The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Sittem, Jeff Gator we are the Oregonian Newspaper for supporting Vee!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

BMH 845 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

05-10-02, 11:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail BMH Click to send private message to BMH Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Sittem, Jeff Gator we are the Oregonian Newspaper for supporting Vee!"
Here is the article from the Oregonian:
Towery proving to be a true 'Survivor'

05/08/02

OK, so even her fans don't think she's thrilling, exactly.

"She's carried a fairly low profile throughout," is how a poster named Sittem put it on the Survivorblows.com Web site.

JeffGator, another poster, put an even finer point on it:

"I do think she is rather boring."

But is that Portland-raised Vecepia Towery's secret strength on the road to victory (and a cool $1 million) on CBS' "Survivor: Marquesas"?

Again, the SurvivorBlows critics speak:

"I love her and have since the first episode." (Sittem)

"She's really the nicest person on the show." (JeffGator)

"Vee is my favorite Survivor! Go Vee!!!" (BMH)

Our "Survivor: Africa" homegirl, the charmingly potty-mouthed Lindsey Richter, could only dream of being this popular. Sure, Richter had killer abs and a tigress's eyes. But her outrageousness frightened her tribemates, inspiring them to eject her at the end of the sixth episode.

Towery, on the other hand, tends to sit on the sidelines and let the hysteria blow past her. When the Hayward, Calif.-based office manager gets emotional -- as in last week's episode, which coincided with her birthday -- she says something like, "God is with us! Each and every day!"

And while it's hard to imagine God being personally engaged in the developments of "Survivor: Marquesas" (you'd think she/he would have staff for that sort of thing), it's just as hard to argue with Towery's faith and spirit.

Or, for that matter, her achievements.

After all, she has lasted nearly twice as long as Richter. Some of her success can be chalked up to her strong allegiance with Sean Rector, the strong-minded teacher from New York City. But she has also weathered shifting alliances, a sudden personnel change in her tribe and all manner of physical and emotional discomforts with a quiet dignity unfamiliar to most Survivors.

For this, Towery may thank God. But I think she deserves some of the credit, too.
GO VEE!!!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Sittem, Jeff Gator we are the O... LionChow 05-10-02 1
 RE: Sittem, Jeff Gator we are the O... JeffGator 05-10-02 2
 Holy Crap It's A Real Article!!! JeffGator 05-10-02 3
 RE: Sittem, Jeff Gator we are the O... sittem 05-10-02 4
   RE: Sittem, Jeff Gator we are the O... JeffGator 05-10-02 5
       RE: Sittem, Jeff Gator we are the O... sittem 05-10-02 7
   RE: Sittem, Jeff Gator we are the O... BMH 05-10-02 13
 RE: Sittem, Jeff Gator we are the O... FesterFan1 05-10-02 6
   RE: Sittem, Jeff Gator we are the O... sittem 05-10-02 8
       RE: Sittem, Jeff Gator we are the O... FesterFan1 05-10-02 9
           RE: Sittem, Jeff Gator we are the O... sittem 05-10-02 10
   RE: ROTFLMAF!!! (Sittem, Jeff Gator... Teddy_Bear 05-10-02 12
 RE: Sittem, Jeff Gator we are the O... Survivorerist 05-10-02 11
 RE: Sittem, Jeff Gator we are the O... katem 05-11-02 14
 RE: Sittem, Jeff Gator we are the O... smiles 05-13-02 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

LionChow 2033 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

05-10-02, 11:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LionChow Click to send private message to LionChow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Sittem, Jeff Gator we are the Oregonian Newspaper for supporting Vee!"
Ah, congrats gents!

I think you should petition SB for at least 50 DAW points for this massmedia mention.

Good job!

JeffGator 1401 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

05-10-02, 02:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JeffGator Click to send private message to JeffGator Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Sittem, Jeff Gator we are the Oregonian Newspaper for supporting Vee!"
That was awesome BMH, and a very fun & creative way to show your support for Vee. I now am too a Vee fan and you can quote me on that!

05-10-02, 03:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JeffGator Click to send private message to JeffGator Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Holy Crap It's A Real Article!!!"
http://www.oregonlive.com/living/oregonian/peter_carlin/index.ssf?/xml/story.ssf/html_standard.xsl?/base/living/102085900812298173.xml

BMH, I thought you were just joking! I thought this was an article you made up using quotes from posters at Surivorblows.

Wait a second...are you Peter Ames Carlin???!!!

sittem 4186 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

05-10-02, 05:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sittem Click to send private message to sittem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Sittem, Jeff Gator we are the Oregonian Newspaper for supporting Vee!"
I'm so humbled.

Thanks, BMH! Praise the Lord and go Vee. Guess I'll have to rate her first on love list now this week.

05-10-02, 05:12 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Sittem, Jeff Gator we are the Oregonian Newspaper for supporting Vee!"
Oh no, but Sittem I have Sean ranked #1 and Vee ranked #2! I thought we were finally going to have identical lists this week!

05-10-02, 05:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sittem Click to send private message to sittem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Sittem, Jeff Gator we are the Oregonian Newspaper for supporting Vee!"
Well, I thought so too, but now I have a dilemna with the pressure of this article! I was going to rewatch tonight because I'm actually conflicted over my top three and I need to sort it all out before I post my loves.

BMH 845 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

05-10-02, 11:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BMH Click to send private message to BMH Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Sittem, Jeff Gator we are the Oregonian Newspaper for supporting Vee!"
Glad you guys liked it..I was just searching through some random survivor links...and I came upon an article on Vee..and when i found out you, JG, and I were in it...i thought i would post it..glad u guys liked it..

P.S.
haha..Jeff..i cant believe u thought i made that up myself..i wish i was that creative...oh well!

FesterFan1 5947 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-10-02, 05:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FesterFan1 Click to send private message to FesterFan1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Sittem, Jeff Gator we are the Oregonian Newspaper for supporting Vee!"
The latest from the Oregonian:

Survivor Vee's supporters everywhere are now being heard

Vecepia Towery continues to get more popular as Survivor: Marquesas draws near it's thrilling two-hour finale next week. Here's some more from her growing fan base:

"I LOOOOVE her strategy! You go girl!" Kim Johnson

"I think she's enjoyed great success despite her in-your-face style. I am definitely a fan." J.D. Salinger

"Vee's great! She's so much better at hiding than I am!" Waldo

But there are still those who have yet to be swayed by the charismatic Oregon native:

"Who's Vee, again?" Jeff Probst

Fester

"Checkmate, brah"--Sean, S4 E8

05-10-02, 05:19 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Sittem, Jeff Gator we are the Oregonian Newspaper for supporting Vee!"
FF - I'm so surprised that you would do that to inveesible.

FesterFan1 5947 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-10-02, 05:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FesterFan1 Click to send private message to FesterFan1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Sittem, Jeff Gator we are the Oregonian Newspaper for supporting Vee!"
All in good fun, sittem, all in good fun.

Seriously, congrats on being published!

You, JG and BMH should ask for a cut of the Oregonians proceeds.

Fester

"Checkmate, brah"--Sean, S4 E8

05-10-02, 05:35 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Sittem, Jeff Gator we are the Oregonian Newspaper for supporting Vee!"
I knew you were funnin' - gotta figure out how to use those emoticons to add some inflection to my posts. Oh well.

Teddy_Bear 1675 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

05-10-02, 08:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Teddy_Bear Click to send private message to Teddy_Bear Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: ROTFLMAF!!! (Sittem, Jeff Gator we are the Oregonian Newspaper for supporting Vee!)"
LAST EDITED ON 05-11-02 AT 04:29 PM (EST)

Conga-rats BMH, Sittem, and JeffGator--now I really do want an autograph! BTW, any news 'bout Exile 2? Good work guys; can I say I knew you when . . . ?

FesterFan1, you rock!!! LOL.

>The latest from the Oregonian:

>Survivor Vee's supporters everywhere are
>now being heard

>Vecepia Towery continues to get more
>popular as Survivor: Marquesas draws
>near it's thrilling two-hour finale
>next week. Here's some
>more from her growing fan
>base:

>"I think she's enjoyed great success
>despite her in-your-face style.
>I am definitely a fan."
> J.D. Salinger

Is he still alive? I saw an interview with his daughter;
she appeared--as frightened, as someone in the Witness Protection Program;
she basically inferred that he was the father from hell
--kind of like, Dicque . BTW, I loved "Catcher In the Rye."

>But there are still those who
>have yet to be swayed
>by the charismatic Oregon native:

>"Who's Vee, again?" Jeff Probst

*Note: edited because I forgot to thank the posters' mentioned, who brought us all, notoriety and fame.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Patrick: I'm pretty much what you'd call a pretty boy.

The Cream rises to the top. So does the scum.
|
Light a Virtual Candle
Eleanor Roosevelt: No one can make YOU feel inferior without YOUR consent!

Survivorerist 4103 desperate attention whore postings

05-10-02, 06:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Survivorerist Click to send private message to Survivorerist Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Sittem, Jeff Gator we are the Oregonian Newspaper for supporting Vee!"
omh you are famous! (in a Survivor kind of way, I guess) Congratulations on your mentions, BMH, Jeff and Sittem

=======================

Survivorerist - Oh where oh where did my sig pic go?

"I mean to see that we had just turned around like that at the last second and beat 'em at their own game...I think it's just hilarious! Like, I just laughed my head off! Ah ha ha ha..."
-Neleh Dennis

"Oh for cute!" (Courtesy of Strider )

katem 3315 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-11-02, 00:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail katem Click to send private message to katem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Sittem, Jeff Gator we are the Oregonian Newspaper for supporting Vee!"
Little boy: "Look ma, can you see that?"
Mom: "Why yes dear."
LB: "What is it?"
Mom: "Oh honey, it's just the swelled heads of JeffGator, Sittem and BMH".

Seriously kids, congrats on getting quoted on a real publication. I guess we all should be more careful about what we say around here. NOT !!!!

Keep posting, last time the Oregonian, next time The New York Times

smiles 675 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-13-02, 02:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smiles Click to send private message to smiles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Sittem, Jeff Gator we are the Oregonian Newspaper for supporting Vee!"
Sittem, JG - I didn't know that you two were media whores too???

And all this time I thought you guys were low key!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •