The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"EP3 WHAT WE KNOW AND WHAT WE DO NOT KNOW"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Spoiler/Speculation Forum (Protected)
Original message

Gingerman28 380 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-14-05, 10:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Gingerman28 Click to send private message to Gingerman28 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"EP3 WHAT WE KNOW AND WHAT WE DO NOT KNOW"
Again, this week there are a lot of holes in our story but we do seem to have a pretty good idea of where they start (Santiago,Chile) and where they end (Mendoza, Argentina). It is the road in between that is not so clear. So lets begin again at the beginning.

The first team to arrive at the Neptune Fountain in Santiago, Chile was Rob and Amber. From the lack of shadows it looks like it is close to high noon. As the other teams arrive the shadows begin to lengthen but not dramatically. So we can assume that the task was completed around noon time. So that means that again the next leg will begin in the dead of night.

And we do see Rob and Amber taking that cab in the middle of the night as Debbie and Bianca seem to be inside a hotel lobby asking directions for some place at the hotel desk. Now this is the first interesting thing for this leg. Rob and Amber arrived first and Debbie and Bianca were the sixth team to arrive, but now they are now together.

Where do they go with the taxi so early in the morning? Some speculate that they are going to the airport and fly to Mendoza, but this does not seem to match other footage that we will be seeing. So they may have a place to visit to pick up their next clue (if this is the case, there probably will be a major bunching waiting for the place to open after sunrise.)

Next we have Susan and Patrick driving in a nice new SUV of some sort. And from the looks of things it is early in the morning through the streets of Santiago. And later we see them driving with mountain scenery through the windows and the sun is now almost directly in Susan's eyes. We also have been told that they become completely lost and drive two hours in the wrong direction. If they then retrace their route they would be at least four or more hours behind everyone else. This will be a major handicap to overcome. And, in fact, this is the last we see of them in the previews.

So is the first task to do something in Santiago and then find their cars and drive up the mountain road from Santiago through Los Andes reaching the border at Portill. This would be a five to six hour drive. Here the road is that famous switchback to beat all switchbacks up to the border with Argentina at the Paso de los Libertores. This is the route that General Jose de San Martin took from Mendoza in 1817 when he led the Argentine army to drive the Spanish out of Chile and Peru. (More about this later).

The next we know about is seeing the teams walking, hiking, climbing up to the spot where the next clue box is located along side the abandoned tracks of the Transandine Railway which ran from Los Andes, Chile to Mendoza, Argentina. The interesting thing here is that none of the teams have their backpacks with them when they reach this clue box. So are their cars parked somewhere below at a scenic spot? Perhaps the famous natural bridge, Puenta del Inca? Or did they have to leave them at the border (no customs clearance for the cars? and walk to this site which may not be far away, but if this is the case, where are their backpacks?)

This, I think, is the DETOUR clue box. And the tasks seem to be a choice between PEDDLE a bike a certain distance along the railway track or PADDLE a raft through a trecherous white water course on the Rio Mendoza. In any case somewhere along the line they will have to retreave their back packs after they have completed the Detour. It looks like U/J and R/D are doing the rafting. The others looks like bikers. Except for S/P who are missing.

Their next stop may be the Parque Provincial Aconcagua where they will meet up with a really typical Argentine Churrasco or barbecue. This is the SUPERSIZED EATING CHALLENGE (not so much gross as first hinted at, but supersized like in the St. Petersburg caviar challenge.) And the Argentine churrasco is tremendous! And endless parade of beef, pork, lamb, sausage, and innerds (as my wife describes them). It could be a super size challenge and we do see everyone having trouble choking down the endless parade of goodies. Except Rob. This is truely CBS misdirection. His "I'm done!" is repeated over and over in the various commercials to give you the hint that he is throwing the challenge, taking a penalty, and perhaps putting he and Amber in danger of being eliminated. BUT, we have a nice sighting of them two or three legs later in South Africa, so do not be misled; I think he is saying he is done with his alliance with Ron and Ray or that he is merely stating that he is done eating.

The pitstop probably is in Mendoza. This would be a nice spot to stop after a very trying and difficult day. Mendoza also leads to the "Gaucho" country hinted at for Leg 4 and also has an international airport which would give the teams an escape route to London where we believe they will end up at the end of Leg 4. In Mendoza they may head for the Parque General San Martin and find the statue of General Jose de San Martin, Mendoza's most famous hero. He led the army which in February 1817 drove the Spanish out of Chile and Peru. So this nicely ties the first three countries visited by TAR7 together in a nice package.

The big question is where are Susan and Patrick? Will they be Boloized and saved by a "to be continued?" Once they leave Santiago we do not see them again. We have accounted for all of the teams at the Churassco Detour, but it is not clear how many of these teams are there together. The editing seems to show them all there together, which would mean a major bunching has occurred, or this is just the trick of editing and actually all the teams are not there at the same time.

We have the general outline of tomorrow's episode, but there are a lot of holes that someone else may be able to fill.

Good luck.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: EP3 WHAT WE KNOW AND WHAT WE DO... ARnutz 03-14-05 1
   RE: EP3 WHAT WE KNOW AND WHAT WE DO... citygirl 03-15-05 4
 RE: EP3 WHAT WE KNOW AND WHAT WE DO... VA Slim 03-15-05 2
   RE: EP3 WHAT WE KNOW AND WHAT WE DO... choochoo 03-15-05 7
       RE: EP3 WHAT WE KNOW AND WHAT WE DO... callasin 03-15-05 8
       RE: EP3 WHAT WE KNOW AND WHAT WE DO... LibraRising 03-15-05 9
 RE: EP3 WHAT WE KNOW AND WHAT WE DO... callasin 03-15-05 3
   RE: EP3 WHAT WE KNOW AND WHAT WE DO... Gingerman28 03-15-05 5
       RE: EP3 WHAT WE KNOW AND WHAT WE DO... LibraRising 03-15-05 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

ARnutz 13937 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-14-05, 11:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: EP3 WHAT WE KNOW AND WHAT WE DO NOT KNOW"
Great job!

I was reading about Argentinian BBQ and it seems that they have been known to eat huge amounts of meat! Mostly beef and goat.

Sometimes, the meat is cooked with hide & hair intact, EWWW!

'nutz: Proud member of the inoffensive OT Triumvirate... and Shroomhater! - shroom go boom!

citygirl 35 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-15-05, 12:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail citygirl Click to send private message to citygirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: EP3 WHAT WE KNOW AND WHAT WE DO NOT KNOW"
I was once rerouted to Buenos Aires because of a visa problem (trying to get to Brazil - a whole other story) and decided to try out the local delicacies. I was directed to a barbeque place and when I asked for their special, the biggest plate of grilled organs showed up. I still can't identify some of what I felt like I had to eat out of politeness. The hide and hair intact part may be the least of their worries.

VA Slim 450 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-15-05, 06:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail VA%20Slim Click to send private message to VA%20Slim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: EP3 WHAT WE KNOW AND WHAT WE DO NOT KNOW"
Great summary. I also believe that the "I'm done" is more of a victory shout in that Rob has completed the task as opposed to giving up. I'm sure that somewhere along the line of the eating challenge someone wants to cave in and stop and trys to convince others to do the same but I don't buy it that anyone accepts. The Susan/Patrick "lost" preview is just too difficult to hide so the editors acknowledge it and move on, trying to mis-direct us with the problems in the eating roadblock.

choochoo 553 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-15-05, 02:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail choochoo Click to send private message to choochoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: EP3 WHAT WE KNOW AND WHAT WE DO NOT KNOW"
According to Yahoo! TV listing of tonights show, one team fails to complete the roadblock (eating) challenge and takes a penalty. This is a done deal. It also says that they try to convince others to do the same. Given that the Romber clips are misdirection, which other teams are "sneaky" or "desperate" enough to try and convince others to take a panalty? I can think of a few, like Ray/Deana, Brian/Greg, or the old folks Meredith/Gretchen.

callasin 58 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-15-05, 04:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail callasin Click to send private message to callasin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: EP3 WHAT WE KNOW AND WHAT WE DO NOT KNOW"
Well that rules out my speculation that the penalty is taken at the detour then. I like your list of sneaky and desperate teams.

LibraRising 2847 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-15-05, 04:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LibraRising Click to send private message to LibraRising Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: EP3 WHAT WE KNOW AND WHAT WE DO NOT KNOW"
Ray doesn't look like he'd have trouble eating, unless he was dumb enough to let Deana do it. Same with Brian/Greg.

I think M/G might be a good bet, as would Debbie/Bianca and Lynn/Alex.

callasin 58 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-15-05, 11:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail callasin Click to send private message to callasin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: EP3 WHAT WE KNOW AND WHAT WE DO NOT KNOW"
I don't think Rob ever take a penalty and not finish a challenge unless it were something serious like Amber being hurt while doing one. Since he doesn't look very upset when he says "I'm done!" I suspect he's just done with the task.

This may seem a little far-fetched but could it be Susan and Patrick who take the penalty? They get lost by 2 hours and spent another 2 or more hours getting to the bike/raft task and find it's too late to do it that day. The figure it's better to take the penalty than camp out and wait until the next day to finish the task. They meet up with some of the others at the supersize food challenge and find some of the teams struggling. In a last ditch attempt to gain some time and possibly not be last they try to convince the other teams to take the time penalty as well.

Gingerman28 380 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-15-05, 12:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Gingerman28 Click to send private message to Gingerman28 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: EP3 WHAT WE KNOW AND WHAT WE DO NOT KNOW"
Good thinking, Callasin. This could be the right scenario and explain why we do not see Susan and Patrick at any of the challenges. Four hours behind could very well mean that they do not arrive at the Detour until late in the day.

LibraRising 2847 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-15-05, 12:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LibraRising Click to send private message to LibraRising Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: EP3 WHAT WE KNOW AND WHAT WE DO NOT KNOW"
Just to throw something else out there. Are there fast forwards this season? What are the chances S/P take a fast forward and get lost on the way to the pitstop? That would also explain their absence in the challenges.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •