The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
""Ellipsiiis Brain Trust" E9 predictions"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

AyatollahKhomeini 2008 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

03-29-01, 05:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyatollahKhomeini Click to send private message to AyatollahKhomeini Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
""Ellipsiiis Brain Trust" E9 predictions"
LAST EDITED ON 03-29-01 AT 05:38 PM (EST)

From the Ellipsiiis board, for those of you still on the fence this week...

ELLIPSIIIS BRAIN TRUST
Week 9 Predictions

This week, we have to make sure that everything is just right before you can read the Ellipsiiis Brain Trust official predictions for Episode 9.

First, you need to make sure your computer can play MP3 files. If you do not have an MP3 player, click on this link to download one now:
http://www.winamp.com
All installed? Good, you can proceed to the next step.

Now, before you can read this week’s predictions, you need to have the proper…ATMOSPHERE. First, turn on your speakers. Now, click on this link--
http://briefcase.yahoo.com/survi2001vor ,
open the file named "music," and double-click on "chorus". This should get you in the proper mood. (If you don’t have sound capability, you’ll just have to use your imagination.)

Is the music playing? Then get ready, because…

HALLELUJAH! That’s right, this week the wicked witch is DEAD! The vast, vast majority of Brain Trust members believe that JERRI’s audition is over, and she did NOT get the part. Meaning, NO, Ogakor doesn’t vote together, because Jerri can’t vote for herself while her fellow Ogies are stabbing her in the back. Hey, at least she has some fun before she goes, because…

JERRI and COLBY win the reward challenge, a short jaunt by helicopter to the Great Barrier reef. It was a unanimous decision by the members of the brain trust. Given that this reward has been heavily hyped, our bet is that, YES, there will be some sort of product placement involved. The reward challenge is a race through an obstacle course run by teams of 2, with Jerri insisting on being paired with Colby. Now, whether the beach-bound pair get to finish what the two of them allegedly started in the woods (with cameras allegedly rolling) is another story…

Wait, you're thinking--what about the Immunity Challenge? Again, the vast majority of our members believe that NICK wins that dreadfully ugly necklace. But not before everyone gets good and soaked, since it’s some sort of tug of war over water. We have this feeling that Colby comes in a close second…

So, to recap:
Boot—Jerri (Go ahead, play the music again!)
Reward—Jerri and Colby (get your minds out of the gutter…)
Immunity—Nick (he’s still in the game? Who knew?)
Ogakor vote together—NO (silly, of course not!)
Product Placement—YES (we’re betting Visa, Target, or Bud Light. Or all 3!)

Finally, just so everyone can savor the moment a bit longer, we leave you with this photo. See you next week!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: "Ellipsiiis Brain Trust" E9 pre... jtmorgan61 03-29-01 1
   RE: "Ellipsiiis Brain Trust" E9 pre... SherpaDave 03-29-01 2
       Voting AyatollahKhomeini 03-29-01 4
           RE: Voting SherpaDave 03-29-01 8
               RE: Voting jtmorgan61 03-29-01 13
 RE: "Ellipsiiis Brain Trust" E9 pre... Play2Survive 03-29-01 3
 Just no way Jerri and Colby are par... anotherkim 03-29-01 5
   RE: Just no way Jerri and Colby are... JustD 03-29-01 6
 RE: "Ellipsiiis Brain Trust" E9 pre... SurvivinDawg 03-29-01 7
 RE: "Ellipsiiis Brain Trust" E9 pre... MC_Hampster 03-29-01 9
   SB Official Pick AyatollahKhomeini 03-29-01 10
 RE: "Ellipsiiis Brain Trust" E9 pre... SurvivorBlows 03-29-01 11
   Tug-of-war AyatollahKhomeini 03-29-01 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

jtmorgan61 91 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-29-01, 05:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jtmorgan61 Click to send private message to jtmorgan61 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: "Ellipsiiis Brain Trust" E9 predictions"
I wasn't sure where to put this, but I wanted to publicly register my change of vote from Rodger to Jerri. Couldn't change it in the voting thread. It makes an awful lot of sense. Anyone else notice how many first-time posters have been bumping Nick in the voting without saying why, and none of them is giving Jerri any votes?

SherpaDave 8326 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-29-01, 06:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SherpaDave Click to send private message to SherpaDave Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: "Ellipsiiis Brain Trust" E9 predictions"
My own personal reason for not giving a reason for Nick was largely BECAUSE I was a first-time poster. The original request for votes specifically asked for just a vote; as a first-time poster, I didn't feel entirely comfortable defying that.

Having said that, though, Nick just seemed to me to be the most logical choice. I went through as many of the spoiler threads as I could before posting a vote and what it came down to was this: Nick's a Kucha and has no special ties to any of the Ogies (whereas Rodger and Lis both seem to have forged relationships there).

Elliipsiis's strong track record IS making me question my vote, though. That said, I think I'll stick with Nick. This way, if Nick is voted off, I was right; if Jerri is voted off, I'm happy.

And just so people know I'm actually reading the boards: I'm pretty convinced of the log-rolling theory. I also think it'd make sense for Rodger to win immunity this week; would fit well with him throwing a big party.

On a side note, the Amber fan site's a joke. They have predictions for every episode previous, all of which were wrong.

03-29-01, 06:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyatollahKhomeini Click to send private message to AyatollahKhomeini Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Voting"
SherpaDave, this is a good justification for your vote, even if I'm in agreement with the Ellipsiiis Brain Trust here. If I didn't pick Nick to win immunity, I agree that he'd be gone tonight (so if he doesn't win immunity, prepare for a BIG disappointment). You are correct that you don't have to include a reason for your vote, even though many of us do. Anyway, welcome to the board.

SherpaDave 8326 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-01, 06:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SherpaDave Click to send private message to SherpaDave Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Voting"
Thanks for the welcome, AK.

It looks like every last-minute spoiler that's coming along is pointing more and more towards Jerri. The Boston Herald is the latest: http://www.bostonherald.com/news/inside_track/track03292001.htm. Not much of a spoiler unless you look at their track record.

I'm gonna be stubborn and stick with Nick, though.

jtmorgan61 91 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-29-01, 11:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jtmorgan61 Click to send private message to jtmorgan61 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Voting"
LAST EDITED ON 03-29-01 AT 11:29 PM (EST)

Welcome to the board, SherpaDave. I wasn't picking on you in particular, there were about 8 or 9 brand spankin' new posters all voting for Nick. I'm still suspicious about the rest as a group just because NONE of them went for Jerri.

Anyway, welcome again.

On a side note, glad I changed my vote to Jerri. Woo-hoo! Bye Jerri! You were never a good villain anyway, just irritating.

As for the Boston Herald... I dunno about their "inside source." The timing of when they announce their surprises makes me suspicious that they're just posting the web consensus if they think it's surprising or interest-gathering. Or boosting their inside source creds like with Alicia last week - she was completely pegged from the get go. Or - this is my personal conspiracy theory - they have someone on the private ellipsiis board, and in turn that board has some sort of connection, or just really good spoilers. 5 of 5 for 2 weeks in a row? Predicting Keith's immunity win last time is what really makes me wonder if they've got someone in the know, as I actually guessed this episode all right anyway....

Play2Survive 270 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-29-01, 06:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Play2Survive Click to send private message to Play2Survive Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: "Ellipsiiis Brain Trust" E9 predictions"
AK, love the pic. Love the theme music. Love the logic. Seems that a lot of folks, despite every hint we've been given, are fearing they will get burned by MB one more time. This time I think they're going to get burned by their own fear, not MB. Of course, we could be the ones to get burned.......but I don't think so.

96 minutes till showtime.

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-01, 06:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Just no way Jerri and Colby are partnered in the RC......"
Not one thing she has done since day 1 would make people cave into her demands about fairness. Plus, that is Amber in the photos.

I am now leaning more toward Jerri getting the boot as well (originally picked Roger). Can't imagine a tug-of-war as an IC since that goes to pure strength and weight which would go against most all of the other challenges in SI and SII.

I am getting tired of waiting for the show!!

JustD 9 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-29-01, 06:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JustD Click to send private message to JustD Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Just no way Jerri and Colby are partnered in the RC......"
>Can't
>imagine a tug-of-war as an
>IC since that goes to
>pure strength and weight

Don't be so sure... Ever been to a Renaissance Faire? Well, there's this guy, who has two little platforms (like less than one foot square), like 6-8 inches off the ground, and I've seen him beat lots of big burly guys...

Keep your center of gravity low, maintain your balance, give when the other guy pulls, pull when he's off balance, and you'll probably win.

xo, D

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-01, 06:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: "Ellipsiiis Brain Trust" E9 predictions"
Excellent picture!

With the Brain Trust and the Offical SurvivorBlows prediction going my way (voting Jerri), I'll have prestigious company tonight either celebrating being right or rethinking our theories.

75 minutes to go. Everyone have a great evening!

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

"If I were perfect, I'd run for God." -- Corporal Maxwell Q. Klinger, 4077th MASH

MC_Hampster 105 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-29-01, 07:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MC_Hampster Click to send private message to MC_Hampster Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: "Ellipsiiis Brain Trust" E9 predictions"
First post... be nice

I would definately vote for Jerri tonight. I don't know if anyone has thought of this scenario, but I haven't seen anybody mention this logic yet.

We've got 5 Oga's and 3 Kucha's. I would say as a general statement, most everyone on the Ogakor team is definately going to be a challenge to beat. So if someone on the Ogakor team was smart (or not, depending on how you look at it), they would defect now, especially since they know Jerri has the 4 votes from last week, plus how ever many from before (2 I believe). Whoever defected could be sure of a final 4 position, and they would be up against some rather weak physical competitors to get to the final 2.

Of course, once they get to the final 2, they may have a hard time convincing any Ogakor's to vote for them, especially Jerri.

Any thoughts on this scenario? I guess with only 40 minutes until Survivor on the east coast, I won't get too much dicussion before the show airs.

-M.C.

03-29-01, 07:31 PM (EST)
10. "SB Official Pick"
Welcome, MC. Your theory matches the theory behind the official SB pick: a defecting Ogie helps the Kuchies pick off the Ogie with the most votes against (Jerri) in a 4-4 tiebreak scenario. I anticipate a different scenario, but good luck tonight!

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-01, 08:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: "Ellipsiiis Brain Trust" E9 predictions"
Nice to see that they and SB are in agreement for 3 of the 4 topics (Jerri, Colby & Jerri, no unified Ogakor vote)

Re: the immunity, frankly, if there had been any info on what type of challenge it was (tug of war -- something about that just sounds wrong) I must have missed it. ...certainly wouldn't have picked Liz if it was a physical challenge. I just don't see how a sickly Nick can be viewed as a bigger threat than the healthy, universally liked 23 year old Liz.

03-29-01, 11:14 PM (EST)
12. "Tug-of-war"
Ask JustD -- she had it pegged on this board last Thursday!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •