The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Who's looking good for the final 2?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

GG 142 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-08-01, 04:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail GG Click to send private message to GG Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Who's looking good for the final 2?"
LAST EDITED ON 04-08-01 AT 05:01 PM (EST)

There are now 15 possible permutations for the final two:

1)Rodger/Liz
2)Amber/Rodger
3)Amber/Liz
4)Colby/Amber
5)Colby/Rodger
6)Colby/Liz
7)Tina/Colby
8)Tina/Amber
9)Tina/Rodger
10)Tina/Liz
11)Keith/Tina
12)Keith/Colby
13)Keith/Amber
14)Keith/Rodger
15)Keith/Liz

Since the total combos are not too many to be overbearing but not to few to make for an easy/lucky guess, I thought it would be fun to find out if our collective thinking is actually pointing us towards a likely final two.

Let me explain. Everyone has their own theories about the winner and how we envisage the jury voting. That of course depends on who the other finalist is to begin with. There are too many variables involved though for us to produce something tangible. But we can reach a consensus by compiling a 'hitlist' of the most popular TOP 2 picks. Remember, we may have a different take on what happens in the in the leadup to the game's climax, but that notwithstanding, we could arrive at a similar outcome - sort of 'different journey but same destination'.

I realize that many of you have already posted your final 2 as part of Superman's PTTE, in which case I apolgize if you feel this is a duplicate thread. It's just that I feel that honing in on the endgame gives us a weekly retrospective reference for debate as well as specificity. So if you can stand another voting forum, I invite you to post your choice, comments and/or reasoning. A convenient format would be to put your pick in the subject line using the numbered list above as reference. If you like, you can also post an alternate pick by placing them in brackets/parentheses.

e.g. Amber/Liz first choice. Amber/Tina second choice. In the subject line you would put: #4(#8).

P.S. I suspect that we can write off several of the possible final two already.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 #3 (#10) Lightmage81 04-08-01 1
   RE: #3 (#10) Thinking 04-08-01 2
       RE: #3 (#10) kreon 04-09-01 3
 RE: Who's looking good for the fina... Conspiracy Jim 04-10-01 4
   RE: Who's looking good for the fina... SurvivinDawg 04-10-01 5
   RE: Who's looking good for the fina... idiotcowboy 04-10-01 6
       RE: Who's looking good for the fina... ACPS65 04-10-01 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Lightmage81 225 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-08-01, 10:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lightmage81 Click to send private message to Lightmage81 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "#3 (#10)"
I'm buying the source code spoiler.......

(I know its lame......... but.......)

Thinking 104 desperate attention whore postings

04-08-01, 10:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Thinking Click to send private message to Thinking Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: #3 (#10)"
LAST EDITED ON 04-08-01 AT 10:57 PM (EST)

It is lame, but it's so obvious, maybe it's true. I just noticed another obvious thing the other day that reinforces the Liz/Amber duo.

Every week, the Early Show posts a "scorecard" showing the faces of the Barramundi Tribe. The order of pictures shows Lis, then Amber, in the top left positions.

The rest of them happen to be in the same order as that RyanBBB (sp?) spoiler. And the bottom row is in the order of the people booted, starting on the right of the bottom row with Jeff (then Alicia, then Jerry, then Nick). Every time Bryant and Co. interviews a bootee, they put a yellow cross on their photo, right in line next to previous crossed-out bootees.

I haven't saved my copies of Early Show interviews--can anyone see if the pictures since Jeff have remained in the same order, or are they being rotated?

If the remaining pics change in subsequent interviews, obviously this means nothing. But if it DOES mean something, the next bootee is Colby. The remaining players, on the top row, are in this order, left to right:

Elizabeth Amber Rodger Keith Tina

I can see Elizabeth being forced to write down Rodger's name to put her in the final two with Amber--what drama that would be! And it was foreshadowed way back in Ep. 2.

Sorry for being long-winded. I didn't feel this observation deserved its own thread, since most likely it will be disproven by next week. (Can you imagine them being so obvious?!? Then again, maybe some guest-scheduling lackey at the Early Show was clueless, and put the pics in the order the interviewees would be showing up).

How about the sourcecode spoiler? Has it been altered since it came to light?

kreon 30 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-09-01, 10:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kreon Click to send private message to kreon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: #3 (#10)"
I have a hard time supporting a guess based on Source Codes and television promo's like the early edition theory. How would anyone but those affiliated with the Survivor II production know who the winner is? this thought is supported by that lame Gervase X theory! Why in hell would a webmaster be given advance notice of the winner and second place individuals when part of the game is keeping the winner a secret until the last episode? I really thought that once the Gervase X theory was destroyed ( and boy did that dude look like an idiot) that there would never be a guess as to who the winner was, based on anything allegedly "hidden" on a website or seen on a TV promo! If by chance the final 2 are Liz and Amber then it is pure luck! In fact as it stands MB pretty much tells us unless he flat out lied, that the winner is the sweetest player and the end result is the complete opposite of last year. Thats pretty telling if it is true, and I think it is, because there was a lot of flack about seeing Rich actually nab the prize! The good guy winning is a benefit to MB and CBS for another Survivor show! Having the so called evil coniving one win all the time will eventually be a turn off to the viewers! Not a good thing for CBS to keep. So this time around I believe it is Liz the sweet one who overwhelmingly takes the prize! Score one for the good guy!

Conspiracy Jim 198 desperate attention whore postings

04-10-01, 01:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Conspiracy%20Jim Click to send private message to Conspiracy%20Jim Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Who's looking good for the final 2?"
I agree that at this point there are some of the final 2 combos that could be discounted, and we should take a look. There are four pieces of evidence that we have that really help here. All are circumstantial but together they may mean something...

1. ALicia's comment about "Go Kucha". Now many have said this shows team spirit in that she was a Kucha alot longer that a Baramundi, but for all intents and purposes... Kucha is dead, and she was there to see that... Also, most of us discounted the comment when Ogakor was in the position to just vote off Kucha one at a time, but now?. We all thought that the odds were very low of the chance that a Kucha could make final 2. Now, after Jerri's departure...the odds are almost even.

- This lends support towards the possibility of a Kucha being in the final 2.

2. The Mitchell/Nick/Colby sighting in Las Vegas. The question was asked about where they went after getting the boot. Colby responded by saying he (pointing at Mitchell) got to stay at a hotel but we (meaning himself and Nick) had to stay at the lodge. Or something like that.

- The lends support to Colby getting the boot prior to final 2.

3. The SeeBS Red Herring in which Liz and Amber were missing from the web page. Now almost none of us believe this to be the true final 2 but...

- This lends support to each of them making final 4 since it would be a great waste to set this type of fake up just to have it turn out wrong just 2-3 weeks later. Now if they are part of the final 4 then people will start to think that the SeeBS Red Herring was an actual screw-up... Don't believe it.

4. Jerri's comment regarding paybacks at final council. Now this is probably the best spoiler evidence that we have right now. I don't believ that Jerri is smart enough (whether she's an actress or not) to make that comment up if it didn't mean something. It comes down to who would she want payback against...

1. Obviously Kieth would be the number one person for her to get payback from.
2. Colby backstabbed her when she got the boot so she would have an axe to grind with him.
3. Same goes for Tina. Jerri should be smart enough to realize, at a minimum, that Tina/Kieth and Kucha voted against her.

Now of course she expected Kucha to vote against her. She wouldn't hold that against them. But her own teammates, excluding Amber, lied to her and double crossed her before she could double cross them. Now this she would want revenge for.

So... That lends support to one of the final 2 being either...
- Kieth
- Colby or
- Tina

That would mean that one of these three would have to be the other final 2 peron...
- Amber
- Liz or
- Roger

So, if the above were true then the only possibilities of final 2 are...

Colby/Liz
Colby/Roger
Colby/Amber
Kieth/Liz
Kieth/Roger
Kieth/Amber
Tina/Liz
Tina/Roger
Tina/Amber

That means that we have gotten the 15 possible final 2's down to a possible 9.

If we truly believe that Amber and Liz make final 4 (at least) due to the SeeBS Red Herring (screw-up) then the following scenerios must have happened...

1. Amber is convinced to join with Liz and Roger. All three make final 4 with the fourth being either Colby/Kieth or Tina. If this scenerio played out them either Amber or the other Ogakor would be the first to get the boot leaving a final 3 of Liz/Roger and C/K/T or A. Of course if the last Ogakorian (not including Amber) is Tina then tie breakers change. In this scenerio a Kucha or Amber makes final 2. Also this would mean (if we believe Jerri's payback comment) that the sole remaining Ogakorian (not including Amber) is the other member of the final 2. Still down to 9 possibilities...

2. Amber sticks with Ogakor and they vote off either Roger or Liz. Liz is the more likely candidate to get the boot (barring the SeeBS Red Herring) as she is the more proactive Kucharian left. At that point either T and K turn on Colby or the sole remaining Kucha wins immunity. Then that last Kucha would have to keep winning the next three immunities. This is highly unlikely but would result in the same 9 possibilities.

3. The reall alliance is, as I currently believe, Tina/Kieth and Roger/Liz. That would mean that either Amber or Colby goes this week. Once down to final 4 it would all depend on who wins the first immunity. Liz has two votes against her from previous councils, and Kieth has I believe three. Roger and Tina have none. At this point, unless Amber won the Episode 12 immunity and Colby went this week, the SeeBS Red Herring would be proven false. If it ws down to K/T/L and R then the final three would depent on immunity. If Kieth won then Liz would go as she would be the loser of the tie breaker. If Liz won then Kieth would go as he would be the loser of the tie breaker. Once down to final three it would again all depend on the immunity and who the other would want to be against in the final 3. If Kieth won the final 2 immunities would he pick Tina or Roger? If we say Tina then likely he doesn't win it as the evidence points at a Kucha or Amber being final 2. If Tina won, would she want to be against Kieth or R/L? Likely Kieth as he has pissed off many people with his arrogance (not taking backpack to council, etc). Again, the evidence points at a Kucha or Amber being final 2. So... if the Episode 13 immunity challenge is the canoe then likely a man wins it (sorry ladies, it's just the way things are - don't be mad at me). (Even Kelly Wigglesnort who taught people how to canoe couldn't beat Gervase who barely knew how to paddle - it's upper body strengh and as such is kinda an unfair challenge for the women). I would bet on Kieth or Colby winning this so it is likely final 4 (episode 13) and Kieth wins it. Liz would get the boot if this was all true. Now would Kieth want to be up against Tina in the final 2 or Roger? Now of course Jerri's payback could have been specifically against Kieth.

Now I never thought of this one. The final 2 could be Kieth and Tina. Alicia's "Go Kucha" comment could have been that Liz or Roger makes it to the final 4 and/or 3. Jerri would vote against Kieth and give it to Tina. So... Sorry I ended up adding another possibility here so we are actually down to 10...

If it is Tina versus Kieth then...

Jerri: Tina
Colby: Tina likely but could go either way
Amber: Tina likely
Liz: Tina
Roger: Tina
Nick: Definitely Tina
Alicia: ?

So, it this situation Tina is the big winner. Lets look at the others...

Colby/Liz = Liz
Colby/Roger = Roger
Colby/Amber = Depends on what happens between now and then
Kieth/Liz = Liz
Kieth/Roger = Roger
Kieth/Amber = Amber
Tina/Liz = Liz (as Kucha would vote Liz as would Jerri & Amber)
Tina/Roger = ?
Tina/Amber = ?

So, if we believe the Las Vegas story to mean that COlby goes within the next three immunities then...

Liz, Tina, Amber or Roger wins it.

If we also believe the ALicia "Go Kucha" and Jeff Probst's Liz kicks butt comments to mean more than most currently think then...

Roger, Tina or Liz win it.

Also if we then believe that the Red Herring from the CBS site is totally wrong then either...

Roger or Tina win it.

Hope this helps. At the very least it got things down to a possible 10 combos for final 2. Logically.

Conspiracy Jim
"Ya, sure we went to the moon"!!!

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-10-01, 05:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Who's looking good for the final 2?"
LAST EDITED ON 04-10-01 AT 05:10 PM (EST)

Wow, all that analysis on just the final two! I'm tired from just READING it all.

I am going to say about the Source Code Theory: If it's proved wrong, then I'll disbelieve it. Until then, I'm keeping it in the back of my mind, even if it is a herring. And I agree with you, if it IS a herring then that would mean Amber and Lis must go to some depth.

But I think we can arrive at a Lis/Amber final two without mention of a Source Code Theory. There's the "all-Female finale" and nude sunbathing spoiler/rumor I heard some time ago. There are those pictures (opening credits, etc.), there is the fact that Lis and Amber are not being talked about much, etc.

Other final twos are, of course, possible at this time, but I think we can really root it down to just a few possibilites. For example, I just plain don't see Colby in the Final Two unless he wins virtually every IC from here on out. Ditto Rodger.

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

"I've never been bored a day in my life. Only boring people get bored." -- Jerri Manthey

idiotcowboy 1135 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-10-01, 07:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail idiotcowboy Click to send private message to idiotcowboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Who's looking good for the final 2?"
CJ-

Couple of points... I think you're really down to eight as I don't see Jerri blaming Colby for her demise (or anything else)... even AFTER she saw the show, in exit interviews she goes out of her way to trash Keith... say pretty nasty things about Tina... but she's always very tempered in her comments about Colby. In my opinion she's working under some form of sexual delusion and is STILL in denial that Colby wouldn't be just lusting after her... like she was/is for him. If that's true your 8 combos would be:
Keith/Amber
Keith/Colby
Keith/Lis
Keith/Rodger
Tina/Amber
Tina/Colby
Tina/Rodger
Tina/Amber

Throw out Colby because of the Vegas comments and you're down to six. (BTW- I wouldn't discount Colby just yet... I remember listening to the comments from the radio show and the "We went to the ranch" comments were made by either Colby OR Nick the girl didn't remember... to me it makes a huge difference if Colby made the comments or if Nick did... although it should also be pointed out that they ALL spent some time at the ranch together in post production.)

Finally your Keith/Tina final would be interesting if only to settle the score on who Jerri hates the most... either way it would really tick her off to vote for either one... why am I kinda hoping for it...

-ICB

ACPS65 240 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-10-01, 08:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ACPS65 Click to send private message to ACPS65 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Who's looking good for the final 2?"
Keith / Amber.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •