The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Compassion and Concern"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

MakeItStop 1098 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

08-31-01, 04:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MakeItStop Click to send private message to MakeItStop Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Compassion and Concern"
First, let me apologize for bringing up this subject again. I know that many of you feel that enough has been said. Second, let me say that I am not taking sides. I wasn't involved and I don't have all the facts. I think that we all agree that misunderstandings occurred and feelings got hurt. And perhaps things were said that people wish they hadn't said. Third, I am not blaming anyone for anything. I just want to express my concern.

I have a deep concern that two valuable members (two that I know of, are there others?) of this community are not posting any more. Am I the only one that has noticed this? This greatly concerns me. Why aren't they posting? My only guess is that they don't feel welcome here anymore (for whatever reason, the reason doesn't matter). Perhaps, they feel like outcasts. This could not have been the end result that we were looking for, could it? Well, they are not outcasts in my mind, they are valuable members of this community and I want them to know that I welcome them back with open arms. I know that you all are compassionate people. Can't we show compassion for two of our own? I hope so. I hope it's not too late.

MakeItStop - who hopes that no ones feelings got hurt over this post.

P.S. I originally posted this on the BV forum but I think some of you are boycotting that forum, so I am posting it here.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Compassion and Concern dangerkitty 08-31-01 1
 RE: Compassion and Concern VampKira 08-31-01 2
 RE: Compassion and Concern ItzLisa 08-31-01 3
 RE: Compassion and Concern VampKira 08-31-01 4
 RE: Compassion and Concern Survivorerist 09-01-01 5
   RE: Compassion and Concern SherpaDave 09-05-01 7
 RE: Compassion and Concern LadyT 09-01-01 6
   RE: Compassion and Concern dabo 09-05-01 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

dangerkitty 1913 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

08-31-01, 05:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dangerkitty Click to send private message to dangerkitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Compassion and Concern"
Make It Stop, thank you for your brave and thoughfully written post. I share your concern and compassion. I do think this post is best placed on the OT board rather than BV, so I'm going to respond to it here.

I actually have a lot of thoughts around this whole issue, but now is not the time to go into that. Just speaking for myself, I am calling out to those of you who are not posting, who are not sure if you are welcome, who wonder how they are being perceived due to their friendships and interactions, ANYONE who is uncomfortable or unsure about what to do now: I care about you. I miss you. I want to see your posts here. I won't invalidate your feelings by saying anything like "you shouldn't feel that way...", "don't think that..." etc. I am not in your shoes, and I won't presume to tell you how to feel. I can only tell you how I feel: I care about you. I miss you. I want to see your posts here.

If you think that I'm talking to you, I am.

dangerkitty

VampKira 4433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

08-31-01, 05:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VampKira Click to send private message to VampKira Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Compassion and Concern"
MIS... my opinion may differ somwhat from our wonderful Dangerkitty. My feelings are this, and then I will NOT comment any further on the matter.. I believe that the thresd that AK started on BV says it all.. All had a chance to respond and express their feelings.. My opinion is that if some people choose not to post right now.. or ever again for that matter, perhaps there is a reason for that....We should all just let this die. The debate has gone on too long, and I for one am SICK of it..

"See, it's not about races...just places, faces...Where your blood
comes from is where your space is. I've seen the bright get duller... I'm not gonna spend my life being a color."

Du ar min hjälte, Supermänniska

ItzLisa 3350 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

08-31-01, 06:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ItzLisa Click to send private message to ItzLisa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Compassion and Concern"
MakeItStop, you have a heart of gold for posting this.

My position on it is that two of the people who went after each other's throats last week are both very close friends. I have stayed out of it, much as I've wanted to speak up, because to show support for one is to show disloyalty to the other. And so here I am, not knowing how it started, not knowing who's wrong and who's right, and not really caring. Like Vampy, I wish it would just die out now. Like DangerKitty, I wish those not posting would come back and know. I sincerly hope both parties know that, despite my silence, I love them both very much. Beyond that, this is all I can speak out about it.

(With the exception of either shtooping or killing interns, I'd make a hell of a politician, wouldn't I?)

VampKira 4433 desperate attention whore postings

08-31-01, 11:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VampKira Click to send private message to VampKira Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Compassion and Concern"
Guess what folks... I lied.. That's right.. your Vampy lied.. I lied because I said I would have nothing more to say on this matter.. and I AM going to say something again. NOT that I wanted to.. I feel compelled to. *SIGH*

This issue.. which, I would wager most of you only THINK you know the facts to, should have been dropped with the thresds on BV. I understand.. believe me I do MIS, at your desire for peace and harmony here. I have ALWAYS maintained that as one of my highest priorities for this place.

I am posting again because of e mails I have recieved, which some of you seem to think that my post above was dicouraging anyone else from posting and expressing their feelings.. That is NOT what I intended.. I simply was giving my OWN opinion on this matter, which I believe has been beaten to DEATH!!!

The people that are central and important in this issue, along with the Webmasters, are fully aware of all the facts, as I would think would be evident by AK's posts on BV. There was no "one sided view" of things.. I can assure you of that.

As to why I have not e mailed those of you who have e mailed me concerning this whole issue.. It is NOT because I am ignoring you. I feel as if I have dealt with this long enough, and I HAVE.. regardlees what some of you may think.. tried to help resolve this over the past month or so.. and I do believe that all was done that could have been. by ALL concerned.

I am sorry that people are hurting.. truly I am. And if by my posting this, I discourage more people from speaking out, I apologize..and would encourage you to please DO post your thoughts.. But I am now going to totally distance myself from this particular issue, bescause as I see it.. It HAS been dealt with.. and in a fair and respectful manner. For those of you that disagree, that is your right, and I respect that.. I only hope you will respect mine as well..

"See, it's not about races...just places, faces...Where your blood
comes from is where your space is. I've seen the bright get duller... I'm not gonna spend my life being a color."

Du ar min hjälte, Supermänniska

Survivorerist 4103 desperate attention whore postings

09-01-01, 00:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Survivorerist Click to send private message to Survivorerist Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Compassion and Concern"
I don't know much about this situation, but I am 100% sure of one thing. S3 is a new season. What's done is done. I would really enjoy it if we all got back together to have some fun. That's what we're all about, and that's what we should be doing. I think that's all I have to say. Keep smiling!

"Aren't instruments fun?"
-Alyson Hennigan, American Pie 2

SherpaDave 8326 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-05-01, 02:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SherpaDave Click to send private message to SherpaDave Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Compassion and Concern"
Amen. I know more than I want to know about this issue, frankly, and yet still not enough to make a qualified stand on it.

S3's a comin'. Let's all get back to what we do best: Outspoil. Outspoof. Outrageous.

LadyT 5567 desperate attention whore postings

09-01-01, 00:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LadyT Click to send private message to LadyT Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Compassion and Concern"
My sleeping pill has kicked in but I want to post something. So here goes. I have to say it took me twenty minutes to write this, I am so loopy right now, but MIS I wanted to thank you for posting this. You too are very valuable here and I for one, welcome your post. Please don't flame me if this is really messed up.

I too do not lnow all the facts here, however, I believe that Webby and AyaK have handled this matter. I truly believe they reviewed the facts, and came to their decision for the best of the community. Feelings get hurt all the time. When its bad, the big guns come in and fix it for the best of everyone involved. The people involved may have chosen to step back and cool off first, heal, adn let the matter fade into a distant memory before they feel ready to join in the fun.

Or they could be on vacation

-----------------------
"So what are my chances
of honest advances
I'd say low
Better to win
by admitting my sin
than to lose with a halo"
-Evita

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

09-05-01, 03:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Compassion and Concern"
LAST EDITED ON 09-05-01 AT 09:29 AM (EST)

There are places I remember All my life
Though some have changed
Some forever not for better
Some have gone and some remain

All these places had their moments
With lovers and friends I still can recall
Some are dead and some are living
In my life I've loved them all

But of all those friends and lovers
There is no one compares with you
And these mem'ries lose their meaning
When I think of love as something new

Though I know I'll never lose affection
For people and things that went before
I know I'll often stop and think about them
In my life I'll love you more

Though I know I'll never lose affection
For people and things that went before
I know I'll often stop and think about them
In my life I'll love you more
In my life I'll love you more.

Okay, people, let's get down to cases. No one has been declaired persona non grata around here, not by anyone. A situation arose where a valued poster was considered by some to have crossed some lines, that is all; and that valued poster is still regarded as a friend and a member of the community here -- by everyone! I've had some discussions with people in chat and no one is trying to make anyone vanish here, just resolve some personal differences. People are people, there are bound to be conflicts from time to time, the thing to do is learn from those conflicts and make peace and move on, and that is all anyone is really asking here. Some people are fed up, understandably because they feel they've been pounding their heads, to quote a band, "against some mad bugger's wall." (Don't take that personally, anyone, that's just to describe how some people feel, it's not to call anyone a mad bugger.)

This is a matter of ettiquette needing to be revisitied, possibly revised. If anyone has any suggestions to make here, please do so. My own suggestion would be that some things said in chat or in personal messages are not intended to be posted about, they should be regarded as priviledged information and respected as such.

Okay, now get on with your lives and enjoying your places in this community, and I mean everyone of you!

"If the race of man should be left naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks. A few individuals might linger, but in a year would become worse than monkeys." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •