The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Oh, great... (More "Passion" Controversy)"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

DSpunk 3270 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-29-04, 07:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DSpunk Click to send private message to DSpunk Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Oh, great... (More "Passion" Controversy)"
Read this, and tell me what you think...

*I* think their reasoning is deplorable and sad... but that's just me.

Sliced.
2 Corinthians 4: 7-15

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Oh, great... (More "Passion" Co... bebekid 03-29-04 1
   RE: Oh, great... (More "Passion" Co... TechNoir 03-29-04 2
       RE: Oh, great... (More "Passion" Co... DSpunk 03-29-04 4
       RE: Oh, great... (More "Passion" Co... bebekid 03-29-04 5
           RE: Oh, great... (More "Passion" Co... Esbea 03-29-04 7
               You're right, Esbea. bebekid 03-29-04 9
       RE: Oh, great... (More "Passion" Co... blacknwhitedog 03-29-04 10
 RE: Oh, great... (More "Passion" Co... KeithFan 03-29-04 3
   RE: Oh, great... (More "Passion" Co... DSpunk 03-29-04 6
 RE: Oh, great... (More "Passion" Co... bondt007 03-29-04 8
 As many of my posse know.... wandacal 03-30-04 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

bebekid 1621 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

03-29-04, 08:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bebekid Click to send private message to bebekid Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Oh, great... (More "Passion" Controversy)"
I just wanted to take this opportunity to point out that "The Passion" has grossed over 300 million dollars, and is now ranked #13 on the top domestic grossing movies of all time:

http://boxofficemojo.com/alltime/domestic.htm

With Holy Week coming up, I think it's safe to say that it will break into the top 10. My husband and I plan to see it again next week, to prepare us for Resurrection Sunday (Easter).

I think this movie's success has exceeded everyone's expectations!

TechNoir 9741 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-29-04, 08:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TechNoir Click to send private message to TechNoir Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Oh, great... (More "Passion" Controversy)"
To whom is Mr. Gibson donating the profits?

03-29-04, 08:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DSpunk Click to send private message to DSpunk Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Oh, great... (More "Passion" Controversy)"
I have the same question, Tech. Appealing to faith communities' desire for a biblically accurate portrayal is one thing... Making more than a "fair" profit seems a little contrary to the message put forth by the movie... namely, give without reservation.

I'm hoping that Gibson is actually donating a bunch of money to worthy causes, and yet, in the spirit of one gospel maxim, is not letting his left hand know what his right is doing. (This is a metaphor for keeping one's good works secret, lest they be source of pride.)

03-29-04, 08:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bebekid Click to send private message to bebekid Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Oh, great... (More "Passion" Controversy)"
I would expect that Mel would tithe on the gross amount of the profits to the Roman Catholic church. Beyond that, I do not know.

Esbea 7377 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-04, 09:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Esbea Click to send private message to Esbea Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Oh, great... (More "Passion" Controversy)"
doesnt he belong to some conservative branch of the Catholic church? The name is escaping me, but I dont think its Roman Catholic.

The louder he talked of his honour, the faster we counted our spoons.

03-29-04, 09:29 PM (EST)
9. "You're right, Esbea."
I found an article that said Mel's church is an ultraconservative branch of the Catholic church called "Traditionalism". So I would expect him to tithe to his church, and give offerings over and above the tithe to charities of his choice.

blacknwhitedog 6532 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-04, 09:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail blacknwhitedog Click to send private message to blacknwhitedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Oh, great... (More "Passion" Controversy)"
Mel Gibson used his own money to produce a piece of "entertainment". Why should he have to donate the profits to anyone?

But anyway, I read (I think in People-sorry I don't have the exact source right now) that he quietly donated $1.5 million to those conjoined twins from the Philipines towards their medical expenses.

I expect he would use the rest of his profits to finance more movie projects.

KeithFan 7422 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-04, 08:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KeithFan Click to send private message to KeithFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Oh, great... (More "Passion" Controversy)"
I agree it is sad! HERE is a good result of the movie!

03-29-04, 08:59 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Oh, great... (More "Passion" Controversy)"
Definitely... that awesome!

bondt007 3413 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-04, 09:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bondt007 Click to send private message to bondt007 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Oh, great... (More "Passion" Controversy)"

This is a good movie with a great message - the greatest love story of all time - no Jew hating or fighting came of it as the DAW media tried to whip up. This type of thing, and the reporting of it: more DAW!

wandacal 4018 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

03-30-04, 03:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail wandacal Click to send private message to wandacal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "As many of my posse know...."
I saw this film last Friday. I am a Christian, (specifically, baptized Lutheran), and was born and raised in N.Y.C. I have many Jewish friends, mostly by race, a few by religion. (To be specific, 3 Orthodox Jewish.) I spoke to 2 of my Orthodox Jewish friends Sunday night, and they also saw this movie. Not meaning to bore you all with these details; however, I did want to show that I had opinions from all over the place.
I was moved and over-whelmed BEYOND words over this film. I never and still do not blame the Jewish people for Christ's death. My Jewish friends do not take responsibility for Christ's death. This was prophesized. (sp?) Jesus of Nazareth had to die on the cross in order to open up the Gates of Heaven. The beatings? The floggings? The affixing of the crown of thorns? The march towards Gethesda, (again, sp.?)? The actual crucifixtion? All this was due to the cowardice/politics of Pontius Pilate and King Herod, ignited by the hypocrisy of the Pharisees.
OK. Now that many of you are now pissed off at me, (since I have pretty much tended to stay quiet on all things controversial till now), let me say that in my own naive fashion, I see this film as a way of over-coming and understanding SO many differences. I left this movie with not only an even greater loving of my Lord Jesus Christ and His Blessed God our Father; but, also, a greater love of all human-kind.
Misto, and many of us, recently shared our differing thoughts on Easter on a previous thread. The underlying message, I believe, was this:
We all have varying beliefs, thoughts and traditions. In the end, they're ALL good... as long as we respect one another and maintain our faith in whom we believe in. If I may:
God bless you all in what we hold dear to our hearts.

Wanda

Praise JSlice!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •