The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Sean Rector: A man much bigger than the rest"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Survivor_Steve 47 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-17-02, 06:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Survivor_Steve Click to send private message to Survivor_Steve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Sean Rector: A man much bigger than the rest"
*This is a tribute to Sean Rector and all of his fans.*
To start off, I have to say that Sean was not high on my favorite's list but he grew on me. I began to see what he was really about. He said it perfectly in his final words segment, "I'm just a humble young man trying to find a place in this world." He grew up and was raised a city boy from Harlem, NY. I am a teenager being raised in Lancaster, PA. Our worlds are nothing alike. I found that out when Sean was afraid of the ocean and riding on a horse during the reward challenge. I thought it was an act but he really knew nothing else of the world. He was born and raised in one area and only ever knew that place he called "home." As I thought about this, I felt guilt as though I wanted to change lives with him so he could live a splendid life! But the more I thought about it, his life is made! He gets to watch children in the classroom grow and prosper. He teaches basketball and makes dreams perhaps become reality. He works with the drama class. Sean was on Survivor, and it showed that he is a man just like us but just coming from a different world. People get the wrong perception on people from editing!!! Come on...editing! How stupid is that? They made Sean look like a fool but he is representing his own community and he did a damn good job of it! I am white so maybe I am not part of "his" so-called community with race but I would love to be a part of it. If I met him, it would just be a dream come true! And last, I want to say, maybe Sean ended the game for himself at TC but he is a fighter and he will fight for what he believes in. How can u hate this guy? or even dislike this guy? He is a man of his culture and I admire him for it. In honor of him, I put his picture in the background on my computer so I will always think of him and how he change my perception on city boys. Please comment on my post or Instant Message me at BAREWOOLEY.
PS. A friend of mine goes to Milton Hershey School (the same school Sean went to). He has a life of his own and I can't say enough about it. If you read this Sean, let me know. Thanks, and God Bless YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Sean Rector: A man much bigger ... Steph 05-17-02 1
 RE: Sean Rector: A man much bigger ... JeffGator 05-18-02 2
   RE: Sean Rector: A man much bigger ... Survivor_Steve 05-18-02 3
 RE: Sean Rector: A man much bigger ... smiles 05-18-02 4
   RE: Sean Rector: A man much bigger ... Survivor_Steve 05-19-02 5
 RE: Sean Rector: A man much bigger ... Fast Eddie 05-19-02 6
   RE: Sean Rector: A man much bigger ... sittem14 05-19-02 7
       RE: Sean Rector: A man much bigger ... Survivor_Steve 05-19-02 8
           RE: Sean Rector: A man much bigger ... JeffGator 05-19-02 9
               RE: Sean Rector: A man much bigger ... Survivor_Steve 05-22-02 10
                   Ideas versus People AyaK 05-23-02 13
                       RE: Ideas versus People JeffGator 05-25-02 17
           RE: Sean Rector: A man much bigger ... PagongRatEater 05-22-02 11
               RE: Sean Rector: A man much bigger ... Survivor_Steve 05-23-02 12
 RE: Sean Rector: A man much bigger ... kmsouthern 05-24-02 14
   RE: Sean Rector: A man much bigger ... Survivor_Steve 05-24-02 15
       RE: Sean Rector: A man much bigger ... Survivor_Steve 05-24-02 16
 RE: Sean Rector: A man much bigger ... Teddy_Bear 05-25-02 18
   RE: Sean Rector: A man much bigger ... Survivor_Steve 05-25-02 19
       RE: Sean Rector: A man much bigger ... LadyT 05-26-02 20
           RE: Sean Rector: A man much bigger ... Survivor_Steve 05-27-02 21
               Of course I see race Kermit the Vixen 05-27-02 22
               RE: Sean Rector: A man much bigger ... kmsouthern 05-28-02 23
               RE: Sean Rector: A man much bigger ... sittem14 05-28-02 24
                   RE: Sean Rector: A man much bigger ... kmsouthern 05-28-02 25
                       RE: Sean Rector: A man much bigger ... Survivor_Steve 05-28-02 26
               RE: Sean Rector: A man much bigger ... Survivorchick 05-28-02 27
                   RE: Sean Rector: A man much bigger ... sittem 05-29-02 28
                       RE: Sean Rector: A man much bigger ... toddE 05-29-02 29
                           RE: Sean Rector: A man much bigger ... Survivor_Steve 05-29-02 30
                               RE: Sean Rector: A man much bigger ... sittem 05-29-02 31
                                   RE: Sean Rector: A man much bigger ... Survivor_Steve 05-30-02 32
 RE: Sean Rector: A man much bigger ... Survivor Freak 1987 05-30-02 33
   RE: Sean Rector: A man much bigger ... JeffGator 05-30-02 34
       RE: Venus vs. Mars, Debunked Teddy_Bear 05-30-02 35
           RE: Survivors Survivor_Steve 06-01-02 36
               RE: Survivors JeffGator 06-01-02 37
                   RE: Survivors Survivor_Steve 06-01-02 38
                       RE: Survivors Survivor_Steve 06-01-02 39
                       RE: Survivors JeffGator 06-01-02 40
                           RE: Survivors Survivor_Steve 06-01-02 41
                               RE: Survivors JeffGator 06-01-02 42
 Thank you. icequeen570 06-01-02 43
   RE: Survivor pictures Survivor_Steve 06-02-02 44
       RE: Survivor pictures JeffGator 06-02-02 45
           RE: Survivor pictures Survivor_Steve 06-03-02 46
 Go Sean Dianetic 06-05-02 47
   RE: Go Sean Survivor_Steve 06-06-02 48
 RE: Sean Rector: A man much bigger ... toddE 06-06-02 49
   RE: Sean Rector: A man much bigger ... Survivor_Steve 06-07-02 50
       RE: Sean Rector: A man much bigger ... Survivor_Steve 06-07-02 51
           RE: Sean Rector: A man much bigger ... toddE 06-07-02 52
               RE: Sean Rector: A man much bigger ... Survivor_Steve 06-09-02 53
                   RE: Sean Rector: A man much bigger ... Survivor_Steve 06-10-02 54
                       RE: Sean Rector: A man much bigger ... Survivor_Steve 06-23-02 55

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Steph 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-17-02, 08:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Steph Click to send private message to Steph Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Sean Rector: A man much bigger than the rest"
I agree with you! I will surely miss him on the show.

JeffGator 1401 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

05-18-02, 05:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JeffGator Click to send private message to JeffGator Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Sean Rector: A man much bigger than the rest"
just to let you know there was a thread entitled "Sean Rave" posted 4 hours before yours. It's only 2 threads below yours right now. I'm not a moderator or anything, but I thought I'd just let you know for future reference.

"Vee will win Survivor. Not because she's such a good player - after all, she's aligned with Sean, who is an idiot - but rather because she is lucky."--Richard Hatch in US Weekly

05-18-02, 10:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Survivor_Steve Click to send private message to Survivor_Steve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Sean Rector: A man much bigger than the rest"
JeffGator, I saw that post shortly after I made mine. And I thought about what I did and how it was generally similar to the "Sean Rave" post. But, mine was more of a feelings post, not 'You played the game well and I will forget about you 2 minutes from now.' I mean, come on....How many of us really remember Peter and Patricia?! I am just making a point that Sean changed my ways in a different way than just tv. He made his life in a city and that is all he knows. It is admirable. I hope people don't mistake my post with others because I spoke from my heart and how I really feel. As for you JeffGator, maybe you should read my post again and get the real meaning out of it...it's up to you! ~SurvivorSteve

smiles 675 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-18-02, 01:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smiles Click to send private message to smiles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Sean Rector: A man much bigger than the rest"
You should really watch his audition video. You can really see how he cares for his students and how he cares about others more than himself.

I will miss him in the F4. He would have given te best answers in the F2!~

05-19-02, 11:00 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Sean Rector: A man much bigger than the rest"
Does anyone know how to contact him? I know he lives in a rough section of LA but that means nothing. He is still the caring guy who loves his students to death. If you know any way possible that survivor fans can reach him, please post it here or Instant Message BAREWOOLEY. Thanks a whole lot and GOD BLESS U!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fast Eddie 625 desperate attention whore postings

05-19-02, 01:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fast%20Eddie Click to send private message to Fast%20Eddie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Sean Rector: A man much bigger than the rest"
Early in the Cosby show reunion, Quincy Jones said that he really admired Bill Cosby because in all the years, "he never once played the race card." The Cosby show ran for eight years, five of them at #1, so you know he crossed all racial lines. He is credited with having inspired a lot of black kids to aspire to being doctors and other well-educated professionals, and with breaking down a lot of stereotypes whites had.

What does Sean inspire in his kids? Apparently that all blacks have a special bond and that they must unite against oppressive whitey. Unfortunately, I suspect he does it very well. So we will have hundreds more kids filled with anger and hate, and many stereotypes reinforced.

Sounds to me like Cosby is a far better role model for you - and for Sean.

sittem14 112 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-19-02, 01:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sittem14 Click to send private message to sittem14 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Sean Rector: A man much bigger than the rest"
Fast Eddie, OMH!

05-19-02, 02:55 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Sean Rector: A man much bigger than the rest"
Fast Eddie,
Sean said it in his final words segment that he hopes him students strive to be better than him. BTW, YOU HAVE NEVER WALKED A MILE IN HIS FOOT STEPS! That says a lot about a person who criticizes people and hasn't even spent a day in their shoes. What a jerk! Just save it because this post is supposed to be for people who care about the guy, not rip him! BYE

05-19-02, 03:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JeffGator Click to send private message to JeffGator Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Sean Rector: A man much bigger than the rest"
just out of curiousity, are you older than 11 years old?

05-22-02, 05:10 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Sean Rector: A man much bigger than the rest"
Yes, I am older than 11...why do u ask? Are u referring to my maturity level? Give me a break...Just because I defend somebody from the "hood" doesn't mean anything. I like the guy. BTW, I am very mature...I just have a problem with people that percieve others by editing!

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-23-02, 09:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "Ideas versus People"
JeffGator and Survivor_Steve, feel free to differ with the ideas of others here. That's what makes a messageboard interesting. But be sure that it doesn't cross over into derogatory comments about other posters, OK?

Attack the post if you want, but don't attack the poster.

05-25-02, 02:11 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Ideas versus People"
AyaK and Survivor_Steve, I was not making fun of his ideas. I asked him if he was older than 11 because he often types in all capital letters (although not so much in this thread). Usually, the younger posters are the ones who make this mistake. It had nothing to do with his support of Sean. And I apologize, because it was rude of me, I should have just advised him privately to not type in capital letters. So Survivor_Steve, I am sorry; thanks for the post.

PagongRatEater 12996 desperate attention whore postings

05-22-02, 05:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Sean Rector: A man much bigger than the rest"
I think that Sean - like ALL of us - has his admirable points and his less admirable ones. I think that soms of the points that you raise about Sean are valid. It is truly inspiring to see someone who is willing to give back to their community. It is wonderful to see someone who cares about other people so strongly. It is great to see that he is doing something worthwhile with his life and that he overcame a great deal of adversity to do it.

What is less impressive is his percieved racial prejudice and his promotion of continually raising racial issues. Perhaps as someone who hasn't directly shared those experiences I really can't understand where he is coming from, but Sean has not been a good example of racial harmony.

As MLK said "judge a man not on the color of his skin, but on the content of his character." Judging Sean as a person, who really passes this test, but I don't think that you can truly say that he practices this philosphy in his own life.

05-23-02, 06:06 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Sean Rector: A man much bigger than the rest"
PagongRatEater,
You brought up a good point with Sean. He is admirable in some cases than others. I totally agree with you. I will admit that the racial thing might have been brought up way too much and then again it was part editing. Like I said before, you can't judge a person unless you have walked a mile in his/her shoes. I encourage everybody to keep posting. I feel this is a good way for your voice to be heard.

kmsouthern 30 desperate attention whore postings

05-24-02, 03:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kmsouthern Click to send private message to kmsouthern Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Sean Rector: A man much bigger than the rest"
Well, I'm very glad to see that there are other Sean fans out there (I thought my husband and I were his only fans at times!).

For starters, I liked Sean from the very first episode. His anecdotes were hilarious! I've posted a number of pro-Sean and "in defense of Sean" messages on here so I feel like a broken record, but I really think that people looked WAY too into the "race" thing to try to make something out of it that wasn't there. When you are a person of color, race is a constant issue (whether white folks understand/accept/realize it or not). People always make reference to Sean's "prejudice" without understanding that in no way does talking about race (in the manner in which he did) make you prejudiced/racist. Sure, he brought up race a lot (as far as "air time" goes it was a lot...in "real life" those clips we saw may have been the ONLY mention of it, but that's beside the point), but when the first thing people see and judge you for is the color of your skin (dispute this all you want, but unless you are a person of color - or married to one - you really can't understand just how often this happens), you can't help but feel as if it has a bearing on everything you do and the way everyone views you. I cannot tell you HOW many times my husband has been followed in stores (as a grown man, this is pretty damn embarrassing) because people thought he was "suspicious"...his "skin color" was suspicious is what they meant. And people automtically assume that you will side with another black person/person of color in any circumstance.

I think a lot of people missed the point on his comments/jokes (in particular those about calling Johnnie Cochran). African American people have a long history of trying to find the "up-side" in a given situation, and that is one of the most common defense mechanisms of African Americans. A perfect example of this is the current use of the term "ni**a" amongst black people. Black people re-claimed this word as their own (ending in 'a' instead of 'er') and re-invented the definition of the term. There are a lot of people who don't like the term, but there are also a lot of people who find comfort in the fact that they no longer have to "fear" the term in this context. It is a very hard concept to explain, but it's all relevant to Sean's actions on S4...he makes a lot of jokes (esp. about race or issues relating to race) and that's more than likely a result of trying to find humor in an otherwise negative situation. There is a great deal of sociological research on this subject, but I can't find any of the studies I'm familiar with in order to give you a citation or additional specifics...

Well, I just hoped that I could bring up some things that hadn't been mentioned before in order to *maybe* enlighten some folks about possible motives/reasons for some of Sean's actions on S4. Most people will still think he's igrnorant (SO far from the truth for those of us who appreciate where he is coming from) and has a hatred of "whitey" (my only hypothesis for this belief relates to him talking about race and people thinking that anyone who talks about race is prejudiced...as sittem has said before).

Anyway, thanks for your input/thread, Steve. I'm glad that he was able to enlighten you and "change perception on city boys"! The fact that you learned something (something positive) from Sean is encouraging and makes me think that maybe other people have learned something to before jumping down his throat (and to conclusions) at his first mention of "race"! Thanks for sharing!

05-24-02, 04:03 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Sean Rector: A man much bigger than the rest"
Thanks kmsouthern! I didn't really know how to explain the whole race issue but you said it perfectly in your words. I also want to include that Sean went against all odds and almost made the final 4. He went from looking like the one voted off after Rob M. to the one who controlled the game. In fact, he was one vote from the finals and a million dollars. He fought and fought and fought. Not once did he put his head down. Not once did he say that the game was over. He kept his head up and made sure he did everything in his power to stay in the game. He did a damn good job of it and people should commend him for his determination. His willpower won out and helped VEE WIN! This shows what friendship can do. God bless you all, "Survivor Steve"

05-24-02, 07:49 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Sean Rector: A man much bigger than the rest"
Also, this post is not just limited to Sean Rector!!! You may post anything about other fantastic survivors!!! I love them all so you can post anything as long as you don't bust on them. They are great people just like everyone of us. Talk to ya later, Steve
PS. "Oh my Heck!" I love that quote

Teddy_Bear 1675 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

05-25-02, 04:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Teddy_Bear Click to send private message to Teddy_Bear Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Sean Rector: A man much bigger than the rest"
Survivor_Steve, thank you very much for starting this thresd. Sean my not have been my all-time favourite character on the show, or even most memorable, but like you

--To answer the question that Kim Powers from s3, asked at the final jury vote--Sean Rector is the person from all 4 seasons that I learned the most from.

Like many people I was initially disturbed about his comments on race; after all, none of the previous African-American Survivors, had made an issue of it, but after reading various posters comments on the EZ-boards and CBS Chat; I realised that I was the one who needed to alter my perceptions of Sean and what he was representin'.

Survivor is a microcosim of society, and what Sean accomplished that was so inspirational to me; is that he changed my mind about the entire issue of race in America.

The unfortunate fact is that we don't--despite the late MLK's dream--live in a colour-blind society. People kept saying that race had nothing to do with Survivor; maybe not as far as directly affecting either Sean's or Vee's chances in the game, but out of 16 contestants, 8 women, 8 men; only two of those 16 are non-white, and each representin' one gender.

With those kind of odds, how can anybody honestly say that it has nothing to do with race? I think it is to MB's credit that he cast someone like Sean. As irritating as it was for a lot of people; a much less controversial individual would never have been able to open up his critics' eyes the way he has.

While I still haven't gotten over the ending of the show; the bright spot for me is what I learned from Sean. He has done far more to educate me on this subject than many well-known important and highly respected leaders--MLK being the sole exception.

Some of you would find this perplexing. You might say why not Colin Powel, Ophah, Sidney Poitier, Jesse Jackson, or Maya Angelou?
For the exact reverse reasons of what Sean did.

Yes all the above mentioned individuals are fine examples of highly respected African-Americans, but unlike Sean, who is a real person, they can't possibly identify with an ordinary person of colour who is experiencing the same struggles as Sean.

No matter how many brilliant, talented, and distinguished,and even powerful members of society, African-American become; only a ordinary--or should I say--extrodinary young man like Sean can really hold up a mirror to us--even if we don't like what we see in its reflection.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Sean: What else we got out here, but nature and opportunity?

Facts may weaken under extreme heat and pressure.
|
Light a Virtual Candle
Eleanor Roosevelt: No one can make YOU feel inferior without YOUR consent!

05-25-02, 08:30 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Sean Rector: A man much bigger than the rest"
I love your post Teddy_Bear. I agree that MB is too credit for our life-changing-perception of african-americans. I think Sean can have his bad moments but he really taught us the "true" ethics of life. People may say that they don't see color but truely they do. I am white but I have friends that are anti-black and I don't understand why. But the truth is, many whites and other races still see color. It is a way of life and people have to see that Sean is politically correct. Keep it up! Steve

LadyT 5567 desperate attention whore postings

05-26-02, 09:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LadyT Click to send private message to LadyT Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Sean Rector: A man much bigger than the rest"
I hated Sean at first. But we have seen him grow up if you will. You can tell he cares for the people around him. I imagine he is a good teacher and a very caring, spiritual person. To me, it doesn't matter what color you are, it's your actions that define the person. Sean went from one of my most hated survivors to my top five.

05-27-02, 12:41 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Sean Rector: A man much bigger than the rest"
For all you Survivor fans out there, this is a question out of curiousity. How many of you see color of skin?

Kermit the Vixen 1639 desperate attention whore postings

05-27-02, 04:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Kermit%20the%20Vixen Click to send private message to Kermit%20the%20Vixen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "Of course I see race"
I do see race, but I see it the same way I see gender, for example. Men and women are not the same. Equal, but not the same. They deal with significantly different issues, face completely different circumstances daily, often have different perspectives and different communication styles and typically have different ways of relating to the world and to each other. They also can have different artistic tastes. Think "chick flick." White men and black men are not the same either. Equal, but not the same. They deal with significantly different issues... (yada yada - see above).

But I'll tell you what I HATE is when people use their gender, race, age, whatever as an excuse to whine. I'm a single mother and have been for over 10 years now. I do face many challenges, but I accept the fact that I am different than married moms, I'm different from men, etc and I live accordingly. I don't want men to treat me like a man! I want people to see me as a strong, feminine woman, I don't want men to say "I don't see gender. We all the same." No we are not! I'm not a man!

I'm also WHITE so I can't speak for black people, but it seems to me that the same would apply. I did hear a strong, elegant black woman one time say she hates it when people say they don't see color. She said "Look at me! I'm a beautiful black woman!" I would think people should respect the differences between races and cultures the same as they respect (or should respect) the differences between genders.

So yes, I see race. But I see it merely as a difference, nothing more.

-----------------------
Why are you looking at me? Stop looking at me. I said, STOP -- wait, what? OK, never mind.

05-28-02, 05:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kmsouthern Click to send private message to kmsouthern Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Sean Rector: A man much bigger than the rest"
LAST EDITED ON 05-28-02 AT 05:16 AM (EST)

I personally have a very hard time believing anyone who says he/she does not "see race" (unless he/she is actually literally blind). It is impossible NOT to see "race" and we should not, as Vixen said, push "race" aside.

However, unlike Vixen, I do NOT take issue with people who "bring up" race...rather, I think that the vast majority of these people do so because they feel that the issue of "race" IS relevant. Different people have different perceptions based upon personal experience...one of these differences is in relation to the perceived relevance of "race" in a given situation. To tie Survivor into my thread, I will use Sean as an example. Sean FELT that the issue of race was relevant. He felt as if Neleh & Pappy were making assumptions about him (& Vee) based upon their race (which may or not be true, but he is entitled to his perception). He felt that they assumed that an alliance (similar to the Neleh/Pappy alliance) existed and it existed because both Sean & Vee are African American. Based upon comments made by Pappy, I tend to agree with Sean, but since I was not present, I don't take issue with anyone who does not agree (only the reasons for disagreeing).

In my opinion, many whites feel that "race" is only related to something if a person WANTS it to be related...to me that is not the case. It is also my opinion that many whites feel that "race" is used as a scapegoat (yes, some people DO use "race" as a scapegoat, but you cannot assume - because of a small percentage of people - that everyone does this). I choose to assume that a person has the right to believe that "race" is/was an issue. TO me it works in a similar (but not completely the same) way as sexual harassment. The INTENTION of a person is not what determines whether or not sexual harassment has occurred, according to the law. A person's FEELING (feeling harassed) is what is important (which is probably why many people can "get away with" filing harassment law suits without any grounds).

Somewhat related is the notion of "reverse discrimination". This term has become commonplace and we all know (or are at least somewhat aware) of the intended definition of the term. Well, not only is that term offensive, but it makes no sense whatsoever. First, who decided what "regular" discrimination was (leading to the "reverse" of that)? The term "reverse discrimination" (IMO) gives special attention to the fact that white people are being discriminated against, whereas any other type of discrimination is just "discrimination". Does one group of people have a monopoly on discrimination? No. Does the discrimination of one group of people have more meaning/relevance/importance than another group? No. Discrimination is wrong regardless of the color of the victim or perpetrator and there should not be a special term for one group of people.

In many societies, ethnicity plays an important cultural role. African Americans celebrate their "blackness" and Chicanos (Mexicans) celebrate their "brownness", so why should we pretend that these differences in hue do not exist? We should not...instead we should celebrate them. We should be happy that our world is made up of varying shades of brown. It is my personal belief that the origins of humanity were in Africa - I have come to this belief based upon reading about cultural anthropology research...the vast majority of cultural anthropologist share this belief (it is called the "Out of Africa" theory if you want more information about it).

I know I have a tendency to ramble on and on when it comes to issues of "race" or ethnicity, but it's because I hold very strong beliefs with regard to these issues/topics.

We live in a world comprised of people of various ethnic, cultural, & religious backgrounds. As humans, it is our DUTY to do everything in our power to make this world livable for our fellow humans...this includes appreciating our difference and respecting other's right to have different opinions. I do not intend to change anyone's beliefs/opinions - my goal is to help educate so that decisions/beliefs can be made/formed with a better understanding/knowledge of the world in which we live. I "preach" that knowledge is power and it is a journey. Along this journey, you WILL learn things that you never knew and sometimes this information will make you question everyone you've ever been taught. It is GOOD to question that which you have been taught! If we all believed everything that everyone told us, we'd be very confused! We might believe NOTHING, we might believe EVERYTHING, and we might not have a clue WHAT to believe!

I guess I'll step down from my soapbox now (LOL)!

On a side note: If you are wondering why I have the word "race" in quotations, it is because in reality, there is no such thing as race...it is a social construction created in order to label people and classify them. There is no scientific basis for/of "race", so I don't like to use that term - ethnicity is a much better term for the purposes of this discussion (of course, that’s JMHO).

sittem14 112 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-28-02, 08:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sittem14 Click to send private message to sittem14 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Sean Rector: A man much bigger than the rest"
I see the color of people's skin, and at certain times I am more aware of it than others. And, while I have often heard white people say they are colorblind, I have never heard an African American say that (after this I'll use AA for brevity) - in a sense, they can't afford to say it or believe it.

I believe that when white folks say it they are meaning to communicate that they don't have personal prejudice and they feel everyone is equal. While that may form the foundation of an appropriate belief system, our day to day actions don't really support the belief. (I am speaking here in broad generalizations and this is not intended as an attack or criticism of any particular person who posts here - I can't even think of anyone in particular I'd want to criticize or attack!) Every day all of us make personal decisions about where we live, what we watch on tv, who we associate with, where we attend church, where we attend school (at least college, but in a city like Chicago, even high school and grade school), where we spend our money, etc. Each one of those decisions is based in part on the basis of ethnicity. We tend to congregate and associate based upon our ethnicity. Few of us make the choice to attend a church or a school where we are in the minority ethnically. Few of us move into a neighborhood where we are in the minority (though, this is sometimes difficult for minorities outside of major metropolitan areas). Even what we watch on tv is influenced by ethnicity. The point is, if we were truly colorblind, then the neighborhoods most of us live in would look a whole lot different ethnically. These decisions are not all morally bankrupt because we they are partly based on ethnicity, but we need to stop denying that race/ethnicity have nothing at all to do with what we choose.

Ethnicity and color of skin make a huge difference in life in this country. AA's would never deny being aware of that fact because life is so profoundly affected by the color of their skin. An example - try this social experiement sometime when you are in a room with a lot of men and it's mixed racially (not likely to happen for most of us, but if you are and it's appropriate, try it.) Ask a question - has any man here been unjustly stopped by the police during your adult life? Emphasize the concept unjustly - you know you were absolutely innocent of anything - not that you were "only" 10 miles over the speed limit, but in fact under the speed limit, etc. Ask the whites to stand - maybe 10% will stand. Then, ask the people of color to stand. If it's like the groups I've been in, 90% or more will stand. So, in one of our major social constructs, we can see that color of skin matters just a little. It's also one reason that people of color can never fully forget who they are unless the context they are operating in is devoid of majorities. (Four years ago our AA pastor was arrested and brought to trial in northern Kentucky for two felony charges - his "crimes"? He was traveling through town, his wife dropped him off to make a call while she got some lunch, he went to sit on a park bench and wait for her and then politely refused to stand or show his ID when a white officer pulled up - he was arrested for assault and resisting arrest.)

One more thing before I close out on what invariably becomes long posts when the issue of race comes up. You can see white folks uncomfortability regarding race when Sean (getting back to this being a Survivor discussion thread) brings the issue up. White folks don't want to talk about race - it's like a dirty little secret that isn't discussed in polite company. I belive part of the reason for that is that we all hold our little biases and if we talk to long long on the topic those will tend to emerge. I don't mean to imply we are racists or strongly prejudiced, just to say as I did above that decisions we make every day are influenced by who we are and who "they" are. To admit that can tend to diminish ourselves in our own eyes and in "their" eyes. It just tends to be self protection to not want to discuss it.

I'm so thankful to Sean for bringing the issues up. He did more to get people thinking about it than some of our AA "icons", ie., Oprah, Tiger, Michael, Colin, etc. Someone else said something similar, but these are our "safe" AA's, the ones we can praise and feel good about and they know enough to keep quiet, for the most part, in mixed company about these issues. I'm rambling now. In that light, I was quiet amazed to see Bryant Gumbel and the weather guy on the Early Show talking to Sean the morning he was on. Someone asked Sean if more than two AA's would be cast on Survivor. Sean said - ain't gonna happen, and the two of them in a moment of acknowledgement of cultural understanding laughed and joked about how they knew it wouldn't happen. Now, if they'd gone on to discuss why that was so, that might have had the effect of educating us a little. OK - that's enough for now. I hope I said something intelligeable - just seems there's so much to say and not enough time or space.

05-28-02, 09:43 AM (EST)
25. "RE: Sean Rector: A man much bigger than the rest"
I just wanted to add that, while I didn't see the Early show (we only get the Today show on military tv stations overseas), I agree that it would have been great if they'd addressed the reason for their belief (which I also believe) about "no more than 2" AAs on Survivor. I personally think the network folks are too afraid of "what would happen" if more there were "too many black folks" on Survivor...same reason why Americans (in general) are afraid of the thought of a Black President. I have heard so many people say "oh, if we had a black president ______would change". Sometimes I think people seem to forget that a President does not have complete power over what happens in our country!

On the same note, my husband and I always in disagreement about whether the U.S. will elect a Black Predient or a female President first. My husband says female, I say Black. My thoughts are as follows:

1. AAs will, more than likely, chose to vote for a Black president - regardless of political affiliation - because they'll be inclined to feel that he'll still have their interests in mind more than the average white guy running for President (my husband DOES agree with me on this point) would. For example, someone like Colin Powell would have a pretty good chance - the fact that he is a Republican AND AA means there's likely to be a broad spectrum of people who would not mind having him in the oval office (Black Democrats & Republicans will feel "connected" to him at least on some level). Almost all AAs (on some level) have a feeling of cultural connectedness - whether it be as a result of familial upbringing, learning about slavery, or a combination of dozens of things. This cultural connectedness typically crosses political lines and I think AAs would at least feel "safe" with an AA President (my husband also agrees with this point).

2. Women have certain biological differences that a graet number of men believe are "constricting" when it comes to runnging a country. Motherhood, PMS/menopause, pregnancy/breastfeeding (all of which are possible given the age that a Presidential candidate could be). One might wonder "what happens if we're in the middle of a national crisis and our President is off giving birth"? The female governor who gave brith to twins not too long ago got much of the same criticism, so I can only imagine what questions/concerns people would have about a female running for President! I think women are less likely to vote for someone just because she's a woman (as opposed to an AA or other person of color voting for someone of the same ethnicity). That's just a personal belief. THis is where my husband disagrees with me. He thinks that a woman has a better shot at becoming President because she would still be in the ethnic majority in the U.S. and a Republican female OR Democratic female (Or any other party) would still appeal to a wider range of people than an AA candidate.

Anyway to get back to Survivor (is that was this forum is for? - LOL)...I thank all of you for these discussions about Sean. I am very glad that he has enlightened so many people (especially non-black people). I agree than since he is an "average guy" people can say "hey, I know what he's talking about - I've been there" (as opposed to "icons" such as Oprah, MJ, etc.).

Also, sittem, I totally agree with you about the notion that white folks tend to fear the "race" discussion. It makes a lot of white folks uncomfortable, I think, because they fear being thought of as "racist" AND at the same time, fear acknowledging that racial injustices DO exist.

Anyway, thanks for opening up this discussion and thanks to everyone who has replied. I hope more people will reply to this thread and will hopefully read some of the discussions and ideas that have been posted here.

05-28-02, 05:02 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Sean Rector: A man much bigger than the rest"
I want to thank everyone, so far, who have taken the time to answer my question thoroughly. I really appreciate it a lot. I love the different views people have and why they think that way.
For me, "race" or ethnicity can be relevant. Personally, I see color because we are different. But, I don't treat people differently because they are black, hispanic, etc. I treat people the way I want to be treated. I have friends of different color and I treat them equally like all of you. The thing is, in our society, race is still a big issue with murder and robbery crimes happening every day. I just don't get it! Why do people have to be so mean? Why can't we all get along? Is there an answer to this? If you have an answer, I would love to read it. Post it and I will see it. Thanks again, Survivor Steve

Survivorchick 1161 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-28-02, 05:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Survivorchick Click to send private message to Survivorchick Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Sean Rector: A man much bigger than the rest"
Although I agree with everything that has been said here in regards to race being visible, I want to add that there have been instances when I have forgotten that someone is of a different race than I am. Perhaps it is because I live in Canada where multiculturalism is valued and there is less of a black/white cultural split. It happens to me every once in awhile that someone will say something to me and I'll think "Oh yeah, you're Chinese" or whatever. I mean, duh! To look at them it's obvious, right. But I understand what people mean when they say that they don't see colour. When you get to know the someone inside, race just fades into the background. My friend literally said something last week about her brother having this huge afro and it suddenly occured to me that she's black. I knew that - but I had kind of forgotten, you know?

sittem 4186 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

05-29-02, 10:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sittem Click to send private message to sittem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Sean Rector: A man much bigger than the rest"
A couple of quick (I hope - got much work to do today) comments.

First - SC - I understand what you are saying. When you become very comfortable in an environment or with someone you will tend to forget or put into the background your differences. My tendancy is to sublimate the fact I am white in many settings as most of my life is lived in an AA community. However, I want to be careful to acknowledge the fact that we inevitably have different backgrounds/understandings about many things. If I don't, then I can tend to be insensitive because I make assumptions that people are like me and my understandings. Does that make sense? I don't want AAs to ignore/deny their cultural background for my comfort. From a majority standpoint it's very easy to slip into that mindset.

KM - AA or female president? Wow - tough call. I don't think AA president is that easy, esp. Colin Powell. The depth of anti-republican feeling in my community is extremely strong. In the precinct that voted in our facility in 2000, Gore beat Bush by 425 to 13. That's beyond personal feelings - that's lockstep politics. Now, democrats are very strongly entrenched in Chicago, but I suspect that other large cities are the same when it comes to voting trends. I actually thought Bush's faith based initiative would get some play in the AA community - after all, the most meaningful social services are delivered by the AA church in urban areas and his initiative had promise of providing some help - at least in how to leverage support if not direct governmental dollars (I saw it more coming from foundations that tend to be scared of faith based orgs because somehow it's unconstitutional - what a load of crap!!). Opps, I'm getting myself started. Stop. Take a breath.

Anyway, if it's an AA democrat I see almost 100% support. If it's Powell or another Repub, I'm not so sure. Maybe a majority in the AA community, but not an overwhelming one. I agree with AA bonds, but fear of Repubs goes very deeply in Chicago. It'd be interesting.

Female? I think we'll see a vice president in the next 10 years, but it'll be longer for a president. I think Hillary will try, but I don't think she will get a nomination and I doubt she'd take VP - she's already had more power than that in the White House. I do think that women overall are more entrenched in their political stance than AA's would be if one of their own ran. I guess I'm saying fewer women would switch parties to support "their" candidate. On the other hand, the female vote is probably 4 times as large as the AA vote, so a small swing there could be more meaningful.

Great to contemplate, but what a tough call. Rather than Powell, I think someone a little younger with a moderate political standing is more likely to get elected - whether dem or repub. How's that for taking a strong stand!! I love politics, but my strength of understanding is more local than national. The most important political reality for me is currying the favor of my alderman for what we do in the community.

toddE 1433 desperate attention whore postings

05-29-02, 12:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail toddE Click to send private message to toddE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Sean Rector: A man much bigger than the rest"
I thought I'd reply because I'm also a token whitey in an AA (and latino) neighborhood, but in LA. I agree many AAs woudn't vote for Powell, that anti-Republican feeling goes deeper than race. And that's not necessarily a bad thing. I, personally, will drop dead before ever voting for any Republican candidate for any office whatsoever, as the party beliefs are just totally contrary to what I am/believe in/stand for/whatever.

I agree that it is time for a new generation of African-American leaders to step up. The Black political structure in LA is all dominated by old-school dinosaurs, and as a result, AA influence in Los Angeles is ebbing. On the other hand, the Latinos have more forward-thinking, younger leaders emerging. For example, in last year's mayoral race, there were two strong Latino candidates, but no African-Americans. And my councilman is an old AA who has had so many harassment suits against him, etc, and really blows, but the people who vote are elderly AA, and so goes our district.

A woman veep probably soonish, but for President? I doubt it for a long time. Look how much many people hate Hillary, and I think it's primarily because she's a strong woman.

05-29-02, 04:54 PM (EST)
30. "RE: Sean Rector: A man much bigger than the rest"
Let me just throw in another question or two...My first question is: What survivor would you most like meet and to sit down with to lunch? Also, what would you ask them and why? My second question is: If you were to meet Jeff Probst, what kind of questions would you askk him? I would like to see how people respond and if there are any similarities. Thanks, God Bless

sittem 4186 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

05-29-02, 05:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sittem Click to send private message to sittem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Sean Rector: A man much bigger than the rest"
Without a doubt, I'd like to meet Vee. I'd like to explore with her issues of her faith and how that played into the game. I'd also like to know what strategies overall she was using during the game.

I'd also like to meet Sean. I'd like to know more about his background, where he teaches and compare notes with the school we have here in Chicago (220 elementary students - college prep program) and if he'd like to teach here!! We could always use more male teachers. I'd also like to invite both he and Vee to a church service here.

Jeff Probst - absolutely no interest in meeting or talking. We have nothing in common other than that we are males - and I expect his interests are a lot different than mine.

05-30-02, 11:52 AM (EST)
32. "RE: Sean Rector: A man much bigger than the rest"
I like your reasoning....although, I am sure you have more in common with Jeff Probst than you relize. YOU ARE BOTH SURVIVOR FANS FOR ONE AND I AM SURE THERE ARE OTHERS! Well, thanks for posting and I hope people will continue on this thread.

Survivor Freak 1987 47 desperate attention whore postings

05-30-02, 04:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Survivor%20Freak%201987 Click to send private message to Survivor%20Freak%201987 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Sean Rector: A man much bigger than the rest"
I tottaly agree. Me and my mom sat here every thursday night and watched the episodes and we loved Sean. All of our friends hated him, and we couldn't figur eout why. I guess people just take what they see and don't really try to see the real person.

05-30-02, 06:17 PM (EST)
34. "RE: Sean Rector: A man much bigger than the rest"
Me and my mom sat here every thursday night and watched the episodes and we loved Sean.

Hey Survivor Freak, I just wanted to say that I think it's awesome that you watch Survivor with your mom. When I was in high school (not too long ago), I watched every episode of S1 and S2 with MommaJeffGator. For S3 and S4 I actually drove home on many occasions to Jacksonville, FL (about an hour and a half away) to watch it with her. Most of the times though for S3 and S4 my roommates and I threw Survivor parties on Thursday nights, but I would always call my mom before, during, and after the show to talk about what had happened . I am a momma's boy, I'm proud to say. She's my best friend, and a huge survivor fan. Keep being good to your momma! Every girl I've dated always says "You can tell how a guy will treat you by the way he treats his mother."

Teddy_Bear 1675 desperate attention whore postings

05-30-02, 06:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Teddy_Bear Click to send private message to Teddy_Bear Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Venus vs. Mars, Debunked"
>Every girl I've dated always says "You can tell how a guy will treat you by the way he treats his mother."<

And every girl who told you that is bang on. If a guy respects his mother, he will respect all women; the reverse is also true.

This also applies to women as well. Women who have trouble relating to their fathers will have trouble relating to most men.

I had a wonderful relationship with my beloved late father; so I relate to men as people as opposed to the opposite sex.

I've never bought into that whole Mars/Venus crap; while I'm aware as a woman I have had different experiences and different issues than a man; I believe I might have far more in common with certain men than certain women.

I have read tons of books on the subject, and a lot of people might disagree with me, but my experiences, by and large run contrary to what those books are trying to instill in me.

We all, regardless of ethnicity, gender, seual orientation, religious belief--or lack there of, have some basic things in common.

We all need to feel loved, cared for, respected, and to belong.
We are all vunerable to having our feelings hurt, etc.

The point is we all share a basic humanity; this doesn't negate diffences, but if one can at least make the attempt to place themselves in another's position;

they may never know what the other has experienced, but they just might understand it a whole lot better.

Sean again is a perfect model for this; I will never know what is like to be an african-american male, but that doesn't mean that I can't try to imagine what he must have experienced.

From this perspective, although I see him as being different--for obvious reasons; I also see him as being the same.

He is simply coming from a very different place than me, but that doesn't mean I can't try to see exactly where he's coming from.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

It's all in the editing.

It is not necessary to accept everything as true, one must only accept it as necessary.
|
Light a Virtual Candle
Eleanor Roosevelt: No one can make YOU feel inferior without YOUR consent!

06-01-02, 05:22 PM (EST)
36. "RE: Survivors"
Hello, I want to know if anyone has any contact information for survivors. I would like to get more autographed pictures and responses from contestants. I have received one response and a picture but I am hoping to get a lot more. Please help me and the Survivor community. Thanks so much! Steve

06-01-02, 05:26 PM (EST)
37. "RE: Survivors"
some survivors have websites where you can chat with them through posting, just like we do here at SBlows. some have websites that tell their email or even mailing addresses. It all depends on the survivor. which ones are you a fan of?

06-01-02, 05:30 PM (EST)
38. "RE: Survivors"
Gina, Neleh, Sean, Paschal, Vee, Kathy, Tammy, Robert 'The General.' Those are my most favorites.

06-01-02, 05:43 PM (EST)
39. "RE: Survivors"
JeffGator, Could you please list some of their websites and addresses because I am the worst at finding things on the web. I ran into Tammy's information somehow and that is how I got a response from her. She is so SWEET! I need to meet her in person because no survivor has ever done that for me...I sent a letter to Kim P (my sweetheart)who lives an hour from me and she never sent anything back. Thanks, 'Steve The Survivor'

06-01-02, 06:55 PM (EST)
40. "RE: Survivors"
Here are some website you should check out Steve--
http://www.survivorfoxes.com/index.htm
http://www.nelehdennis.com
http://www.tammyleitner.com/
http://www.ginacrews.com
http://www.survivorfoxes.com/TammyLeitner/
http://www.survivorfoxes.com/KathyOBrien/
http://www.survivorfoxes.com/GinaCrews/
http://www.survivorfoxes.com/NelehDennis/

I emailed you where you can write a couple of the contestants.

06-01-02, 07:36 PM (EST)
41. "RE: Survivors"
JeffGator,
My email address has changed to WooleyBear@comcast.net! I think you might have sent the addresses of contestants to BAREWOOLEY@aol.com so please check that out. Thanks for everything and I should have notified you sooner about my email change. Sry about that, I forgot.

06-01-02, 07:48 PM (EST)
42. "RE: Survivors"
Ok Steve, I sent it to the WooleyBear address. Let me know if you don't get it. good luck!
--jeff

icequeen570 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

06-01-02, 08:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail icequeen570 Click to send private message to icequeen570 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
43. "Thank you."
Sean deserves his own tribute. He's an inspirational, intelligent, and passionate person and I can only wish he was my teacher. Love ya, Sean!

06-02-02, 05:10 PM (EST)
44. "RE: Survivor pictures"
I want to know if anybody has any really good pictures of Tammy. They can be from the show or reunion. I would love to put one of the background of my computer. If you have a really good pic of any other Survivor(s), please post it here so I can copy and paste. Please help me, Thanks. God Bless You All, Steve
P.S. Does anyone have contact info. for Kim Powers, my sweetheart? I sent a letter to some address someone told me but I never got a response.

06-02-02, 08:09 PM (EST)
45. "RE: Survivor pictures"
Steve--I emailed you Kim P's mailing address where fans write her at. Did you get it? The only survivor I have written is Lex, but it was really cool because he sent me back an autographed picture of himself and a cool long letter. I plan on writing to Gina; maybe even sending her a copy of our picture

Here are some Tammy pics for you as well as some other people i know you like. good luck buddy

06-03-02, 02:37 PM (EST)
46. "RE: Survivor pictures"
JeffGator, I didn't get it. Remember my email address is WooleyBear@comcast.net! If you sent it to that one then I don't know what to do. Thanks for the pictures! I appreciate that. Bye

Dianetic 618 desperate attention whore postings

06-05-02, 04:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dianetic Click to send private message to Dianetic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
47. "Go Sean"
Sean was a much better liked person than we were shown. I'm sure he' a great stand-up kind of guy and when he went out he didn't do any crabbing like Hunter did (neither did the Robfather).
I hope he does well.

06-06-02, 10:20 AM (EST)
48. "RE: Go Sean"
I think Sean is a real example for all of us in that we should live each day to the fullest. We should take every oppurtunity to help ourselves and the people around us!

06-06-02, 12:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail toddE Click to send private message to toddE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
49. "RE: Sean Rector: A man much bigger than the rest"
Just FYI, Sean works at John Muir Middle School on Vermont Avenue in Los Angeles, you can find the exact address on the web and write to him there, if you want. But hurry, because school ends in a couple weeks and he is moving back to NYC to pursue his acting career there.

06-07-02, 12:33 PM (EST)
50. "RE: Sean Rector: A man much bigger than the rest"
Thanks for the info. toddE! I may choose to write to him but I have a lot of things going on right now. I am hoping I can write to him in the next week. Where can I find the exact address? mapquest.com? I will check there...Thanks again, Steve
P.S. If anyone else has any info. on survivor or mole contestants please post it here so everyone can enjoy! Thanks

06-07-02, 12:46 PM (EST)
51. "RE: Sean Rector: A man much bigger than the rest"
Does anyone know the zipcode for Sean's school? I got this address for the John Muir Middle School:
5929 S Vermont Ave. Los Angeles, CA

06-07-02, 03:47 PM (EST)
52. "RE: Sean Rector: A man much bigger than the rest"

06-09-02, 04:07 PM (EST)
53. "RE: Sean Rector: A man much bigger than the rest"
Thanks so much, ToddE! I will write him tonight!

06-10-02, 09:19 PM (EST)
54. "RE: Sean Rector: A man much bigger than the rest"
Hey, does anyone have any contact information for Kelly Goldsmith (S3), Lex Van Den Berghe (S3), Clarence Black (S3), or Lindsey Richter? please post! Thanks.

06-23-02, 07:40 PM (EST)
55. "RE: Sean Rector: A man much bigger than the rest"
Hello, I want to know everyone's opinion on how the show can change for the best...such as elements, location, amount of supplies, etc. Thanks

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •