The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"ROMBER SHOULD ONLY BLAME THEMSEVLES"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Cleveland Guy 153 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-11-05, 10:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cleveland%20Guy Click to send private message to Cleveland%20Guy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"ROMBER SHOULD ONLY BLAME THEMSEVLES"
Okay, I was about as peeved as everyone else over the ending, but in thinking about it, ROMBER should really only blame themselves.

This was the worst leg they ran the entire race - and they deserved to lose. Everything they did the whole race- the didn't do here.

1. Read clues carefully - and follow the directions. When it says jump off a bridge, why is Amber following you down?

2. Hire a local guide - umm.. hello, this was your stroke to get you the whole way. You looked really lost in Little Havana, just cause it's Miami and not India doesn't mean that a guide would have helped you.

Finding a local to Miami, or little havana would have got you through that leg so quickly.

3. Don't Panic. - you showed a lot of panic throughout the leg, and didn't do your best thinking because of it

4. A friendly Bribe - umm.. what happened here? you got $1,000 for the last 2 legs, you didn't have an extra $100 - to push onto the plane, or make sure it left without U/J

5. Get inside the other racers head - maybe you did this, and it wasn't shown, but really, no misdirection, or anything like that to throw the other teams off?

Romber played their "A" game the whole race, but during the final leg the best they brought was a "B-" game.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: ROMBER SHOULD ONLY BLAME THEMSE... drtantalum 05-11-05 1

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

drtantalum 36 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-11-05, 11:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail drtantalum Click to send private message to drtantalum Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: ROMBER SHOULD ONLY BLAME THEMSEVLES"
Yeah it was one of their worst legs however it really came down to two things:

1) bunching. ON the last leg alone they had gained a 2 hour lead on R & K and a 7 hour lead on U & J....then came the ridiculous final leg bunching. Necessary on other legs for production/drama purposes but I think ridiculous on the last leg. Especially a 12+ hour bunching point.

2) the person U&J cab driver aksed knew where the place was while the people R&A asked didn't. It came down to dumb luck in the end.

I'm glad U&J won....despite my sticking up for R&A I wanted U&J to win. I just don't really think they "deserved" the win. Anyways, I was so ticked off I wrote a little letter/rant to CBS that I'm sure will get ignored on their feedback section.

-----
I understand the bunching in the race is necessary for production purposes and well if one team got 3 or 4 days ahead it would make for a boring season. However, it is absolutely disgusting to me that by working hard and working smart a team got a two hour lead on the second place team and a 7 hours lead on the third place team all in the LAST LEG OF THE RACE and they got equalized....not just equalizing first and second place teams for a couple of hours but a 12+ hour equalizer.

Nothing against Uchenna and Joyce as I wanted them to win but they didn't do enough to prevent themselves from handing over all their belongings. It should have been a punishment. Instead because of lame bunching on the final leg the supposed no belonging handicap wasn't a handicap at all. In fact it probably helped them getting through customs and what not!

The losing your belongings thing could be a nice addition but the way it has been handled makes it uninteresting, useless, pointless and not at all dramatic or suspenseful.

And the bunching had gotten ridiculous the last few races.

Don't even get me started on how mysteriously AA broke their own operating procedures to allow Unchenna and Joyce on the flight to Florida.

Keep in mind that the only reason this was the best rated race was most likely because of the added interest Rob and Amber brought to the show and not because the race has gotten better. It hasn't. The added yields have amounted to nothing and the loss of belongings has amounted to nothing. They could be great additions to the game but thus far they have only been a detriment to the integrity of the game.

Clean it up or lose a viewer. ..and I won't be the only one judging from the disappointment a large number of people have had in the final legs of this race in particular but as well the last couple of races. No matter who they were cheering for.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •