The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Ron's comment last night"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Jenna_F 310 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-06-05, 09:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jenna_F Click to send private message to Jenna_F Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Ron's comment last night"
LAST EDITED ON 05-06-05 AT 09:22 PM (EST)

Wow! A thread not complaining about Rob, Amber, or Kelly. Who'd of thought.

Anyway,
No, this isn't about one of he and Kelly's numerous arguements, but instead about his comment about Rob and Amber last night.

Now firstly, remember a few episodes back when they were all buddy buddy on the long train ride, and he had said he really liked them?
Notice how this week he said that Rob and Amber "had a complete lack of character"?

what has changed between the niceness and the insults? one thing only really, the fact that Rob and Amber yielded them.(which Ron had said they were going to do to Rob and Amber anyway).

Now, regardless of whether or not you agree with Ron's comment(this does not need to become another thread about Rob and Amber, this is a Ron thread, not an I ____ Rob and Amber thread), don't you think it shows real bad sportsmanship to start talking bad about someone you liked just because they did what you were going to do to them anyway?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Ron's comment last night protagonist 05-06-05 1
   RE: Ron's comment last night okaychatt 05-07-05 7
 RE: Ron's comment last night memyselfandi 05-06-05 2
   RE: Ron's comment last night Jenna_F 05-07-05 3
       RE: Ron's comment last night protagonist 05-07-05 4
           RE: Ron's comment last night trudy 05-07-05 5
               RE: Ron's comment last night Rawb 05-07-05 6
                   RE: Ron's comment last night okaychatt 05-07-05 9
                       RE: Ron's comment last night mrc 05-07-05 10
           RE: Ron's comment last night okaychatt 05-07-05 8
 RE: Ron's comment last night mrc 05-07-05 11
 RE: Ron's comment last night Harrison 05-09-05 12
 RE: Ron's comment last night J Slice 05-09-05 13
 RE: Ron's comment last night mikey 05-10-05 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

protagonist 101 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-06-05, 10:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail protagonist Click to send private message to protagonist Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Ron's comment last night"
I am not convinced it was purely because they yielded them. It seems all the sudden Rob and Amber wanted to lose Ron and Kelly throughout this episode. They wanted to be ahead of them and were doing their best to make sure they were no where near them to tag along or better yet use the "guide"/"good luck"/"guardian angel" they got to help them out during the race. Also, Ron and Kelly had all clothes and money taken from them. Did R and A offer to give clothes or money? Maybe not. We don't really know as they didn't show. But we do know Meredith gave them money. So I think there is more going on there than simply the yield factor which contributed to Ron's "character" comment. IMHO

okaychatt 2810 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

05-07-05, 10:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail okaychatt Click to send private message to okaychatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Ron's comment last night"
<Did R and A offer to give clothes or money? Maybe not. We don't really know as they didn't show. But we do know Meredith gave them money. So I think there is more going on there than simply the yield factor

Ron and Kelly - please repeat after me, "This is a race, and it's not smart to help anyone this close to the finish."

That is all.

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

memyselfandi 48 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-06-05, 11:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail memyselfandi Click to send private message to memyselfandi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Ron's comment last night"
In one of the IVs Ron and Kelly are discussing that Rob and Amber lied to them at the airport pretending to be on the direct flight when they had boarding passes for Frankfurt flight.

Jenna_F 310 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-07-05, 00:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Jenna_F Click to send private message to Jenna_F Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Ron's comment last night"
LAST EDITED ON 05-07-05 AT 00:37 AM (EST)

Both Protaganist and memyselfandi's points are legitimate points that I should of adressed in my initial post, that did, for some reason, not occur to me.

Firstly, Protaganist's point about not giving them money:
This is true, but then, I don't think Uchena and Joice gave them money either (I doubt they would of helped Meradith and Gretchen if it weren't for M/G's age.), but still by that logic, you'd think that if this deminished his opinion of Rob and Amber, it should of Deminished his opinion of Uchena and Joice too. Also, I doubt at this point in the competition, Ron would of wanted to give Rob and Amber any money.(given that he wanted to yield them after all.)

Secondly, memyselfandi's point about lieing to them about the flight.
While this was out and out lieing, I don't think Ron and Kelly ever mentioned their better flight to Rob and Amber either, so if this is the case, Ron would be being a bit of a hipocrite no?

Edit: If I made a mistake somewhere in my information somewhere, I apolagize, and please do point it out so I know to pay better attention next episode.

protagonist 101 desperate attention whore postings

05-07-05, 01:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail protagonist Click to send private message to protagonist Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Ron's comment last night"
Yes you are right about the money issue. I don't know for certain if either couple Uchenna/Joyce or Rob/Amber gave Ron/Kelly any food or clothing. They only showed Meredith giving money. The other teams may have given them something (would have been when they all were at the airport as that is the only time they were all together), but I am not sure. However, up to this last episode, the team they were on "friendly" terms with kind of supposedly watching each other's back so to speak, was Rob and Amber. If there was one team they probably hoped would help them out with money or clothes, since they were on friendlier terms with them rather than the other two couples, it would have been Rob and Amber. I think they soon discovered that even though they were on friendly terms with Rob and Amber before the last episode, Rob and Amber wanted to do everything from this point on not to help them in anyway. So I guess when Ron says Rob and Amber lack character, I guess he is saying that people you are on friendly terms with should help you out when you are down (with money or clothes) rather than people you really weren't close too (like Meredith and Gretchen). Meredith and Gretchen probably are rated as having a high character now in Ron and Kelly's book.

trudy 171 desperate attention whore postings

05-07-05, 05:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trudy Click to send private message to trudy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Ron's comment last night"
Anyone who lets Ron have his own way and treats him like a god shows good character.

Anyone who doesn't shows bahhhhhhhhhd character.

I think the circumstances were way different when M/G were nonliminated. 1) they had no clue they would lose all their stuff, Gretchen was wearing a bloody tee shirt thing, yuck. R/K had tons of clothes on 2) they had no money for food at the pit stop - I heard G whine about that. R/K had a huge 4 course meal at the hotel 3)G/M had had a physically rough day, especially for their age R/K had not and 4) G/M were at the Nature Reserve with basically just the teams and the crew by the time they had a chance to beg, R/K were in Istanbul - not the poorest city in the world. I don't think any of the teams should have given them money this late in the race. A 1/2 hour spent begging for cab fare could put them out of it, which, if your team wants to win is good, no?

All this just goes to show my bahhhhhhhhhhhd character, I guess.

It's a race, they should have lost R/K a long time ago. Telling a competitor what flight you've decided on and how much money you have is sharing information. Kelly called Uchenna a "leech for information" herself, but really the tag-a-long teams - R/K and M/G deserve to be right where they are - behind the pack. Well, ok, M/G really deserve to be home sailing the Chesapeake (sp?) like the well-to-do duffers they are.

Rawb 19 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-07-05, 09:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Rawb Click to send private message to Rawb Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Ron's comment last night"
it shouldnt really be a suprise to Ron. All race long, they been saying how they shouldnt trust R/A. Not like he didnt know what he was getting himself into

05-07-05, 10:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail okaychatt Click to send private message to okaychatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Ron's comment last night"
LAST EDITED ON 05-07-05 AT 10:21 AM (EST)

<Not like he didnt know what he was getting himself into

Exactly. This is a race to get to the finish line first so a million dollars, minus Uncle Sam's half, can go into your coffers.

This is not about friendship or integrity. It's about going all out, letting the bodies fall where they may.

ETA - It's not as if a soldier wouldn't understand that concept, is it? Geesh.

mrc 10113 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-07-05, 10:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Ron's comment last night"
Yeppers--what chatty said.

A Nefarious Dice Creation

05-07-05, 10:18 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Ron's comment last night"
<I guess he is saying that people you are on friendly terms with should help you out when you are down (with money or clothes) rather than people you really weren't close too

Unless you're in a race for a million dollars. In that case, all bets are off.

mrc 10113 desperate attention whore postings

05-07-05, 10:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Ron's comment last night"
LAST EDITED ON 05-09-05 AT 03:41 PM (EST)

Ron's prob is that he is immature. I get that he was a POW and that he served his country. Good for him. That doesn't make him a good racer or competitor.

Rahb is immature at times, but he knows what he wants and how to get there. (That's what I like about him, even if I don't agree with all of his actions.) One would think that with his background, Ron would be a leader, not a follower and a whiner. He could learn a few things from Rob.

ETF a typo *glares at chatty*

A Nefarious Dice Creation

Harrison 173 desperate attention whore postings

05-09-05, 03:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Harrison Click to send private message to Harrison Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Ron's comment last night"
Bad sportsmanship?
I don't know, maybe...but I suspect the interview from which that snippet is culled was likely long and touched on a number of subjects with the participants answering questions designed to produce just these sorts of answers.

Rob (of whom I have great appreciation) has been known to "talk trash" in such instances himself.

It is a race and tensions are high.
I don't hold Ron's choice of words against him in the way I might hold his choice of partners (made prior to the tension of the race).

Something tells me the interviewers heard that quote from Ron, looked at each other, smiled and said "okay, that'll do." and ran to the editing booth.
Sure, he said it but one says all sorts of things in the heat of the moment, particularly when loaded questions are put to them shortly after a defeat.

Let's remember, these two (Ron and Kelly) have said far worse- about each other.
This competition just seems to bring the worst out in some and the best out in others.

At the end of the day- not a big deal.
Par for this course.

J Slice 13166 desperate attention whore postings

05-09-05, 05:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20Slice Click to send private message to J%20Slice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Ron's comment last night"
No. Perfectly ok.

Take a tape recorder of Rob. He does it too.

Read: nobody is innocent. Just like when idiots on Survivor claim that their integrity is intact; you CANNOT win Survivor without lying. And you cannot expect people on TAR to be buddies with people that end up screwing them over. Period.

Are you familiar with the old robot saying, 'DOES NOT COMPUTE'?

mikey 1150 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-10-05, 10:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mikey Click to send private message to mikey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Ron's comment last night"
Some history of hurt feelings after the yield.

Much as I was rooting against Colin in TAR 5, he did seem to show class at the finish line congratulating Chip and Kim even though they were yielded. Christie was obviously more offended. It seemed like they were friends prior to the yield, but it does not seem that the friendship ever healed even today.

Romber and Relly were not all that tight as alliances go, each side expected the other to yield them, so the betrayal of the yield was not that great. I suspect he was more referring to the lie at the airport, which Ron felt really had no purpose. Ron may also have been pissed off (if he knew about it) by Rob's previous "lie" to U & J and M & G about the "earlier flight," which backfired and ultimately resulted in Relly's last place finish that leg.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •