The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Do the rich need to get richer?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Fanatics Forum (Protected)
Original message

marcimom 8 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-30-03, 01:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail marcimom Click to send private message to marcimom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Do the rich need to get richer?"
Do the NFL wives really need to win this race? What is their motivation? They already said they have all the luxuries associated with being wives of NFL players. And how did Debra and Steve qualify for the show? They wouldn't have let them be on Survivor. Shouldn't there be guidelines if they can't do the physical things required? I would love to be on Amazing Race, but I know I am not physically able. I found a good recap page for the show its www.expage.com/bigbrother2views (they do big brother recaps when its on)

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Do the rich need to get richer? managerr 05-30-03 1
   Mrs. Ray Buchanan is very Rich Boilermaker 05-30-03 4
       RE: Mrs. Ray Buchanan is very Rich PepeLePew13 05-30-03 5
           RE: Mrs. Ray Buchanan is very Rich Boilermaker 05-30-03 6
 RE: Do the rich need to get richer? Femme 05-30-03 2
   RE: Do the rich need to get richer? Survivorerist 05-31-03 7
       RE: Do the rich need to get richer? Femme 05-31-03 8
 Do the rich need to get richer? WH... realitybites 05-30-03 3
   RE: Do the rich need to get richer?... SteffiGurl 06-01-03 9
       RE: Do the rich need to get richer?... anotherkim 06-01-03 10
           RE: Do the rich need to get richer?... SteffiGurl 06-02-03 11
 RE: Do the rich need to get richer? simom 06-05-03 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-30-03, 01:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail managerr Click to send private message to managerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Do the rich need to get richer?"
Actually, for the most part, a lot of NFL players aren't really that rich. The average NFL career is really short, and the money they make has to last the rest of their lives, unless they have other skills to bring in the big $$$. But why not have rich people race? Their motivation is that they are competitive and they want to do something fun and exciting in their lives.

Debra/Steve probably couldn't be on Survivor due to health. (But they let Big Tom and Richard Hatch on so you never know) They do give these people physical tests and they *did* complete all of they physical things required--they just did them slowly.

Imho, the mistake the less physical teams did was not doing "search" instead of rescue. It was the walk back which seemed to kill everyone and the rescue portion may have taken longer initially, but it didn't have that long walk down the mountain.

Boilermaker 260 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-30-03, 02:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Boilermaker Click to send private message to Boilermaker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Mrs. Ray Buchanan is very Rich"
LAST EDITED ON 05-30-03 AT 02:44 PM (EST)

First of all the minimum salary in the NFL is about $400,000/year. Don't know what people consider a good amount of money but that is great by my standards. Even if your career is short that still more than most of us make in at least several years. They can still work in the following years and if they manage their money right... Oh never mind.

Secondly I don't know for sure who the other wife is married to but Monica is married to Ray Buchanan 11 year NFL vet who makes several million a year. He has probably made more than 25 million in his long NFL career.

Any ideas who Sheree is married to?

Edited to add: I think it is awesome that Monica and Sheree wanted to compete and show that they are not just pampered wives and have aspirations to challenge themselves and come out from under the shadows of being the wife of Atlanta Falcon ______.

PepeLePew13 26135 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-30-03, 04:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Mrs. Ray Buchanan is very Rich"

>Any ideas who Sheree is married to?

Ashley Ambrose isn't chopped liver, either. He's been around something like 11 or 12 years now and when the Falcons released him to make salary-cap room, Ambrose's salary was 3.125 million. He's now with New Orleans.

I agree... they're both in it just for a lark and see how well they do in the game, money is probably the least of their worries in this game -- they're competitive, nothing more.

Click here to rank all 96 Survivors!

Heidi: My biggest assets to the tribe are my athletic skills and my intelligence. I've lost one of them.
Jiffy: Which one?

Boilermaker 260 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-30-03, 04:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Boilermaker Click to send private message to Boilermaker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Mrs. Ray Buchanan is very Rich"
I had a feeling it was Ashley Ambrose, thanks for confirming. And to correct myself Sheree is married to Ray Buchanan and Monica to Ashley Ambrose.

Femme 3621 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

05-30-03, 01:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Femme Click to send private message to Femme Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Do the rich need to get richer?"
Hi, marcimom, nice to have you here.

I think Monica and Sheree want bragging rights more than they do a million dollars. To be two black, female, "housewives" and win a huge mental and physical competition... I think that answers the motivation question.

I agree about Steve and Debra, they should not have been on this show. They were a "throw-away" team, if anything, and I hate being duped like I was. I figured they were going to be manipulative, conniving people who would do well, but they ended up being sweet and vulnerable and nice and I hate them for that. So hard to celebrate them leaving (and you feel slightly guilty thinking they deserved to go) when they turned out to be so human and nice. Damn.

Anyways... sounds like you have a lot of not so nice things to say. Come over to the Basher Forums where we can all talk trash in relative safe surroundings. <whisper> These TAR Fanatics over here get mad at us for being mean on their side of the house. Come to the dark side, marcimom.</whisper>

Femme

"All right Ramblers, let's get ramblin'."

Survivorerist 4103 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

05-31-03, 08:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Survivorerist Click to send private message to Survivorerist Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Do the rich need to get richer?"
>>>Come to the dark side, marcimom<<<

Psssstttt, ignore Femme marcimom. She doesn't know what she's talking about and I hear she's a little loony herself. Besides, we're soooooo much nicer at Fanatics

(Another IceCat original )

Femme 3621 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

05-31-03, 11:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Femme Click to send private message to Femme Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Do the rich need to get richer?"
You call me loony, and probably rightly so. However, everyone knows the fun lies with the loonies. Why you trying to lie, Sir? Fanatics does not equal the fun you could have on the Basher side of the house.

Femme

"All right Ramblers, let's get ramblin'."

realitybites 1174 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-30-03, 02:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail realitybites Click to send private message to realitybites Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Do the rich need to get richer? WHY NOT?!?!"
First of all, marcimom, welcome to the board.

Second, thanks for the link.

I haven't asked them, but I suspect there are several reasons for Monica and Sharee's presence in the race:

1) They want to show their husbands, children, and the world that they can do this, and do well.
2) They want to visit places that they would never think of going.
3) They want to do things they would never think of doing.

As for Steve and Debra, they were cast on the show because the producers thought that they would be popular with the audience (us), since they seemed like such regular people. I imagine that they got physicals and checked out OK, but no physical can really test how someone will do on the road in one of these races.

SteffiGurl 358 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

06-01-03, 06:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SteffiGurl Click to send private message to SteffiGurl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Do the rich need to get richer? WHY NOT?!?!"
Ya know, I don't think any of these people are poor, considering what an investment it is to be on the show. There's a certain amount of transportation you have to pay for in the beginning, and time missed from work is not covered. I would say each team had to save up a few thousand dollars just to try out.
Let's put 12 teams of homeless people in the game, and then we can talk about who needs the money.

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-01-03, 07:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Do the rich need to get richer? WHY NOT?!?!"
A few hundred thousand? I think that is a bit excessive and there is no way that some of these young contestants had that kind of cash lying around.

Miscellaneous Ramblings
--it has nothing to do with needing the money; it's the challenge

SteffiGurl 358 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

06-02-03, 02:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SteffiGurl Click to send private message to SteffiGurl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Do the rich need to get richer? WHY NOT?!?!"
Read it again, Kim. I said a few thousand, not a few HUNDRED thousand. Were you reading my post, or commenting on someone elses?

simom Firstname::kristi desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "New Member"

06-05-03, 09:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail simom Click to send private message to simom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Do the rich need to get richer?"
This interview with Sheree's sister may shed a little light on their motivation, at least as their families see it....

No spoiler info, just gushing from the sister.

http://www.courier-journal.com/features/columns/dorsey/2003/dorsey20030605.html

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •