The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"How does your garden grow?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

moonbaby 17120 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-28-04, 05:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"How does your garden grow?"
First weekend here of warmer weather-so....did you plant anything yet? I don't use the yard here, but I do plant sunflowers by my entrance and I clipped back the dead looking parts of the roses that I potted last year-amazingly enough the plant is budding after this terrible winter! I also planted spearmint seeds indoors-wish me luck with seedlings. The mint plants on the herb table at the nursery were picked clean. Everyone must be looking forward to those summertime mojitos!

almost bought some catnip

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Planting time in Canniba... IceCat 03-28-04 1
   DOOOOOD! moonbaby 03-28-04 3
       RE: DOOOOOD! Jims02 03-29-04 18
 RE: How does your garden grow? minitroll 03-28-04 2
 I'll get back to ya... northernlights 03-28-04 4
 RE: How does your garden grow? Mizz Eve 03-29-04 5
 RE: How does your garden grow? Lost Scottsman 03-29-04 6
   RE: How does your garden grow? LeftPinky 03-29-04 7
       RE: How does your garden grow? FarmBoy 03-29-04 8
           RE: How does your garden grow? volsfan 03-29-04 9
               RE: How does your garden grow? FarmBoy 03-29-04 10
                   RE: How does your garden grow? volsfan 03-29-04 12
                       RE: How does your garden grow? FarmBoy 03-29-04 21
                           RE: How does your garden grow? volsfan 03-29-04 23
               RE: How does your garden grow? ginger 03-29-04 11
                   Speaking of cats moonbaby 03-29-04 14
                       RE: Speaking of cats FarmBoy 03-29-04 22
 RE: How does your garden grow? Puffy 03-29-04 13
 RE: How does your garden grow? Esbea 03-29-04 15
 RE: How does your garden grow? true 03-29-04 16
   I don't like it either moonbaby 03-29-04 19
 RE: How does your garden grow? GlassJax 03-29-04 17
   RE: How does your garden grow? Puffy 03-29-04 26
 RE: How does your garden grow? GlassJax 03-29-04 20
 RE: How does your garden grow? probably clueless 03-29-04 24
 RE: How does your garden grow? FarmBoy 03-29-04 25
   RE: How does your garden grow? Lost Scottsman 03-29-04 28
 Bah, humbug! MTW1961 03-29-04 27

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

03-28-04, 05:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Planting time in Canniba..."
Is a most festive time...

Brownies are served and then we have beers and then some taco chips and maybe a Crunchie bar or five...

Whut were we talking about again?

Hey look a butterfly...

03-28-04, 05:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "DOOOOOD!"
dooood....

doood

*snore*

Jims02 7407 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-04, 02:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jims02 Click to send private message to Jims02 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: DOOOOOD!"
Have you ever, like, looked at your hand?

Whooooooaaaaa

minitroll 3901 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

03-28-04, 05:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail minitroll Click to send private message to minitroll Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: How does your garden grow?"
We haven't planted anything new yet, but most of our fruit trees have already bloomed and gone. This is a bad weekend for planting, since its 91 and windy, so I think the vegetables will have to wait a week or two.

northernlights 5058 desperate attention whore postings

03-28-04, 05:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail northernlights Click to send private message to northernlights Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "I'll get back to ya..."
...once the 3' deep snowbanks have melted.

It was a beautiful weekend here. Sunny and warm but we still have a ton of snow on the ground. The forecast is calling for rain all week so it shouldn't last long.

My nephew and I went for a 4 wheeler ride yesterday and got stuck in the snow. Thankfully we managed to push ourselves out and make it back home just in time to talk to Mandy on the phone. *smooooches Mandy*

I think I'm going to plant a little garden at the cottage this year. The soil at my house is awful. Nothing but rock and sand, but the soil at the cottage seems much better. I'll likely plant some green beans, tomatoes and lettuce. Don't ask what mr light will be growing.

~ has beautiful daffodils, tulips and iris every spring.

Mizz Eve 368 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-29-04, 01:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Mizz%20Eve Click to send private message to Mizz%20Eve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: How does your garden grow?"
It's not warm enough here (Minnesota) to plant outside yet. Although my tulips and tiger lilies have started to come up. I plant my bulbs and seeds indoors and then transplant after any chance of frost. So far I have an Elephant Ear, 2 Caladiums, a few lilies and some hyacinth bulbs going inside. I also have poppies and pansies that will be ready for transplanting soon.

I have dozens of hostas and tiger lilies that I'll be digging out in a couple of weeks if anyone wants them.

Lost Scottsman 407 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-29-04, 08:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lost%20Scottsman Click to send private message to Lost%20Scottsman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: How does your garden grow?"
I still haven't done the pring maintainence on our flower beds yet. I am sure the lillies and bleeding hearts are starting to peek. Are you going to plant the spearmint outside? If so be careful where you pt it. It spreads by rizomes and can be very invasive. I had a patch of it once and inside 3 years it went from a cute little 4" bunch to a 2' monster!

Catnip is easy to grow and our cats love it when it'harvest time! They get WAY Lit up!

LeftPinky 4150 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

03-29-04, 09:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LeftPinky Click to send private message to LeftPinky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: How does your garden grow?"
Hey welcome Scotts!

You're right about the mint (any of the mint family plants)! I cut the bottom off of a big coffee can and plant mint in the metal sleeeeeve. Several times during the summer, I cut all the way around the can to keep the mint in line - we still have mint in several places that it wasn't planted (we've got spearmint, peppermint, chocolate mint and lemon balm - also from the same family). Don't plant it near to any tender herbs - they'll taste like mint AND the mint will take it over.

We've planted peas, radishes, onion sets and our first crop of lettuce. The garlic we planted last fall is coming up too.

We've got crocus, tulips and forsythia blossoming, bleeding heart, columbine, hyacinths etc coming up... I lvoe spring!

created by the amazing JSlice!

FarmBoy 2618 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

03-29-04, 12:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FarmBoy Click to send private message to FarmBoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: How does your garden grow?"
LAST EDITED ON 03-29-04 AT 12:58 PM (EST)

We had a bad spot in our back yard- nothing would grow there. I finally decided to plant peppermint there.

It grew and filled the whole "dead" area. I just mowed back as I mowed the grass. I enjoyed the smell it put off when I mowed it.

Oh, and, we have cherry trees about to bloom. Anyone know good way to keep the squirrels and birds away. (I'm not very much help because I have 4 feeders that I fill all the time.)

Bovinated BR549- An Original Draco Masterpiece
Your WSC3 SR Winner

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-04, 01:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: How does your garden grow?"
I planted some Saturday and am planting today as well...Here is what I have planted:

Pansies
Jalapeno Peppers
Basil
Cilantro
Radishes
Bell Peppers
Onions
Lettuce
Oragono

Is that enough?

Director of Public Relations for GAWKUR!

03-29-04, 01:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FarmBoy Click to send private message to FarmBoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: How does your garden grow?"
What! No tarragon!

I can't wait until tomato plantin' time.

Your WSC3 SR Winner

03-29-04, 01:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: How does your garden grow?"
About 5 years ago my dad bought like 5 pounds of tomatoes from a guy he worked with. The tomatoes were huge and very meaty. So, he liked them so much he started picking the seeds out of the veggie so he could raise his own! For the past few years my dad has little plastic containers all over the place with these little tomato plants growing! He has some that are about 4-5 inches tall! I can't wait either!

03-29-04, 03:08 PM (EST)
21. "RE: How does your garden grow?"
(Will be sneaking into Volsfan's garden at night.)

Your WSC3 SR Winner

03-29-04, 03:16 PM (EST)
23. "RE: How does your garden grow?"
You don't have to sneak! I will share...there is always plenty!

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-04, 01:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: How does your garden grow?"
With silver bells and cockle shells, but the cats dug up the whole row of pretty maids.

Actually, I have to start weeding to identify survivors from last year.

"Any government that would deny a gay man bridal registry is fascist." Margaret Cho

03-29-04, 02:06 PM (EST)
14. "Speaking of cats"
I'm hoping the mint will take over a patch of dirt by the entrance where nothing grows because of a cat poop situation. But the mint I want to use for things will stay in a pot.

03-29-04, 03:09 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Speaking of cats"
Just ignore it and treat it badly (with a lawnmower) and it will grow.

Your WSC3 SR Winner

Puffy 6702 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-04, 01:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Puffy Click to send private message to Puffy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: How does your garden grow?"

Fruit trees are blossoming beautiful flowers; DH planted azaleas, gardenias, impatiens, and geraniums yesterday.

AKA Puff Homes
sig pic courtesy of J Slice

Esbea 7377 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-04, 02:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Esbea Click to send private message to Esbea Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: How does your garden grow?"
Ive got stuff blooming all over the place! I, too, got some spearmint. I get some every year, I just cant keep the stuff alive. Its potted, I use it in my tea. Ill have to try the mojitos this year too.

I should be out planting my shrubberies.

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-04, 02:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: How does your garden grow?"
I would just like to use this thread to say that..

I hate forsythia.

Thank you.

I mean ICK, it's puke yellow coloring makes me wanna hurl! (and I'm not just saying that because The Mother loves it either.)

03-29-04, 02:59 PM (EST)
19. "I don't like it either"
But I can't wait for the lilacs at my mom's house to bloom!

GlassJax 1062 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-29-04, 02:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail GlassJax Click to send private message to GlassJax Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: How does your garden grow?"
Last week I started by turning over our garden. All by hand with a shovel. It's about 12 feet by 25 feet. This weekend I hoed (hoe'ed?) it and raked it out. Going to add some manure this week and in another two weeks the plants will start to go in.

The wife started some seeds about a week and a half ago. Looks like most of those are coming up nicely.

We'll end up having - tomatos, peas, beans, peppers (green and jalapenos), melons (water and canelopes), cucumbers, and some pumpkins.

I can't wait...

Puffy 6702 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-04, 05:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Puffy Click to send private message to Puffy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: How does your garden grow?"

So let me get this straight: you're doing the ho'ing and your wife is spreading the seeds?

AKA Puff Homes
sig pic courtesy of J Slice

GlassJax 1062 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-29-04, 03:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail GlassJax Click to send private message to GlassJax Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: How does your garden grow?"
I almost forgot.

This last weekend, I planted a banana tree a friend gave to me.

I'm hoping that once the fruit comes in, it will attract the indiginous monkeys of the region into my backyard! Won't that be exciting!

probably clueless 5782 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-04, 04:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail probably%20clueless Click to send private message to probably%20clueless Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: How does your garden grow?"
We don't have any ground with soil in my neighborhood; nada, zip...none. I suppose I could dust, collect that and grow something. A neighbor has a planter with fresh herbs we are all welcome to take.

A Kittyloaf®Original
*Got plenty of water though*

03-29-04, 04:26 PM (EST)
25. "RE: How does your garden grow?"

What do you guys thing about raised beds?

I want to do something "pretty" yet funcuntional for the B&B.

Your WSC3 SR Winner

Lost Scottsman 407 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-29-04, 06:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lost%20Scottsman Click to send private message to Lost%20Scottsman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: How does your garden grow?"
Raissed beds work pretty well but you need a soil mix that has good water retention as they tend to dry out much faster than a garden at ground level. Watering may be necessary from time to time.

MTW1961 4029 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

03-29-04, 05:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MTW1961 Click to send private message to MTW1961 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "Bah, humbug!"
I can't grow squat! Not intentionally anyway. Last year, I tried tomatoes (again) and planted a bunch of them because I wanted lots of tomatoes for salsa.

I got a total of about 8 tomatoes per plant. This spring, I noticed the area where I planted tomatoes is the only area in the entire yard that's not absolutely overrun with weeds.

I give up

Handcrafted by RollDdice!

Have you hugged your TiVo today?

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •