The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"stars & stripes"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

bluejackethockey 84 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-20-02, 10:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bluejackethockey Click to send private message to bluejackethockey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"stars & stripes"
the American flag is not a frigin blanket, towel, or any other throw rug for cleopatra or anyone. she can disrespect farakhan, bobarino, or any other jackass on the island - but dont go rubbin your ass all over my flag.

as much as i was looking forward to sarah and neleh gettin busy under the waterfall for some skin-to-skin tribal bonding - good riddance communist...

BJH

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: stars & stripes shakes the clown 03-20-02 1
 RE: stars & stripes George Tirebiter 03-20-02 2
 Damn Straight!!! dabo 03-21-02 3
 RE: stars & stripes shakes the clown 03-21-02 4
   RE: stars & stripes samiam 03-21-02 5
       Uhm Sami shakes the clown 03-21-02 7
           Speaking of points... samiam 03-21-02 9
   I AGREE! dabo 03-21-02 6
   RE: stars & stripes George Tirebiter 03-21-02 8
 RE: stars & stripes SurvivinDawg 03-21-02 10
   RE: stars & stripes ConningOfficer 03-21-02 11
       RE: stars & stripes SurvivinDawg 03-21-02 12
 RE: stars & stripes s_man 03-21-02 13
 RE: stars & stripes SurvivinDawg 03-21-02 14
 RE: stars & stripes - blame MB Fast Eddie 03-21-02 15
   RE: stars & stripes - blame MB SurvivinDawg 03-21-02 16
       RE: stars & stripes - blame MB Fast Eddie 03-21-02 18
           RE: stars & stripes - blame MB SurvivinDawg 03-21-02 22
   RE: stars & stripes - blame MB LionChow 03-21-02 17
 RE: stars & stripes katem 03-21-02 19
   RE: stars & stripes ulalame 03-21-02 20
 RE: stars & stripes Naked 03-21-02 21

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-20-02, 10:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: stars & stripes"
>the American flag is not a
>frigin blanket, towel, or any
>other throw rug for cleopatra
>or anyone.

...just be thankful it was Sara and not Gaybe the bedwetter.

George Tirebiter 2982 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-20-02, 11:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail George%20Tirebiter Click to send private message to George%20Tirebiter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: stars & stripes"
I was really surprised that Hizzoner didn't even care enough to chew her out--it was HIS luxury item, after all. Man--that guy can't seem to muster the energy to do anything but cop the occasional feel. . . he's pathetic!

You don't suppose he figured to revel in her aroma later, do you? like. . . out back of the toilet area, out of sight. . . maybe followed up by a relaxing toke while pondering the night sky?

Then again, why would he have to pretend, when he's got the little Osmond girl to grope for real?

GT

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-21-02, 01:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Damn Straight!!!"
There have been times when I have been embarrassed for my country, and there have been times when I have felt like wrapping myself in the flag, but never in my life have I considered disrespecting our national emblem. Clueless birdbrained Sarah should have buried herself in the sand, she had no right using Old Glory as a blanket, it isn't as if it got -20 degrees out there. God Bless America.

03-21-02, 01:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: stars & stripes"
Can we all agree on one thing though.....that this is one time where the idea of someone burning the American flag doesn't sound like such a bad idea? In fact, maybe Peter left behind some of that cologne....

samiam 5976 desperate attention whore postings

03-21-02, 01:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samiam Click to send private message to samiam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: stars & stripes"
Yes, but can we leave Sarah IN it?

03-21-02, 01:49 AM (EST)
7. "Uhm Sami"
>Yes, but can we leave Sarah
>IN it?

...that was kind of the whole point. Thought that was pretty clear to put together, no?

samiam 5976 desperate attention whore postings

03-21-02, 02:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samiam Click to send private message to samiam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "Speaking of points..."
I wonder how many angels could dance on your head?

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

03-21-02, 01:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "I AGREE!"
While the burning of flags as a statement of protest is something I totally loathe (though consider a First Amendendment right provided the burner actually owns that flag), it is traditional that flags which have been worn out by usage, usually weather-worn, be burned in ceremony in respect to those who have made sacrifices for their country. Any flag used in a disrespectful manner should be so considered. Paschal deserves a medal for not beating the crap out of that sleepy ditz, Sarah, for disrespecting his flag. What a brainless twit.

George Tirebiter 2982 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-21-02, 01:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail George%20Tirebiter Click to send private message to George%20Tirebiter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: stars & stripes"
If I may drag out the tired old Boy Scout shtick again, I will point out that we are actually OBLIGATED to burn a flag that has been defaced. I bet we could get a quick lynch mo. . . er, HONOR GUARD together to dispense with flag AND contents--and if we pretend we can't get the bonfire going for a while, we may even give Kathy a heart attack in the process. Bonus!

GT

We have enough youth. How about a Fountain of SMART?

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

03-21-02, 06:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: stars & stripes"
LAST EDITED ON 03-21-02 AT 07:44 AM (EST)

I totally agree with this. My guest and I were watching (both of us military veterans) and were a bit shocked at Sarah's use of the flag as a beach towel and then a sleeping bag.

And yes, I want to know why Paschal was allowing Sarah to do this. Did she hit him on the head a few times with her "coconuts"?!?!

Paschal! Bad dawg!

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

ConningOfficer 585 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-21-02, 07:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ConningOfficer Click to send private message to ConningOfficer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: stars & stripes"
Which branch were/are you in, SD? I'm just curious more than anything else. I know I've been pretty vocal about the fact that I'm in the Coast Guard and just hope that I haven't been annoying the rest of the board with it.

I was stunned and offended at Sarah's use of the flag for a blanket, but I could chalk that up to her being clueless and pretty much not giving a steaming pile about anything. I was much more offended by MB's repeated use of the flag as a backdrop for Sarah's confessionals.

Come on, MB, post-Sept. 11, you should know that most of America is patriotically charged. Not a good move to get viewers or advertisers.

Paschal either was the victim of editing, or he's maintaining the same low profile that he's been using since Day 1. I wouldn't make too many waves if I was him - he's living every man's dream: Alone on a desert island with 4 women, all of whom are younger than he is!!

03-21-02, 07:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: stars & stripes"
I was Army. I'm a civilian contractor to the Army Reserve now, so I'm still in touch, but without having to shake like a leaf when a general walks by.

As to your comments: I agree that Sarah lacks understanding of the blasphemy she was committing. Paschal shouldn't have ALLOWED the use of his flag like that. But I suspect that the old man just went with the flow rather than make an issue of it. I don't think he's the victim of editing, though.

And as I said... Paschal is one LUCKY Georgia Bulldog. But then, we Dawgs have a Dawg's life...

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

s_man 579 desperate attention whore postings

03-21-02, 09:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail s_man Click to send private message to s_man Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: stars & stripes"
I was unable to be online while watching last night, but I so wanted to be able to post about this.

First, who in the he11 does Princess Funbags think she is??? You do not, EVER, let an American flag touch the ground. This is just a perfect example of a STUPID, SPOILED, NEVER HAD TO WORK, DOESN'T APPRICIATE WHAT WE HAVE HERE type of lowlife that is pulling this country down. Then, to use it as a blanket also, what the blankety-blank are you thinking???

Next, Why, why, why couldn't we see Ole Judge Paschel's reaction? Surly, he had one.(?) If he is truly as patriotic as we've been led to believe, then he should have / could have really lit into Sarah.

Someone above noted, and I concur, that the PROPER way to dispose of a worn flag, or one that has TOUCHED THE GROUND, is to burn it and bury the ashes. Your local Boy Scout troup will do this, and there is some ceremonial things they do along with it.

I'll get off this soapbox now, and leave it for our next poster.

03-21-02, 09:37 AM (EST)
14. "RE: stars & stripes"
A quick note on ceremonial destruction of the flag:

First, flags CAN be cleaned or repaired if damaged slightly. You don't HAVE to burn it for one slight stain.

You don't HAVE to rush to your local Boy Scout troop for flag destruction if the flag merely touches the ground. Just correct the problem (get it back up), feel guilty about your faux pas, and carry on.

When a flag is badly damaged or becomes faded and dirty through constant flying (my flag at home is fading in the blue area, I'll be a'needing to replace it soon), then it should be ceremonially destroyed.

Fast Eddie 625 desperate attention whore postings

03-21-02, 10:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Fast%20Eddie Click to send private message to Fast%20Eddie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: stars & stripes - blame MB"
According to Sarah on the Early Show, all five of them used the flag as a blanket, so the fault is with all of them.

This reminds me of when Rodger tore up his Bible to use for kindling a fire. Lots of people would find it disrespectful, but in severe conditions, priorities change somewhat.

The main fault here, IMHO, is with MB for letting a flag be brought as a luxury item in the first place. Flags belong on flagpoles and other elevated positions, not on beaches.

03-21-02, 10:19 AM (EST)
16. "RE: stars & stripes - blame MB"
If someone were bleeding and injured and all I had to help them was an American flag, I wouldn't hesitate to tear it to strips and use it. I don't think anyone would blame me for that. Same with Rodger and a few pages of his Bible.

If you want to blame MB for something, blame him for showing only Sarah using the flag as a blanket. Obviously it was edited the way it was to engender a reaction in the Viewership. This particular Viewership (meaning ME) would like to react by giving MB the finger.

Fast Eddie 625 desperate attention whore postings

03-21-02, 04:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fast%20Eddie Click to send private message to Fast%20Eddie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: stars & stripes - blame MB"
>If someone were bleeding and injured
>and all I had to
>help them was an American
>flag, I wouldn't hesitate to
>tear it to strips and
>use it. I don't
>think anyone would blame me
>for that. Same with
>Rodger and a few pages
>of his Bible.

I don't get it (maybe I misunderstood). As I read this, if a group of Survivor contestants rip up and burn a Bible to get warm, that's okay, but if a group of Survivor contestants wrap themselves in a flag to get warm, that's terrible. Would it have been okay if they burned the (undamaged) flag to start a fire?

03-21-02, 08:10 PM (EST)
22. "RE: stars & stripes - blame MB"
Would it have been okay if they burned the (undamaged) flag to start a fire?

If it were a matter of life and death (hypothermia case, for example), sure it would be okay. Although, of course, cloth would not be my first choice of kindling.

a group of Survivor contestants rip up and burn a Bible to get warm

First, it is NOT like Kucha burned Rodger's entire Bible. I think he just took a few pages of it and they used that.

Second, as a side note: When I was in high school we were in this church seminar. The seminar leader put a small American flag (on a little stick), a Bible, and a cross on the table and told us to destroy one of the three. Most people went for the American flag... but you could have heard a pin drop when I ripped up the Bible (actually I tore one blank page at the front in half).

When asked why I did that, I replied that the cross and flag are symbols of Christianity and America, respectively, that I thought (and think) that America (and it's Constitution) are Divinely inspired and looked after by the Lord,... and that the Bible is merely God's survival guide and rulebook. I also quoted that passage where God says He'll write His words on our hearts and in our minds, so if I rip the Bible, God will find another way to get His message to us.

Okay, 'nuff rambling.

LionChow 2033 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

03-21-02, 10:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LionChow Click to send private message to LionChow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: stars & stripes - blame MB"
Gotta agree with Eddie here. The flag shouldn't have been brought along in the first place, knowing that it would get abused. I think Paschal meant well, but didn't think this out too well. As others have said, the U.S. Beach Blanket was bad enough, but when bOObs was all wrapped up in it, I got seriously angry with her, and Paschal.

Being Post-9/11, they should've been more aware.

katem 3315 desperate attention whore postings

03-21-02, 05:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail katem Click to send private message to katem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: stars & stripes"
Jane Clayson of the Early Show called her on this very subject, and she said that since she knew that the flag should not be allowed to touch the grown, she asked Paschal and he replied that the flag should not be taken to the beach either, so that it did not matter.

She said that they all used it at some point or another, even as a cover underneath them (I guess like the linens on a bed).

I think they are all to blame, particularly Paschal for taking it as his luxury item, but unfortunately for Sarah she was the one that got caught.

ulalame 778 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-21-02, 05:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ulalame Click to send private message to ulalame Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: stars & stripes"
You mean, Sarah was the one MB showed us using the flag as a blanket. I am sure they were all caught on camera disrespecting the flag. MB just selectively edited the show to make Sarah look bad. Gee, why am I not surprised.

Naked 887 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-21-02, 07:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Naked Click to send private message to Naked Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: stars & stripes"
LAST EDITED ON 03-21-02 AT 07:02 PM (EST)

To Whom it may concern,

I just wanted to thank you guys for all of the concern that you are giving me, but want to let you know that it is a little missdirected. I have been featured prominatly in your homes, cars, and government building lately. I have been in these place for years, but recently I have made a little comeback. I have been seen in the mountains of Afganistan, the deserts of Saudi Arabia, the swamps of Vietnam, the plains of France, The islands of the South Pacific, and the snowy climate of South Korea in the last 50 years or so.

My red stripes represent the blood that was sacrificed to an idea called freedom. My white stripes represent the purity of this same ideal. My blue background is reminicant of the sky, representing hopes and dreams for our future, and my Stars reminds us of our individuality gathered collectively to form our Unity.

In reality, I am nothing more than cloth and dies, but I was created for one purpose, and one purpose only. That is a representation of an idea. An idea that says that we are all created equally, and that each individual has the freedom to have his own means of expression. Even if that expresion is to deny me, I fly proudly for that right.

There have been brothers and sisters of mine who flew representing other ideals. One of them was red with a hammer and sycle, and one of them was white with a bent red cross inside of a circle. They where so jealous for attention, that men would be killed if they dared to have another idea that was not represented by them. They do not fly today.

I am not a envious mistress however. I am strong because I have been chosen freely, so when you see me being used in ways that you personally would not use me, realize that I was created for that very purpose. What has made me last for these 226 years, is that I am adaptable to any climate, culture, race, creed, and religion because I am your idea of freedom.

Your American Flag

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •