The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Rhonda got a little too emotional...away from Lisa"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

ipsedixit 14 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

02-06-06, 11:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ipsedixit Click to send private message to ipsedixit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Rhonda got a little too emotional...away from Lisa"
I watched the episode where Lisa was found e-mailing Mr. Internet again. And Rhonda called her on it and then SOME!!! Rhonda told her she wasn't helping Lisa and walked out on her. And later on...Lisa called Rhonda. Rhonda listened to her. And Rhonda was very hard on Lisa once again.

That is all fine...that is all good. Rhonda SHOULD definitely call Lisa on the things she is doing wrong.

HOWEVER, what I don't agree with is Rhonda looking into the camera and going off and telling the VIEWERS her frustration and that she isn't going to listen to her "Crocodile Tears". She was evidently angry when she was talking to the viewers, away from Lisa herself. It seemed unprofessional. What kind of counselor talks bad about their clients away from their clients? We see what Lisa is doing is holding her back, we as viewers see it is "bad" for Lisa to keep sabotaging herself. You don't need to tell us. I'd never want a counselor who talks bad about me behind my back.

Now given that Rhonda needs to call Lisa out on her self-sabotage, when Rhonda is AWAY from Lisa, Rhonda, as a "professional counselor" should be expressing grief that Lisa is sabotaging her healing, Rhonda should be expressing that perhaps Lisa is "in deeper" than can be healed on a television show, Rhonda should be expressing that some people cannot do things on the "time table" of the tv counselors, Rhonda should be expressing sadness for a human that is hurting herself, Rhonda should be expressing that perhaps the "Life-Coach/TV laid out-cures" for Lisa are not the "cures" that will be effective in treating Lisa. When she is away from Lisa and talking to the viewers, Rhonda should be expressing concern for a human being hurting. That is her "job", after all. Maybe it isn't, I truthfully could be wrong. Maybe I don't know what a "Life Coach" really is. I guess it is beyond definition other than what is convenient for the tv show. Rhonda needs to tell Lisa she needs someone more qualified to heal her when she is voted out of the house. (I can't see Lisa being able to stay.)

I was glad to see Jill crying for Lisa. Rhonda can't seem to "cry" for Lisa. Yes, it is right to call Lisa out and shake Lisa up. But when Rhonda is all alone with the camera and the viewers, when she is NOT trying to teach Lisa and shake Lisa, she should speak more compassionately.

Of course, Rhonda is venting her frustration. Rhonda too is only human and human's make mistakes. I hope later in the week, I find Rhonda show some genuine sadness that Lisa is failing...even if she can't say it to Lisa, she could express it to the viewers.

At least then, I'd at least gain some respect back for Rhonda, instead of seeing her as callous. (The "Board of Review" has not decided yet about Rhonda.)

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Rhonda got a little too emotion... lovemydogdude 02-06-06 1
   RE: Rhonda got a little too emotion... SOfan0221 02-07-06 4
 RE: Rhonda got a little too emotion... krystaldragon 02-07-06 2
   RE: Rhonda got a little too emotion... lovemydogdude 02-07-06 3
 RE: Rhonda got a little too emotion... eire_heart74 02-07-06 5
   RE: Rhonda got a little too emotion... mishamimi 02-08-06 17
 RE: Rhonda got a little too emotion... AshLanie 02-07-06 6
   RE: Rhonda got a little too emotion... lovemydogdude 02-07-06 9
 RE: Rhonda got a little too emotion... jlarue3253 02-07-06 7
   RE: Rhonda got a little too emotion... Baxtera 02-07-06 8
   RE: Rhonda got a little too emotion... jeana28 02-07-06 10
       RE: Rhonda got a little too emotion... Zoey 02-07-06 11
           RE: Rhonda got a little too emotion... SOFANinGA 02-07-06 12
       RE: Rhonda got a little too emotion... ChicagoViewer 02-09-06 18
 RE: Rhonda got a little too emotion... foreveramber 02-07-06 13
   RE: Rhonda got a little too emotion... DedeV 02-07-06 15
 RE: Rhonda got a little too emotion... bellyButton 02-07-06 14
   RE: Rhonda got a little too emotion... Little Blimp 02-08-06 16
       RE: Rhonda got a little too emotion... jeana28 02-09-06 19
           RE: Rhonda got a little too emotion... ChicagoViewer 02-09-06 20
           RE: Rhonda got a little too emotion... Little Blimp 02-09-06 21

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

lovemydogdude 1253 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

02-06-06, 11:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lovemydogdude Click to send private message to lovemydogdude Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Rhonda got a little too emotional...away from Lisa"
IMO it's about time they showed Rhonda getting mad at Lisa. I agree it does seem unethical the way she talked in the confessional but that room/camera is very much a part of the show and they've done this sort of thing many many times. I think it was fakey, Rhonda's all of a sudden deciding to get tough with Lisa? What took so long? All of the things you suggested Rhonda should say are great but I doubt it'll ever happen. They will never admit that their house and the exercises are not effective..they would only blame it on the individual.

SOfan0221 828 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

02-07-06, 07:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SOfan0221 Click to send private message to SOfan0221 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Rhonda got a little too emotional...away from Lisa"
Yep, it is all about ratings. However, Lisa and all the other HG's signed contracts to put their life out there for all of us to see so Rhonda's agravation at Lisa's actions should also be part of the package. Rhonda has invested a lot of time trying to help Lisa succeed in her goals, only for Lisa to trot rigth off an do the things she promised not to.

Lisa has coasted through SO and been given more chances than anyone. Rhonda should have went off on her long ago, but I agree with some of the other HG's - Lisa wanted to get caught. How dumb is it to write your ex lover who your supposedly over and not supposed to be contacting at the same time you have an appointment with your LC?

And why would you sleep naked in a house full of cameramen, when your LC stomps in and yells for you to act like a grown up instead of sleeping in?

Lisa just doesn't have a clue. She is kind of scary crazy.

krystaldragon 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-07-06, 00:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail krystaldragon Click to send private message to krystaldragon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Rhonda got a little too emotional...away from Lisa"
I have to agree with you. I am an RN and I would never dream of talking about a patient like that. I realize this is a reality show and that was probably meant for effect, but these are also real people. Lisa may need more help than "Starting Over" can give her, but don't make it worse by humiliating her further.

02-07-06, 02:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail lovemydogdude Click to send private message to lovemydogdude Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Rhonda got a little too emotional...away from Lisa"
Welcome krystaldragon
I'm too am an RN (coingkeedink huh) so I understand how you might think this enhances your objection to this point. As much as I know it's wrong..this show is so wrong in so many ways! The women sign their lives away I'm sure with all their disclaimers that covers SO's hiney.

eire_heart74 1231 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

02-07-06, 08:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail eire_heart74 Click to send private message to eire_heart74 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Rhonda got a little too emotional...away from Lisa"
I can understand your frustration about Rhonda. One, she should of called her on it a long time ago. However the part of her venting to the camera being unethical, I have to disagree with. This isn't real therapy and she isn't a therapist. Rhonda was doing what she does best. Creating drama after being cued by a director.

These women went onto the show knowing ahead of time what could be shown if they went into the house. That means footage from their sessions with the life coach, group and Dr Stan meetings. (frankly he's the only real therapist there. You don't ever see him bashing his clients do ya?) Now you could say that they shouldn't show any meetings with Dr Stan because he is a real therapist but that's not the point of the show is it?

It's a soap opera people. Sad as I am to say it. Because the first season I thought was really great. Now it's become a joke.

mishamimi 55 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

02-08-06, 09:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mishamimi Click to send private message to mishamimi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Rhonda got a little too emotional...away from Lisa"
"This isn't real therapy and she isn't a therapist."

Important point to remember! Sometimes I have real concerns about the level of emotional work the LC's are doing with the SO ladies because I do not think they are totally dialed in to the amazing power and danger that lies within the bonds of a helping relationship. It is a unique dynamic. This said however, I do not think Ronda was too harsh on Lisa. Drama or no drama, Lisa is gaming her big time and needs her proverbial wings clipped.

AshLanie 895 desperate attention whore postings

02-07-06, 08:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AshLanie Click to send private message to AshLanie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Rhonda got a little too emotional...away from Lisa"
it is sweeps month and we must remember Rhonda was an actress before becoming an LC.....she appeared on atleast one show Married with Children.

IF Rhond actually felt the way she protrayed her anger to us then why not do it to Lisa? Why not kick her out NOW, at rhe moment she caught her again in a lie while Lisa still has the D grade?

Cause it is acting...she is acting for u7s the viewers....like we believe anything Rhonda has to say anymoe....she has lost all creditability.....

Feb sweeps month.....

02-07-06, 04:08 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Rhonda got a little too emotional...away from Lisa"
Wasn't she also in the puppet master 4 or something? LMAO Excellent prerequisite to this show hehe.

jlarue3253 17 desperate attention whore postings

02-07-06, 08:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jlarue3253 Click to send private message to jlarue3253 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Rhonda got a little too emotional...away from Lisa"
I disagree because I am just so sick of Lisa. I can understand why Rhonda is talking about her. It doesnt seem to do any good to talk to her. I think she should be voted out. She's clearly not ready. It sad though.

Baxtera 923 desperate attention whore postings

02-07-06, 11:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Baxtera Click to send private message to Baxtera Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Rhonda got a little too emotional...away from Lisa"
This show is so far away from coaching and so much into the soap realm that this is all staged for dramatic effect. We've stopped coaching.

jeana28 179 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-07-06, 04:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jeana28 Click to send private message to jeana28 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Rhonda got a little too emotional...away from Lisa"
Well Rhonda has showed great patience and strength not to blow up on Lisa. it shouldve been done along time ago i agree. Im sure it offended her when Lisa said "they thought you were crazy" We forget Rhonda is a person with feelings, trying to do a job, helping a woman who clearly does not want any kind of help. She knows it, she sees it on the playbacks. Its all building up people. I have a feeling Rhonda is going to let it all out on BOR. This time shes not gonna give her any more chances. and if she does, Ive lost all the respect i had left of her. This woman( Lisa) clearly is sabotoging the system. There are people out there, that really want to be on the show. But shes taking up space with Mr.Internet and learning how to sell Tupperware and making Jewelry? She clearly doesnt want to do any of it, shes hoping some guy out there that just wants a trophy wife on his arm, with no substance at all to call her and say " Oh Lisa come live in my condo, I'll buy you everthing and all you have to do is smile and not question anything i do". Thats her fantasy life. What she didnt expect, or even thought about was actually TRYING to improve herself in the house. All she saw was the word " T.V" Star and she batted her eyes and bang she got the part.. she probably didnt read the fine print.. now shes got herself into a whole crying and puking cant get her out of. SOOOOOOOO SAD...

Zoey 326 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

02-07-06, 07:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Zoey Click to send private message to Zoey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Rhonda got a little too emotional...away from Lisa"
Lisa has proved time and time again that she doesn't want/isn't ready to be helped. I think that Rhonda has been more than patient. I feel that Lisa shoud have been gone a long time ago.

Lisa is taking up space when someone could be in the house who could really benefit from their help.

I feel bad on one hand that Lisa has been so unhelpable but that is because she has resisted help.

I feel that if it's not now with Lisa, than it's never, but she chose that.

SOFANinGA 13 desperate attention whore postings

02-07-06, 08:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SOFANinGA Click to send private message to SOFANinGA Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Rhonda got a little too emotional...away from Lisa"
LAST EDITED ON 02-07-06 AT 08:42 PM (EST)

Hi,
I am posting for the first time but have watched the show since first season. Zoey, I couldn't agree with you more! I think if Lisa was to get out of the house now or 4 weeks ago, it wouldn't have made any difference. That is so sad!
It's so obvious that Lisa is up to her old tricks for a free ride & SO is fitting her bill.
You have to remember that Rhonda is human too & EVERYONE has their "enough is enough" limit. It's tuff being in the "helper role" & not seeing your Client be committed & do the work. That's frustrating!
Sad but true, that thousands of Woman would have given their eye teeth to be in that house & she is taking advantage of SO.

ChicagoViewer 71 desperate attention whore postings

02-09-06, 09:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ChicagoViewer Click to send private message to ChicagoViewer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Rhonda got a little too emotional...away from Lisa"
I don't remember Lisa saying, "They thought you were crazy." Could you remind me what and who she was talking about when she said that?

foreveramber 21 desperate attention whore postings

02-07-06, 10:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail foreveramber Click to send private message to foreveramber Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Rhonda got a little too emotional...away from Lisa"
Lisa1 had a date and a goal of raising $250 for her tupperware party all in the same day. Rhonda herself has said that Lisa folds under pressure so what does she do? Rhonda turns the heat up on Lisa1, which this viewer finds sadistic.

DedeV 155 desperate attention whore postings

02-07-06, 11:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DedeV Click to send private message to DedeV Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Rhonda got a little too emotional...away from Lisa"
I don't think they were on the same night. I think they were on different days.

bellyButton 171 desperate attention whore postings

02-07-06, 11:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bellyButton Click to send private message to bellyButton Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Rhonda got a little too emotional...away from Lisa"
i guess in a way all the coaches talk about all the house guests to 'us' as into the camera. i never thought of it the way you see it but i understand why you feel that way. it seems like so many are yelling at rhonda and angry that she has been too patient with lisa and then other's want her to be more patient..so i guess no one can please everyone. i really could tell rhonda was for real angry yesterday..after reading what the letter said..the email was very hurtful towards rhonda..she was hurt but kept her cool alot better than i would have and it was best i think, that she did leave asap. you're right though about the whole thing being more sad than anything. and i really felt sorry for jill..i think lisa needs to see that she didn't just break some rules but some 'hearts'...all for her.

Little Blimp 132 desperate attention whore postings

02-08-06, 04:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Little%20Blimp Click to send private message to Little%20Blimp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Rhonda got a little too emotional...away from Lisa"
When did Lisa tell Rhonda that people thought she was crazy? I do recall on these very boards that people were saying Rhonda was a nut to make Lisa do some of these exercises. And I recall people being ticked off about the jewelry exercise as well.

I just don't recall hearing Lisa say that to Rhonda.

jeana28 179 desperate attention whore postings

02-09-06, 11:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jeana28 Click to send private message to jeana28 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Rhonda got a little too emotional...away from Lisa"
Well Lisa was telling Rhonda how she was replying to all these emails she was getting about how Rhonda was being crazy" but remember this was coming from Lisa's mouth so i wouldnt take it for anymore than what its worth. She was trying to cover up emailing ( AGAIN!!!) Mr.Internet. making it like why she was on the computer instead of working on her party justified. Just the fact that Lisa said all those things to Internet man about the show and Rhonda.. Rhonda finally had enough. I'm sure Rhonda wanted Lisa gone along time ago. But i think the producers said "OHHH NOO we need Lisa for the ratings" ( well according to lisa anyway)and when she went to the grocery store.. you think she was sneaking off somewhere to watch the show? or maybe checking the boards? because im sure they couldnt check them while they were in the house. she probably figured out she would go down to a local cybercafe, check out the boards and see what people say about her. How else would she know what people were saying about Ronda? She would just tell her housemates she was going to the grocery store or something. Lisa may not be very smart common sense wise, but shes smart enough to sneak around.

ChicagoViewer 71 desperate attention whore postings

02-09-06, 12:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ChicagoViewer Click to send private message to ChicagoViewer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Rhonda got a little too emotional...away from Lisa"
There are cameras in the van, and there are often camera crews along with the women when they go out. I'd be very surprised if Lisa could go to a cyber cafe without the producers and LCs knowing about it.

Little Blimp 132 desperate attention whore postings

02-09-06, 12:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Little%20Blimp Click to send private message to Little%20Blimp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Rhonda got a little too emotional...away from Lisa"
LAST EDITED ON 02-09-06 AT 11:29 PM (EST)

I'm betting that friends were e-mailing her about the show and Rhonda. I didn't realize that their episodes started airing when they were still in the house.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •