The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Anyone else bummed that we didn't get to see what Bradford was capable of?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Apprentice General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

speardefense33 76 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-30-04, 12:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail speardefense33 Click to send private message to speardefense33 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Anyone else bummed that we didn't get to see what Bradford was capable of?"
Firstly, I understand why he got fired, that discussion is over and done with (hopefully) after it was analyzed in every single direction, but he was such a good character and seemed really dynamic, charismatic and like a true leader, and maybe it's just me but I'm actually kinda bummed out that we didn't get to see how he would have handled things down the stretch. I think he would have made the Final 4 or at least the Final 6. Hell, at least ahead of Ivana, which if he had kept his mouth shut, Ivana would be gone anyway.

I know it's wishful thinking, but it's like seeing a promising rookie running back having his knee shredded after his first carry. He came back in the construction task and did a great job yet again. How do you guys think he would have fared?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Anyone else bummed that we didn... brainerd 11-30-04 1
   Can't agree with that Canada Girl 11-30-04 2
 RE: Anyone else bummed that we didn... Alag 11-30-04 3
 RE: Anyone else bummed that we didn... jae 12-01-04 4
   RE: Anyone else bummed that we didn... speardefense33 12-01-04 5
   RE: Anyone else bummed that we didn... RangeRover 12-01-04 6
       RE: Anyone else bummed that we didn... lindan 12-01-04 7
           RE: Anyone else bummed that we didn... RangeRover 12-01-04 8
   Great List, Jae!! Angelfood 12-01-04 9
       RE: Great List, Jae!! speardefense33 12-01-04 10
           RE: Great List, Jae!! Alag 12-02-04 14
 RE: Anyone else bummed that we didn... unitabackup 12-01-04 11
 NOPE!!! ARnutz 12-01-04 12
 RE: Anyone else bummed that we didn... Out4Blood 12-01-04 13
 RE: Anyone else bummed that we didn... pines6217 12-02-04 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

brainerd 41 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-30-04, 02:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail brainerd Click to send private message to brainerd Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Anyone else bummed that we didn't get to see what Bradford was capable of?"
It's Trumps money and Trumps show.
he obviously doesn't care how good or qualified someone is. If he/she doesn't fit into his perceived mold for the position he has in mind, he will fire them.

He recently said the he had an eye on Bill Rancic from AP1 from the very beginning. Meaning, there may have been better candidates but Bill fit his particular job slot Trump had in mind.

AP2 is probably no different. He most likely has someone already picked out and probably did so very early in the season. He also probably perceived that Bradford and Pamela (both who had the personality and smarts to win the whole thing) as roadblocks to who he really wants to hire...ahem Kelly or Jenn.

As we all know the entire program was pretaped earlier this summer, how many different endings do you think MB will tape? There must be 2 or 3 options on who they want to fire for that particular program and they leave it open until that show is ready to air that week. When they decide, MB will cut and paste the appropriate ending in the boardroom. Probably the reason for the voice overs by TRump.

They do this in movies all the time, you know once they release a DVD of a movie... they will offer different endings or alternate endings because they can just cut and paste.

Canada Girl 3340 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-30-04, 06:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Canada%20Girl Click to send private message to Canada%20Girl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Can't agree with that"
I agree with many extra scenes being edited out, but different firings is really pushing it. If there a line that reality TV shouldn't cross, it's that one. When someone is out of a game, they're out, and the audience is let in on it if they are allowed back, ala Losers on Survivor, Big Brother.

The voice overs by Trump drive me crazy, but I don't think I can believe that they tape a firing of more than the person who leaves. And how do you explain the reaction of the candidates, all staged too? "Ok, look happy and leave. Now look like you've just been fired and leave"?

Keep your eye on the ball!

Alag 161 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-30-04, 09:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Alag Click to send private message to Alag Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Anyone else bummed that we didn't get to see what Bradford was capable of?"
I agree with you, Spear. I would have liked to see both Bradford and Pamela go further. Pamela because she seemed like a thorn in a lot of other contestants' sides (and she seemed very intelligent although now her DAW level is sky-high) and Bradford because he did show so much arrogance and charisma. He was excellent in the ice cream task and having him in the mix with the women's team really helped the dynamic. When he left, it just went completely downhill.

But most importantly, if he was still around, WE WOULDN'T HAVE TO SEE STUPID IVANA. AaaaaaarrrrggghhhH!!!!!!!

jae 412 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

12-01-04, 06:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jae Click to send private message to jae Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Anyone else bummed that we didn't get to see what Bradford was capable of?"
>Anyone else bummed that we didn't
>get to see what Bradford was capable of?"

Not in the very least. I thought he was simply dreadful, to put it kindly.

Just very quickly, off the top of my head:

1. Calling Apex "my girls"
2. Calling John "J-Dawg"
3. Calling himself "THE Bradford"
4. Overuse of the phrase "step up to the plate"
5. Chiding Kevin to step up to the plate and admit that he picked the contractor right after Kevin just did. (Does he hear anyone else other than the voices in his head telling him how great he is?)
6. Numerous attempts to "executive decision" his way to end a discussion.
7. That fake laugh
8. That bald head

12-01-04, 09:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail speardefense33 Click to send private message to speardefense33 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Anyone else bummed that we didn't get to see what Bradford was capable of?"
Everything you mentioned, just about 1-8 is exactly what Trump himself is like. He was Trump V 2.0.

RangeRover 262 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

12-01-04, 11:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail RangeRover Click to send private message to RangeRover Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Anyone else bummed that we didn't get to see what Bradford was capable of?"
Frankly both Bradford and Pamela brought something to the table and I would have liked to see if in fact that played out.

Instead we get to see more of the Witchiepoo Midget making broad based statements such as "want another Enron" "I feared for my safety" or we see Kevin sweat enough to melt, Maria's endless blinking or Andy's constant reminding us he is a "masterbator" or whatever.

Bravado was both Pamela and Bradford's trump card so to speak and Trump can only handle one ego at a time - his own. His ego this time interfered with the game and turned this season into a massive bore - much like his personality.

lindan 270 desperate attention whore postings

12-01-04, 11:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail lindan Click to send private message to lindan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Anyone else bummed that we didn't get to see what Bradford was capable of?"
Andy only mentioned he's the Master debator in the first Episode. After that, it's only his teammates or Donald Trump (and also Bill) who made the reference that he's the great debater.

RangeRover 262 desperate attention whore postings

12-01-04, 12:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RangeRover Click to send private message to RangeRover Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Anyone else bummed that we didn't get to see what Bradford was capable of?"
Don't care who said it or brought it up it was said over and over again.. along with the "age gap". Regardless, Andy bored me.

Trump claims this show is a job interview - but his decisions regarding terminations are so arbitrary and inconsistent with the idea of it being anything but a game show with ratings as the bottom line.

I have never believed for one minute that the "job" is anything but being a PR rep and figurehead, one look of Bill this season confirmed that. But to continue to pass off the whole notion of running his companies, trashing Branson and Cuban for their shows and their ideas about hiring people - I have to laugh when he keeps contenders that simply seem to be window dressing and nothing more.

Angelfood 2114 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

12-01-04, 12:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Angelfood Click to send private message to Angelfood Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "Great List, Jae!!"
Not sorry to see him go, although he does seem like a decent guy.

and if I can add,
9. Choosing his toy idea over the gals, simply for the self-admitted purpose of "wanting to see it made". What an ego! You'd think that the victory of the team would come first, but nooo.
10. Encouraging the girls to whore it up, like a Pimp Daddy.

12-01-04, 02:26 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Great List, Jae!!"
LAST EDITED ON 12-01-04 AT 02:27 PM (EST)

Know what's ironic? And I'm dead serious about this. I was in a store the other day and guess what I saw? That's right folks, a remote-controlled football guy. I s*it you not. I couldn't believe my own eyes. Someone actually went with it and is selling it.

And secondly, he wasn't too overbearing. He did the smart thing and presented both ideas to the company to feel both ideas out before he pulled the trigger on one and backed off with his and promoted the women's after he got feedback.

Besides, the women are SO incredible indecisive, you needed to be tough and decisive for them. Unfortunately that's what led to Pamela's firing.

Alag 161 desperate attention whore postings

12-02-04, 01:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Alag Click to send private message to Alag Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Great List, Jae!!"
>And secondly, he wasn't too overbearing.
> He did the smart
>thing and presented both ideas
>to the company to feel
>both ideas out before he
>pulled the trigger on one
>and backed off with his
>and promoted the women's after
>he got feedback.

Spear, now you're giving him too much credit. It seemed to me that he presented his lame idea, got shot WAY down, and in order to cover his #####, blurted out the women's idea to see how it would play. He never would have presented the women's idea if his idea wasn't met with derision.

Bradford's swaggering was amusing to me, although it did get overbearing. It was fun to hate him though, MUCH more fun to hate him than Ivana. I hate hating Ivana.

Angelfood, never let me see that pic again! My eyes burned.

unitabackup 175 desperate attention whore postings

12-01-04, 05:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail unitabackup Click to send private message to unitabackup Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Anyone else bummed that we didn't get to see what Bradford was capable of?"
I think the same thing everytime I see his picture on The Apprentice site. Too bad Brad.

ARnutz 13937 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-01-04, 07:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "NOPE!!!"
His arrogance would have done him in by now anyway.

A J Slice original (c)2004

Out4Blood 52 desperate attention whore postings

12-01-04, 08:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Out4Blood Click to send private message to Out4Blood Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Anyone else bummed that we didn't get to see what Bradford was capable of?"
He would have been fired soon after.

Too much arrogance and bravado, not enough leadership experience. The "executive decision" on the toy car and "primp my girls" were just samples of what was to come

pines6217 34 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

12-02-04, 11:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pines6217 Click to send private message to pines6217 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Anyone else bummed that we didn't get to see what Bradford was capable of?"
Judging by the recent collosial goof-ups made on the show, such as Andy losing a cell-phone, an unfinished job on remodeling a home, and bringing a large map of the world and a globe to a conference room (to talk about Pepsi Cola), it's become apparent that Donald has been firing the wrong people! Had Bradford and Pamela still been around during these shows, I believe none of these things would have happened!

But perhaps that's the whole idea - NBC's wants to keep their ratings high - I'd have to admit - I'll be joking about globes on a Pepsi bottle for a very long time!

Of course, anything can happen on the upcoming interview, but to me, Kevin seems like he has it most together out of everyone else - and I think he will win.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •