The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Billy Joel Theme Night"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

carencey 263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-14-03, 01:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail carencey Click to send private message to carencey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Billy Joel Theme Night"
A friend told me that tomorrow was to be Billy Joel night, but can't give me a link to confirm. Has anyone else heard this?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Billy Joel Theme Night ejm92 04-14-03 1
   RE: Billy Joel Theme Night AZ_Leo 04-14-03 2
   RE: Billy Joel Theme Night carencey 04-14-03 3
       RE: Billy Joel Theme Night dajaki 04-14-03 4
           RE: Billy Joel Theme Night katem 04-14-03 5
       CONFIRMED Commentary Bebo 04-15-03 11
 RE: Billy Joel Theme Night drawde236 04-14-03 6
 Mariah Carey? toddE 04-14-03 7
   RE: Mariah Carey? Spidey 04-14-03 8
 RE: Billy Joel Theme Night cyclehausen 04-14-03 9
 RE: Billy Joel Theme Night Bebo 04-15-03 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

ejm92 2221 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

04-14-03, 02:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ejm92 Click to send private message to ejm92 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Billy Joel Theme Night"
They're letting the fans vote for an upcoming week on the site....I have heard Billy Joel and Mariah Carey for possible themes in upcoming weeks, and I heard that if there is a Billy Joel week, he will not be able to be the celebrity judge but would probably appear live via satellite or something.

Survior 5 Anti-Bootee Champ, Survivor 6 Anti-Bootee Chump

AZ_Leo 3526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

04-14-03, 03:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AZ_Leo Click to send private message to AZ_Leo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Billy Joel Theme Night"
I voted for Folk Music because I think it would make the judges squirm more than any of the other choices. Wouldn't you love to watch Simon have to sit through something by Bob Dylan or, better yet, Peter Paul and Mary?

carencey 263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-14-03, 04:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail carencey Click to send private message to carencey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Billy Joel Theme Night"
My friend seemed pretty sure about it being tomorrow and that Billy Joel was not going to be a guest judge, but would provide background commentary on each song chosen. Still haven't gotten the link and the only hit on google is obviously incorrect or out of date, since it's from March and refers to 12 contestants.

I voted for 'classic rock' on the site--enough countryish stuff, it has its own show.

If they have a Mariah Carey theme night, I ain't watching!

dajaki 1454 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-14-03, 06:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dajaki Click to send private message to dajaki Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Billy Joel Theme Night"
If they have a Mariah Carey theme night, I ain't watching!

Me either! Ditto on Whitney. Back in 1986-7, there was a Whitney send-up on a NYC radio station. The song they wrote with a Whitney sound-a-like singing was "Yes, My Songs All Sound the Same" to the tune of "Didn't We Almost Have It All?". How come 16 years have passed and this send-up is still applicable to Whitney and also works for Mariah?

katem 3315 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-14-03, 06:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail katem Click to send private message to katem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Billy Joel Theme Night"
>If they have a Mariah Carey theme night, I ain't watching!
>Me either! Ditto on Whitney.

LOL to both of you. I personally think they should make the kids all sing a different rendition of "What About the Children?", talking about a make me gag show

As for Billy Joel, there are a LOT of songs that these kids can sing. I can see Josh doing a pretty good rendition of "Uptown Girl" and Carmen fu<king up whatever song she chooses.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-15-03, 11:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "CONFIRMED Commentary"
From www.billyjoel.com, the official Columbia Records site:

American Idol Finalists to "Move Out" on Special Billy Joel Episode Tuesday, April 15

American Idol will feature a very special Billy Joel themed episode on Tuesday, April 15 (8-9 PM ET Live) on FOX. The special episode will also feature an exclusive "American Idol" interview with Billy Joel. Joel will also provide a brief history and commentary on each of his classic songs performed live by the seven remaining finalists.

Bebo says...919 beats 205 - I am your American Idol and the Baroness of Babedom.

drawde236 317 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-14-03, 06:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail drawde236 Click to send private message to drawde236 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Billy Joel Theme Night"
I figured that tomorrow would be Ode To Stevie Nicks Night. Fleetwood Mac has a cd coming out tomorrow and can you say "plug"? So much for logical thinking.

toddE 1433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-14-03, 06:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail toddE Click to send private message to toddE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Mariah Carey?"
First off, Billy Joel night is a serious disadvantage for the women. I'm trying to think of what song a female could pull off. Maybe Kim C. could do "Only the Good Die Young" or something. Poor Kim L. HOW can she survive this stacked deck? I have a feeling she'll be next if it is, indeed, Billy Joel night.

And if they have a Mariah Carey night, the men will be even more disadvantaged. The best possibility for a guy would be "Vision of Love" and that is even a huge stretch. Can you imagine a man singing "Butterfly" or "Dreamlover"?

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings

04-14-03, 07:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Mariah Carey?"
I dunno. I think there are several Billy Joel songs women could sing well. Honesty, You're My Home, This Is the Time, New York State of Mind, Just the Way You Are, My Life. Esp. since both Kims have lower-than-average female voices, and Trenyce can sing anything she wants. If they DO sing Billy Joel, I will at least know I won't complain about crappy song selection. Unless they sing River of Dreams and beyond crapola. Shh! Don't tell Billy I said that!

cyclehausen 1197 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-14-03, 07:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cyclehausen Click to send private message to cyclehausen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Billy Joel Theme Night"
Bob Goen just confirmed it on ET.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

04-15-03, 08:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Billy Joel Theme Night"
Hm, how is this going to affect the contestants?

Clay - Should shine. There are a number of songs he could pick and do quite well.

Joshua - Should avoid stinking. I know, some of you think even his best efforts suck, but this should be one of his better efforts, so he'll again avoid bottom 3.

Trenyce - Has the range to handle his songs, so as long as she doesn't get too theatrical, she should do well.

Kim L. - Could do quite well, but will enough people care to keep her out of the bottom 3?

Ruben - This is going to be an interesting week for him. He's going to have to leave his comfort zone. And Billy Joel songs typically require some range, which he hasn't shown so far. Still, with his fan base, he'll stick around, but this may be the week that shows some chinks in the armor.

Kim C. - She'll growl her way through something, and this is actually a favorable category for her. But given the rest of the group, is it too late?

Carmen - Again, she could find a decent song or two to really shine, or she could completely bomb.

Bebo's early, based-on-nothing-but-my-gut prediction? An all female bottom 3, with Carmen and the Kims, but Ruben finally shows a lesser effort. I just hope the right Kim gets booted.

Bebo says...919 beats 205 - I am your American Idol and the Baroness of Babedom.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •