The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Quick question about next week's episode (Guidos, Mom/Emily)"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Spoiler/Speculation Forum (Protected)
Original message

ykchan 58 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-25-01, 01:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ykchan Click to send private message to ykchan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Quick question about next week's episode (Guidos, Mom/Emily)"
My VCR stopped before the preview for next week's episode finished. They said something about the Guidos making a mistake and finding them in a precarious position, then showed them hugging Mom and Emily. Did they say anything? What seemed to have happened?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Quick question about next week'... SkyRaider 10-25-01 1
 RE: Quick question about next week'... Goldielocks 10-25-01 2
   RE: Quick question about next week'... GreatDarkSpot 10-25-01 3
       RE: Quick question about next week'... Goldielocks 10-25-01 4
           RE: Quick question about next week'... FnMfan 10-29-01 10
       RE: Quick question about next week'... plimtuna 10-25-01 7
 Preview Transcript Survivorerist 10-25-01 5
   RE: Preview Transcript ykchan 10-25-01 6
       Guido's mistake... SurvivorBlows 10-25-01 8
 RE: Quick question about next week'... Styxfan 10-25-01 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

SkyRaider 1301 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

10-25-01, 01:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SkyRaider Click to send private message to SkyRaider Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Quick question about next week's episode (Guidos, Mom/Emily)"
I think that was about it, as far as Team Momily and Team Guido were concerned as far as next week's previews.

Goldielocks 51 desperate attention whore postings

10-25-01, 08:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Goldielocks Click to send private message to Goldielocks Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Quick question about next week's episode (Guidos, Mom/Emily)"
The previews showed Mom and Emily having a hard time getting waited on at a ticket counter(Muslim country=men cannot speak to women who are not family out on the street) and indicating that the Guidos help them get a ticket. The preview goes on to show the Guidos and say something along the lines of them making a bad mistake in judgement (they look to be in a train station). Whether or not this takes place after they help Mom and Emily is anyone's guess.

GreatDarkSpot 48 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-25-01, 12:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail GreatDarkSpot Click to send private message to GreatDarkSpot Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Quick question about next week's episode (Guidos, Mom/Emily)"
For the record, India is a Hindu country although there is a large Moslem minority. I doubt that the person refusing to serve Nancy is doing it because he's a Moslem. He's probably just a sexist asshole.

Goldielocks 51 desperate attention whore postings

10-25-01, 02:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Goldielocks Click to send private message to Goldielocks Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Quick question about next week's episode (Guidos, Mom/Emily)"
In my defense, I was not slamming the Muslim faith, simply pointing out a possible explanation of what was occuring in the scene. If the clerk was Muslim, it is highly possible that he would not help Nancy and Emily because of their gender, leaving them no choice but to seek help from the Guidos (which keeps this response on topic!)

FnMfan 27 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-29-01, 12:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FnMfan Click to send private message to FnMfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Quick question about next week's episode (Guidos, Mom/Emily)"
ok let me get this straight this coz I am a muslim.

men are allow to talk to women in this religion. there is no single statement in the holy book that they can't communicate. Hope that clarify. & I hope this would not start any religious discussions tho!

plimtuna 55 desperate attention whore postings

10-25-01, 05:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail plimtuna Click to send private message to plimtuna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Quick question about next week's episode (Guidos, Mom/Emily)"
With all the recent news about Islam and India and Pakistan I thought that I had heard that India had the second larges Muslim population in the world, after Malayesia ( about 120 Million).

I just searched the web and found this site that says in 1991 the popoulation was expected to be 101 million, so 120 million today is not unresasonable...It is supposedly more than even Pakistan and Afghanistan.

http://www.cs.colostate.edu/~malaiya/india.html#Religion:%20Minorities%20in%20South%20Asia

Just trying to help.

Survivorerist 4103 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-25-01, 04:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Survivorerist Click to send private message to Survivorerist Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Preview Transcript"
LAST EDITED ON 10-25-01 AT 04:58 PM (EST)

Phil Keoghan: On the next episode of The Amazing Race...

Phil Keoghan: Bad taxi drivers...
Rob: Are we going in the opposite direction of the Taj Mahal?
Phil Keoghan: Hamper Rob and Brennan's progress.
Brennan: Our cab driver can't stay awake, he's gone to get some tea.
Phil Keoghan: Sexism makes Nancy and Emily lose valuable time.
Emily: He's not gonna help you so just stop.
Nancy: The man would not sell tickets to women.
Phil Keoghan: And a mistake puts the Guidos in a precarious situation.
Nancy: We were a whole lot happier to see them than they were to see us.
Joe: We don't know what the hell is going on anymore.

Don't know if I got all the names right, but this was the best I could do. Hope it answers your question.

"Aren't instruments fun?"
-Alyson Hannigan, American Pie 2

ykchan 58 desperate attention whore postings

10-25-01, 05:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ykchan Click to send private message to ykchan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Preview Transcript"
LAST EDITED ON 10-25-01 AT 05:16 PM (EST)

YES, this does answer my question. I had missed those two lines by Nancy and Joe completely, and am now wondering what "mistake" the Waldos (is that better than Bert & Ernie? I think those two, especially Bert, have had their reps slammed enough this month ) made. I guess it's about time, seeing as they've made very few (relative to everyone else). Heck, they opted for the bikes and still beat the lawyers who took the glider. Can't wait for the next episode.

Also, an off-topic remark: this is by far the best TAR message board I have been to. Lots of interesting comments, constructive criticisms, thoughtful predictions, and no unnecessary over-the-top remarks. Keep it coming.

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-25-01, 05:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Guido's mistake..."

My feeling is that another they arrived earlier than Momily (and therefore leave before them,) them end up either going the wrong way on the way to the train station or they get on the wrong train and are forced to return to the station.

It's then at this point when they see Momily and are put in the "precarious" position of basically being forced to help them buy tickets (because come on, even the biggest slime shouldn't be able to walk past them and not help.

I have to think that DEEP DOWN (ok, REALLY REALLY deep) the Guidos have an ounce of two of compassion and, given their lifestyle, likely having been the victims of prejudice many times in their own lives, would be willing to help Momily -- even if they aren't happy about it.

-SB

Styxfan 64 desperate attention whore postings

10-25-01, 08:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Styxfan Click to send private message to Styxfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Quick question about next week's episode (Guidos, Mom/Emily)"
My thoughts about the preview were that the Guidos made some kind of mistake that allowed Mom/Emily to get ahead of them since it showed Nancy trying to get a ticket and then giving up when the guy wouldn't sell her one. So then they walk outside and what do you know, there's the Guidos! I don't think the Guidos would have stopped to hug them if they were there first. They would have kept going. Of course, that's just my opinion.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •