momily didn't look surprised at all and if you remember back to Lenny and Karyn's non-boot episode, she was jumping up and down and hugging Lenny BEFORE Phil annouced that it was a non-boot episode. Hmmmmmm.

Bramble 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-01-01, 12:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bramble Click to send private message to Bramble Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Looking ahead to the Nov. 14 episode..."
If you remember last weeks episode, Nancy was very focused on the word elimindated in the clue that led them to the hotel near the Taj Mahal. Perhaps that's how the teams know. If there's an elimination it says so on the clue to the pit stop, otherwise it doesn't.

ykchan 58 desperate attention whore postings

11-01-01, 01:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ykchan Click to send private message to ykchan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Looking ahead to the Nov. 14 episode..."
Bramble: Very good point. This is just a theory, but remember in earlier episodes when Mom said that the "fight was a bit gone." Knowing that this was non-elimination, they figured, well, let's wing it by taking the elephant since we're already in last and have no hope. So in this leg, it wouldn't have been surprising if the other four teams had pulled way ahead of Momily. But now that they're armed with the new knowledge that Guido is in the same boat, time-wise, as they are (bumping into them at the train station certainly helped), then perhaps this will renew their energy -- knowing that there is a chance for one of the favorites (and the least popular team) to be beaten in the next leg. We can all wish.

As for what Emily has up her sleeve, how about this: she miraculously finds the FF, convinces her mom to leave quietly but verbally declares that they've given up on the FF, leaving the Waldos to continue looking.

shellybelly 16 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

11-01-01, 01:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shellybelly Click to send private message to shellybelly Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Looking ahead to the Nov. 14 episode..."
Love your way of thinking ykchan! If Mom and Emily could trick the Guidos into wasting time looking, that would be a great "twist". After all, up until this point, Momily have been struggling just to make it in last! I don't know how I'm going to be able to wait until Nov.14 to find out.

Cole 409 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-01-01, 02:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cole Click to send private message to Cole Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Looking ahead to the Nov. 14 episode..."
Fantastic thought! Or how about, Emily making a big celebration about "finding" the FF. She and Nancy get in a cab and take off. Dejected, the Guidos sulk and leave. Nancy and Emily circle the block, come back and find the FF. The "unexpected twist" is both the fact that the Guidos get outplayed with deviousness and that Momily gets nasty.

AmazingFan 121 desperate attention whore postings

11-01-01, 02:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AmazingFan Click to send private message to AmazingFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Festers in trouble?"
LAST EDITED ON 11-01-01 AT 02:38 PM (EST)

I am worried that the surprise ending is that the Festers are going to be eliminated. It would be the only truly surprising ending because they were going on about how unstoppable they are while Momily, Guidos and GQ have all been showing worried about being eliminated (we know F/M won't be in the next episode). Especially surprising because we would all assume the FF loser is going to be eliminated instead ie either Guidos or Momily.

Wouldn't it be interesting if Momily DIDN'T get the FF next episode but didn't get eliminated either? Imagine Guidos reaction when they realize that Momily would be the only team left with an FF in their back pocket. I don't think they'd like that and I think the very reason they might be going so hard for the FF next episode is because they figure Momily will be eliminated and they won't be at a disadvantage because none of the remaining teams will have a FF left either...oh I can just imagine their faces.

L82LIFE 5333 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-01-01, 03:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail L82LIFE Click to send private message to L82LIFE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Looking ahead to the Nov. 14 episode..."
In the previews for E9, it showed Emily looking in jars/cans for something, then it showed them going into a room as Guido was coming out. At least, that was my first take on the scene. Now I'm wondering if Momily was coming out of the room as Guido was going in? That would mean that they were ahead of Guido in finding whatever they're searching for. I only saw it once, maybe somebody who taped the ep. could check this out and give me their "take" on it. Thanks.

Cole 409 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-01-01, 03:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cole Click to send private message to Cole Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Looking ahead to the Nov. 14 episode..."
Amazingfan, but in the preview they showed one of the Festers yelling at the other and then Phil said something about a mistake eliminating a team. For them to try to make us think the Festers will be the team that goes out tells me that it won't be them (I hope).

I watched that scene in the temple a couple of times, and unfortunately, to me it looked like Momily was racing into a room that Guidos were walking briskly out of. My take was that the Guidos had found it and were trying not to let Momily know it. I hope not. If the Guidos do get the Fast Forward I hope they do something to screw up. Even if they don't, it can't possibly give them that much of an advantage to gain 6 hours on the teams, I hope, and they will have used their FF. The worst outcome would be if Momily gets it but Guidos do not finish last, leaving them as the only team with the FF.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

11-01-01, 03:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Looking ahead to the Nov. 14 episode..."
I wonder if it is possible that the "unexpected happening" could be the team that finds the FF still gets eliminated. It could happen. They find it but then lose it or take a wrong train or break the rules. The FF just tells them where to go directly. They still have to make their way there. That would certainly be an unexpected twist.

katem 3315 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-01-01, 05:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail katem Click to send private message to katem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Looking ahead to the Nov. 14 episode..."
Loree, you just had to make it more difficult, didn't you? Now I cannot take that thought out of my head. It most certaintly be the most shocking of all twists.

But then, who gets the FF and thus eliminated?

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

11-01-01, 07:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Looking ahead to the Nov. 14 episode..."
Well.... it would be fun to watch if it happened to the Guidos. And I could see it happening to them. They would be so arrogant and cocky about the fact that they had the FF that they may just stop to have a bottle of wine and chat about how foolish the other players are compared to them. They did something foolish like that in Paris. And it may just be their arrogance that knocks them out of the game.

redtabby 9 desperate attention whore postings

11-02-01, 03:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail redtabby Click to send private message to redtabby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Looking ahead to the Nov. 14 episode..."
Since we have previews of Drew/Kevin and Rob/Brennan jumping into water somewhere, and Frank swimming in very cold water - none of these teams can be eliminated in the coming episode unless these events happen in that episode. Therefore, I think that either Momily or Guido are eliminated. Since we were shown the clip with Emily talking about being very conniving, I think that the editors are giving us a hint of what happens in the next episode. Emily gets serious and beats Guido to the FF. At least, that is what I am hoping!

I have read that they are in a temple in Thailand, and they are dropping lotus petals into the jars.

Newbie 1 desperate attention whore postings

11-02-01, 04:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Newbie Click to send private message to Newbie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Looking ahead to the Nov. 14 episode..."
"I have read that they are in a temple in Thailand, and they are dropping lotus petals into the jars."

Actually, they're dropping baht (Thai pennies, basically) into alms bowls. I'd say they are definitely in Thailand, perhaps the Bankok temple Wat Pho, with 108 bowls. You're supposed to put a baht in each bowl for good luck.

AmazingFan 121 desperate attention whore postings

11-02-01, 07:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AmazingFan Click to send private message to AmazingFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Looking ahead to the Nov. 14 episode..."
Well, that was me who started the lotus petal bit - I went back and watched that part again and clearly they are putting money in the pots - you can hear the clink clink! Sorry for the misinfo. I'm glad at least one other person here recognizes it as Wat Po, though, because I was starting to doubt my recollection!

I also think the shots of the Festers and GQ diving and snorkling look like southern Thailand...

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •