The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The Linz family is a bunch of punks"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

rba2 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-23-05, 08:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail rba2 Click to send private message to rba2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The Linz family is a bunch of punks"
Title says it all.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The Linz family is a bunch of p... HistoryDetective 11-23-05 1
   RE: The Linz family is a bunch of p... geg6 11-23-05 2
       RE: The Linz family is a bunch of p... HistoryDetective 11-23-05 3
           RE: The Linz family is a bunch of p... geg6 11-23-05 5
           RE: The Linz family is a bunch of h... Rhyn 11-23-05 10
   RE: The Linz family is a bunch of p... Prof_ Wagstaff 11-23-05 4
       RE: The Linz family is a bunch of p... geg6 11-23-05 6
           RE: The Linz family is a bunch of p... HistoryDetective 11-23-05 7
               RE: The Linz family is a bunch of p... Prof_ Wagstaff 11-23-05 8
                   RE: The Linz family is a bunch of p... Breezy 11-23-05 9
                   RE: The Linz family is a bunch of p... tvgeek401 11-23-05 13
                       RE: The Linz family is a bunch of p... Prof_ Wagstaff 11-24-05 17
 RE: The Linz family is a bunch of p... Lisa0116 11-23-05 11
 RE: The Linz family is a bunch of p... nailbone 11-23-05 12
   RE: The Linz family is a bunch of p... rba2 11-23-05 15
       Let's see....... vince3 11-24-05 19
 RE: The Linz family is a bunch of p... Lisa0116 11-23-05 14
   RE: The Linz family is a bunch of p... rba2 11-23-05 16
       RE: The Linz family is a bunch of p... flipxcyd 11-24-05 18
           RE: The Linz family is a bunch of p... HistoryDetective 11-25-05 20
 RE: The Linz family is a bunch of p... pumpkinqueen 11-25-05 21
 RE: The Linz family is a bunch of p... maryellennaco 11-26-05 22
 RE: The Linz family is a bunch of p... Earl Colby Pottinger 11-27-05 23

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

HistoryDetective 9516 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-23-05, 09:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HistoryDetective Click to send private message to HistoryDetective Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The Linz family is a bunch of punks"
Title says it all.

No, really, it doesn't. Fine if you don't like the Linz family, but can you share with us at least one objective or subjective reason that you think they are punks?

Sigs by Syren and Seana. Bouncie by IceCat. One and Only WeinerGuy.
journal

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

11-23-05, 09:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The Linz family is a bunch of punks"
Yes, HD, I agree. I, personally, have not witnessed any behavior that would lead me to think they were punks. In fact, I'd say just the contrary.

As for punkish behavior, I'd have to take the Weavers as the example.

I'm such a slut for the blues.

11-23-05, 09:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HistoryDetective Click to send private message to HistoryDetective Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The Linz family is a bunch of punks"
I had a good feeling about the Linz family after reading about some of the stuff not shown during the program in one of the threads over on Fanatics.

(The Paolos) also said that they were surprised about the editing on their second first place win. They said that Marion was really about to drop and could not run any more, but that also Meghan Linz could not run any more either. When the Linz boys saw that they weren’t going to make it even carrying Meghan, one of the Linz boys grabbed Marion and helped her to the mat so they could be first.

Doesn't seem like punk behavior to me!

journal

11-23-05, 09:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: The Linz family is a bunch of punks"
In fact, it could be argued that such behavior is rather Christ-like.

But then that couldn't be true because, as they are constantly saying, the Weavers are the only good Christians of the bunch.

Rhyn 524 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-23-05, 10:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Rhyn Click to send private message to Rhyn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: The Linz family is a bunch of hunks"
http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/cgi-bin/dcboard.cgi?az=show_thread&om=1267&forum=DCForumID37&omm=93

I said the same thing last night, and no, I'm not saying so now to be all, "I said it first! I said it first!" I just think it's telling that multiple people can come up with such an obvious example of "non-punkery" for the Linz family.

It must have been "hunks" after all, because "punks" just doesn't make sense.

Prof_ Wagstaff 4196 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

11-23-05, 09:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Prof_%20Wagstaff Click to send private message to Prof_%20Wagstaff Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: The Linz family is a bunch of punks"
HD,on my best days I'm a two finger typer. I'm always searching for the correct key (The Bible Method of typing, "seek and ye shall find"). So maybe rba2 just hit the wrong key. Maybe s/he ment to hit the "h" instead of the "p".
If so would you still need clarifacation?

Sig by Cignus

11-23-05, 09:46 AM (EST)
6. "RE: The Linz family is a bunch of punks"
Ha!

Yes, it makes much more sense as "hunks."

Because those boys are pretty hot.

11-23-05, 09:53 AM (EST)
7. "RE: The Linz family is a bunch of punks"
That is a convincing argument!!!

journal

Well, two of them are. The youngest one ... not so much.

11-23-05, 09:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Prof_%20Wagstaff Click to send private message to Prof_%20Wagstaff Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: The Linz family is a bunch of punks"
Just trying to be pelpful.

Sig by Cignus

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings

11-23-05, 10:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: The Linz family is a bunch of punks"
*snort*

tvgeek401 1615 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

11-23-05, 04:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tvgeek401 Click to send private message to tvgeek401 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: The Linz family is a bunch of punks"

*giggle*

Prof. Wagstaff is my new favorite poster.

It just wouldn't be the same without the geek! --tribe, the amazing creator of my siggie
And HD...the youngest one is the cutest of them all.

11-24-05, 00:38 AM (EST)
17. "RE: The Linz family is a bunch of punks"

You're much too kind. I promise to disappoint you in the near future.

Sig by Cignus

Lisa0116 688 desperate attention whore postings

11-23-05, 11:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisa0116 Click to send private message to Lisa0116 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: The Linz family is a bunch of punks"
I will quote James from BB6-"You're a dumba$$"

The Linz family ROCKS!!!

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

11-23-05, 04:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: The Linz family is a bunch of punks"
They have a tendency to act a bit on the immature side sometimes, but they're a buncha 20-somethings, frat-boy types. That's just how kids like that act.

Sig by Slice

Holey carp! My blog! MySpace!
Official OT Tassel Adjuster o-

11-23-05, 06:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rba2 Click to send private message to rba2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: The Linz family is a bunch of punks"
Thanks for your input. Just a bunch of spoil frat boys and girl.

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

11-24-05, 10:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "Let's see......."
LAST EDITED ON 11-24-05 AT 10:53 PM (EST)

>Thanks for your input. Just a bunch of spoil frat boys and girl.

We already have documented evidence of kindness from the Linz's. They are, admittedly, cocky. But, then again that's why some of the Bashers have nicknamed them Rush Week, being college kids: Still in or just graduated that they are.

Now: Let's look at the Weaver's shall we????
1. The endless song/meltdown on bus #2 during the 3rd leg (To the Space Camp site.)

2. The "slow down" and "make them miss" comments down in Panama during the 5th leg. Not to mention their reaction to the "Hey batter, batter" from the Linz's. Isn't the "Hey Batter" a normal thing in baseball?? (The first non-elimination one.)

3. Let's not forget the garbage thrown toward the Godlewski sisters during the 2-part episode in Arizona. (I forget which part.)

4. Finally, the complete lack of respect for the areas that they've raced in. Especially Utah. "God didn't spend much time here," et al.

5. Oh! I almost forgot! The completely unenthusiastic reaction to NOT being eliminated!!! It took Phil to remind them about a couple of the past winners. Especially Uchenna and Joyce, (TAR7) who started the FINAL LEG with $0, and hardly any clothes, AND WON THE WHOLE THING!!!

Lisa0116 688 desperate attention whore postings

11-23-05, 05:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisa0116 Click to send private message to Lisa0116 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: The Linz family is a bunch of punks"
You are just jealous, right?? It must be a Weaver posting.....

11-23-05, 06:51 PM (EST)
16. "RE: The Linz family is a bunch of punks"
This is the basher forum. It's to bash the show, players, stars, etc. It's not a forum to bash other posters. Thank you.

flipxcyd 1060 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-24-05, 03:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail flipxcyd Click to send private message to flipxcyd Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: The Linz family is a bunch of punks"
Definitely a Weaver posting.

11-25-05, 10:58 AM (EST)
20. "RE: The Linz family is a bunch of punks"
That's not completely fair. Just because somebody wants to bash a team other than the Weavers doesn't make their opinion any less valid. I don't happen to agree that the Linz family are punks ... but I do want to know more about why other viewers might have that opinion. Implying that only Weavers would have that kind of idea doesn't help the discussion much.

I can understand how peeps could see the Linz family as spoiled frat boys ... and I was glad for the explanation. I'd like to hear more, if only to avoid talking about the Weavers all the time.

So, rba, give us more examples. I don't promise to agree ... but I am curious how others perceive of the Linz.

journal

pumpkinqueen 220 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-25-05, 03:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pumpkinqueen Click to send private message to pumpkinqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: The Linz family is a bunch of punks"
i was prepared to dislike the Linz boys--assuming that they would be the typical reality show annoying frat-boys--but they are actually likeable. i think they act age/social position appropriate, and it could be the editing, but they don't come across as punks at all.

they are the only remaining team that appears to be having a great time and doing pretty well in the race. i enjoy watching them--even the youngest one (much to my surprise).

an arkiegrl original 2005

oh, and i also think "hunks" is much more appropriate!

maryellennaco 1084 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-26-05, 07:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail maryellennaco Click to send private message to maryellennaco Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: The Linz family is a bunch of punks"
Whoever said they're a bunch of frat boys (and girl) said it all. They are twenty-somethings, and no MOM or DAD with them to tone it down.
The same CANNOT be said for the freaky Weaver family... There's Mama right out in front hollering, "WHY DID YOU YIELD US" or something to that effect. EERRPP!!! I wish Phil hadn't said A THING to them... He's just egging them on.

Earl Colby Pottinger 2597 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

11-27-05, 01:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to send private message to Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: The Linz family is a bunch of punks"
Still in all the threads I have note seen anything to show that they have acted like punks. What have I missed?

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •