The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"STUPID CBS Camera Tricks"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

ELCinOhio 215 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-10-02, 09:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ELCinOhio Click to send private message to ELCinOhio Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"STUPID CBS Camera Tricks"
WOW... what a close battle between Ian and his slave and TnT.

The way CBS showed it, they were neck and neck, trying to get to the pitstop just minutes apart.... except...

It is quite clear that Tramel was doing a night dive, while Ian's was done during the day.

Ian was driving right at dusk, you could still see a dark blue sky,

by the Time Tramel was done it was pitch black out.

I would guess TnT was at least 2 hours behind Ian and Slave, not just 10 minutes.

DAMN CBS

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: STUPID CBS Camera Tricks GTmike 10-10-02 1
   RE: STUPID CBS Camera Tricks ejm92 10-10-02 2
   RE: STUPID CBS Camera Tricks TAR3Tramel 10-10-02 4
       RE: STUPID CBS Camera Tricks GTmike 10-11-02 5
       RE: STUPID CBS Camera Tricks Amazing_Insider 10-11-02 6
           RE: STUPID CBS Camera Tricks TAR3Tramel 10-17-02 12
               RE: STUPID CBS Camera Tricks ELCinOhio 10-18-02 13
               RE: STUPID CBS Camera Tricks Amazing_Insider 10-22-02 15
       RE: STUPID CBS Camera Tricks Esbea 10-11-02 7
       RE: STUPID CBS Camera Tricks Sophie 10-11-02 8
           RE: STUPID CBS Camera Tricks TeamJoisey 10-11-02 9
 RE: STUPID CBS Camera Tricks Efjendar 10-10-02 3
 RE: STUPID CBS Camera Tricks ELCinOhio 10-17-02 10
   RE: STUPID CBS Camera Tricks tarfam 10-17-02 11
       RE: STUPID CBS Camera Tricks raakesh 10-19-02 14
           whose vehicle crashes in Portugal? Goober 10-23-02 16
               RE: whose vehicle crashes in Portug... PepeLePew13 10-23-02 17
       RE: STUPID CBS Camera Tricks tarfam 10-30-02 18

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

GTmike 1255 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

10-10-02, 02:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail GTmike Click to send private message to GTmike Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: STUPID CBS Camera Tricks"
This is the second week they have done this. Remember last week when it was a "race" b/t the twins and the soccer moms. Twins strolled in and soccer moms were sprinting. Total editing.

ejm92 2221 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

10-10-02, 05:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ejm92 Click to send private message to ejm92 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: STUPID CBS Camera Tricks"
It's been done throughout all three seasons, there have proboably only been one or two times where there was a real race, the finale of TAR2 is one of the only times where there was a real race.

TAR3Tramel 11 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

10-10-02, 09:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TAR3Tramel Click to send private message to TAR3Tramel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: STUPID CBS Camera Tricks"
This is the second week they have done this. Remember last week when it was a "race" b/t the twins and the soccer moms. Twins strolled in and soccer moms were sprinting. Total editing.

Not true. The twins and the soccer moms came in around 5-10 minutes of each other. Us and Teri/Ian... ok, it was a little more time. We would have been fine had we not missed the ferry due to something I can't talk about (*coughproductionerrorcough*).

Well El, you got your wish. We're off the tube.

-Tramel

GTmike 1255 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

10-11-02, 00:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail GTmike Click to send private message to GTmike Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: STUPID CBS Camera Tricks"
care to *cough cough elaborate*. Maybe let us read b/t the lines of a statement you make? Was the camera crew slow or did they run out of tape and have to change it out.

I am curious, is there something in the contract that says that if the production crew screws something up that it is basically "too bad?"

Sorry about the loss Tramel.

Amazing_Insider 25 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-11-02, 04:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Amazing_Insider Click to send private message to Amazing_Insider Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: STUPID CBS Camera Tricks"
Eh, this sounds like a load of crap, the bottom line is that you and your sis couldn't keep your butts on the jet ski! For someone who claimed to be an "expert" on the jet ski, your sis sure didn't know what the heck she was doing.
So, w/ these *cough cough* errors, what does this mean? I read that you guys didn't have a clue and that your ski blew up twice. Is this true? And, was it really necessary to tell the world you took a piss??!!! I can't blame you, I probably would have done the same too after all that bad luck, how much worse could it get?
Another comment, I read that your sis might be losing her job because of this whole show from all the days she missed, is this true?

You guys had a great attempt and I must say you are a cutey too, now I'm stuck watching the twins, thanks! lol

TAR3Tramel 11 desperate attention whore postings

10-17-02, 11:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TAR3Tramel Click to send private message to TAR3Tramel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: STUPID CBS Camera Tricks"
Was sis an expert on the jetski? Obviously not. Then again, I don't ever remember her saying she was, just that she's been on one before. And if you look, we fell three times and they were out of order on the show. Someone said you were a true insider, and if you were, you would know the deal with the waverunners AND the clue. Big problems there.

Either way, sis ain't losing her job. And I'm glad you think I'm a cutie (smile). Didn't think anyone would even notice me with the twins and 911 there and all.

And as far as if it's really me, think about this. Why would I impersonate someone people probably wouldn't remember? Wouldn't it make more sense to impersonate a twin? Ah well, if you don't believe, that's fine. I am Tramel though (smile).

Oh, and El, whatcha got against us? I don't mind being hated, I just wonder why.

10-18-02, 08:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ELCinOhio Click to send private message to ELCinOhio Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: STUPID CBS Camera Tricks"
Tramel-

I just didn't think some of the things you said in Episode 1 were funny, and I thought that if you were gonna be in the race for the long haul, you wouldn't be so thrilled on finishing 10th!

However you seem to be a great guy, and like I said, if I ever met you in person, would never hold anything against you.

As for my prior comments about Gary, IN. I used to live in Chicago, and we have to drive through Gary all the time to visit family in Ohio. The city SMELLED, and we all hated it. So once again, nothing personal.

Amazing_Insider 25 desperate attention whore postings

10-22-02, 01:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Amazing_Insider Click to send private message to Amazing_Insider Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: STUPID CBS Camera Tricks"
First of all, when did I say I didn't believe you were really Tramel? I believe you so much that I was wanting information from you (uhh...smile? I guess... You like writing that huh?) Second of all, who said I was a true insider? Who's talking about me behind my back? Just playin, but who is? LOL Finally, I'm sorry, but I did notice the twins being mighty cute first, but then I saw you were from Indiana and seeing as how I went to Ball State and live quite close to Indiana, I had to start rooting for you and your sis. Then, I soon realized you were a cutie! But, you did have a lot of competition w/ the twins and cop/firefighter, way to keep up our end out here in the midwest! So, now that your 15 min. of fame is ending, what are you up to now? Always wondered what one hit wonders did after their record sales stopped (not saying you're a one hit wonder...'smile')

Nikki

Esbea 7377 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-11-02, 09:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Esbea Click to send private message to Esbea Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: STUPID CBS Camera Tricks"
dont they usually give time "credits" when theres a production snag? im not asking this because i doubt you, it just seems that you guys were due some extra time (Ian wiping out your clue, the replacement of your wave runner, etc). I dont know if that would have caught you guys up or not, because they dont show us the times.

"The trouble with the rat race is that even if you win, youre still a rat"

Sophie 2407 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

10-11-02, 07:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sophie Click to send private message to Sophie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: STUPID CBS Camera Tricks"
Hey guys...do we know this is Tramel? (I probably missed that.)

;) Hi there...

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

10-11-02, 11:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: STUPID CBS Camera Tricks"
Well, he sounded sincere. And he did point out a few things that were going to happen in the first episode.
Do we KNOW it's him? No.
But I believe it is.

I also believe that Andrew'sFriendCJ (or whatever that nickname) is really Andrew's friend. He tipped us that there would be a penalty assessed for the goat cart driving.

AmazingInsider certainly sounds like he has some inside track, but so far he has only predicted the elimination of TnT, which wasn't all that hard to guess. He said he knew they went to NYC for Friday's Early Show appearance. We'll see what he tells us this week.

These reality show contestants need a reality check!

Efjendar 284 desperate attention whore postings

10-10-02, 09:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Efjendar Click to send private message to Efjendar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: STUPID CBS Camera Tricks"
None of us fell for it. And I really hate the phony pause Phil adds to build suspense. Suspense for whom? The audience? We see what happens within seconds. For the players? That is just cruel.

10-17-02, 08:16 AM (EST)
10. "RE: STUPID CBS Camera Tricks"
To Bump up my own post.

DId anyone else notice that Terri and Slave left the pitstop mere Minutes behind 911 and Dad/Son. They were much closer to 8th place than last, THANK YOU CBS!

tarfam 44 desperate attention whore postings

10-17-02, 05:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tarfam Click to send private message to tarfam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: STUPID CBS Camera Tricks"
LAST EDITED ON 10-17-02 AT 06:02 PM (EST)

Another stupid CBS Camera Trick. When the soccer mom's got Philiminated on the mat some shots showed one mom's microphone cord hanging out, in another shot the same mom's microphone cord was hidden. It seemed to me to be a totally staged Philimanation. And I don't ever remember any contestants ever running to the mat with microphone cords hanging out.

raakesh 13 desperate attention whore postings

10-19-02, 01:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail raakesh Click to send private message to raakesh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: STUPID CBS Camera Tricks"
When JVJ arrived in cambridge it was 9.10 p.m. & when they completed the detour it was 9.50 p.m..They went to search for the bus & reach just a minute before (9.59 p.m.). Was the bus so near to the river, then did the legals eagles took a taxi for a journey which just 9 mins by walk. I can't expect them to be so genrous.Another point,when JVJ asked the locals many replied they don't know.How is this possible? I think JVJ arrived just after 10 pm.

Goober 209 desperate attention whore postings

10-23-02, 00:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Goober Click to send private message to Goober Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "whose vehicle crashes in Portugal?"
Something tells me it ain't Team 911's. Another of the TAR crew's totally misleading editing. We'll know pretty soon.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-23-02, 01:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: whose vehicle crashes in Portugal?"
The impression I got was that it was Heave who did the crashing. I seem to recall seeing them standing around outside of their vehicle acting like they are trying to figure out what to do next. Dunno if they're related or merely a case of editing to make it seem like they were "there" or just next in the preview.

tarfam 44 desperate attention whore postings

10-30-02, 10:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tarfam Click to send private message to tarfam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: STUPID CBS Camera Tricks"
Sylvia answered my question about the editing of the soccer mom philimination. She says "About the mike, being seen and then not. No, that was a one shot deal. If they had made me do it twice, I would cried my eyes out! They did one time "adjust" me. Oh the power of "editing" Sylvia"

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •