The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Survivor Field Guide Spoiler for Colby?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

idiotcowboy 1135 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-02-01, 10:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail idiotcowboy Click to send private message to idiotcowboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Survivor Field Guide Spoiler for Colby?"
Several recent posts say that there's a picture of Colby in the Survivor Field Guide rock climbing or something... anyone have a scan of this? Does it exist? I haven't seen a field guide to know whether it does or not...

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere... but if it exists it would be a pretty major spoiler... at least for this week!

-ICB

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Survivor Field Guide Spoiler fo... ElmersGlue 04-03-01 1
   RE: Survivor Field Guide Spoiler fo... Loree 04-03-01 2
   RE: Survivor Field Guide Spoiler fo... Play2Survive 04-03-01 3
       RE: Survivor Field Guide Spoiler fo... LIZZLOVER 04-03-01 4
       RE: Survivor Field Guide Spoiler fo... ElmersGlue 04-03-01 5
           After the boot? Krautboy 04-03-01 6
   RE: Survivor Field Guide Spoiler fo... idiotcowboy 04-03-01 7
 Burn-it might be screwing with us. shakes the clown 04-03-01 8
   RE: Burn-it might be screwing with ... sthrnbelle 04-04-01 10
 Does anyone else remember... IceCat 04-04-01 9
   bump SherpaDave 04-04-01 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

ElmersGlue 57 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-03-01, 10:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ElmersGlue Click to send private message to ElmersGlue Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Survivor Field Guide Spoiler for Colby?"
well - it definately exists because I'm looking right at it. It's on page 69. I'm sorry that I don't have a scanner or I would put it on here. Looking closely I say that it is definately Colby, but I truly suck at picture analysis so take that with a grain of salt. One thing however -- he does appear to be clean shaven. In the first Survivor, they received packages from home at about the Final 5 - didn't somebody get a razor then?

for further consideration - taken from a paragraph in the back of the book about about MB's Eco Challenge...

"One section of the course was especially spectacular: A waterfall dropping hundreds of feet into a cold, black pool seemed perfect as a special challenge for the competitors. I had riggers run four ropes across the vast gorge (Eco features just four competitors per team). Competitors would plunge down the ropes and across to the other side, passing directly in front of the waterfall's thundering eminence. "Wait until you see what I have in store for you up ahead," I would enthuse to competitors just before they arrived at Herbert Falls."

So again - it looks to be Colby (but clean shaven) in the pic. Like I said before - it's hard to imagine this being a challenge because of the strength and training that would be necessary. My gut feeling says that it is the "rite of passage" before the final 3 IC.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-03-01, 11:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Survivor Field Guide Spoiler for Colby?"
Is the person in the photo (believed to be Colby) wearing his Barramundi bandana? They always wear those during a challenge.

Play2Survive 270 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-03-01, 02:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Play2Survive Click to send private message to Play2Survive Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Survivor Field Guide Spoiler for Colby?"
Is there anything in the pic (sorry don't have it) that suggests it is part of a challenge or even rite of passage? Also, are there are other pictures that are not part of show itself? I've wondered if this picture is actually from Colby climbing on his free time, possibly after he leaves show. It's hard to imagine a challenge that physically difficult, which is a stretch from Burnie's usual challenges.

LIZZLOVER 235 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-03-01, 02:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LIZZLOVER Click to send private message to LIZZLOVER Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Survivor Field Guide Spoiler for Colby?"
LAST EDITED ON 04-03-01 AT 03:11 PM (EST)

I went to Barnes and Nobles Bookstore this morning and read the Survivor 2 Field Guide book. The picture that is being discussed does not appear to be from any challenge. Of course I could be wrong. The picture is very small, and it's hard to make out exactly who it is. I do believe it's Colby though. He appears to be clean-shaven and is wearing a cowboy hat.

What I thought was interesting in the book were the strategies that each of them planned on using in the game. I only read about the ones still in the game (oh, and Jerri's). Hey Idiotcowboy, why don't you post the intersting points of strategy in this thread for say:

Tina
Liz
Amber
Nick
Jerri - just so we can get a good laugh!

Amber's struck me as odd, because we haven't seen her use this strategy so far. Apparently she was going to wait until "half way" through the game and then start a "conniving" side of her that we've yet to see so far. Tina's kind of hit home as well. It appears as if she is following her game plan so far. Could spell the end for Keith or Colby.

Thanks

Lizz Just Is

EDITED_______________________________________-

Perhaps I spoke too soon about it not being a challenge of some sort. There is a picture that appears be mountain climbing (or something along those lines). Wasn't Jerri the one with the pink top though?? Perhaps this wasn't used. Hell, I don't know!

ElmersGlue 57 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-03-01, 04:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ElmersGlue Click to send private message to ElmersGlue Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Survivor Field Guide Spoiler for Colby?"
>>Is there anything in the pic (sorry don't have it) that >>suggests it is part of a challenge or even rite of passage? >>Also, are there are other pictures that are not part of show >>itself?

no - nothing about the picture to suggest what it is. I can't make out an orange bandanna anywhere, but he is wearing a hat and one arm is behind his back holding onto the rope. It's just Colby hanging on the side of the cliff, he's wearing some sort of vest and appears to have safety lines attached....he's appears to be very high up and the waterfall is visible below him. There are no other contestants visible. There is no caption to the picture and the words on the page surrounding it are unrelated.

Looking it over - I've just about decided that he is going down the cliff - not climbing up it. I don't know how hard it is to repell, but I have seen young boys (9 and 10 years old) do it down a tower out at the Boy Scout Camp.

There are no other pictures in the book that are NOT a part of the show or from outside of the show - other than a standard head shot of Mark Burnett in the introduction.

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-03-01, 06:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "After the boot?"
LAST EDITED ON 04-03-01 AT 06:22 PM (EST)

What's to say that he doesn't get the boot, go to the ranch, eat ,shave, and go rock climbing between tribal councils. He probably can't go too far and maybe some of the crew went with him and shot the photos...

idiotcowboy 1135 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-03-01, 07:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail idiotcowboy Click to send private message to idiotcowboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Survivor Field Guide Spoiler for Colby?"
Thanks Elmers...

I went to the bookstore at lunch to today and checked out the pic... and it was right where you said it was (p69).

It's a REALLY small photo, and from a good distance... hard to tell who it is, but if it is anyone left in the game I'd agree it would have to be Colby (very unlikely... but possibly Tina!?). I don't recall seeing anything like this in the show thus far... so either it hasn't happened yet, it wasn't shown (for some reason), or it’s not from the game itself (rather unlikely).

I would also concur with your theory that if it is yet to happen it would have to be a rite of passage thing... not a challenge (in their weakened state you don't want to actually kill them now do you Mr Burn-it... do you... Mr. Burn-it?...).

As far as what he was wearing it looks like some kinda dark hat thing... maybe a cowboy hat (although kinda reminds me of Tina's hat)... but might be some kind of safety equipment I can't tell... also I see no sign of a bandana. The rest of their attire is not identifiable by me (if I wasn't so cheap I would have bought the stupid thing... but I digress).

All in all, I tend to think this was probably something earlier in the game... whoever it is does not look too worn down, and is clean shaven. Scanning through the rest of the book there is not a picture of ANY of the guys with their beards or any other visual evidence that one contestant makes it further than another... some of the women might be from latter in the game but the pics of the men are all early shots. That being said, if there is a spoiler in the book, that picture is probably it... it's small, shot from a good distance, hard to tell who it is, and without facial hair. Anyone just glancing through might think it was from early in the game... but since we haven't seen anything like it... Could MB have given us a picture in the field guide of the winner in a setting that we would only recognize once the final show has been aired? ... I wouldn't put it past him! ... but boy would it screw up the latest spoilers we’re getting!!!

-ICB

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-03-01, 08:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Burn-it might be screwing with us."
I've veen watching Burn-its other TV adventure, the eco-challenge....and I have heard it theorized on a different board that the rope-climbing pic from the Survivor Guide might in fact really be a pic from the Eco-challenge (that would explain the clean shaven look). I haven't seen the photo since January so I don't remember it very well, but I seem to remember looking at it and not being convinced that it was in fact the Colbster.

Eco has one more episode left and they haven't done he rapelling (sp?) part of the course, although they have shown sone footage of it in previews.

I wasn't going to bring this up, but I read on this thread that Colbster appears to be wearing a vest of some sort.....all of the Eco competitors wear white-ish mesh vests at all times duing the race.

Something new out of left field to consider.

sthrnbelle 8 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-04-01, 09:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sthrnbelle Click to send private message to sthrnbelle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Burn-it might be screwing with us."
I kinda think this too! The repelling in Eco challenge is tonight so it might be a good frame of reference. BTW, wasn't the playboy team an absolute hoot! LOL!

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

04-04-01, 06:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "Does anyone else remember..."
Does anyone else remember a reference to one of the challenges being located in a fairly inaccessible spot and the tribe members having to use climbing gear to ascend to the filming location.

I remember reading it somewhere and have spent a day or so looking for it but I can't remember. I initially thought that it was located in the Mitchell U of Dakota speech but its not in there.

Maybe it was on another spoiler site.

Or maybe I should switch from the blue crack to the purple crack...

I'm hoping someone else remembers this and that it may provide an explanation for the Field Guide pic.

IceCat

SherpaDave 8326 desperate attention whore postings

04-04-01, 03:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SherpaDave Click to send private message to SherpaDave Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "bump"
to move ahead of skierdude's exclamation points from hell

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •