The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Trains in India"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Earl Colby Pottinger 2597 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

08-25-05, 12:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to send private message to Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Trains in India"
So far in every TAR I have seen in India when it comes to the trains the comments are always very negative.

Aside from heat (which we can expect) it seem to be the only thing that all TAR racers have a common opinion on.

Are they really that bad? I don't remember such comments for trains in any other poor country.

Must the race use the trains? Because of distances between towns it seems so.

Or is it just me?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Trains in India Femme 08-25-05 1
 RE: Trains in India bullzeye 08-25-05 2
   RE: Trains in India oz4ever 08-25-05 3
       RE: Trains in India Earl Colby Pottinger 08-26-05 4
       RE: Trains in India bullzeye 08-29-05 5
 RE: Trains in India redbaronii 08-30-05 6
   RE: Trains in India bullzeye 09-01-05 7
       RE: Trains in India Swami 09-20-05 8
           RE: Trains in India Earl Colby Pottinger 09-20-05 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Femme 3621 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

08-25-05, 03:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Femme Click to send private message to Femme Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Trains in India"
I would guess that they really are that bad, and that no, they don't have to use them, but choose to. If they can add more stress to the teams by making them endure a stinky, horrible train ride when they are tired, dirty, possibly travel-sick, aware of the following cameras that will emphasize their negative traits, and keyed up to win a million dollars... it makes for good TV. People get bitchy and snarky, and the way they deal with that (fighting with partner, yelling at locals, complaining, cracking inapproproate jokes) all are interesting to the viewer.

bullzeye 5030 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-25-05, 03:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bullzeye Click to send private message to bullzeye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Trains in India"
Having travelled a portion of India on the train system I can attest that unfortunately - they are every bit as bad as the program makes them out to be - particularly the commuter trains where the addage "every man for himself" is taken to new extremes. Jostling, pushing, grabbing, groping - thats all part of the game. And - if you happen to be a white woman - all bets are off.

oz4ever 1604 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

08-25-05, 06:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail oz4ever Click to send private message to oz4ever Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Trains in India"
Well at least their trains in India seem to come according to the timetable. If TAR ever used the trains in Sydney you would see them sitting around Central all day because every train would get cancelled.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

08-26-05, 07:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to send private message to Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Trains in India"
You mean more bunching?

08-29-05, 01:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bullzeye Click to send private message to bullzeye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Trains in India"
Yes - that is true - Indian trains are notorious for keeping on schedule. It used to be that way in Britain as well - must be something the Brits introduced in the colonial days....

redbaronii 171 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-30-05, 04:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail redbaronii Click to send private message to redbaronii Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Trains in India"
LAST EDITED ON 08-30-05 AT 04:02 PM (EST)

Well, consider how densely populated is India, and how undeveloped the country is, it's not very uncommon issue. I have not been to India myself, but my aunt did and she say "it's just horrible".

India train may comes on schedule, but Japanese ones are like prompt as not even ONE minute late.

09-01-05, 11:24 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Trains in India"
Where in India did your Aunt visit? The reason I ask is that there are some breathtaking parts of India. Unfortunately - one must try and look past the abject poverty to see the underlying beauty of one of the oldest civilizations in the world. I would strongly recommend that anyone who has not seen it, go see for themselves. It is an amazing place.

Swami 5885 desperate attention whore postings

09-20-05, 11:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Swami Click to send private message to Swami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Trains in India"
I travelled all over India by train some years ago. Yes, it is not the easiest way to travel--but you really get to see and experience the country & culture by train. Most of the time it's right in your face, lol, so if you're having a culture-shock moment it will be extreme. I enjoyed these travels a lot. FWIW long distance travel in India by bus is way, way worse. I would much rather take the train.

That said, the commuter trains in Bombay are incredibly crowded & intense in the slowest part of the day. At peak times they are impossible. And the groping (which the producers would absolutely know about) is beyond unpleasant. I don't think it is ethical for CBS to put unsuspecting women onto these trains to be groped. Men are not harrassed in the same manner (or rarely so, I think) so it is just not fair. Neither does it advance the game. It is pointless torture.

09-20-05, 12:31 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Trains in India"
Why did they not send Lori and Bolo to India, "I pity the fool who pinches Lori's bum"

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •