The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"TAR red herrings???"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Spoiler/Speculation Forum (Protected)
Original message

TAR Junkie 38 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-06-05, 08:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TAR%20Junkie Click to send private message to TAR%20Junkie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"TAR red herrings???"
All through the message boards posts appear from someone who has seen something on one of the legs, and that get's speculation started as to the winner of the leg or the race. Does snyone think that the TAR producers are above planting phoney posts on the message boards to divert attention from the correct prediction to stimulate a surprise ending? Predicting the outcome has become a big sport but all the cards are in the hands of the TAR producers.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: TAR red herrings??? seahorse 05-06-05 1
   RE: TAR red herrings??? cdru 05-06-05 2
 RE: TAR red herrings??? cdru 05-06-05 3
 RE: TAR red herrings??? gatortod 05-06-05 4
   RE: TAR red herrings??? tigellinus 05-06-05 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-06-05, 10:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: TAR red herrings???"
They are also probably not above making some bets on the wrong team knowing that the information would get out. That would be neat.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

cdru 31 desperate attention whore postings

05-06-05, 12:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cdru Click to send private message to cdru Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: TAR red herrings???"
Except for FCC regulations on game shows (which TAR is classified as), the loss of reputation about being rigged, as well as online offshore gambling being a grey area at best and completely illegal at most. No CBS lawyer or exec would EVER sign off on pulling a betting stunt like that, but because the negative repercussions would far exceed any type of benefit they would get by trying to throw us off. Besides, relatively few people follow these forums compared to the total number of viewers.

cdru 31 desperate attention whore postings

05-06-05, 12:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cdru Click to send private message to cdru Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: TAR red herrings???"
Occam's Razor: One should make no more assumptions than needed.

IOW, go with the simplest explanation instead of an overly complex one. TAR producers don't have to plant phony posts. Fans already do it enough.

Look at the London fake photos posted a few weeks ago. Essentially is came down to someone who wanted win a bet with a friend that he could generate traffic regarding his fake picture. He wanted his 15 minutes of being "cool", just like what many fake spoilers are intended to do.

Do the high up producers visit these types of forums? I'd actually be suprised if they do. Does some lowly production assistant? I'd be suprised if they didn't.

Your right, all the cards are in the hands of the producers. They want to produce as good of a show as they can to attract and maintain as many viewers as they want. More viewers = more advertising money. However, they aren't going to go about it in a way that could possibly jepordize the integrity of the show to a point where it costs them viewers.

gatortod 244 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-06-05, 12:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail gatortod Click to send private message to gatortod Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: TAR red herrings???"
Phony posts by TAR producers seems a bit "unethical". However, I can see them reading the spoiler boards before planning their previews for the next week's show. As a producer, it would be fun to try and get the chatter going one direction knowing that the show will go another.

This season it seemed like the producers were quick to tell us to what country the TAR contestants were headed.

tigellinus 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-06-05, 01:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tigellinus Click to send private message to tigellinus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: TAR red herrings???"
yeah, I agree that I don't think anything has been done to intentionally mislead anyone other than misdirected editing/previews

...but it would be interesting if Rob and Amber (making their bets from Mass and Cal) would heavily bet on U/J to totally throw everyone off so then they could surprise all viewers in the end at the finale by defying the betting spoiler and defying the odds (winning TWO million dollar reality TV shows) and putting on an intense and edge of your seat ending that could just be encapsulating enough to get people to watch their wedding special.

One big elaborate plan to get wedding ratings? I could see it, and didn't the bets happen really early at the show's start anyway?

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •