The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Voting: American Idol > American President?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

blue tears 10 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-28-04, 04:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail blue%20tears Click to send private message to blue%20tears Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Voting: American Idol > American President?"
More people voted for American Idol more than they voted for the president. LoL, I think it's halarious. Me personally, I think that more people voted for American Idol because our votes actually get counted for American Idol. Anyone agree or disagree?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Voting: American Idol > America... JOSHIDOL 05-28-04 1
 RE: Voting: American Idol > America... nailbone 05-28-04 2
   RE: Voting: American Idol > America... JOSHIDOL 05-28-04 3
       RE: Voting: American Idol > America... ginger 05-28-04 4
           RE: Voting: American Idol > America... nailbone 05-28-04 5
 RE: Voting: American Idol > America... steppingrazor42 05-28-04 6
   RE: Voting: American Idol > America... seahorse 05-30-04 7
 RE: Voting: American Idol > America... Karennz 05-31-04 8
 RE: Voting: American Idol > America... strid333 05-31-04 9
   RE: Voting: American Idol > America... Ricky 05-31-04 10
       Calgary lost strid333 06-08-04 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

JOSHIDOL 275 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-28-04, 04:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JOSHIDOL Click to send private message to JOSHIDOL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Voting: American Idol > American President?"
I don't know how many people voted for a President but I think in American Idol 65 million votes did not mean 65 million people were voting. You realize the people who probably stayed on the line for 4 hours voting constantly or the powervoters or the text messaging.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-28-04, 05:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Voting: American Idol > American President?"
Yeah, what Josh said. That doesn't represent 65 million people, just 65 million votes. Many many people voted multiple times.

Votes in presidential elections get counted, if the votes are cast properly.

Votes in American Idol don't necessarily get counted due to lines being tied up, etc.

Cool new sig courtesy of Jslice o-

Don't really know why I bothered to answer this...

JOSHIDOL 275 desperate attention whore postings

05-28-04, 05:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JOSHIDOL Click to send private message to JOSHIDOL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Voting: American Idol > American President?"
I think I heard something like 30 million watched the show so that means that each one of them would have ahd to vote at least twice and I don't think so.....

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

05-28-04, 05:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Voting: American Idol > American President?"
On the other hand, I'm sure there's people who voted a bunch of times in AI who did not vote in the last election. And this makes me sad.

Voting is, actually, very important.

"Any government that would deny a gay man bridal registry is fascist." Margaret Cho

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

05-28-04, 05:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Voting: American Idol > American President?"
True, Ginger. Very sad.

Cool new sig courtesy of Jslice o-

steppingrazor42 283 desperate attention whore postings

05-28-04, 05:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail steppingrazor42 Click to send private message to steppingrazor42 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Voting: American Idol > American President?"
I wish they'd release how many VOTERS there were rather than how many votes, I know that 65 million votes sounds great to promote the show but I think it would be nice to know how many people actually called in. I know I've voted for people more than 65 times a couple of times each season, I'm sure during 4 hours that alot of people voted over 100 times. I think that the number of people voting was more around 500,000-1,000,000. And I definitely don't think that everyone who watches votes, I know alot of people that faithfully watch bit never vote.
Jai from "Queer Eye" said he voted for Fantasia 66 times.

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

05-30-04, 09:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Voting: American Idol > American President?"
I am not sure they can tell how many different telephone numbers were dialed from so that they could estimate the number of voters.

ŠSlice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

Karennz 112 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-31-04, 07:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Karennz Click to send private message to Karennz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Voting: American Idol > American President?"
No, I don't agree. From everything I've read, it was young teenagers with cell phones who clogged the AI phone lines. Those wee ones are legally too young to vote in presidential elections. Which reminds me, I need to get registered.

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

05-31-04, 10:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail strid333 Click to send private message to strid333 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Voting: American Idol > American President?"
Well, in Canada, we are in the middle of a federal election campaign and our show starts tomorrow. I have the feeling Ben will remind the youth to vote, because his dad was one of our Prime Ministers.

Three is the perfect number.

Ricky 1106 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-31-04, 04:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ricky Click to send private message to Ricky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Voting: American Idol > American President?"
Let us know who wins. Also let us know who wins the Stanley cup too. Thx.

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

06-08-04, 00:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail strid333 Click to send private message to strid333 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "Calgary lost"
LAST EDITED ON 06-08-04 AT 00:08 AM (EST)

I'm sure you heard it though. And it seems like the Liberals and the Conservatives are in a statistical dead heat in the federal election. Remember the vote is on Mon Jun 28.

And apparently all the politicians are trying to get on Canadian Idol. CTV said no because they are supposed to be an impartial news source. I say good for CTV. If they ever upgrade Ben Mulroney to real news (not just hosting and entertainment news), I'll be the first to write a nasty letter about impartiality.

Three is the perfect number.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •