The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"NO LUGGAGE for FINAL LEG"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Spoiler/Speculation Forum (Protected)
Original message

Cleveland Guy 153 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-18-05, 10:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cleveland%20Guy Click to send private message to Cleveland%20Guy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"NO LUGGAGE for FINAL LEG"
I think we are all over analyzing which teams finish last in a NEL by who has is seen as having no luggage in possible final episode spoilers.

It is very possible that all teams decide to shed their luggage for the end, and just have it shipped home, or something to that effect.

Reasons for thinking this are taken from past TARs and this one

1. In the early seasons we have seen teams re-pack in Hawaii to a smaller bag because they know they are almost done and won't need as heavy a pack.

2. Terri and Ian talked openly about things such as paper underwear so their bag would get smaller as they went further along

3. Collin and Christie (and other teams) packed up their luggage in boxes to get rid of it, and had it sent on a plane as luggage. We know this slowed them, cause checked baggage doesn't make it easy to switch planes, so this time, just fed-ex it home.

4. Teams have seen how far M & G have gotten without luggage. They know the final 2 legs then can scrape by with just a small back pack of needed items

5. The "lose your luggage" punishment will mean probably 1 team, possibly 2 of the final 3 already won't have luggage. At this point in the race, carrying a heavy bag will be a disadvantage to the teams vs. those without bags, and could slow you down.

So I am guessing at somepoint in the final 2 episodes all the teams will go "backpackless"

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: NO LUGGAGE for FINAL LEG Cleveland Guy 05-05-05 1
 RE: NO LUGGAGE for FINAL LEG Neobie 05-05-05 2
   RE: NO LUGGAGE for FINAL LEG Spidey 05-05-05 3
       RE: NO LUGGAGE for FINAL LEG cdru 05-05-05 4
           RE: NO LUGGAGE for FINAL LEG Spidey 05-05-05 6
       RE: NO LUGGAGE for FINAL LEG ARnutz 05-05-05 5
 The reason you needed to bump IceCat 05-05-05 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Cleveland Guy 153 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-05-05, 08:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cleveland%20Guy Click to send private message to Cleveland%20Guy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: NO LUGGAGE for FINAL LEG"
I wrote this awhile back - but I wanted to bump it up.

We already know 1 of the final teams has no luggage. If there is another non-elim leg, then we are pretty sure a 2nd team loses it's luggage.

That would actually put the 3rd team at a disadvantage by having luggage - as at this point the speed and less weight is more important than carrying around makeup and extra clothes.

I still believe that for the last leg, all teams will go luggageless, either by Phil's choice or their own.

So I don't think we can read into who finishes last in a NEL by who has no luggage.

Neobie 888 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

05-05-05, 09:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Neobie Click to send private message to Neobie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: NO LUGGAGE for FINAL LEG"
Probably not running around with plastic bags though. Teams would likely use the Frank/Margarita strategy of dumping everything they don't need, but keep the now-much-lighter backpack. Plastic bags are too cumbersome and too risky to put valuables in.

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-05-05, 12:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: NO LUGGAGE for FINAL LEG"
Additionally, even if they did get rid of almost everything, U/J would likely keep their small TAR pouches to hold passports and money. The lack of these items in Racey Girl's pictures indicates pretty conclusively to me that they were mugged at the final NEL.

cdru 31 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-05-05, 12:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cdru Click to send private message to cdru Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: NO LUGGAGE for FINAL LEG"
Unless it's in the plastic bag.

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings

05-05-05, 12:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: NO LUGGAGE for FINAL LEG"
While that is possible, I highly doubt it. The pouch has straps so it can be worn. Why put it in the bag? There is no logical reason.

Usually the simplest explanation is the right one.

ARnutz 13937 desperate attention whore postings

05-05-05, 12:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: NO LUGGAGE for FINAL LEG"
LAST EDITED ON 05-05-05 AT 12:54 PM (EST)

I agree with Neobie & Spidey.

U/J definitely got mugged of their belongings. RKelly have managed to get a small backpack.

Romber are shown with their big packs in the vidcap thread at the airport in either Jamaica or Puerto Rico. ETA: It is Puerto Rico. Could this fact slow them down?

'nutz: Proud member of the inoffensive OT Triumvirate... and Shroomhater! - shroom go boom!

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

05-05-05, 01:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "The reason you needed to bump"
LAST EDITED ON 05-05-05 AT 01:18 PM (EST)

... your own thread is that this issue was already being discussed extensively on the Racey Girl's Pictures thread:

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/cgi-bin/dcboard.cgi?az=show_thread&om=1068&forum=DCForumID37&omm=0

Most of the discussion on this thread duplictes discussion which already occurred on that thread. Locking this one as a duplicate.

Unlock | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •