The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Official RTVW Summary: TARFE, Episode 9"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-23-05, 09:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Official RTVW Summary: TARFE, Episode 9"
For those of you that have been around for a bit you know that DD (ten years old) watches TAR with me and wants to do TAR when she gets older. So I’ve asked her to help me write this summary.

Me: Do you want to help me write the summary for tonight’s TAR?
DD: What do you mean summary?
Me: You know kind of how the news tells us what happened, we’re going to tell people what happened on TAR.
DD: So we’re going to do a paper on Katrina?
Me: No, no, no, no, no… we’re going to do a paper on TAR.
DD: Will it be in the newspaper?
Me: No, it’ll be on a website.
DD: I don’t get it.
Me: *sigh* Just make comments during the show and I’ll write them down.

Previously on TAR see Cygnus’s summary of Episode 8

The Gawdluski’s are the first to leave and start bickering right off the bat. They have to drive 136 miles to Monument Valley, UT and find John Ford’s point. This area of UT (which is beautiful by the way) was used in 1940’s westerns that were filmed by John Ford. The sisters tell us that Christine talks too much and has a word quota that she has to meet each day.

I like to talk a lot too, but I don’t have a word quota. What’s a word quota?
She has to say so many words a day or her teeth start to fall out.
I lost a tooth the other day, I must have not got my word quota.

The Linz’s are the second to leave and they see the Gawd’s going the wrong way and guess correctly that the Gawd’s are getting gas.

Weavers are third and we get to hear how they are so nice and wonderful to be around and the other teams are all rude to them. “It’s against their beliefs to be treated so rudely.” Ummmmm ok.

Bransons are last to leave and the girls are ready for anything. Dad on the other hand wouldn’t mind a nice boring task to do. Poor Dad.

Linzs, Weavers and Gawds go past the turn and have to turn around. Oh did I mention that they’re driving trucks towing trailers behind them? No? Oh well they are and much fun commences with the teams turning their rigs around and getting back on track. Christine tries to talk her sis through the turn and really just makes sure that she will meet her word quota for the day.

At John Ford’s point the Linzs, Weavers and Gawds arrive at about the same time and race for the clue box. The clue tells them that two from each team will take a helicopter ride to Elephant Butte to retrieve the next clue, only two teams can go at a time and they must grab a number. The Weavers and Gawds are the first to go up. The Linzs and the two Gawds left talk about yielding the Weavers if they can.

The next clue tells the teams to go to Moab, UT and find Gemini Bridges. The Weavers and Gawds finish and take off with trucks and trailers. Two of the Linz brothers go up in the helicopter next to retrieve the clue. The Bransons arrive well after everyone is gone. The two sisters that do the task actually take the time to ooh and aahhh and look out the windows. It really was a breathtaking sight. Then off they are to catch up with the others.

On the drive to Gemini Bridges the Weavers talk about how horrible Utah is. Hundred thousands of miles of nothing, according to Rolly. Rolly also gives us this gem of a comment, “God must have not spent much time here.” Gasp They have to be being paid to be this bad, really they do. Meanwhile the Linzs comment on The Big Sombrero and how cool it is.
The Linzs catch up to the Weavers and pass them cause Becky is not driving fast enough. (You know her Dad died at a race track right? Fast things are scary.)

More geography lessons from Mom Weaver, “Utah is the Mormon state.” The kids all gasp and look irritated that such people could be near them.

What happened to the Gawds? We didn’t see the Linzs passing them.
*yawn*

The Linzs arrive first and get the clue. Detour, ride down or drop down. In ride down the teams have to ride bikes 6 miles down to Bull Canyon. In drop down, teams do a two-stage rappel down to Bull Canyon. The Linzs pick drop down, and joke about having Nick go first because he’s expendable.

The Weavers arrive and decide to do bikes. We see them struggle (ok just the two fat girls) and comment that, “I don’t think Lance Armstrong could make it through this.” *crickets* (You can’t make this stuff up. It’s just too out there.)

The Bransons show up and decide to do the drop down. Poor Dad he’s just so excited to be able to rappel down the side of a butte. *giggle*

Where are those pink girls?
I don’t know that’s what I asked earlier.

The Gawds show up and there’s Phil with a voice over. Due to a production problem with the crew draining the truck’s battery, the Gawds had to wait for a new truck.

Well that’s weird, I wonder why we didn’t get to see everyone passing them on the side of the road?
That is weird.
So do you have any comments yet for me to add?
Ummmmmm, I think Utah is pretty. We should go there some day.
Yes it is, and yes we should.

Linzs get the clue at the bottom first and they’re off to Green River State Park to spend the night in the trailer. The first in is the first out at the State Park. So as you can guess, the Linzs are first, Weavers second, Bransens third and the Gawds are last. Each team will leave at 15-minute intervals starting at 7 a.m. The Linzs are shown playing some game outside in the dark, while the Weavers are shown complaining that the other teams are all rude to them.

The next day we’re off to Heber City, UT in search of Bart. Bart just happens to be a 1100 lb. Grizzly bear that will give them their next clue.

It’s a bear!
So it is.

The Linzs are first and make the obvious jokes about picnic baskets. The rest of the teams arrive in the order that they left. The Gawds play close attention to the signs and keep reminding each other to not scream when they walk around the house. Lucky bear.

Yogi’s Bart’s clue tells the team to drive to Utah Olympic Park in Park City, UT and there will be a yield there. The Linzs are on a mission to get there before the Weavers and yield them. The Weavers decide to take a different road to get back to the highway and get off on a scenic road that takes them around the long long long way. Oh darn.

The Linzs get to the Olympic Park and yield the Weavers. Roadblock! One team member must do a ski jump and land into a pool.

How cool! I want to do that.
Mom!!! I get to do the cool scary stuff, you get to do the gross food stuff.
Well that’s not fair. *pout*
*giggle*

Nick suits up to do the jump and his siblings hope that he doesn’t hurt himself. Which confuses me, cause earlier didn’t they say he was expendable? Nick does the jump and lands belly/face flop in the pool.

Belly flop!
That looked like it hurt.
Still want to do all the cool scary stuff?
Yes!

Lindsay does the jump for the Bransens and gets a date for after the race is done. Christine does the jump for the Gawds and for some reason yells “Be Proud” beforehand. Must be the word quota thing.

The Weavers still haven’t shown up and everyone is off and heading to the Salt Lake City Library for the pit stop. Warning, the last team may be eliminated. Can we dare to dream?

The Weavers know they’re way behind and that they’ll probably be yielded and have resigned themselves to be eliminated. (Yes!) They stop at McDonalds when they finally make it back to town, cause ice cream will make everything better. Or in the case of the one girl, a Big Mac will always make her happy. (Boy is she in for a life of disappointment.) Mom Weaver whines about how everyone always likes them and she can’t understand why the other teams don’t. They arrive at the Olympic park, turn over the yield timer and sit down to their McDonalds feast.

The Linzs finally get a first place finish and the guys are pleased to see Miss Utah greeting them at the mat. They won a trip to Jackson Hole, WY. (which by the way is also beautiful, I’ve been there.) The Bransons are second, Gawds third and tell Phil that yes they were happy to see the Weavers yielded. Chatty Chrissy says she’s trying to be quieter. (we’ll see how that goes)

Rolly does the jump and the Weavers drag themselves to the mat. They’re done, they don’t want to be in the race anymore. No one likes them and they want to go home.

I’m so glad they’re going home.
Me too, man are they whiners.
Yeah, and how could they say all those bad things about Utah?
I don’t know. They obviously don’t see the beauty in things around them.
We will, when we go on TAR. Won’t we?
Yes we will, honey.

They arrive at the mat and Phil gives them the news. It’s a non-elimination leg!

No!!!!
No!!!! Maybe they’ll be the first team to quit.

They’re not happy about still being in the race and Phil gives them a pep talk. They leave the mat feeling renewed and ready to continue in the race.

Gee thanks Phil.
Yeah, Phil.

Next episode we see crashing hot air balloons and Mom Weaver screeching at the Linzs.

So any parting comments for the summary?
Sure, I think Mom Weaver’s voice is like a thousand violins….

Being played by monkeys.

LOL Very good, leave them with snark, that’s always a good idea.

Save a horse, ride a cowboy.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Official RTVW Summary: TARFE, E... zipperhead 11-23-05 1
 applause!!!! brvnkrz 11-23-05 2
 I'm impressed! geg6 11-23-05 3
 RE: Official RTVW Summary: TARFE, E... Cygnus X1 11-23-05 4
 RE: Official RTVW Summary: TARFE, E... HistoryDetective 11-23-05 5
 RE: Official RTVW Summary: TARFE, E... Seana 11-23-05 6
 RE: Official RTVW Summary: TARFE, E... Lisa0116 11-23-05 7
 RE: Official RTVW Summary: TARFE, E... HobbsofMI 11-23-05 8
 RE: Official RTVW Summary: TARFE, E... Max Headroom 11-23-05 9
 RE: Official RTVW Summary: TARFE, E... Cyndimaus 11-23-05 10
 RE: Official RTVW Summary: TARFE, E... samboohoo 11-23-05 11
 RE: Official RTVW Summary: TARFE, E... strid333 11-23-05 12
 RE: Official RTVW Summary: TARFE, E... mysticwolf 11-23-05 13
 RE: Official RTVW Summary: TARFE, E... ARnutz 11-23-05 14
 RE: Official RTVW Summary: TARFE, E... mom2bjm 11-24-05 15
   RE: Official RTVW Summary: TARFE, E... maryellennaco 11-26-05 17
 RE: Official RTVW Summary: TARFE, E... kathliam 11-24-05 16
 RE: Official RTVW Summary: TARFE, E... Schnookie Palookie 11-29-05 18
 RE: Official RTVW Summary: TARFE, E... SilverStar 11-30-05 19

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

zipperhead 3442 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-23-05, 09:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zipperhead Click to send private message to zipperhead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Official RTVW Summary: TARFE, Episode 9"
Great job! DD is very observant (especially concerning the team that can do no wrong in some people's eyes).

Wish that we could see you two on this Race!

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings

11-23-05, 09:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "applause!!!!"
Great job, Breezy. Thanks for getting me caught up since I couldn't watch.
BTW, I loved the commentary by DD. *smooches to you both*

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

11-23-05, 09:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "I'm impressed!"
Record time, Breezy!

It's obviously the good influence of Breezygirl, who is as good at snark as any of our wizened pros.

Tell her that when you guys go on TAR, you're my team.

Go Breezy and Breezygirl!

I'm such a slut for the blues.

Cygnus X1 7505 desperate attention whore postings

11-23-05, 10:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cygnus%20X1 Click to send private message to Cygnus%20X1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Official RTVW Summary: TARFE, Episode 9"
How cool! I want to do that.
Mom!!! I get to do the cool scary stuff, you get to do the gross food stuff.
Well that’s not fair. *pout*
*giggle*

Nicely done, Breezy! And I look forward to seeing you and DD on the Race.

"Give me liberty . . . or a bran muffin!" --Colin Mochrie, "Whose Line"

HistoryDetective 9516 desperate attention whore postings

11-23-05, 10:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HistoryDetective Click to send private message to HistoryDetective Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Official RTVW Summary: TARFE, Episode 9"
Quick and funny --- but did you meet your word quota for the summary?

Seana 5044 desperate attention whore postings

11-23-05, 11:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Seana Click to send private message to Seana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Official RTVW Summary: TARFE, Episode 9"
*waves to Breezy's DD* What a smart girl.

Thank-you for the giggles:

- Belly flop!
That looked like it hurt.
Still want to do all the cool scary stuff?
Yes!

- You know her Dad died at a race track right? Fast things are scary

Lisa0116 688 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-23-05, 11:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisa0116 Click to send private message to Lisa0116 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Official RTVW Summary: TARFE, Episode 9"
LAST EDITED ON 11-23-05 AT 11:28 AM (EST)

excellent!!!

HobbsofMI 16065 desperate attention whore postings

11-23-05, 12:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Official RTVW Summary: TARFE, Episode 9"
Loved it...and it hit the nail on the head....

IF you team up with DD then Mrs. Hobbs and me will have our hands full in TAR's....lol....

sig by PM and bouncy by IceCat

Max Headroom 10069 desperate attention whore postings

11-23-05, 12:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Official RTVW Summary: TARFE, Episode 9"
Well done! But couldn't you make it a little more boring??

Cyndimaus 3117 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-23-05, 01:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cyndimaus Click to send private message to Cyndimaus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Official RTVW Summary: TARFE, Episode 9"
Superb! And so fast, too! I enjoyed DD's input.

Sigs by Cyg

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

11-23-05, 02:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Official RTVW Summary: TARFE, Episode 9"
You know I just had to make 5 minutes in my day to come over here to read this.

*smooches and giggles* to you and Breezygirl!

My personal favorite is the part about breezygirl losing a tooth.

Icey bounced my Dicey

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

11-23-05, 05:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail strid333 Click to send private message to strid333 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Official RTVW Summary: TARFE, Episode 9"
Very good summary and up in record time!

Three is the perfect number.

mysticwolf 10692 desperate attention whore postings

11-23-05, 06:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mysticwolf Click to send private message to mysticwolf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Official RTVW Summary: TARFE, Episode 9"
Terrific job, both of you! Breezygirl is just as snarky and observant as her mom. You two would soooo be my favorite team if you were running TAR.

A Tribephyl Winter Wonder

ARnutz 13937 desperate attention whore postings

11-23-05, 09:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Official RTVW Summary: TARFE, Episode 9"
Well, if DD doesn't get on TAR she surely has a future as a RTVW summary writer!

This was great! I especially love the whole word quota and losing teeth thing!

Icey bounced me!

mom2bjm 1467 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

11-24-05, 09:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mom2bjm Click to send private message to mom2bjm Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Official RTVW Summary: TARFE, Episode 9"
Nice Job Breezy! I'm glad to hear that someone appreciates the beauty that is my home state of Utah! Most who have been to Southern Utah would beg to differ with the Weaver's statement that God didn't spend much time on UT - In fact, he must have spent MORE time there!

Thanks for my snowman PM!

maryellennaco 1084 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-26-05, 07:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail maryellennaco Click to send private message to maryellennaco Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Official RTVW Summary: TARFE, Episode 9"
mom2bjm, you are so right! God DID spend more time in Utah, don't take it personally; the Weavers just are speaking with the WRONG BIG GUY!!
And great job to Breezy!! Can't wait to see you on the TARFE!!You guys are WINNERS!!

kathliam 3669 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

11-24-05, 09:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kathliam Click to send private message to kathliam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Official RTVW Summary: TARFE, Episode 9"
Breezy, thanks for the great summary! I didn't have a chance to see the episode since my local affiliate preempted the show for college basketball. (And my DVR didn't record it properly.)

Schnookie Palookie 16822 desperate attention whore postings

11-29-05, 09:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Schnookie%20Palookie Click to send private message to Schnookie%20Palookie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Official RTVW Summary: TARFE, Episode 9"
How fun! A summary by Breezy and Breezygirl. LOL at the monkey's playing violins comment

Winterized by Arkie

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings

11-30-05, 03:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Official RTVW Summary: TARFE, Episode 9"
Yay Breezy and Breezygirl! Can't wait to see you both on TAR. You would sooo kick everyone else's butt, this summary proves what a great team you are!

*smooches*

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •