The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"New Promo"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Average Joe Forum (Protected)
Original message

EnglProf 888 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

12-03-03, 10:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail EnglProf Click to send private message to EnglProf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"New Promo"
Newest Average Joe promo confirms Adam is a Millionaire, but there's an even bigger shock. Jason Storm still lives at home... Ah, how decidedly mature!

Give me a break-- there's no way Melana picks this guy over Adam, right? A cute waiter who still lives at home is still a live-at home waiter!

Cuteness be damned, I hope she picks Adam. (IMO, though Jason is definitely a pretty boy, Adam is a real man and not at all unattractive!)

I do think that if Melana picks Adam, their relationship has a strike against it that even other reality tv dating show couples don't have, which doesn't bode well for Adam.

On the other dating shows, participants (male and female) come onto the show and meet people who are about as equally attractive as they are. So, by the time one has chosen the other, they're on pretty even footing.

Ever since the beginning of Average Joe, though, the premise has been basically that these guys aren't really good enough for Melana (eye roll). Then they brought in the studs just to show what her "caliber" of guy really is. Yes, she claims that looks aren't as important (I think she's adequately demonstrated that that was a lie even if she does pick an Average Joe in the end), but I imagine that Melana would start a relationship with Adam subconsciously believing that she's too pretty for him or too good for him. The first fight they have she'll use as justification for the fact that they were never right for each other, it just seemed that way because of the show.

I think it sucks for Adam, who seems like a pretty genuine guy, if filthy rich! I guess we can't complain too much though-- you can't expect much more than 15 minutes of fame if you go on a dating tv show-- unless you're Krista or Ryan!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: New Promo Blow by Blow 12-03-03 1
   RE: New Promo ego 12-03-03 2
   RE: New Promo MizLiz 12-03-03 5
 RE: New Promo yankeegirl 12-03-03 3
 RE: New Promo kryp 12-03-03 4
   RE: New Promo EnglProf 12-03-03 6
       RE: New Promo Chrissy gal 12-03-03 9
 RE: New Promo ValleyGirl 12-03-03 7
   RE: New Promo yankeegirl 12-03-03 8
       RE: New Promo Chrissy gal 12-04-03 12
   RE: New Promo ego 12-04-03 11
 RE: New Promo ladro 12-03-03 10
 RE: New Promo kelli_blue 12-05-03 13
 RE: New Promo sbeck 12-07-03 14
 RE: New Promo CyberCooties 12-07-03 15
   RE: New Promo leogirl_21 12-07-03 16
       RE: New Promo escapedude 12-07-03 17
           RE: New Promo CyberCooties 12-08-03 18

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Blow by Blow 895 desperate attention whore postings

12-03-03, 12:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Blow%20by%20Blow Click to send private message to Blow%20by%20Blow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: New Promo"
>>I do think that if Melana picks Adam, their relationship has a strike against it that even other reality tv dating show couples don't have, which doesn't bode well for Adam.

The strike against them is that she wants to live in California and break into show business (good luck!) and Adam lives in New York and already has a career.

>>the premise has been basically that these guys aren't really good enough for Melana

The premise of this show has changed every week, but I think what they've settle on is that these guys are good enough for Malena even though their looks are only so-so.

I'm betting that Malena picks Adam in the end but their relationship doesn't go anywhere.

-P

ego 100 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-03-03, 12:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ego Click to send private message to ego Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: New Promo"
I'd like to see Adam's ex-girlfriends. If he's loaded like we think, I'll bet he's had his share of money-hungry pretty girls. I wonder what kind of girlfriends he's had in the past.

Jason Storm still lives with his parents? Give me a break!

MizLiz 30 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

12-03-03, 03:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MizLiz Click to send private message to MizLiz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: New Promo"
The strike against them is that she wants to live in California and break into show business (good luck!) and Adam lives in New York and already has a career.

===================
I don't think you have to live in California to have a major career. There's an awful lot of major stars who work out of New York, and there's any number of TV shows filmed there. If she's any good at all, she'll find work. If she's not, there's always motherhood! <G>

yankeegirl 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

12-03-03, 02:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail yankeegirl Click to send private message to yankeegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: New Promo"
Have only watched the most recent 3 episodes, but I agree with what you said. The show has now come down to a "prince or the pauper" type choice. Sure, Adam isn't as good looking as Jason, but the $$$ sure makes him more attractive. About the fat cousin twist, give me a break, "Princess Melena" is just as shallow as the guys were when they talking about the "fat cousin". Anyone who has been in the spot light like her and make it on her looks cannot truthfully say that appearance isn't important to them. I am willing to bet that the $$$ gives Adam huge points!!! I think Zack got out while the getting was good - I think it was somewhat fixed though. Why else did we only get to see Zack's and Adam's comments on the fat girl?

kryp 57 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

12-03-03, 03:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kryp Click to send private message to kryp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: New Promo"
This revelation sort of proves the shallowness of the nimrods who created this show, because a millionaire is hardly average is he? Looks are the only thing to base the term "average" on? If Melana goes for Adam after finding out he's loaded with green stuff it will make her look like a gold digger.

I really liked this show in the beginning but now it's really getting on my nerves. They should quit with throwing all the curveballs and let nature take it's course.

EnglProf 888 desperate attention whore postings

12-03-03, 04:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail EnglProf Click to send private message to EnglProf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: New Promo"
This revelation sort of proves the shallowness of the nimrods who created this show, because a millionaire is hardly average is he?

But, the voice over for the original promo that aired after the last Average Joe episode said something to the effect of "and Adam reveals something even we didn't know" then it pans over the shots Fortune magazine on his wall. So, if you believe what they say, they chose Adam thinking he was average, only to find out he's not so average after all. But, I'm not inclined to believe the show's producers after learning that some of their average joes were really "professional" actors.

Chrissy gal 1413 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

12-03-03, 08:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Chrissy%20gal Click to send private message to Chrissy%20gal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: New Promo"
With all the information on the internet, I find it hard to believe that they didn't know that Adam is a millionaire.

Chrissy gal

"Never underestimate the potential psychosis of a reality show contestant." managerr

ValleyGirl 377 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

12-03-03, 06:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ValleyGirl Click to send private message to ValleyGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: New Promo"
The girl is interested in developing her career not in a long term relationship. She'll take the category "Adam" for five hundred and then dump him after the show. This girl's got stars in her eyes and they're not for any Average Joe!
Valley Girl
"I know you want me, but you can't give me what I want ...."

yankeegirl 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

12-03-03, 08:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail yankeegirl Click to send private message to yankeegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: New Promo"
I agree with you Valley Girl. She is definitely not in this for a long-term relationship, just another stepping stone. Then again, if we had the opportunity to get the air time she is getting from this show, wouldn't we explore the prospects for a 6 week period.

Chrissy gal 1413 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

12-04-03, 09:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Chrissy%20gal Click to send private message to Chrissy%20gal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: New Promo"
>>wouldn't we explore the prospects for a 6 week period.<<

Absolutely, unequivocally NO!!

Chrissy gal

"Never underestimate the potential psychosis of a reality show contestant." managerr

ego 100 desperate attention whore postings

12-04-03, 09:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ego Click to send private message to ego Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: New Promo"
They obviously didn't stay together since some chick is giving Adam's phone # away on the official AJ boards...heh heh

ladro 1168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

12-03-03, 09:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ladro Click to send private message to ladro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: New Promo"
The promos which describe Adam as a Millionaire only reinforce my opinion that Jason will win. For what it is worth, my research indicates that Adam doesn't own the NY apartment he live in, and that he is one of four partners in a privately held limited liability corporation (formerly an LLP), and he is not the LLC Manager. None of this means that he isn't a Millionaire, and I am not saying he isn't, but I think it would be all but impossible for the staff of AJ to objectively determine his net worth since it is all tied up in his corporation partnership.

kelli_blue 301 desperate attention whore postings

12-05-03, 01:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kelli_blue Click to send private message to kelli_blue Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: New Promo"
Storm still lives at
>home... Ah, how decidedly mature!

Oh my word!! That takes him down a notch or two in my book.
(But he's still hot!)

sbeck 418 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

12-07-03, 00:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sbeck Click to send private message to sbeck Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: New Promo"
Well said, EnglProf. He lives at home still. Unless it's because he needs to take care of his invalid mother, who would want him? I think she'll choose Adam.

CyberCooties 162 desperate attention whore postings

12-07-03, 03:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CyberCooties Click to send private message to CyberCooties Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: New Promo"
Well, we don't know enough about Jason or his family.... too soon to judge.

Ew! CyberCooties!

leogirl_21 371 desperate attention whore postings

12-07-03, 11:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail leogirl_21 Click to send private message to leogirl_21 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: New Promo"
I'm not sure who Melana will choose.
The previews sometimes look like she will choose Adam, but then again she really liked Jason. I have no idea but I have a hunch that it is more likely to be Adam than Jason. Just a feeling for now I guess but who knows? I guess we'll find out tomorrow night. I don't think that she knows enough about Jason to pick him but she does know more about Adam I think.

Don't let your fears stand in the way of your dreams.

The mind is not a vessel to be filled but a fire to be ignited. - Plutarch

escapedude 250 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

12-07-03, 07:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail escapedude Click to send private message to escapedude Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: New Promo"
>>>>With all the information on the internet, I find it hard to believe that they didn't know that Adam is a millionaire.<<<<<<<<

Of course they knew..Just another twist in the show.

Im not sure if Adam is really "millionaire" but i think thats irrelevant here..We will see if Mel will be more attracted to him because of this..Me thinks she will..!

I say she chooses Adam over Jason since he has the depth/personality of a stump..

CyberCooties 162 desperate attention whore postings

12-08-03, 01:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CyberCooties Click to send private message to CyberCooties Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: New Promo"
Yet another network romance in the dumpster. Oh well.

Ew! CyberCooties!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •