The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"My take on Jenn"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Apprentice General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

weird al 19 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

11-29-04, 11:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weird%20al Click to send private message to weird%20al Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"My take on Jenn"
I've noticed a lot of posts about Jenn here, many of them expressing an exceptionally negative opinion of her. So here's my take on the subject.

Jenn, more than any other person on the show, understands that the key to long-term survival is to stay out of the boardroom. I think she also understands that she's not as strong a competitor as Kelly, who is able to avoid the boardroom on the basis of his performance alone. So she exercises some subtle influence on the project managers so that they think well of her and keep her out of the boardroom.

However, that is simply smart strategy on her part, and it is potentially a very good characteristic in the business world. For example, an executive dealing with vendors or contractors should be able to make them feel good about the relationship.

I also think Jenn has gotten quite a few unfair knocks. The biggest one is her performance on the Levi's task. In that project, the other members of the team basically shut her out, on the basis of her not understanding the wheel early on and quite possibly Ivana badmouthing her to the others. But what is particularly bad is that the team shut her out of the presentation, when she quite obviously had better presentation skills than any of them. Jenn realized she was being set up for a fall should the team lose, and needed to bring something to the table. I think she simply looked for an opening to start talking, and it happened to be when the Levis execs asked about the wheel.

Another is on the Pepsi task, with Sandy's phony indignation that Jenn talked with Andy behind her back. It was hypocritical for Sandy to complain about this, because she tried to do the exact same thing. Sandy went to Jenn, behind Andy's back, badmouthed Andy and tried to form an alliance against him. Jenn spoke up about Andy's conversation because it bolstered her contention that she was a strong player who the others wanted to eliminate. What's more, Jenn didn't initiate either conversation - both Andy and Sandy came to her.

Having said all that, I would certainly hire Kelly or Kevin ahead of Jenn. Jenn is not very creative and doesn't step forward often on the tasks. She's also had a few strategic missteps. But I think most of the animosity toward her is misplaced.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: My take on Jenn speardefense33 11-30-04 1
   Pressure getting higher. frodo2 11-30-04 2
 RE: My take on Jenn buscemi 11-30-04 3
 RE: My take on Jenn HistoryDetective 11-30-04 4
 RE: My take on Jenn iluvAndy 11-30-04 5
   RE: My take on Jenn cbjusmc 12-01-04 11
 RE: My take on Jenn Oscirus 11-30-04 6
   RE: My take on Jenn buscemi 11-30-04 7
       RE: My take on Jenn Alag 11-30-04 9
 RE: My take on Jenn Alag 11-30-04 8
 RE: My take on Jenn jae 12-01-04 10
   RE: My take on Jenn Alag 12-02-04 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

speardefense33 76 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-30-04, 00:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail speardefense33 Click to send private message to speardefense33 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: My take on Jenn"
I can definitely understand a lot of your points and agree with most, but here's the thing with Jenn that some people aren't picking up:

She's actually regressing in both performance and personality.

Now, whether that's because she's buckling under pressure, or just dropping the ball repeatedly is up for debate, but we've seen improvement in every other contestant, especially Sandy and Ivana, and she's the only person that has regressed this much (besides maybe Maria, but she just went from bad to worse).

An enormous strongpoint that she had, and something that primarily made her my favorite woman, was that she always managed to stay out of the catfighting and bickering and was above all that, like a mother telling her kids to shut up when they're fighting, and the women listened to her and she genuinely had their respect. She's taken that and went overboard with it and now has become what she previously hated.

And on a personality level, she used to be a laid-back, cool, funny, sarcastic, confident girl...basically the exact opposite of your typical Apprentice woman. And now she's like Mrs. Hyde...downright satanic. Yee-gads.

Like I said before, she is on an enormous, huuuuge, downfall. It boggles my mind how she could go from being arguably the best contestant to possibly the worst in little over a month.

frodo2 289 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-30-04, 10:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail frodo2 Click to send private message to frodo2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Pressure getting higher."
I think the pressure is getting to all of them. If you think about it, Maria lost it one episode, then Andy the next. Ivana's going to take her skirt off in a few days. I think everyone's on the verge of breaking down, so it will be interesting to see how it goes throughout the final tasks.

buscemi 414 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-30-04, 10:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail buscemi Click to send private message to buscemi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: My take on Jenn"
"Having said all that, I would certainly hire Kelly or Kevin ahead of Jenn. Jenn is not very creative and doesn't step forward often on the tasks. She's also had a few strategic missteps."

In all fairness, though, you could say the same thing about Kwame and Bill at this point last season. They both kind of laid low on teams that lost more than they won, but came off well in the interviews and then showed what they could do in the final task.

HistoryDetective 9516 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-30-04, 10:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HistoryDetective Click to send private message to HistoryDetective Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: My take on Jenn"
"she quite obviously had better presentation skills than any of them."

I agree. I think that one of the reasons that Jen has made it this far so safely is because she is a very articulate speaker. She doesn't fumble around with words and she thinks quickly so Trump and others have less opportunity to trip her up with trick questions. She even pre-empts some nasty questions by carefully phrasing her initial response. In doing so, she often doesn't give those really fun boardroom exchanges (last week being a very fun exception) which may make her seem dull to Trump who then focuses his attention on berating a candidate who is more likely to stick a foot in the mouth.

a sig by syren

iluvAndy 10 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

11-30-04, 11:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail iluvAndy Click to send private message to iluvAndy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: My take on Jenn"
"Having said all that, I would certainly hire Kelly or Kevin ahead of Jenn. Jenn is not very creative and doesn't step forward often on the tasks. She's also had a few strategic missteps. But I think most of the animosity toward her is misplaced."

I agree, even though I do think she took false credit for the Levi's task, I didnt hold that against her b/c c'mon Ivana deserved it. WHen Ivana messes up on a task she always tries to shift blame so just b/c she stepped up on one task she shouldnt get mad when her credit is shifted also.

Ivana complains that Jenn has skated by but Ivana has skated by herself. WHen she ruined the ice cream task, Bradford got fired and when Ivana and Maria went over budget for the toothpaste task, Stacy J got fired.

I dont feel sorry for Ivana one bit.

cbjusmc 54 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

12-01-04, 10:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cbjusmc Click to send private message to cbjusmc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: My take on Jenn"
>Ivana complains that Jenn has skated
>by but Ivana has skated
>by herself. WHen she
>ruined the ice cream task,
>Bradford got fired and when
>Ivana and Maria went over
>budget for the toothpaste task,
>Stacy J got fired.
>
>I dont feel sorry for Ivana
>one bit.

Very well put. I have to agree completely. I hate Ivanna a lot and that one task wasn't enough to make her think more of me. And to be honest, I don't think Ivanna really improved much anyway. She's just been riding on everyone else's coattails. Her firing will be sweet.

As for Jen, everyone knows that she's still skating by. She's escaped every boardroom because she sucks up to the PM. If she has to have people work for her, this group has shown a tendency not to put out if they don't respect their PM. Even if Jen makes it to the final two, I don't think she'll win because of that.

Oscirus 1596 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

11-30-04, 05:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Oscirus Click to send private message to Oscirus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: My take on Jenn"
LAST EDITED ON 11-30-04 AT 05:16 PM (EST)

also think Jenn has gotten quite a few unfair knocks. The biggest one is her performance on the Levi's task. In that project, the other members of the team basically shut her out, on the basis of her not understanding the wheel early on and quite possibly Ivana badmouthing her to the others. But what is particularly bad is that the team shut her out of the presentation, when she quite obviously had better presentation skills than any of them. Jenn realized she was being set up for a fall should the team lose, and needed to bring something to the table.

-Ok won't argue about what Jenn did to the presentation. My point is this why would she willingly allow herself to be shut out of the presentation and not try to persuade Kevin to let her do the talking before the task. She had to know what was going to happen the fact is that she allowed this to happen without any complaints so her being shut out was her own fault.

That being said obviously if Jenn makes it to the f4 you can punch her ticket to the finals because presentation is her strong point. Kevin will not make it due to lack of experience alone. My only beef with Jenn is most of her fans drive me crazy with this she does no wrong philosophy.

buscemi 414 desperate attention whore postings

11-30-04, 05:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail buscemi Click to send private message to buscemi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: My take on Jenn"
I'm not sure who these people are who say that Jen M. does no wrong. I might be her biggest defender on this board, but I think she's done a lot wrong. I defended what she did at the presentation for the Levi's task, but I agree that she pretty much sucked on the task overall. I think that she did a good job getting wedding dresses in the wedding shop task, but I admit that she flubbed the marketing (although some of this was caused by saving the pm). I also agree that she hasn't stepped up enough, most specifically in the police recruitment task.

I just think she's better than the other 4.

Alag 161 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-30-04, 09:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Alag Click to send private message to Alag Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: My take on Jenn"
>I'm not sure who these people
>are who say that Jen
>M. does no wrong.

Agreed, Buscemi. Seems to me that most people have simply chosen Jen as the lesser of evils and the ones who think she is Saint Jen are few and far between.

I would still choose Jen over the rest of the remaining contestants but I am by no means on her love train anymore.

11-30-04, 09:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Alag Click to send private message to Alag Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: My take on Jenn"
>Having said all that, I would
>certainly hire Kelly or Kevin
>ahead of Jenn.

I'm way off the Kevin love train but Kelly, I'm still up in the air about. Kelly is SO incredibly egomaniacal and that's such a turnoff. Yes, he has proven his skills and his leadership and certainly has earned some bragging rights but he thinks way too highly of himself, especially with three wins under his belt. I'm rather impressed how he completely bulldozes through his teams when he leads, yet no one (other than Andy) seems to really be antagonized by him. But I am mostly staying off Kelly's love train because, when they won the Pepsi task, he blurted "Check the box!" like a total dork.

jae 412 desperate attention whore postings

12-01-04, 06:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jae Click to send private message to jae Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: My take on Jenn"
LAST EDITED ON 12-01-04 AT 06:54 AM (EST)

>I've noticed a lot of posts
>about Jenn here, many of
>them expressing an exceptionally negative
>opinion of her.

Here's one, from the fanatics love list. Thought responding in this thread would be more appropriate.

>Why was Jennifer M. silent when
>Kelly said she was not strong?
>Oh.... we see.... if the guy who
>challenges her is black she calls
>him weak, but if he's white she
>keeps her mouth shut.

Thought I'd lay low w.r.t. Jennifer for a while, but this caught my eye.

1. Are you saying Jennifer is racist?

2. I don't remember Kevin ever calling her weak to her face. He prefers to say those things behind her back to Ivana.

3. I remember Jenn confronting Kevin over his alliance with Ivana in the suite. Key words being "in the suite". When Kelly said in front of Trump that he doesn't think Jenn is as strong as Ivana and Kevin, what was she supposed to say, exactly? It wasn't the boardroom. She kept her cool and didn't flash one of those indignant or insulted faces that Kevin loves to show in the boardroom everytime someone criticizes him. I think Jenn is just classy. She simply didn't let Kelly's assertion bother her.

4. On the other hand, maybe Jenn does think that Kelly is stronger than her, so she kept her mouth shut.

12-02-04, 01:40 AM (EST)
12. "RE: My take on Jenn"
Jae, I don't think you're allowed to hijack threads with discussions you've cut and pasted from other boards.

'Jus sayin' ;)

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •