The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Speeding Tickets Suck"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Swami 5885 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-27-04, 01:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Swami Click to send private message to Swami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Speeding Tickets Suck"
$125.00

Stoopid speed traps!

The King is dead. The Crown is tarnished. (Well, it's blurred anyway...)

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Speeding Tickets Suck minitroll 02-27-04 1
 RE: Speeding Tickets Suck LozengeofLove 02-27-04 2
 RE: Speeding Tickets Suck frisky 02-27-04 3
 RE: Speeding Tickets Suck DoodleBug 02-27-04 4
 RE: Speeding Tickets Suck Bucky Katt 02-27-04 5
   RE: Speeding Tickets Suck Swami 02-27-04 15
       RE: Speeding Tickets Suck PepeLePew13 02-27-04 17
       RE: Speeding Tickets Suck Bucky Katt 02-27-04 18
 RE: Speeding Tickets Suck Tiger Lily 02-27-04 6
 RE: Speeding Tickets Suck Monicanada 02-27-04 7
 I don't get it... wandacal 02-27-04 8
 RE: Speeding Tickets Suck Steen 02-27-04 9
   RE: Speeding Tickets Suck Devious Weasel 02-27-04 10
   RE: Speeding Tickets Suck Tiger Lily 02-27-04 11
 My condolences kiki_k 02-27-04 12
   RE: My condolences Swami 02-27-04 16
 Doesn't that moonbaby 02-27-04 13
 RE: Speeding Tickets Suck deerhunter 02-27-04 14
 RE: Speeding Tickets Suck anotherkim 02-27-04 19
 RE: Speeding Tickets Suck probably clueless 02-28-04 20
 RE: Speeding Tickets Suck Wheezy 02-28-04 21
   RE: Speeding Tickets Suck Swami 02-28-04 22
       RE: Speeding Tickets Suck Wheezy 02-28-04 23
 RE: Speeding Tickets Suck ballerina_of_doom 02-28-04 24
 RE: Speeding Tickets Suck Silvergirl1 02-28-04 25
 RE: Speeding Tickets Suck pythonfan 02-28-04 26

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

minitroll 3901 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

02-27-04, 01:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail minitroll Click to send private message to minitroll Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Speeding Tickets Suck"
Doh! Poor Swami.

LozengeofLove 1060 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

02-27-04, 01:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LozengeofLove Click to send private message to LozengeofLove Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Speeding Tickets Suck"
I concur! And parking tickets suck too! Especially ones that you can't find that have to be paid within 10 days...

crap

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

02-27-04, 02:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Speeding Tickets Suck"
ooo...I'll bet you said that dirty eff word. I? Am the parking ticket queen, but anytime I've been stopped for speeding I've only received warnings.

*FLASH*

Card-carrying RBBRTFHLA/Sugar Ho Division
Non-Embezzling GAWKUR Treasurer

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings

02-27-04, 02:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Speeding Tickets Suck"
I received a ticket for running a red light (I did NOT run the red light... I sped up on yellow and the dern thing turned red on me as I was going through the intersection). That sucker was $100. I feel your pain.

Snazzy new sigpic by Slice
Ding dong the king is dead.

Bucky Katt 3146 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-27-04, 02:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bucky%20Katt Click to send private message to Bucky%20Katt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Speeding Tickets Suck"
Can you challenge them? I did that once and had to appear in court over a year later. The cop didn't show up and the sppeding violation was voided. I challenge them just on principle - I believe that speeding tickets have more to do with stuffing government coffers then they do road safety and I will make it as difficult as possible for them to collect that tax.

"How 'bout a birdy? I got a little birdy right here."

02-27-04, 06:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Swami Click to send private message to Swami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Speeding Tickets Suck"
I can but I probably won't because it's too much bother. I told the cop I was going 70 (in a 60 mile zone) & I am sure i was. I had just merged onto the freeway and then pulled into the left lane behind another car when we went under the laser scan. He braked at once & pulled into the slow lane. I slowed too, because there were cop cars on both sides of the road with people pulled over. But I was very surprised to see the flashing light behind me about 30 seconds later. I think I got the other guy's ticket.

PepeLePew13 26135 desperate attention whore postings

02-27-04, 06:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Speeding Tickets Suck"
Hmmmm. In that situation, I'd be lining up to scream at the city's traffic clerks that I'm filing an appeal and going to get the ticket repealed.

I can do without the increase in insurance that would likely follow a speeding ticket of any kind. Insurance costs up here are spiralling out of control -- some people have had increases as much as 200% just for getting a speeding ticket or having a minor dent.

Bucky Katt 3146 desperate attention whore postings

02-27-04, 07:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bucky%20Katt Click to send private message to Bucky%20Katt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Speeding Tickets Suck"
In my neck of the woods, all you have to do appeal is mail the ticket (or a copy of the ticket) in and right on it "I am appealing this ticket". You then wait for months and months to get your date in traffic court.

"How 'bout a birdy? I got a little birdy right here."

Tiger Lily 1679 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

02-27-04, 02:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tiger%20Lily Click to send private message to Tiger%20Lily Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Speeding Tickets Suck"
LAST EDITED ON 02-27-04 AT 02:40 PM (EST)

Sorry, Swami. Speeding tickets do indeed suck. I was required to go to court for my last one because I was going 20 over. Complete waste of time and court fees. A whole 30 seconds I spent in front of that judge just for him to give me the same fine I would have had to pay had I been able to mail it in. He didn't even sentence me to traffic school, like he did everyone in front of me.

Oh, and Bucky? You rock.

Monicanada 532 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-27-04, 02:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Monicanada Click to send private message to Monicanada Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Speeding Tickets Suck"
I feel you. Tell me, what is so wrong with going 147 km/h in a 100. And why the heck does it cost $365.

Created by the amazing J Slice!
No longer speeds RMMW!

wandacal 4018 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

02-27-04, 05:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail wandacal Click to send private message to wandacal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "I don't get it..."
the last time I got caught streaking I was ordered to cease and desist immediately and was fined for immoral and lewd public behavior, but it was only $20.00 and I didn't have to go in front of the judge but I did get 10 hours of community service washing police cars and -

What?

Oh.

I've never gotten a speeding ticket.

]

Praise JSlice!
;Lead Clerk

Steen 1544 desperate attention whore postings

02-27-04, 05:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Steen Click to send private message to Steen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Speeding Tickets Suck"
My Car shakes when I got faster than 40. I'm usually the slowpoke on the road going the speed limit. Sorry in advance!

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings

02-27-04, 05:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Speeding Tickets Suck"
You named your car after Shakes?

Tiger Lily 1679 desperate attention whore postings

02-27-04, 05:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tiger%20Lily Click to send private message to Tiger%20Lily Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Speeding Tickets Suck"
Ugh. Don't you hate that? Mine won't accelerate above 30 MPH when it's less than 40 degrees outside (until I've been driving for at least 20 minutes. Then it speeds up). They key also gets stuck in the ignition during those low temperatures, and I usually have to sit in my car for ten minutes trying to turn it into the off position.

Oh, and also, I have no tail lights or emergency hazards (and no money to fix them), so I can't drive at night.

/whine.

kiki_k 1444 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

02-27-04, 05:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kiki_k Click to send private message to kiki_k Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "My condolences"
Sincerely. They do suck. I have one pending were I was busted going 98 mph in a 55 mph zone -- a teensy bit bad, huh? I don't have any idea how much that one's going to hurt the pocket book.

compliments of GeorgiaBelle

All happy families resemble one another, but each unhappy family is unhappy in its own way

02-27-04, 06:52 PM (EST)
16. "RE: My condolences"
(Consults the handy chart on the back of her ticket) In Ramsey County MN that would cost you $215 for the speed, plus there are about 10 boxes of various other "unsafe" notes that can also be checked--most of them about $115 bucks more each. I'm guessing if you were going that fast a cop would give you some add-ons.

moonbaby 17120 desperate attention whore postings

02-27-04, 06:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "Doesn't that"
flying carpet have a radar dectector?

deerhunter 3325 desperate attention whore postings

02-27-04, 06:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail deerhunter Click to send private message to deerhunter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Speeding Tickets Suck"
You were speeding in Mn. in Feb.! You must be very Brave! I'm lucky if I even get to the speed limit.

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

02-27-04, 07:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Speeding Tickets Suck"
I always knew you were a fast one, honey.

Miscellaneous Ramblings
--Kim hearts Swami

probably clueless 5782 desperate attention whore postings

02-28-04, 06:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail probably%20clueless Click to send private message to probably%20clueless Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Speeding Tickets Suck"
Based on some stupid laws of physics, I can't exceed 11 MPH.

A Kittyloaf®Original
*Not in a rush*

Wheezy 9153 desperate attention whore postings

02-28-04, 11:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Wheezy Click to send private message to Wheezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Speeding Tickets Suck"

I believe I have passed the age of 'cute enough to get a warning this time'. Or maybe it's the screaming children in the back seat. Or the fact I'm driving a minivan that just isn't working for me anymore...*sigh*

I'm sorry Swami, that really stinks.

Wheeze

heh heh.

02-28-04, 11:27 AM (EST)
22. "RE: Speeding Tickets Suck"
Oh Wheezy, I was so moved by your sympathy! Right up until you said heh heh and farted.

Wheezy 9153 desperate attention whore postings

02-28-04, 11:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Wheezy Click to send private message to Wheezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Speeding Tickets Suck"

I save my farting for only the best moments. If you are lucky, some day you may post something worthy of the kibbler ;)

Wheeze

Wheeze.hearts.Swami.

ballerina_of_doom 1462 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

02-28-04, 12:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ballerina_of_doom Click to send private message to ballerina_of_doom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Speeding Tickets Suck"
LAST EDITED ON 02-28-04 AT 12:03 PM (EST)

Last time I got a ticket...I was going 52 in a 40. Now normally I might have gotten off with a warning, but 1) i drive a sporty ragtop, which usually pisses people off...and more importantly 2) the officer's name was "Swallows", and quite frankly, it was just too damn easy. "That's not a name, it's a sentence." "So, my friend Jerry wants to know...'Do you?' " oh it was endless....and what happened was just not pretty.....

I didn't get out of that one...

ps, he was cute, too....no sense of humor though....

Silvergirl1 9342 desperate attention whore postings

02-28-04, 12:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Silvergirl1 Click to send private message to Silvergirl1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Speeding Tickets Suck"

This is so true! I only received one speeding ticket back in 1984, and I still can't get over it's suckiness, and the fact that it cost me $50.

I was driving along, on a spring day when the weather is so great that it elevates your mood. I just came off a 65 mph highway and forgot to slow down to the 35 mph road speed. The cop took my speed reading just before I slowed down. I'm sure he thought I had seen him, and that was why I was slowing down, but it wasn't. The month before this, I had gotten off with a warning. I was taking my anger (room mate problems) out on my gas pedal that time, and the officer let me off with a warning.

*Hugs and bumbles*

Official Mermaid Spokesperson of the A.S.S. be the Survivor Game

pythonfan 3348 desperate attention whore postings

02-28-04, 12:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pythonfan Click to send private message to pythonfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Speeding Tickets Suck"
That sucks Swami.

I got a speeding ticket once. It was July. I was about 12 months pregnant and was late taking my kitten to the vet. The day before Pythonkid #1 had flung the tiny thing down the hallway, thought it might have had a broken leg. (It did not). I was going 77 in a 55. The cop, however, did not care that the cat was screaming, the tot was crying, and I was about to give birth there on the side of the road. He gave me a big old ticket. My daughter was born the next day BTW. I hope the cop read it in the paper and felt bad. LOL

really, don't think I would have gotten the ticket if I hadn't had the kid with me.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •