The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"No More Giant Gumball!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Canada Girl 3340 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-14-02, 04:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Canada%20Girl Click to send private message to Canada%20Girl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"No More Giant Gumball!"
Is anyone else as thrilled as I am that Giant Gumball won't be hosting the reunion? This may have already been discussed, I haven't been around lately. If so, please ignore...

Rosie O'Donnell will do a much better job, I feel sure of this. I am not her biggest fan, but enjoy her sense of humour. She's also a huge fan of Survivor, which will help with the kinds of questions she askes.

On her show yesterday, she promised lots of surprises for the reunion. Cool. I, for one, am looking much more forward to this one than I have been to past reuinion shows, which sucked!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: No More Giant Gumball! LionChow 05-14-02 1
 RE: No More Giant Gumball! Femme 05-14-02 2
 RE: No More Giant Gumball! smiles 05-14-02 3
 RE: No More Giant Gumball! JeffGator 05-14-02 4
   RE: No More Giant Gumball! Teddy_Bear 05-14-02 5
       Great Mab! dabo 05-15-02 8
 RE: No More Giant Gumball! magic_star 05-14-02 6
 RE: No More Giant Gumball! MandyM 05-14-02 7
 RE: No More Giant Gumball! Crimsyn 05-15-02 9
 RE: No More Giant Gumball! Naked 05-15-02 10
 RE: No More Giant Gumball! Silvergirl1 05-15-02 11
 Here's an Idea... IceCat 05-15-02 12
 Disagree Majic Mitch 05-15-02 13
   RE: Disagree Femme 05-15-02 14
   RE: Disagree with your disagreement PagongRatEater 05-15-02 15
 RE: No More Giant Gumball! MoonKitten 05-16-02 16

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

LionChow 2033 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

05-14-02, 04:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LionChow Click to send private message to LionChow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: No More Giant Gumball!"
Totally agreed. I'm so glad that Bozo is out of the picture. I think Rosie will make for a good, lively show and her being a fan should eliminate Gumball-like mispronounciations and pointless questions. Honestly though, anybody would be better.

My only fear is that Rosie sometimes seems to get a little too wrapped up in "ME". Hopefully, she'll keep the focus of the show on the survivors and off discussions of her being a fan and who she loves in the cast.

Good bye to the pompous Bumble!

Femme 3621 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

05-14-02, 05:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Femme Click to send private message to Femme Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: No More Giant Gumball!"
Too true. Did you know that he actually requested that he have a 'nobody' anchor the early show with him. He didn't want to be upstaged. He said his co-anchors had ruined all of his shows, but the only consistency I see is him. That's why no-name Clayson got the job. He bites the big one.

As for Rosie, I'm not a fan, a viewer or any of the like, so I will reserve judgement until I see what she's all about. But, really, anyone is better than that pinhead Bryant.

smiles 675 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-14-02, 06:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smiles Click to send private message to smiles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: No More Giant Gumball!"
I'm glad too. I am actually going to stay up and watch the whole thing on Sunday (I have a 6:14 a.m. filght the next morning). But I figure that I can sleep on the plane.

Does anyone know what Dumbball is doing now?

JeffGator 1401 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

05-14-02, 06:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JeffGator Click to send private message to JeffGator Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: No More Giant Gumball!"
I am so thrilled, you have no idea! I actually really really like Rosie O'Donnell. I don't watch her show, but I do think she has a lot of personality and will put a lot into the reunion show. And I never liked Giant Gumball, he acts like he has never even watched Survivor and was just fed questions to ask the contestants.

I think it's going to be great and I'm sure Rosie will ask some funny and embarrassing questions. Finally, a reunion to look forward to. I actually enjoyed the first one though, thought the second one was pretty good, but the third one blew.

Teddy_Bear 1675 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

05-14-02, 09:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Teddy_Bear Click to send private message to Teddy_Bear Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: No More Giant Gumball!"
Actually I liked all the reunion shows--yes even {yawn} s3.

My only regret was, that in each show the 16 contestant weren't able to vote him off of the stage.

Well praise Buddha--or who (or whatever) for finally having
the wisdom to snuff out Dumbell's torch
--even if it wasn't Jeff--Probst, of course. Gumball, the viewers have now spoken; you may go now.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Sean: I can already hear her big mouth from here.

The Cream rises to the top. So does the scum.
|
Light a Virtual Candle
Eleanor Roosevelt: No one can make YOU feel inferior without YOUR consent!

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-15-02, 00:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Great Mab!"
While the reunion shows have been pretty entertaining, I am totally thrilled that Rosie has taken over for Bryant, who hasn't appeared interested in the thing since the first Survivor. Yippee, praise Great Mab! Rosie will do a great job. I also love that they're crowning a new millionaire in Central Park at 10 PM! (the basher in me had to point that out )

ARRRRRRR!!!!

magic_star 2400 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

05-14-02, 10:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail magic_star Click to send private message to magic_star Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: No More Giant Gumball!"
I agree with you'll that Rosie will do a much a better job than Gumball.She will definitely ask better questions.She actually will know who the contestants are unlike Gumball who just throws up questions at the spot that make no sense.I don't know why they didn't get Rosie to do it before but I'm glad she is doing it now.

MandyM 2112 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

05-14-02, 11:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MandyM Click to send private message to MandyM Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: No More Giant Gumball!"
Giant Gumball sucks @ss! I am sooo very thankful he won't be running (ruIning) the show this year! He is the most worthless host since Julie whatsherface from BB!

Rosie Rocks........she actually WATCHES the show and will know what questions to ask to liven things up a bit. I am truly looking forward to this!

MM "Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh....." - Jizzy.

Crimsyn 590 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-15-02, 02:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Crimsyn Click to send private message to Crimsyn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: No More Giant Gumball!"
Rosie rocks! She's open and honest and I think she'll be totally up front with them and ask them the stuff that Gumball would have been scared to ask. I can't wait.

Naked 887 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

05-15-02, 04:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Naked Click to send private message to Naked Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: No More Giant Gumball!"
Giant Dumbel couldn't even pronounce the Etans name right. That guy needs to fade back into obscurity, and never grace my TV set again. He has never been a good host, and I think he detracted from reunion shows.

I am looking forward to Rosie though. I love her sense of humor...

Silvergirl1 9342 desperate attention whore postings

05-15-02, 06:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Silvergirl1 Click to send private message to Silvergirl1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: No More Giant Gumball!"
Canada Girl, I could not be more happy that his smugness will not ruin my viewing of the Finale or the Reunion Show.

Rosie knows each of the players and has had all of them, except for the last five, on her show. She gave each one a nice gift.

I was impressed with her recent interview of Robert DeCanio. He came off sounding so much better than in any other interview. She brought up some things that other hosts before her (Clayson and Letterman) did not because she obviously did her homework.

R.I.P. (Recreating In Paradise):
Peter Harkey: Alien from Uranus getting into the best shape of his life.
Patricia Jackson: Nacho Mama chillin' at the Loser Buffet.
Hunter Ellis: The Knuckleheads have spoken sending the Eagle to go scuba diving.
Sarah Jones: Miss No-nos begins her tropical vacation at last.
Gabriel Cade: The teddy bear hugger looks for a new commune where they don't play games.
Gina Crews: Happy trails to our nature guide as she and Hunter meet at the Lover's Lodge. Favorite buffet item: Watermelon
Rob Mariano: The Robfodder never caught a chicken and he ain't no friend of mine.
John Carroll: This isn't the crying game, dude. Take it like a man.
One hour of my life after watching the Recrap show!
Zoe Zanidakis: I hate to break it to you, Lobster Woman, but even Gabe had a better game plan.
Tammy Leitner: You should be proud of yourself, girlfriend. You have made it to the jury.
Robert DeCanio: Put down that voodoo doll, General, and give us all a limo ride.

Quality posting since April 19, 2001

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

05-15-02, 07:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "Here's an Idea..."
Rosie is big Broadway fan (and star)...

What if she did a big production number at the beginning of the reunion...

Maybe she could do a take off on some famous song like...

hmmm...

oh I dunno...

maybe:

That's Entertainment!

Majic Mitch 474 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-15-02, 11:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Majic%20Mitch Click to send private message to Majic%20Mitch Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "Disagree"
She tends to be too entertaining, and will probably center stage most of the survivors. I'm all about consistency and Bryant has done a splendid job thus far....

Femme 3621 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

05-15-02, 11:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Femme Click to send private message to Femme Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Disagree"
>She tends to be too entertaining,
>and will probably center stage
>most of the survivors.

But, that's good right? Center stage? I think you mean upstage!

I don't really know too much about Rosie, but my impression is that she won't detract from the survivors, but might be a little overzealous.

Anything's better than Bryant trashing Rich all during the first season, then us having to watch uncomfortably as he ate his words while interviewing the new millionaire. Can you say squirm?

PagongRatEater 12996 desperate attention whore postings

05-15-02, 03:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Disagree with your disagreement"
Gumball has just been atrocious as a host for the reunion show. Did he ever even watch survivor before the finale? The only potentially worse host would have been Letterman. Bad news for ya, Dave. NO ONE thinks you are funny as you think you are. Survivor pays your sorry, losing to Nightline, gap-toothed as.s.

Rosie will probably do a pretty good job. She has done great when she's had Survivors and Amazing Race teams on her show. She is definitely more than a tad annoying, but she will ask interesting questions and will certainly not call contestants stupid al a Lamber and Gum-ball.

MoonKitten 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-16-02, 03:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MoonKitten Click to send private message to MoonKitten Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: No More Giant Gumball!"
I dont mean to be a party pooper, but I really dont care for Rosie'O, but then, anyone would be better than Bryant.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •