The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"On the Andy-Jen M.-Sandy boardroom battle"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Apprentice General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

buscemi 414 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-29-04, 11:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail buscemi Click to send private message to buscemi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"On the Andy-Jen M.-Sandy boardroom battle"
I wasn't watching the show that closely, so maybe someone can tell me exactly what precipitated Sandy's wrath. From what I saw, Sandy raised the point that Jen M. wasn't regarded that well b/c her team chose to get rid of her when they had to surrender one of their members to the other team. Then, Jen M. responded by saying that Andy had told her that Ivana had said that the team absolutely had to get rid of Jen b/c she was such a big threat. Sandy then went ballistic over the fact that Andy and Jen M. had plotted against her. Jen M. then said that Sandy was incorrect, that all she had said was that they talked about what Ivana said. Of course, by then it was too late as Sandy was on a roll, and there was no stopping Andy from being fired. Is this basically what happened? (of course, I know that they did discuss Sandy being the weakest member, but I'm just talking about what was said in the boardroom).

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: On the Andy-Jen M.-Sandy boardr... bystander 11-29-04 1
   RE: On the Andy-Jen M.-Sandy boardr... buscemi 11-29-04 2
       RE: On the Andy-Jen M.-Sandy boardr... bookwom 11-29-04 4
           RE: On the Andy-Jen M.-Sandy boardr... buscemi 11-29-04 5
               RE: On the Andy-Jen M.-Sandy boardr... bookwom 11-29-04 12
           RE: On the Andy-Jen M.-Sandy boardr... weird al 11-29-04 11
               RE: On the Andy-Jen M.-Sandy boardr... bookwom 11-29-04 13
                   RE: On the Andy-Jen M.-Sandy boardr... buscemi 11-29-04 14
                       RE: On the Andy-Jen M.-Sandy boardr... bookwom 11-29-04 15
                   RE: On the Andy-Jen M.-Sandy boardr... jae 11-30-04 16
   RE: On the Andy-Jen M.-Sandy boardr... kidflash212 11-29-04 6
   RE: On the Andy-Jen M.-Sandy boardr... iluvAndy 11-30-04 17
 RE: On the Andy-Jen M.-Sandy boardr... anotherkim 11-29-04 3
 RE: On the Andy-Jen M.-Sandy boardr... HistoryDetective 11-29-04 7
   RE: On the Andy-Jen M.-Sandy boardr... buscemi 11-29-04 8
       RE: On the Andy-Jen M.-Sandy boardr... kidflash212 11-29-04 9
   RE: On the Andy-Jen M.-Sandy boardr... bookwom 11-29-04 10
       RE: On the Andy-Jen M.-Sandy boardr... Tahj 11-30-04 18

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

bystander 4968 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

11-29-04, 12:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bystander Click to send private message to bystander Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: On the Andy-Jen M.-Sandy boardroom battle"
I think Sandy's point was that Andy went to Jen and told Jen about what Ivana said but didn't tell Sandy. Since they didn't tell Sandy about it they were basically in an alliance together with the purpose of getting Sandy fired. Sandy was really mad about this because Jen and Andy then had all day to get their stories straight about how bad Sandy performed. Andy had no defense to this when Sandy and Jen started fighting in the Boardroom and it looked like he couldn't compete with Sandy and therefore he was fired instead of Sandy.

I believe Donald even admitted that Sandy was going to be the one to go until she started defending herself. She looked like a fighter to him and Andy looked too submissive so he changed his mind and fired Andy.

11-29-04, 01:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail buscemi Click to send private message to buscemi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: On the Andy-Jen M.-Sandy boardroom battle"
I see your point, but it just seems to me that Ivanna went out of her way to talk with Andy about getting Jen M. fired and that it was okay for Andy to then talk solely with Jen M. about what Ivanna had said. Now, if Jen M. started talking about a conversation she had with Andy about attacking Sandy, I can see the point, and I can see Sandy attacking in kind. It just seemed that Sandy's outburst wasn't justified. Obviously, Trump was cool with it, but I also could have seen why he might have viewed it as an overreaction.

bookwom 14 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

11-29-04, 01:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bookwom Click to send private message to bookwom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: On the Andy-Jen M.-Sandy boardroom battle"
it just seems to me that Ivanna went out of her way to talk with Andy about getting Jen M. fired

Very true - looks like Ivana actually woke the poor boy up to snipe about Jen - this was unnecessary.

and that it was okay for Andy to then talk solely with Jen M. about what Ivanna had said

What is this, junior high? Andy had to go to Jenn to tell her what Ivana had said about her? Why couldn't they just pass notes in study hall? Andy went to Jenn to get her on his side in the boardroom against Sandy. He offered the stuff about Ivana as proof that he (Andy) was Jenn's "friend". So far, all this is Andy, no fault in Jenn's behavior. But it is absolutely true that they talked about Sandy behind her back. Andy even said something like "We can't let Sandy see us or she'll think we're plotting against her" Uh, yeah, because you are. It would have been admirable if Jenn had refused to talk to Andy behind Sandy's back, but that would be too much to expect. Instead, she "let it slip" in the boardroom that she and Andy had a secret conversation, thus giving Sandy all the ammo she needed. Accidental??? I don't know. But Sandy had every right to be angry. And she really kicked bootie, didn't she? You go girl, don't take any crap from the Ivy League...

11-29-04, 01:43 PM (EST)
5. "RE: On the Andy-Jen M.-Sandy boardroom battle"
"What is this, junior high?"

As I've said, in addition to discussing the Ivana thing, they also discussed Sandy. But my point isn't about the content of the conversation. My point is that all that had been revealed at this point was that Ivanna talked to Andy aabout Jen and that Andy then told Jen what Ivana said. Sandy was indeed correct that they were also ganging up against her, but Trump didn't know this yet. For this reason, he could have seen Sandy's attacks as a bit over-the-top. Of course, he didn't...

11-29-04, 02:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bookwom Click to send private message to bookwom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: On the Andy-Jen M.-Sandy boardroom battle"
Ok, so you think Sandy over-reacted to what was actually revealed to her, but her instincts were right. And watching her slap down the two Ivy Leagers was priceless.

I think Jenn has a lot of very special gifts. She's smart, beautiful, ambitious, has a great education, works hard, you could go on and on. I think she did a good job as PM in the dog task. She showed in that task that she was not above getting down and dirty to win. And she brought a win to Apex when they really needed it. At that point, she was actually one of my favorites. I really think its going to be between her and Kelly in the end and its a toss up who will win and why. But it does appear (maybe "editing" is to blame) that she is not terribly encumbered by scruples. In the Levi's presentation, when the team was asked to explain the wheel, it was absolutely not her place to explain because it wasn't her idea and she didn't understand it anyway. That's the way her teammates saw it, and that's not just evil, jealous Ivana, but also (IMHO) level-headed Kevin and Kelly.

weird al 19 desperate attention whore postings

11-29-04, 02:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weird%20al Click to send private message to weird%20al Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: On the Andy-Jen M.-Sandy boardroom battle"
Instead, she "let it slip" in the boardroom that she and Andy had a secret conversation, thus giving Sandy all the ammo she needed. Accidental??? I don't know. But Sandy had every right to be angry.

Excuse me, Sandy had absolutely no right to be angry because she did exactly the same thing. She went to Jenn, behind Andy's back, badmouthed Andy and tried to make an alliance with Jenn to get rid of him. It's exceptionally hypocritical for her to complain solely because she's the one on the receiving end. And that's something Jenn should have brought up in the boardroom.

11-29-04, 02:45 PM (EST)
13. "RE: On the Andy-Jen M.-Sandy boardroom battle"
I do see your point, in that all's fair in love, war and business. It should not have surprised Sandy that Jenn and Andy conspired against her and she may have overplayed the righteous indignation a bit.

I think this whole posting thread is a fascinating study on human perception. Kind of a "Roshomon" thing. By reading some of the postings around here, you'd think that Ivana was the anti-Christ and Jenn was the Virgin Mary. People, they are all humans, with their strengths and weaknesses. And this is TV, entertainment, its supposed to be fun.

11-29-04, 02:47 PM (EST)
14. "RE: On the Andy-Jen M.-Sandy boardroom battle"
Hmmm...don't know about that. I don't see Jen M. as anything close to the Virgin Mary. Her advertising effort on the wedding task was bad. She has failed to step up a few times when her team needed original ideas. And, yes, she is not above petty arguments as was in evidence in the last boardroom. I just think she's the best of the contestants.

11-29-04, 05:47 PM (EST)
15. "RE: On the Andy-Jen M.-Sandy boardroom battle"
Buscemi, forgive me. I've done you wrong. I thought your partiality toward Jenn was completely blind, and I was enjoying watching your contortions to justify her in everything. But now that you have actually admitted that she is not perfect, I must concede. Honest disagreement I respect. Blind partiality just annoys me, and I have to mess with it. You think she is the best. I disagree - Kelly is my pick. However, I respect your right to look at the same thing and come up with different conclusions. Let's shake hands and be friends.

(although I do speak sarcasm fluently, this posting was written in complete sincerity)

jae 412 desperate attention whore postings

11-30-04, 07:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jae Click to send private message to jae Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: On the Andy-Jen M.-Sandy boardroom battle"
>It
>should not have surprised Sandy
>that Jenn and Andy conspired
>against her and she may
>have overplayed the righteous indignation
>a bit.

I think Sandy should've seen it coming since she was miserable during the presentation.

>By
>reading some of the postings
>around here, you'd think that
>Ivana was the anti-Christ and
>Jenn was the Virgin Mary.
> People, they are all
>humans, with their strengths and
>weaknesses.

I agree with you that everyone has their strengths and weaknesses. The main reason why I don't keep mentioning Jenn's weaknesses is because there are enough people already doing that, and I just argue the one side of it to give a balanced picture. I know there were many instances where she could've stepped up but didn't. No one thinks she is the Virgin Mary. (And Ivana isn't the anti-Christ - she is just quite simply the devil himself. =p)

kidflash212 5051 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-29-04, 01:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: On the Andy-Jen M.-Sandy boardroom battle"

"I believe Donald even admitted that
Sandy was going to be
the one to go until
she started defending herself.
She looked like a fighter
to him and Andy looked
too submissive so he changed
his mind and fired Andy."

I think Donald's comment about "I thought it would be Sandy but you can't fire someone with that much spunk" (or something close to that) was more for the cameras to create drama. It reminds me of him telling Chris that he may have fired Jen if he brought her in - it just didn't feel true to me. Chris was a goner no matter what he did. What would have been his reasons to fire Sandy? Andy come in to the boardroom and admitted the concept and bottle were his idea and his unprofessional and downright insulting tipping idea showed poor understanding of how professionals deal with each other. I don't think Sandy's verbal flubs in the presentation were enough to overcome Andy's negatives in this task. There was something about the way Carolyn looked at Andy and had to draw out the fact he paid the designers cash that tells me he was gone. He was trying to hide his "cash incentives" until Carolyn forced him to admit it. The arguing was great for ratings and sets up next week well since they now have to work together but I don't think Donald really made his decision based solely on that fight.

iluvAndy 10 desperate attention whore postings

11-30-04, 11:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail iluvAndy Click to send private message to iluvAndy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: On the Andy-Jen M.-Sandy boardroom battle"
"I think Sandy's point was that Andy went to Jen and told Jen about what Ivana said but didn't tell Sandy. Since they didn't tell Sandy about it they were basically in an alliance together with the purpose of getting Sandy fired. Sandy was really mad about this because Jen and Andy then had all day to get their stories straight about how bad Sandy performed."

Yes, watching Sandy defend herself made me like her even more, however Sandy cant get mad b/c she tried to do the same thing to Andy when she and Jenn were discussing the task over dinner she tried to get Jenn to say that Andy was a bad leader so they could pounce him in the boardroom.

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

11-29-04, 01:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: On the Andy-Jen M.-Sandy boardroom battle"
LAST EDITED ON 11-29-04 AT 01:36 PM (EST)

Yup. Sandy was fired up because Andy and Jen kept saying that she didn't do her share, yada yada. Then it got more heated when they admitted that they had talked before the boardroom. She was feeling victimized and took that as the opportunity to prove her point and she pounced on it. Andy and Jen were never able to adequately articulate the whole story because Sandy tore into them and wouldn't give them a chance to speak. The best tactic for Jen and Andy would have been to refuse to rise to her fit-throwing and keep their cool, but once Jen jumped into the fray with Sandy, Andy was doomed. Sandy took total control of that catfight and Jen was hanging on for dear life.

Miscellaneous Ramblings
--It would have been a great time for him to fire three at once.

HistoryDetective 9516 desperate attention whore postings

11-29-04, 01:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HistoryDetective Click to send private message to HistoryDetective Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: On the Andy-Jen M.-Sandy boardroom battle"
I was laughing so hard during this entire exchange. It reminded me of Will from Big Brother 5 calling Adrea and Natalie "two cocker spaniels fighting over the same hunk of meat." Sandy and Jen just kept yapping at each other. That was good tv.

11-29-04, 02:00 PM (EST)
8. "RE: On the Andy-Jen M.-Sandy boardroom battle"
A lot of this is making me wonder how much the 'invisible hand' of Ivanna is at play. Sure, the show only showed Ivanna talking to Andy about Jen, but how much do you want to bet that she also talked to Sandy and laid the seeds for the fight that occurred?

kidflash212 5051 desperate attention whore postings

11-29-04, 02:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: On the Andy-Jen M.-Sandy boardroom battle"
I think if Ivanna had gone to Sandy to stir things up they would have shown it - it would be good TV. Didn't Bill do something similar last season going to Nick and pushing him to hit on Amy or people would question his manhood and then going to Amy and telling her to watch out for Nick because he planned to hit on her?

11-29-04, 02:17 PM (EST)
10. "RE: On the Andy-Jen M.-Sandy boardroom battle"
I was laughing so hard during this entire exchange.

Me, too. Did you see how they were still at each other in the elevator, eventhough they had both already escaped the boardroom? And now they have to work together, just the two of them? This should be good.

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

11-30-04, 12:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: On the Andy-Jen M.-Sandy boardroom battle"
I'll be very interested to see how they work together this week. I think Jenn may be able to convince Sandy that she wasn't plotting against her.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •