The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Depatures and Arrivals"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Spoiler/Speculation Forum (Protected)
Original message

beau_30 952 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

05-03-05, 02:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail beau_30 Click to send private message to beau_30 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Depatures and Arrivals"
U/J and G/M landed in Istanbul, Turkey at 6:27 am, while rob and Amber landed in at 8:24 am. Which is a total of 1 hour and 53 minutes difference.
(These times are not accuarte)
The train that U/J and G/M got on left at 6:30
R/A got on a train that left at 8:30
R/K got on a train that left at 8:45

Ferry Ride
U/J and G/M got on the ferry at 7:15
R/A got on the ferry at about 9:45
R/K got on the ferry at about 10:00

Then from there, I dont now the times but Im thinking by the looks of it.

U/J reached the pit stop about 3:00pm
G/M = 3:45 pm
R/A = 5:45 pm
R/K = 6:00 pm

If so then they will leave at the following times
3 am, 3:45 am, 5:45 am, and 6 am. but im not sure. I can't find any time from the schedule on the istanbul train or ferry and its really making me made.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Depatures and Arrivals GottaLoveTAR 05-03-05 1
   RE: Depatures and Arrivals beau_30 05-03-05 4
   RE: Depatures and Arrivals aquariaqueen 05-03-05 6
 RE: Depatures and Arrivals RBA 05-03-05 2
 RE: Depatures and Arrivals RBA 05-03-05 3
   RE: Depatures and Arrivals pmspml5 05-03-05 5
 RE: Depatures and Arrivals cdru 05-03-05 7
   RE: Depatures and Arrivals pmspml5 05-03-05 8
       RE: Depatures and Arrivals ARnutz 05-03-05 9
           RE: Depatures and Arrivals pmspml5 05-03-05 10
               RE: Depatures and Arrivals Gingerman28 05-03-05 11
                   RE: Depatures and Arrivals cdru 05-03-05 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

GottaLoveTAR 76 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-03-05, 09:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail GottaLoveTAR Click to send private message to GottaLoveTAR Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Depatures and Arrivals"
>U/J and G/M landed in Istanbul,
>Turkey at 6:27 am, while
>rob and Amber landed in
>at 8:24 am. Which is
>a total of 1 hour
>and 53 minutes difference.

It's actually one hour and fifty-seven minutes. Do the math, dude. If the difference was one hour and 53 minutes, the times would have to be 6:27 and 8:20 or 6:31 and 8:24.

>If so then they will leave
>at the following times
>3 am, 3:45 am, 5:45 am,
>and 6 am. but im
>not sure. I can't find
>any time from the schedule
>on the istanbul train or
>ferry and its really making
>me made.

Uhh....how much forum experience do you have?

beau_30 952 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

05-03-05, 10:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail beau_30 Click to send private message to beau_30 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Depatures and Arrivals"
i chat in livejournal, imdb and Im new here. So probably a lot, also my online class. Yeah I noticed the mistake. Usually im good at math, I have a 91 in my math class at the moment in ITT. So I was tired last night. It could happen.

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

05-03-05, 11:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Depatures and Arrivals"

>Uhh....how much forum experience do you
>have?

Play nice with the new people.....

RBA 129 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-03-05, 09:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail RBA Click to send private message to RBA Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Depatures and Arrivals"
Well, the Germanwings flight leaves at 3:55 AM. to Koln. So would that mean they do more task in Turkey, before they get a flight?

RBA 129 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-03-05, 09:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail RBA Click to send private message to RBA Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Depatures and Arrivals"
The best flight to take for everyone without taking a risk would be this flight:

Turkish Airlines
Flight 1979 8:05am
Istanbul, Turkey (IST) 10:05am
London, Great Britain (LHR) 4hrs - Nonstop

pmspml5 3263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-03-05, 10:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pmspml5 Click to send private message to pmspml5 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Depatures and Arrivals"
Yes - but we know that some teams do not take this flight - and risk it on the earlier flight - lets see tonight what happens.

cdru 31 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-03-05, 12:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cdru Click to send private message to cdru Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Depatures and Arrivals"
I'd say your timing for U/J is about right, maybe a little later judging from the longer shadows. M/G I'd put between 30-45 minutes behind U/J. I think you gave too much time between M/G and R/A. M/G struggled with the detour, both in getting to the clue box, finding the scales, and then completing it. R/A (and R/K) both seemed to find and complete their detours relatively quickly. I'd put R/A no more then 1 1/2 hours behind M/G and R/K 10 minutes behind that.

05-03-05, 12:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pmspml5 Click to send private message to pmspml5 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Depatures and Arrivals"
I dont think you can really tell in the way they edit it as far as the times are. The week before you would have thought that M/G was way behind however the teams were less then 15 min apart from 1st to 4th place.

ARnutz 13937 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-03-05, 01:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Depatures and Arrivals"
I hate that about the show. We never know until the teams leave the pitstop in the following episode how far they really are apart.

Still, given U/J's almost flawless leg last week, they should have a pretty good lead leaving the pitstop this week. I just hope they don't start the episode with bunching!

I don't think M/G are still almost 2 hours ahead of Romber, given the struggle Gretchen had with the roadblock last week.

'nutz: Proud member of the inoffensive OT Triumvirate... and Shroomhater! - shroom go boom!

05-03-05, 01:25 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Depatures and Arrivals"
I just think that their lead is enough that R/A take the risk of the other flight - why else do it?

Gingerman28 380 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-03-05, 02:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Gingerman28 Click to send private message to Gingerman28 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Depatures and Arrivals"
LAST EDITED ON 05-03-05 AT 02:16 PM (EST)

Sorry, but Beau has the times all wrong. To start with the sun sets at 4:36PM in Istanbul during the first week in December. Thus Beau has M/G, R/A and R/K arriving after sunset. Impossible since all teams are casting shadows when they arrive, also the sun is shining right into their faces so we estimate time of arrivals at follows:

U/J - 10:45AM

M/G - 12:15PM

R/A - 1:25PM

R/K - 1:45PM

Thus plenty of time for R/A or R/K or both to make the Germanwings flight at 3:55AM

cdru 31 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-03-05, 04:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cdru Click to send private message to cdru Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Depatures and Arrivals"
I didn't realize that sunset was so early. So my times would get shifted up by a little over 2 hours then.

"High Noon" was at 11:52 in early December, and you can clearly see a significant shadow, approximately 6-8 feet in size, behind U/J as they approach the mat. This same shadow is there for all other teams, progressively getting larger for the latter teamsn up to approximately 2x the size for R/K. The presence of the shadow in the same direction as the other teams would mean that U/J got to the mat well after 11:52, I'd say close to 1:00p or 1:30p. Since U/J had a near perfect leg, and R/A didn't, they would be at least 2 hours behind. R/A had a decent race and I don't think that they could have done anything significantly better, so I'm going to keep them at a little over 2 hours behind U/J.

I'd figure that the entire roadblock took around 30 minutes average to complete from arriving at the castle to opening the door. That puts M/G arriving at the pitstop at least a half hour after U/J. I don't think that all the running up and down in that tower to find the clue put them more then 30-45 minutes behind U/J, and with the struggling that Gretchen did, I'll give her an extra few minutes over the other teams to finish the roadblock. This gets M/G to the pitstop around 45-60 minutes after U/J. Still with plenty of time for R/A not to be seen yet.

Ron is clearly seen still looking for the key on top of the castle, so give him 15 minutes to find it, get hooked up to repel, unhook (but not climb out of his climbing gear), let Kelly in, and run up to the pit stop.

My final revised times are:
U/A - 1:30p
M/G - 2:15p-2:30p
R/A - 3:45p
R/K - 4:00p

I guess we'll see how good everyone's logic is in a few hours.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •