The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"LATOYA A SECRET?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol Individual Contestant and Judge Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

gorgoniol 69 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-19-04, 06:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail gorgoniol Click to send private message to gorgoniol Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"LATOYA A SECRET?"
Did AI intentionally downplay Latoya ( and Jasmine) during the elimination round telecasts so tv watchers would be surprised when they saw these talents during the finals?

I don't think anybody was aware of Latoya until she appeared during the semi-final rounds.

I guess, it's a business thing. Because if they showed Latoya early on, people would know who the winner would be and no one would watch the show anymore.

Now, Latoya, it's time for you to move on past A13. Just negotiate for a singing contract.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: LATOYA A SECRET? gorgoniol 03-22-04 1
   RE: LATOYA A SECRET? greenmonstah 03-22-04 2
       RE: LATOYA A SECRET? gorgoniol 03-22-04 3
           RE: LATOYA A SECRET? greenmonstah 03-22-04 4
               RE: LATOYA A SECRET? gorgoniol 03-22-04 6
                   RE: LATOYA A SECRET? greenmonstah 03-22-04 9
   RE: LATOYA A SECRET? Mizz Eve 03-22-04 16
       *Raises hand* I know I know!!! KScott 03-22-04 17
 RE: LATOYA A SECRET? zeffy 03-22-04 5
   RE: LATOYA A SECRET? gorgoniol 03-22-04 7
       RE: LATOYA A SECRET? EnglProf 03-22-04 8
           RE: LATOYA A SECRET? Breezy 03-22-04 10
               RE: LATOYA A SECRET? gorgoniol 03-22-04 12
                   RE: LATOYA A SECRET? Karennz 03-22-04 19
           RE: LATOYA A SECRET? gorgoniol 03-22-04 11
           RE: LATOYA A SECRET? gorgoniol 03-22-04 13
               RE: LATOYA A SECRET? CantStandToLook 03-22-04 14
 RE: LATOYA A SECRET? managerr 03-22-04 15
   RE: LATOYA A SECRET? gorgoniol 03-22-04 18
       LaToya, What Happened?! mrsbeasley 03-24-04 20
           RE: LaToya, What Happened?! CantStandToLook 03-24-04 21

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

03-22-04, 10:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail gorgoniol Click to send private message to gorgoniol Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: LATOYA A SECRET?"
Can anyone answer this?
Why on earth was Latoya's and Jasmine's auditions not featured during the elimination round shows? Was it intentional on the part of the producers?
I only saw the latter part of A11 and never got the chance to see A12.

greenmonstah 10761 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-22-04, 10:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail greenmonstah Click to send private message to greenmonstah Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: LATOYA A SECRET?"
The answer to your question...shakes Magic 8 Ball..."most definitely".

TV producers really believe in the element of surprise. It keeps viewers talking and when viewers talk, ratings definitely go up...

Awaiting your tirade,
green monstah

03-22-04, 12:23 PM (EST)
3. "RE: LATOYA A SECRET?"
What do u mean by 'Shakes Magic 8 Ball'? I don't understand.
Well ,my question is, did Reuben Studdard or Kelly Clarkson, for ex, just spring from nowhere? Where they never featured during the elimination round telecast?
I want you to be specific with your answer, hopefully backed by some facts.
Your answer is just too generalized. Any one can say that without using their cerebrum

03-22-04, 12:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail greenmonstah Click to send private message to greenmonstah Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: LATOYA A SECRET?"
Magic 8 ball is how people use "to google" in the olden days. My answer remains the same. I save using my cerebrum for matters of consequence. Now it is up to you to use some basic logic to gleam what I mean by that last sentence. Try using deduction. If you use it properly your last sentence should be: "....therefore, I am not a matter of consequence."

This monstah is nobody's personal think tank

03-22-04, 02:12 PM (EST)
6. "RE: LATOYA A SECRET?"
Is it glean or gleam? Never heard of the latter used the way u did

03-22-04, 02:36 PM (EST)
9. "RE: LATOYA A SECRET?"
Sorry sometimes at work I am flying through postings. I should really take the time to read what I wrote prior to posting. I should have used the word gather...I was thinking of the New England saying "Light dawns on marble head" as I was typing and therefore blew past the word gather and typed gleam instead...

Why am I even bothering to respond?

Mizz Eve 368 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-22-04, 04:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Mizz%20Eve Click to send private message to Mizz%20Eve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: LATOYA A SECRET?"
What is "A11" and "A12?"

KScott 3265 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-22-04, 04:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KScott Click to send private message to KScott Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "*Raises hand* I know I know!!!"
American Idol 1 and American Idol 2

zeffy 25 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-22-04, 12:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zeffy Click to send private message to zeffy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: LATOYA A SECRET?"
Well, most likely in this age, if there was Latoya hype from the very get-go, people would eventually get tired of her and not vote for her. By not revealing anything about her until the top 32 or so, that keeps her fresh and off the chopping block.

We currently live in an age of the underdog, and dude, she ain't no underdog.

03-22-04, 02:18 PM (EST)
7. "RE: LATOYA A SECRET?"
She's getting very overbearing.
She was not at all like that duribng the semi-finals. Now her head is bigger than Jupiter.

EnglProf 888 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-22-04, 02:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail EnglProf Click to send private message to EnglProf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: LATOYA A SECRET?"
She's getting very overbearing, huh?
How many pot meet kettle jokes can you stand?

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings

03-22-04, 02:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: LATOYA A SECRET?"
I was thinking the same thing EnglProf.

I'm wondering though if G has LaToya and Fantasia confused. To me Fantasia has the big head attitude, not LaToya.

I am your SBAI drama queen and I come from the planet earf.

03-22-04, 02:49 PM (EST)
12. "RE: LATOYA A SECRET?"
No.
I cannot stand Fantasia either.

Karennz 112 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-22-04, 08:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Karennz Click to send private message to Karennz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: LATOYA A SECRET?"
Well, just so long as you're consistent.

03-22-04, 02:48 PM (EST)
11. "RE: LATOYA A SECRET?"
I have taped the shows so i can compare.
When she was sang All By Myself, she was very modest and sweet, and lovely.
And she had almost vocal output before and after the performance. She just smiled sweetly.

But in last episode, she was all proud and beaming.
All I wanted to say was I liked her the first time she came on tv because she was confident but not irritatingly so.

03-22-04, 03:50 PM (EST)
13. "RE: LATOYA A SECRET?"
whats pot meet kettle jokes?

CantStandToLook 6254 desperate attention whore postings

03-22-04, 04:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CantStandToLook Click to send private message to CantStandToLook Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: LATOYA A SECRET?"
Hello Pot!!!

"Dook sux "...hehe..my new favorite phrase

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

03-22-04, 04:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail managerr Click to send private message to managerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: LATOYA A SECRET?"
I think they kept them under wraps, yes. They are going back to American Idol I editing and wanting to surprise people with her. I think with Jasmine, her audition song, was "I Will Always Love You", which is one of the songs on the "do not show" list for Fox.

03-22-04, 05:53 PM (EST)
18. "RE: LATOYA A SECRET?"
wish i had heard that interpretation.
im sure she was capable of doing a lot better than what she did in the semifinals. of course, her performance last tuesday was a proof to it.

mrsbeasley 12 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-24-04, 10:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mrsbeasley Click to send private message to mrsbeasley Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "LaToya, What Happened?!"
I guess I am the only one who thought LaToya sucked major wind this week? I think she's one of the best this year but I just didn't get her song selection or performance. She couldn't keep up with the lyrics and that song only had something like a 4-note range - not particularly challenging IMHO. Plus, she was constantly being drowned out by the backing vocals. And yet, the judges praised her like she's the second coming - I don't get it. Singing double-time is taking a risk? That's what crappy drunken singers do in karaoke bars. I guess when the judges have their favorites they stick with them, good or bad. I hope this version of LaToya stays in Country Theme Week where it belongs. She's capable of so much better!

CantStandToLook 6254 desperate attention whore postings

03-24-04, 11:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CantStandToLook Click to send private message to CantStandToLook Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: LaToya, What Happened?!"
I only caught a few of the performances last night but I did hear LaToyas and agree with those that dont think she's the second coming. I think she's very good and has a great voice but she is not perfect and she was drowned out a lot by the background last night.

That said..it does seem that once the judges have their minds made up on someone, they're not wavering...suspect performance or not.

Handcrafted by RollDdice
"Dook ....still sux"

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •