The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"ANALYSIS"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

grumpy_angel 30 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-23-01, 08:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail grumpy_angel Click to send private message to grumpy_angel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"ANALYSIS"
A shocking twist will have people talking the next day. What will it be?

While others insist on choosing partners from a hat, Jerri insists that Colby be her partner--period--because "this is not a fair game." Will she get her wish?

Which two tribe members will get a day of great food and snorkeling, and which one will ultimately show up the other?

-----------------------------------------------------------------
anyone have their ideas about all of this?
do you think jerri will get her wish?! would colby want to be her partner?!!!!

what do they mean by '' which one will ultimately show up the other''?????? I'm afraid i dont quite catch this question( maybe because im french...)

and what about the shocking twist?! will 2 players have a row?!

anyways post as much as you like

only 6 days remaining since next survivor and next bootee!!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: ANALYSIS rudysson 03-23-01 1
   RE: ANALYSIS 5Foot3 03-23-01 3
       RE: ANALYSIS blehargh 03-23-01 13
 RE: ANALYSIS MDSkinner 03-23-01 2
   RE: ANALYSIS annadad2 03-23-01 4
       RE: ANALYSIS Ogaalltheway 03-23-01 6
 RE: ANALYSIS Golightly 03-23-01 5
   RE: ANALYSIS ElmersGlue 03-23-01 7
       RE: ANALYSIS Ogaalltheway 03-23-01 8
           RE: ANALYSIS ElmersGlue 03-23-01 9
               RE: Pairs together or in relays? Outfrontgirl 03-23-01 10
                   RE: Pairs together or in relays? managerr 03-23-01 11
 RE: ANALYSIS ItzLisa 03-23-01 12
 RE: ANALYSIS SurvivinDawg 03-23-01 14
 RE: ANALYSIS tribephyl 03-25-01 15
   RE: ANALYSIS idiotcowboy 03-25-01 16
 '...Shocking Twist..." is the key! Krautboy 03-26-01 17
   Your theory? AyatollahKhomeini 03-26-01 28
       RE: Your theory? Krautboy 03-26-01 29
           Jerri v. Amber AyatollahKhomeini 03-26-01 31
               RE: Jerri v. Amber idiotcowboy 03-27-01 33
                   Building a shelter AyatollahKhomeini 03-27-01 34
       RE: Your theory? Minstrel 03-27-01 32
 Here's the Link to the Weather Trac... IceCat 03-26-01 18
 RE: ANALYSIS dabo 03-26-01 19
   RE: ANALYSIS annadad2 03-26-01 21
       RE: ANALYSIS dabo 03-26-01 30
 RE: ANALYSIS dabo 03-26-01 20
   RE: ANALYSIS C_Master 03-26-01 22
       RE: ANALYSIS SurvivinDawg 03-26-01 23
           CBS teaster wording DivaByTheSea 03-26-01 24
               RE: CBS teaster wording idiotcowboy 03-26-01 26
                   CBS teasers AyatollahKhomeini 03-26-01 27
               RE: CBS teaster wording MadforMadDog 03-27-01 35
       RE: ANALYSIS sleeeve 03-26-01 25

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

rudysson 9 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-23-01, 09:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail rudysson Click to send private message to rudysson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: ANALYSIS"
Just a wild speculation:

Could the "shocking twist" be someone getting injured in the RC.

OR

Could a Kucha paired with a Ogakor win the challenge and crack the Ogakor alliance? (Maybe something as wild as Rodger & Tina winning?)

5Foot3 81 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-23-01, 10:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail 5Foot3 Click to send private message to 5Foot3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: ANALYSIS"
I have read in many places that Rodger falls off a horse and possibly breaks his collar bone. I am now wondering if this could actually happen and maybe even this week. I hope not since I think Rodger is a great player. There was also a rumor of pictures taken overhead showing Alicia missing after E8 and then Rodger missing after that. Starting to wonder if maybe there is some truth to any of this....

blehargh 14 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-23-01, 05:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail blehargh Click to send private message to blehargh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: ANALYSIS"
5foot3,

you should look the post "Rodger goes in E9". i've got a link there to a Probst chat on letterman where he states that 2 people are injured on the show. but the horseback riding thing is total bullshit. but i can see some getting pretty injured doing an obstacle course tho.

MDSkinner 716 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-23-01, 09:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MDSkinner Click to send private message to MDSkinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: ANALYSIS"
>anyone have their ideas about all
>of this?
>do you think jerri will get
>her wish?! would colby want
>to be her partner?!!!!
>

I just wanted to put my answer to this question out there. Of course Colby would want Jerri to be his partner in the reward challenge(I think anyway) because if they were partners it would seem highly likely that they would win against any two opponents. In a challenge like this which appears to be very physical in nature, it would seem very likely that two athletic people would have an upper hand in this thing. The only two that would even have a chance in my opinion would be Nick and Keith and they would have to be teamed with one another to have shot at beating Jerri and Colby. Colby would like to win this challenge, I am certain, and would probably not mind one bit being teamed with Jerri if that is what it took to win the challenge.

annadad2 17 desperate attention whore postings

03-23-01, 11:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail annadad2 Click to send private message to annadad2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: ANALYSIS"

Jerri is an actress/bartender, Tina has run marathons and competes in mini-triathlons. She is also a former swimming instructor and she starts every day with a motorcycle ride in the mountains. Despite her age, Tina is a far better athlete than Jerri. The challenges are supposed to be fair, a partner's challenge doesn't seem fair at all. Some one has to end up with Roger. He is great at a lot of things but running, climbing and sliding are not exactly his cup of tea.

Ogaalltheway 16 desperate attention whore postings

03-23-01, 11:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ogaalltheway Click to send private message to Ogaalltheway Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: ANALYSIS"
I'd actually rank the remaining women in terms of athleticism in this order from the best to worst

Tina
Liz
(Tina, for the reason you mentioned, Liz from her softball days) What guy wouldn't want to be paired with one of these two?
Amber/Jerri-take your pick!

Now the guys
Colby
Keith
Nick (only cause he's sickly)
Rodger (great guy, smart as a whip, but not athletic).

Golightly 9 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-23-01, 11:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Golightly Click to send private message to Golightly Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: ANALYSIS"
Well, the hair under Colby's net slide picture does look a bit frizzy like Jerri's, so maybe she does get her wish.

Does anyone else find snorkeling to be an odd reward for people who have been living with very little food & sleep for some time? Is this some sort of "product placement" reward? Just wondering.

ElmersGlue 57 desperate attention whore postings

03-23-01, 11:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ElmersGlue Click to send private message to ElmersGlue Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: ANALYSIS"
At first I also was confused by this challenge - other than to think it was obviously a way for MB to use the obstacle course that so much time and money was spent on....

But then I started thinking about it and it became clear to me what Mark is trying to do here. In order to prevent an all 5 Ogakor finish - he needs to break up the Ogakor alliance. He needs to convince the Ogakors to make friends with the Kuchas. DO NOT be surprised if every single Kucha is paired with an Ogakor buddy. Also remember the look on Amber's face when she returned to the campfire with Jerri after their meal. Well -- suppose Colby and Jerri DO win this challenge and leave for a night and a day. That means that this time Amber gets to stay behind and LISTEN to all the nasty Jerri talk. Do you think that might change Amber's strategy a little?

Remember - it is NOT necessarily a reward to be separated from the tribe. Yes -- you get food. But you also lose control and knowledge of what is going on. You become an outsider - and that is not a good thing.

Ogaalltheway 16 desperate attention whore postings

03-23-01, 11:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ogaalltheway Click to send private message to Ogaalltheway Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: ANALYSIS"
EG
I agree with you 100%. I even remember reading a blurb in TV Guide from Sue Hawk about people who win Reward Challenges shouldn't take them unless they can share with the group. I believe that the reward challenge winners end up as the losers because of what you said. Jerri and Amber are on thin ice with the Kuchas and C/T/K and if C&J win the RC, I don't necessarily think Amber will run to Jerri to align with Kucha. Rather, she may stick with C/T/K to take the witch down, then deal with Kucha.

Other interesting pairings for RC not mentioned....
Keith & Jerri--1 of them doesn't come back from the reward, LOL!
Tina & Nick
Amber & Rodger
Colby & Liz.

You do make a good point. MB may want to see 3 Ogies paired with 3 Kuchas, but when you draw out of a hat, can you really achieve that?

Intersting post!

ElmersGlue 57 desperate attention whore postings

03-23-01, 01:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ElmersGlue Click to send private message to ElmersGlue Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: ANALYSIS"
well - we don't know that they draw out of a hat. Maybe Mark Burnett just steps in and declares that since there's so much fighting - he'll assign the teams....maybe he gambles a little and plays the laws of averages -

One way it might work out is to declare that all the "teams" will consist of one male and one female. If you put all the female names in a hat you would have 1 Kucha (Liz) and 3 Ogakor (Jerri, Amber, and Tina)

Rodger draws first - there is only a 25% chance he will get Liz
Nick draws second - there is only a 33% chance he will get Liz

However I'm pretty convinced that Jerri will get her way and be paired with Colby. Most likely they will win and it will get her away from the tribe AND it will make those left behind hate her even more....

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-23-01, 02:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Pairs together or in relays?"
I notice some of us think that two people shown together (Tina/Rodger)(Colby/that's her hair Jerri) are partners; others think it's a relay and the two shown are racing each other.

If the partners go at the same time, then is the challenge timed and best time wins? In that case, they'd be unable to judge how well they were doing until they finished.

I think they are running as partners, because Tina could leave Rodger behind in a flash, because Jerri's ahead of Colby, and because going as partners requires the better performer to wait for/urge on the slower (and get frustrated with them), which is a MB kind of angle.

Maybe the part about showing up one another refers to a competition between the winning partners after or during the reward (or for best part of reward), so that potential bonding is followed by cutthroat one-on-one competition. Just a spec.

I agree that whoever wins this at a time when others are this hungry, wet, and miserable will be REAL unpopular. I believe that's a large part of MB's point: you want that transitory gratification so much; then comes the backlash of consequences.

I remember how Kelly voted against Sean when she could have helped oust Richard, just because he didn't take her on the yacht (of course, she claimed that was a case of tentative promise being broken). Sean got 2 huge meals and overnighters--yacht and ambassador night--and I'm sure that hurt him a lot).

I also think the snorkelling's a bit ununusual, but if the water's calm and warm it's not an exertion but relaxation and it makes one feel like one's on vacation in paradise.

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

03-23-01, 02:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail managerr Click to send private message to managerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Pairs together or in relays?"
If it's like the original Survivor, it sounds like together and not relays--one point is that the team will only go as fast as the slowest members. The key to winning is who has the least slowest member, and not who has Colby. So a team of Tina-Liz could potentially beat a Jerri-Colby team up if Jerri is holding Colby back. If the teams are indeed Jerri-Colby; Keith-Nick; Liz-Amber; Tina-Rodger, I'd say Nick-Keith win with Tina-Rodger probably finishing last due to Rodger.

ItzLisa 3350 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-23-01, 03:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ItzLisa Click to send private message to ItzLisa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: ANALYSIS"
>A shocking twist will have people talking the next day. What
will it be?

> While others insist on choosing partners from a hat, Jerri insists that Colby be her partner--period--because "this is not a fair game." Will she get her wish?

> Which two tribe members will get a day of great food and snorkeling, and which one will ultimately show up the other?

*** All this stuff was just the coming attractions for next week from the CBS website - I saw it earlier today. It's all just red herring stuff

What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about???

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

03-23-01, 05:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: ANALYSIS"
>A shocking twist will have people talking the next day. What
>will it be?

Possibilities:
1) A tornado (or high winds) rips through camp.
2) Somebody twists a body part or is otherwise injured. I suspect that while that narrative of the Blindfold Jousting couldn't be real, perhaps some elements could. A perfect MB red herring? Maybe Rodger does get injured in the shoulder, just not on horseback.
3) Amber "black widows" Jerri. In a related vein, the shocking twist could be that the Ogie alliance does not hold in the voting.
4) Nick actually says something worthwhile!!!

> While others insist on choosing partners from a hat, Jerri >insists that Colby be her partner--period--because "this is not
>a fair game." Will she get her wish?

1) Well, there IS that talk of that XXX video... Maybe she DID get her wish, a pickle tickle from the Colbster!
2) Insisting on Colby is all the more reason Jerri is gonna get waxed at TC.

> Which two tribe members will
>get a day of great
>food and snorkeling, and which
>one will ultimately show up
>the other?

My bet is on Jerri and Colby. And Colby shows up Jerri by NOT accepting her invitation to an evening picke tickle. This will also give others time to have a little heart-to-heart with Amber and clue her in on the Facts of Life That Jerri Is Going To Be Gone.

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

03-25-01, 06:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: ANALYSIS"
I believe that the title of EP.9 is "Honeymoon or not?"
That combined with the CBS teasers and the Survivor promo for next week leads me to believe the whole episode is devoted to the "pairing" of tribe-members.
Regardless of how much Jerri whines and mopes about not being able to pick her own partner...she will end up with Colby( she just happens to notice the exact size and shape of his... um ..piece of paper, before going into the hat). there is no proof that this happens, except the picture of Colby sliding down the netting with what looks like Jerri's hair emerging from bottom of frame. I firmly believe that Colby and whoever he is paired up with will win the RC (based on the forshadowing of RC winners with Jerri reading the menu in ep.8 promos...Colby is noted as saying that of all the RC's this is the one to win.MB being subtle yet glaringly symbolic?
With Colby and Jerri gone the rest of the tribe can let out a collective sigh of relief ... except Amber is newly privy to this group hatred for Jerri, this combined with her feelings for Colby will put L'amber into a quandry(are they planning something...are they getting close?)
Now to the pictures of the tribe looking as if in a balancing face-off....I believe that the "partners" from the RC will be "opponents" at IC...facing off in what some say is a log rolling type of thing..I'm thinking a "Don't Rock The Canoe" (then the tribe could get a canoe back before the flood comes)
As far as which member ultimately shows up the other..I again believe that this is referring to Colby and Jerri(or his partner)
Who show's up who? My vote; Colby show's Jerri once and for all he really isn't on her side.
RECAP:RC is obstacle course w/ Male/Female partners running in Tandem for the best combined time.Jerri and Colby want to win everyone else wants to lose and have quiet time back at camp.Winner's:Colby and his partner(Jerri)
IC is try to unbalance your partner(log-rolling)or "Don't rock the Canoe?" Colby shows up Jerri..but Winner: Rodger=shocking suprise?
Who's voted out...hmmm the Oga's were going to pick Rodger but the Oga "honeymoon" is over: BYE JERRI. It sure was great to find out that you were somewhat human during the outback outtakes EP. But a little too little a lot too late.
Any thoughts any one?

idiotcowboy 1135 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-25-01, 11:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail idiotcowboy Click to send private message to idiotcowboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: ANALYSIS"
Now why does Amber who at this point would know she's no better than 4th go along with any of this? Way to big of a risk for the Ogre alliances with this many kucha's left in the game. Lis is the greatest risk left and she's the one to go without IC. If Lis wins IC I was leaning towards Nick (second biggest threat)... but a lot of evidence points to Rodger... which makes sense only if Lis wins IC and Ogre want's to break up the Lis/Rodger pair... or if Rodger either hurts himself and/or asks to leave and the Ogre's agree to a "mercy killing".

I think the canoe thing makes a lot of sense, to me at least.

Finally, the "twist" could be that Lis goes since she is rumored to be in final 2 (Lis/Amber html thing), or perhaps there is a tornado spotted a little too close to camp, or maybe someone hurts something.. an ankle? not serious enough to be forced to leave but it may make them less competitive in future challenges, or maybe in a REALLY unexpected twist Rodger wins the IC (shocking in and of itself) and insists on giving it to Lis... prompting a rule clarification and Rodger's ultimate evition... or maybe MB's just messing with us.... again.

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-26-01, 00:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "'...Shocking Twist..." is the key!"
There has been a good deal of analysis relating to the EP9 and EP10 previews. I would like to focus this discussion on EP9 while continuing to use EP10 to check our scenarios against.

While the legitamacy of these preview "clues" is often questioned, hindsight shows us that they are usually reliable if correctly interpreted.

For example:

"...jaw dropping incident..." Mike falls into the fire.

"...stunning turn of events.." Ogakor comes back from 5-3 deficit.

"...shocking surprise..." Tina and Colby vote against Mitchell in EP4.

Most of the EP9 previews refer to the RC and hunger, rising river, and fishing problems. I believe that the only statement that relates to who goes in EP9 is:

"A shocking twist will have people talking the next day."

Theories that have already been discussed include:

Lightning strike close to camp.
"Twister" funnel cloud.
Colby "twisting" his ankle.
Rodger gets hurt during a challenge, asks to be voted out.
Amber turns against Jerri.
"Kentucky Joe" winning immunity.

Are any of these a good fit? Would any of these have people talking the next day?

When I go to work the day after "Survivor Night", people talk about who got booted, why they got booted, if they liked them or hated them, if they were surprised or not, and who they think is going next week!

MB takes the viewing public down the same path every week. He uses the available events and footage and edits it to create suspense and drama. He then leads us to doubt ourselves, as he builds to a clinax at TC where he throws in a Twist.

When MB doesn't have any surprising events occur, he fabricates them with clever editing. But when he DOES have one, he uses his storytelling techniques to turn it into a "shocking twist".

Just like a good short story writer, MB likes to save his "twist" until the end of the story (tribal council).

Last week he built up to a climax vote between Alicia and Jerri, editing the story to make the audience think Jerri was going and then throwing in a twist at the end. The next day everyone talked about how disappointed they were.

In EP4, a REAL surprise developed in the game and MB was able to edit it into what was previewed as a "SHOCKING surprise". The "twist" in that episode also came at TC when Mitchell was voted out by Tina, Colby and Keith. We all talked about it the next day at work.

So, in EP9 it appears that some real TWIST occurs and will be edited to become a "SHOCKING TWIST". It will be revealed, at TC as is MB trademark.

Someone unexpectedly gets voted off in "a shocking twist that will have everyone talking the next day"...The only question is who will it be?

Just wishful thinking? I don't think so.

Figure out what the shocking twist is and you've figured out EP9.

AyatollahKhomeini 2008 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

03-26-01, 10:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyatollahKhomeini Click to send private message to AyatollahKhomeini Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "Your theory?"
Krautboy, I have been really busy this week, but I was trying to paste your theory of this week together from your various posts:

1. Jerri and Colby probably do pair up and win the RC. This may be because everyone is tired of arguing with her.

2. Colby then gets the chance to "show up" Jerri at IC when the teams for the RC become the first round opponents for IC. (BTW, have any of you ever done log rolling? I tried it once and could barely even stand on the log before falling in to the water. It seems TOO difficult for an IC (as opposed to an RC).)

3. The shocking twist is the TC vote?

Well, there is no way on God's green earth that there is going to be an Ogakor/Kucha alliance. But ... as someone else discussed, if Jerri's gone at RC, Amber will be left alone with Benedict Tina -- which creates the unexpected possibility (one I had not anticipated in my earlier argument that Jerri was safe for E9) of a rift in the Amber-Jerri alliance -- which would explain their seeming estrangement.

Does this summarize your current thinking? How does it all fit with the spoilers and evidence?
Final four: 1st Keith, 2nd Amber, 3rd Tina, 4th Colby

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-26-01, 11:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Your theory?"
We've missed your level headed logic this week! (Reality can get in the way sometimes) Hope you and Superman and Shakes and others are back to full strength by Thursday. There's a lot "muddying up the waters" this week.

Anyway, still too early for a summary, but I think you just hit on something regarding Amber. It ties in nicely to the "Keith comment" on recent CBS commercial. I have not seen it but reportedly he says,"...we are going to sacrifice one of our Ogakor members." There is a seperate thread discussing the various implications but your logic fits with this new development.

I'm still digesting the possibility of Amber being the one to go. She would be more of a "sacrifice" than Jerri. Amber would also be a "shocking twist" were Jerri is somewhat expected if an Ogakor is to go. Amber being sacrificed also eliminates the risk of defection that you have with Amber if Jerri gets the boot.

So you see, we still have way too much to consider.

How much sleep do you need anyway? We need you here!

03-26-01, 11:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyatollahKhomeini Click to send private message to AyatollahKhomeini Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "Jerri v. Amber"
Well, since we know Maralyn liked Amber back in E3 (and called her the "Mad Pup"), it would seem likely that Tina (maralyn's best friend) gets along with Amber when Jerri is gone. In short, I was thinking along the same lines that you were: that Benedict Tina would be more likely to try to convert Amber away from the "dark side" represented by Jerri than to sacrifice Amber.

And we still haven't tied in the weight loss spoilers, which might actually prove valuable if Barramundi completely runs out of food (as the E10 description seems to hint): we had significant weight loss reported for Keith, Rodger, Nick, Amber, and Colby but not Tina, Liz or Jerri ... but we do know that Tina returned home ravenous, meaning Jerri and Liz are the only survivors unaccounted for.

But Rodger is still one of Maralyn's friends, and Jerri isn't. Hmmm.

03-27-01, 02:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail idiotcowboy Click to send private message to idiotcowboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Jerri v. Amber"
AyaK... I'm kinda new here... but wouldn't the weight loss theory pan out if say Lis goes e9 (limiting her weight loss), Rodger (hangs out with Mad Dog) in e10, and Jerri (Alisha's new buddy) in e11. Lis going in 9 or 10 makes a lot of sense to me because I see her as the biggest IC threat left on the kuchas (physically healthier and mentally stronger than either Rodger or Nick), and Jerri can be safely removed in e11, and maybe in e10 with an appropriate alliance.

The one that bugs be is Rodger... why would they want to get rid of him... he doesn't seem to be much of an IC threat... and comes across as a really nice guy... plus he's been catching fish like a pro (at least until the river goes bad), yet a lot of the spoilers are pointing his direction (the party, Mad Dog, etc.) Even the fact that MB is pushing us towards a Jerri vote-off (AGAIN) makes me think at the very least it will be a kucha this week... maybe Rodger becomes sickly after a few days of lack of food and is unable to help much with the camp move (lack of effort forces difficult decision... the Ogre would rather let Nick go here but in an act of mercy takes out Rodger instead)? Just a thought... or two.

03-27-01, 11:56 AM (EST)
34. "Building a shelter"
LAST EDITED ON 03-27-01 AT 12:04 PM (EST)

Here's the problem I run into with a Rodger boot: the river is rising. It clearly has to have occurred to Ogakor that the shelter may have to be rebuilt if it rises enough. Which Kucha would you most like to have helping you build a new shelter? I would think that would have to be Rodger. I can't see a scenario in which Rodger gets too sick to help and asks for a "mercy boot," because I don't see Kentucky Joe giving up unless he thought he was dying.

If Rodger doesn't go, then Nick is most likely. But why isn't Nick a friend of Maralyn's? He seems nice enough, even though he has played no real role in the game so far. And if Liz went next, wouldn't she DEFINITELY be a friend of Maralyn's?

Then add the weight loss factor, plus the fact that Tina (the "Queen of Scheme") will get Amber alone IF (a very big if) Jerri and Colby win the RC. I don't believe in the "good guys alliance" of Keith/Tina/Liz/Rodger (as if Benedict Tina is a good guy); I think Tina and Colby believe it's Ogakor to the end. As long as Amber is on their team, Ogakor has the controlling majority -- without needing Jerri. I could see Maralyn being a little cold toward Jerri, especially if "the women" (read: Jerri) pushed for a Maralyn boot, as Mitchell said, which would explain why Jerri isn't a friend of Maralyn's.

That doesn't mean Jerri goes; it could still be Rodger. But it does indicate that my previously-posted reluctance to believe she goes prior to E10 no longer holds. I haven't made up my mind yet.

Minstrel 422 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-27-01, 02:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Minstrel Click to send private message to Minstrel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Your theory?"
Keith's statement of "sacrifice one of the Ogakors" is more MB. The actual statement could be something like, "If they (Kucha) think we're going to sacrifice one of our Ogakors they're crazy!" Point is the statement isn't complete just like Elisabeth's statement in E6 about "it just hit hard" was all about her feelings she felt over Mike's accident as she was coming out of shock. Be wary of MB!!!!

On the reward challenge. It's simple on the draw thing. More MB. Jerri says she wants Colby and since at least two Ogakors need to be together and MB wants to develop this (Jerri's story not complete), she's given her choice while MB matches up an Ogakor and a Kucha by a draw out of two hats! Tina is with Rodger. That leaves Keith, Amber, Nick, and Elisabeth. Guess what, it also matches up a male and a female! Prediction:
Keith is on Elisabeth's side and Nick on Amber's.

Being a team match, R/T can't win because Rodger sucks in physical challenges. N/A can't win (if) Nick is sick. K/E have a great chance but what this really does is tie the Keith and Rodger fishing talk with Elisabeth so they don't win. Colby and Jerri win the reward challenge giving Jerri another chance to feel (no pun intended, but MB loves it) Colby (on his alliance to her). Colby retreats further from Jerri giving Jerri the clue she's in trouble and needs to find support in Kucha.

The only problem is, K/E/R and possibly Tina are aligning and Jerri is now in real trouble. Do they form quick enough to hit Jerri? If not, Nick is a target to be booted to gain the room (Colby's thought and perhaps Tina) to hit Jerri next.

Kucha aimed at Colby (strongest)in E7. They tried to woo Tina in E8 but Alicia was gone, yet Kucha hit Jerri. They are on to her. If E/K match up Jerri is targeted. Problems here is again the breathing room. There's no need for Nick to be allowed in. Hit him to get breathing room.

I don't see E/K matching up quite yet because Amber will be in camp while Jerri and Colby are away and will spill the beans if talk is open or she feels threatened (and she would be if the alliance breaks). So, this will take some time. Say in E10?

Nick goes and Tina probably wins immunity (based on preview pics).

Any thoughts?

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

03-26-01, 00:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "Here's the Link to the Weather Tracker Site"

Here's the Link to the Survivor 2 Weather Tracker Site:

http://avianado.8m.net/survivor_2_weather_tracker.htm

I could have sworn that I saw a reference to funnel clouds somewhere. Can't find it now

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

03-26-01, 00:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: ANALYSIS"
In my opinion, if Jerri forces Colby's hand too soon, she is gone. Colby can go either way, with Jerri/Amber or Keith/Tina, and that is a strategically brilliant situation he has created for himself; but it is too soon to force the issue until only six are left, anyone who forces it too soon does so at his or her disadvantage.

annadad2 17 desperate attention whore postings

03-26-01, 12:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail annadad2 Click to send private message to annadad2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: ANALYSIS"
Colby's position as the swing vote is great but it only gets him so far. If he makes it to the final three with either Keith/Tina or Jerri/Amber, what then? Wouldn't he end up ousted in a 2-1 vote? Hatch's brilliant play got him into the final three along with his "partner" Rudy. I'm not sure I'd call Colby's position brilliant because it comes up short in the end.

I also think that if he was smart he would go with Jerri/Amber and then try to get into a final 2 with Jerri since he should be able to easily beat her in a final jury vote. Tina and Keith would not be as easy to beat.

03-26-01, 11:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: ANALYSIS"
yes, everything you say is right as far as it goes, but the other triad is keith/colby/tina. Keith has both colby and tina convinced he is their buddy to the final two, and he doesn't have to decide between them unless he wins the final immunity or "the other" (whoever it may be) wins immunity going into tcfinalfour.

03-26-01, 01:09 AM (EST)
20. "RE: ANALYSIS"
Maybe the IC will be a demented game of Twister!!!

Sorry. The Rodger breaks something rumor has resurfaced, maybe there's something to it, but the unthinkable croc didn't happen off his log so I'm not expecting anything terribly bad.

Actually, it occurs to me that someone as demented as Burnett might regard a bolt of lightning as a "shocking twist" ... maybe that croc gets hit by one.

Again, the word unthinkable didn't come up in the promo ... who knows? Maybe Keith finally cooks a good batch of rice.

C_Master 31 desperate attention whore postings

03-26-01, 02:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail C_Master Click to send private message to C_Master Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: ANALYSIS"
Hi everybody...
Was hoping someone could tell me if there were any spoilers pointing to who/why/when Mitchell got voted off? I heard that Tina may have been the driving force. The whole TC just came out of the blue with Mitchell leaving and I just don't understand what caused it.

Thanx!

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

03-26-01, 02:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: ANALYSIS"
C-Master (is that short for chess master? or the C computer language?), you need to find the threads that talk about Tina. There you'll find more information on the "shocking" but flawless Mitchell execution.

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

DivaByTheSea 175 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-26-01, 02:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DivaByTheSea Click to send private message to DivaByTheSea Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "CBS teaster wording"
It's posted earlier in this thread about the words that CBS/MB chooses in their teasers....one came to mind in particular, that turned out to me so insignificant. There was the spoiler about "who gets threatened to go 'time out' and who threatens them." That was hashed out here, and ended up being SO insignificant, that I couldn't believe that they used that as a spoiler....Tina yelled at Jerri and Keith that she was going to put them in time out. She didn't even really yell at them.

My point in bringing this up, is that sometimes these spoilers end up being over relatively insignifican plot points. They don't drive the story of the show, merely they are over some incident that does not relate to the end result, but were of a nature that you could write a spoiler based on it.

I don't think that "shocking twist" for this week means that someone gets hurt (as in twists their ankle). Why would they use the word 'shocking' for that? As much as we debate their wordings, I'm sure that CBS/MB picks and chooses their wording even more carefully than we dissect them.

**** Remember, the mighty oak was once just a crazy little nut that held its ground. ****

03-26-01, 08:13 PM (EST)
26. "RE: CBS teaster wording"
Diva- Your example is great and I had forgotten about that... as to the ankle thing... it is just like the Trial by Fire title for Michael's departure... "Trial" means little in the context of the show "fire" is the key word here. So "Shocking Twist" could mean "shocking" (lightning?) or "twist" (ankle?) either could be key... both could be concerning something completly insignificant (like who get's paired with Colby after Jerri pitches a little fit). As with all teasers for this show we should be taking them with a grain of salt, but also realize there might... just might be something too them as well.

BTW - love your tag line!

03-26-01, 10:24 PM (EST)
27. "CBS teasers"
Diva, it's true that some of the teasers have had no meaning, like the "time out." But, as Krautboy points out, some of them have had LOTS of meaning ... and so far, all of the ones that have been built up to be major have actually been major.

MadforMadDog 48 desperate attention whore postings

03-27-01, 12:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MadforMadDog Click to send private message to MadforMadDog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: CBS teaster wording"
Diva,
I think you may be on the right track and the "shocking" portion is what is important. There is a lightning strike close to camp and everyone's hair stands up (I don't know if have been close to strike but you can feel the electricity and it scares the he** out of you). However, the key point is that is not relevant to the TC.

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-26-01, 04:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sleeeve Click to send private message to sleeeve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: ANALYSIS"
Welcome to the board C_Master...

What you're looking for is here:

http://community.survivorblows.com/boards/cgi-bin/dcboard.cgi?az=show_thread&om=1013&forum=DCForumID2&omm=0

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •