The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Predictions (AGAIN)"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Beerbaron 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-12-00, 01:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Beerbaron Click to send private message to Beerbaron Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Predictions (AGAIN)"
I have decided to update my predictions for E12. Rich seems to be the person that everyone wants to go. The 45K theory is a very good one. BUT Sean has to go soon, or he might win (nooooo). So I think that Rich will put his a$$ on the line to win immunity after learning (from Sean probably) that people are planning to vote him off. Since all immunity challanges have kind of been made to suit different people. I think that Sean or Sue will get immunity, since neither of them have gotten immunity yet. I think that in E12 Sean will grow some magic balls and get the nerve to vote Sue off. Rudy will vote with Rich probably, and Sean will probably vote Sue off. So that leaves who Kelly and Sieoux-Zan will vote for. Since the preview for E12 suggests that Soozan and Kelly have a big fight, they probably won't cause the editing probably made it look alot bigger than it turned out to be. So Sue and Kelly will probably vote the same once they become friends again (awwwww j/k). This means that The alliance will be split in 2 voting blocks. Rudy and Rich will most likely vote for Kelly (unless she has immunity, then they will go for Sean). Overall so far Kelly (or Sean) have 2 votes and Soozan has one. Sue and Kelly will PROBABLY (this is the prediction that matters the most) vote for Richard (hence the 45K theory). So there will be the tie that everybody has been waiting for. Between Rich and Kelly (i will say that she doesn't have immunity) Sean, Kelly, and Sue will vote for Kelly; and Rich and Rudy will vote for Kelly. SO RICHARD LEAVES THE ISLAND (yay). This is not an update from my earlier prediction, it is another possiblility. Feel free to post your own comments or thoughts about this theory.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 45 k is not an indicator BadAs 08-12-00 1
   45K AyatollahKhomeini 08-13-00 2
       RE: 45K Devin 08-13-00 3
           RE: 45K AyatollahKhomeini 08-14-00 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

BadAs 372 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

08-12-00, 02:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail BadAs Click to send private message to BadAs Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "45 k is not an indicator"
good theory but 45k is interpreded wrong

I read the story in the providence Journal about a month ago. Unfornuately it is archived now so i can't provide a link to the article. In the statement not a quote, the reporter states that richard paid all his legal fees from his winnings or 45k. what is imnportant here are two things. One they don't get any money until aug 23 and two richard paid 45k on legal fees. Not that richard only won 45k. richard could have won 100k and only had to pay 45k in legal fees. The tax implications also don't mathematically jive with take home of 45k. On and 45k doesn't jive as an overall winning amount. winner 1,000,000 2nd place 100k 3rd place 50k. So if richard is voted out in next episode 5th place, the 45k between 5th place and 3rd place makes no sense.

UNDERSTAND??? or do i need to explain more??

Other wise I like your predictions, but not based on 45k.

AyatollahKhomeini 2008 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

08-13-00, 09:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyatollahKhomeini Click to send private message to AyatollahKhomeini Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "45K"
I also read the Providence Journal article. The problem is that Richard's legal bills for the custody case could not have been ANYWHERE NEAR $45K. Frankly, as a lawyer, I can't imagine that he spent more than $5K. But the $45K figure was in an article about Richard's $1.5 mil lawsuit against the RI children's services agency that had him arrested. I can picture Rich saying that he'd won $45K and he'd spend every penny of it on legal fees to win his case. I know that's not what the statement in the article implied, but I don't believe the reporter pulled the number out of thin air.

Devin 103 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-13-00, 06:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Devin Click to send private message to Devin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: 45K"
From what I've heard third place gets 75K and fouth gets 50K. Jenna won 27K, but only cleared about 13K after taxes. Yeah, the other people live in different states and are in different brackets, but I find it hard to imagine that Rich would pay less in taxes than Jenna. If he came in fifth he probably wouldn't win any more (gross) than 45K, so I don't think that works. Even 4th and third seem to come up short, meaning he's probably final two.

AyatollahKhomeini 2008 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

08-14-00, 05:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyatollahKhomeini Click to send private message to AyatollahKhomeini Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: 45K"
>Jenna won 27K,
>but only cleared about 13K
>after taxes. Yeah, the
>other people live in different
>states and are in different
>brackets, but I find it
>hard to imagine that Rich
>would pay less in taxes
>than Jenna. If he
>came in fifth he probably
>wouldn't win any more (gross)
>than 45K, so I don't
>think that works.

First, I don't think the $45K is an after-tax figure. Those of us who started the after-tax speculation believed Richard went higher and wanted a way to blend our predicted finish and this number, which the after-tax analysis gave us. Now, I think the simplest explanation is best. Thus, I think Richard goes 5th and wins $45K gross.

If it is after-tax, third place would work, though. As I've explained before, Jenna has no other income, so she has to pay 15.3% FICA tax on self-employment income (which would include prizes and awards). Presuming Richard has $73K in other income, then he wouldn't owe that tax at all. Thus, he could have a tax rate significantly less than Jenna's.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •