The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The New Season"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Non-Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

ashleybfogg 2367 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

09-27-03, 03:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ashleybfogg Click to send private message to ashleybfogg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The New Season"
hey kids - now that the new season's in full swing, how you doing?
I just thought I'd jump in here, and see what's up!

West Wing - best hour ever. I love everything about it... anticipated the premiere, and they didn't let me down. Great story, Acting, everything.
and the hour Flew By.
Brotherhood of Poland, New Hampshire - good cast and well, David E Kelley!
I liked it. Might be a floater between drama and comedy, though..

Joan of Arcadia - did anybody catch this last night? I liked it, alot. Very interested to see where they'll go with this. What An Amazing Cast!

let's see, missed Friends for Survivor...usually I switch over at 8:30 - I forgot. I love ER - but it's adrift. Kovacs can't be dead. Carter needs to start enjoying all that money he's got - get a new girl - buy the hospital???

I loved Ed last year - I thought I was going to be disappointed in that first episode...and then aha they tricked me - great opener. tricky.

Hey anybody know what happened to Mister Sterling? I know it was just a mid-season replacement, but it was hot!

okay, that's a start...how do you feel? got a pick? a miss? a wish a hope?

ashlet

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The New Season EnglProf 09-28-03 1
   RE: The New Season ashleybfogg 09-28-03 2
       RE: The New Season LadyT 09-28-03 3
           RE: The New Season ashleybfogg 09-28-03 5
 RE: The New Season LadyT 09-28-03 4
   RE: The New Season ashleybfogg 09-28-03 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

EnglProf 888 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

09-28-03, 01:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail EnglProf Click to send private message to EnglProf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The New Season"
Ok, well, I have to agree with you about The West Wing!

The West Wing-- riveting, truly. I was worried that Aaron Sorkin's absence would be impossible to forget, but I thought this season's pilot was up to par. This doesn't mean we won't miss him in the upcoming months, but so far, so good. AND--good for those Emmy voters who chose to honor the show once again. The Sopranos is great tv, but for me The West Wing has that inspiring spark-- it rarely fails to be brilliant.

Ed: Ok, let me just say that I shed a few tears of happiness when they renewed Ed for another season. Something about the show strikes a chord with me. The Ed/Carol unrequited love situation had all the sexiness that David & Maddie (bruce willis and cybil sheppard) had on Moonlighting, but Ed and Carol are also a lot more charming. Kudos to NBC for not dropping the ball by canceling Ed and all of its touching Stuckeyville quirkiness. Plus, you all may not agree, but Ed is hot as hell, in my book.

Friends: made me laugh out loud many times in the season opener, which is quite remarkable considering hubby and I were having a quarrel as we watched. I have to give them props for keeping it clever and fun to watch.

ER: So I already read what happens with Luka, so I won't say anything about that. I don't know... the whole "redoing the ER thing" was weird. Without a clear impetus from the plot, it seemed like a transparent attempt to racket up stress levels in the ER (and stress levels on couches around the country). My vote of between this and Without a Trace, goes to...

Without a Trace: Even as a woman I can tell how hot Poppy Montgomery (the blonde) is. Of course her looks take a back burner to how well she and the others can act, how good the show is, etc, but I just wanted to start with that. I really enjoy this show, so much so that I Tivo it and watch ER live, just so I can savor WAT Friday nights at the end of a busy week.

Finally for now...

I really enjoyed The Brotherhood of Poland, NH. I hope it finds an audience of people who can appreciate the characters and all of their flaws, their lack of sex appeal, and their sweet humanity (compared to shows like The O.C., Skin, etc.-- all the other shows that center around beautiful people and their lives)

Ok, that's my two cents!

09-28-03, 03:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ashleybfogg Click to send private message to ashleybfogg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The New Season"
hi prof
ya, agree... I love Ed - it's just got good scripts, great relationships - it's cool how they can shift focus to one of the subplots and still keep you right there. This season looks great. My problem's with the WB - they move Smallville and Angel to Wednesdays against the NBC lineup! what's with that? There are other nights too bland for words - don't they think that a Smallville watcher would watch Ed? Or a West Wing lover love Angel? Their programmer needs a shot of reality - good writing is good writing and Josh Whedon impresses me as much as Sorkin - without Buffy this year, he'll be at Angel more, I understand - and - they've got Spike! (alive again?)
aaarrrgggh.

ashlet

LadyT 5567 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-28-03, 05:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LadyT Click to send private message to LadyT Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The New Season"
Well, as a long time Buffy watcher, I hate to argue a point with you. Spike is dead ALthough I agree that Sorkin is a great writer, I think Joss is better. He takes chances that no one else did. Dawn was even eluded to in Season 3, that's how far in advance he thought. (Faith mentioned to Buffy in the second to last episode to wait for Dawn or something like that. It was in a drea, during the Mayor scenario) It sucks that the Emmy watchers never honored Joss, especially because he wrote "Hush" and "Once More With Feeling"

09-28-03, 07:06 PM (EST)
5. "RE: The New Season"
no argument at all! I love Josh Whedon - but once again, was it a comedy? drama? hollywood needs a box. Buffy was some of the best ever - all the time. So many people didn't even watch, thinking it a kid show.
I still get stuff I didn't get the first times - when i watch reruns - thanx F/X!
I saw Spike in the Angel previews - maybe those Powers That Be kids sent him back for saving the world! Spike and Angel? Together again?

ashlet

LadyT 5567 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-28-03, 05:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LadyT Click to send private message to LadyT Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: The New Season"
To answer your question about Mr Sterling, it was cancelled. It did poorly in the ratings and never caught on.

I loved Las Vegas and I hope it sticks around. In fact, i loved it so much I watched it twice. Excellent chemistry between all the characters and James Caan is awesome in it. Plus, Josh Duhamel is quite a hottie!!!

09-28-03, 07:11 PM (EST)
6. "RE: The New Season"
yeah. They gave Mister Sterling half a minute to catch on -I thought it was great. I caught a little of las vegas - i'm not sure about the show - it has competition, but Josh Duhamel? I so agree - we fell for him way back on All My Children! I'm glad to see him with a nighttime show!
ashlet

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •