The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Techical Problems"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

buff10000 22 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-26-04, 08:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail buff10000 Click to send private message to buff10000 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Techical Problems"
Did anyone hear about the technical problems during Diana's last song? Apparently she was unable to hear the background singers because the audio monitor stopped working. Perhaps that is why she wasn't as good in her final song.

I can't help but to believe that the failure of the monitor was intentional. If Fantasia wins, there should be a new final with both singers having the same advantages and disadvantages. If not, we, the voting public, should refuse to watch the show next season.

Let Us Put An End To The Fantasia Fix!!!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Techical Problems wdaveo 05-26-04 1
   Well... AyaK 05-26-04 7
       RE: Well... okaychatt 05-26-04 27
 RE: Techical Problems TDeniseS 05-26-04 2
   RE: Techical Problems victoriamaxwell 05-26-04 3
       RE: Techical Problems nailbone 05-26-04 4
           RE: Techical Problems emydi 05-26-04 5
               RE: Techical Problems nailbone 05-26-04 6
                   RE: Techical Problems Shereebie 05-26-04 8
                       RE: Techical Problems okaychatt 05-26-04 38
                           Yes AyaK 05-26-04 39
                               RE: Yes okaychatt 05-26-04 40
                               RE: Yes TeamJoisey 05-26-04 41
               RE: Techical Problems realityjunky 05-27-04 45
           RE: Techical Problems PagongRatEater 05-26-04 24
   RE: Techical Problems steppingrazor42 05-26-04 35
 RE: Techical Problems EnglProf 05-26-04 9
   RE: Techical Problems BennyBoy 05-26-04 28
 RE: Techical Problems MTW1961 05-26-04 10
 RE: Techical Problems realityshownut 05-26-04 11
   RE: Techical Problems nailbone 05-26-04 13
       RE: Techical Problems MTW1961 05-26-04 15
       RE: Techical Problems realityshownut 05-27-04 47
   RE: Techical Problems geg6 05-26-04 16
 RE: Techical Problems Pepito 05-26-04 12
   Good question Breezy 05-26-04 14
 RE: Techical Problems shanana banana 05-26-04 17
   RE: Techical Problems minkey 05-26-04 19
       RE: Techical Problems thisgirl8 05-26-04 20
           RE: Techical Problems Pensha26 05-26-04 26
               Excuse me... grit 05-26-04 32
       RE: Techical Problems emydi 05-26-04 21
   RE: Techical Problems true 05-26-04 22
       RE: Techical Problems Pepito 05-26-04 25
 Question shedevil 05-26-04 18
   RE: Question JOSHIDOL 05-26-04 23
       RE: Question welshdude22 05-26-04 29
           RE: Question PagongRatEater 05-26-04 30
   RE: Question MarkP 05-26-04 31
       RE: Question shedevil 05-26-04 33
       RE: Question true 05-26-04 36
 RE: Techical Problems callalilly3000 05-26-04 34
   RE: Techical Problems MarkP 05-26-04 37
 RE: Techical Problems buff10000 05-26-04 42
   RE: Techical Problems shanana banana 05-26-04 43
 RE: Techical Problems CarCar22125 05-26-04 44
   RE: Techical Problems shedevil 05-27-04 48
       RE: Techical Problems Glow 05-27-04 49
 RNO Article bampote 05-27-04 46

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

wdaveo 10 desperate attention whore postings

05-26-04, 08:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail wdaveo Click to send private message to wdaveo Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Techical Problems"
LAST EDITED ON 05-26-04 AT 08:45 AM (EST)

I 'heard' on the radio today (from the mouth of a guy writing an insiders book to AI3) that the producers changed the arrangement at the last minute (different arrangement from the first time she sang it). This writer said he talked to Diana's mom and that is what she told him.

The mom said that Diana forgot and was singing the original arrangement. Nerves must have got the better of her.

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-26-04, 10:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Well..."
I saw Diana on an interview last night after the show, and she said that her monitor failed on the last song. (She also said that, while backstage, you're kept in a place where you can't hear the other people singing, so she never heard any of Fantasia's numbers. I should add that Simon obviously knows that, so I'll leave it to you all to analyze Simon's comment that he thought she was trying to react to Fantasia's "Summertime").

We'll see if there is any discussion of it from people who were at the show.

okaychatt 2810 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

05-26-04, 05:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail okaychatt Click to send private message to okaychatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Well..."
"she said that her monitor failed on the last song."

Well, that would explain the major boo boo. It wasn't like Diana to mess up that badly on whole measures of a song.

Non-singer question: Why can't the singers hear the backup voices? They must have earphones on somehow?

She looked upset to me at the close of last night. She kept a stiff upper lip, but she wasn't herself.

If Simon knew they were in a sound proof area, then shame on him for saying that to her. (I'd still prefer a Fantasia win, but I don't really care.)

I think her complaint is legit, but I am reminded of that skater whose laces had come loose (yeah, right) after she had flubbed her jump, and she got to try again. You know - the one that whacked Nancy Kerrigan.

TDeniseS 106 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-26-04, 10:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TDeniseS Click to send private message to TDeniseS Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Techical Problems"
>Did anyone hear about the technical problems during Diana's last song? Perhaps that is why she wasn't as good >in her final song. If Fantasia wins, there should be >a new final with both
>singers having the same advantages and disadvantages.<

Whatever...who cares about the "technical" problems...she was awful! but don't you worry...the "fix" is on and you will have your AI winner....Diana of course.

victoriamaxwell 14 desperate attention whore postings

05-26-04, 10:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail victoriamaxwell Click to send private message to victoriamaxwell Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Techical Problems"
LMAO!! Sorry to burst your bubble kids, but technical difficulties or no, ....her voice was flat, and she couldnt get her pitch right. The arrangement, the backup singers...none of these matter, the issue is what escaped her mouth, which was painful to listen to.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

05-26-04, 10:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Techical Problems"
But VM, if she can't hear herself, or the orchestra, etc., of course she'd sound flat.

The arrangement, the backup singers...none of these matter

Of course they matter! If a singer stands out there alone, with no (or little) accompaniment (sp?), it's gonna sound different than trying to sing along with an orchestra and other singers.

Cool new sig courtesy of Jslice o-

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

05-26-04, 10:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Techical Problems"
It's not politics, Nailbone, so I agree with you on this one.

I think Diana's first two songs trump her last one. Fantasia's first song was all over the place and worse than Diana's final song. Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah......

emydi

05-26-04, 10:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Techical Problems"
According to a radio DJ I'm listening to, Fantasia let loose with *51* yeah yeahs.

Shereebie 391 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-26-04, 10:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Shereebie Click to send private message to Shereebie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Techical Problems"
I hadn't heard about this. Hmmm.

Boner's right - it most definitely matters. If you can't hear yourself or your accompaniment, you're in big trouble. Especially in a venue the size of the Kodak Theater.

05-26-04, 09:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail okaychatt Click to send private message to okaychatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: Techical Problems"
Question: Do they have mini earphones to hear the choir, the band, and themselves? Is that what failed?

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings

05-26-04, 09:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "Yes"
Exactly, okaychatt. You don't see any on-stage monitor speakers for the singers on this show -- they'd clutter the camera angles!

05-26-04, 09:37 PM (EST)
40. "RE: Yes"
Thank you, AyaK. I can see that would be a major problem.

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

05-26-04, 09:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: Yes"
I believe the monitors are built into the floor. There are grids there that hold speakers and fans (the air-circulating type, not groupies.)

I have not seen an earpiece on Fantasia, where I think it would be obvious.

realityjunky 53 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-27-04, 00:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail realityjunky Click to send private message to realityjunky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
45. "RE: Techical Problems"
That's why the order they sang in and the coin toss last week to decide was so important. No matter what was heard before what was the last impression we were left with?
Don't get me wrong. I'm a Fantasia fan from week 1.
Also, these kind of things happen when musicians are performing on the road and they have to just work their way through it. I think Diana handled herself really well if she was in fact experiencing all those problems with sound, etc.
The good part is they are both going to get a contract so either way they win.

PagongRatEater 12996 desperate attention whore postings

05-26-04, 04:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Techical Problems"
A agree. As a singer, I can tell you that if you can't hear the music it is really hard to sing the song well. If you are unsure of what the music is going to do, it totally messes you up. A HUGE part of good singing is confidence.

That being said, s--t happens and a professional singer has to deal with it. There's no do-overs in life. I voted for Diana anyway and I don't think that one song is going to have a huge impact on the contest. Much more unfair was the unjustified effusive praise that the judges heaped on Fantasia's atonal screeching.

Thinks Simon is REALLY DESPERATE to have Fantasia win. "Best ever?" - ROTFLMFAO

steppingrazor42 283 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-26-04, 06:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail steppingrazor42 Click to send private message to steppingrazor42 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Techical Problems"
Flat is flat, no matter what, it's a bunch of dog doodoo to start blaming other things for going flat!!! That's such a joke. If you can sing on tune you will even if you can't hear yourself! I think she just got off track trying to hear the back up and lost the key.
I'd rather listen to 15 "yeah-yeah-yeah's" at the end of a Fantasia song than a smiley 16 year old version of "Don't Cry Out Loud", anyday!!!!!!

EnglProf 888 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

05-26-04, 10:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail EnglProf Click to send private message to EnglProf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Techical Problems"
Darn it if this is true. I would have voted for Diana last night (possibly for a long time too) were it not for her last song. After that fiasco, I just couldn't, in good conscience, vote for her. Because of Diana's last song, Fantasia had the better night of performances, but I don't like Fanty so I didn't vote.

BennyBoy 374 desperate attention whore postings

05-26-04, 05:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BennyBoy Click to send private message to BennyBoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Techical Problems"
Me too EnglProf! I was totally unmotivated to vote for Diana after her last performance, I couldn't believe she could sing that badly. After hearing this I regret not voting for her

MTW1961 4029 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

05-26-04, 10:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MTW1961 Click to send private message to MTW1961 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Techical Problems"
That makes total sense. The last song was her worst of the entire competition, and it just didn't sound like Diana.

Handcrafted by RollDdice!

Have you given your TiVo a nice, firm handshake today?

realityshownut 30 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-26-04, 11:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail realityshownut Click to send private message to realityshownut Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Techical Problems"
LAST EDITED ON 05-26-04 AT 11:49 AM (EST)

OK,The results are not even in BUT THE EXCUSES ARE!!! Why can't people just give credit where credit is due???? Fantasia clearly out sang Diana during this whole competition. They both may have had weak performances at times, but that's expected. BUT come on people, put your own negative attitudes and views aside and just be brutally honest, FANTASIA IS, SHOULD BE AND WILL BE CROWNED THE NEXT AMERICAN IDOL!!

05-26-04, 11:59 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Techical Problems"
We'll see, Nut. Personally, while I think Fantasia did an overall better job last night, Diana will end up winning. Then we'll see a whole different batch of "excuses".

But FTR, I don't consider this an excuse, just an explanation. And a pretty valid one.

MTW1961 4029 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

05-26-04, 12:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MTW1961 Click to send private message to MTW1961 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Techical Problems"
LOL. I've always thought the difference between an excuse and a reason was an interpretation issue. If you're a Diana fan, you'll think it's a reason, if you're a Fantasia fan, it's an excuse.

I think it's a REASON.

Handcrafted by RollDdice!

Have you given your TiVo a nice, firm handshake today?

realityshownut 30 desperate attention whore postings

05-27-04, 12:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail realityshownut Click to send private message to realityshownut Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
47. "RE: Techical Problems"
Okay, so ummmmmmmmmm was I right or wrong????

FANTASIA ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

05-26-04, 12:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Techical Problems"
LAST EDITED ON 05-26-04 AT 12:18 PM (EST)

I have to respond to one or another of these posts that say that if you don't like or vote for Fantasia that somehow you are a negative person.

I don't like Fantasia and I never voted for her and I don't want her to win. That may sound negative to you because you don't agree, but it is simply my preference. I prefer Diana, I voted for her, and I want her to win. I would have voted for Latoya to win, I would have voted for George to win, I would have voted for Jennifer (who I wasn't really a fan of) to win over Fantasia. I liked all of their styles more than Fantasia's. I am permitted to have these preferences and I don't have to like the same thing you do. If you like Fantasia, good for you. Say so. Say why. But quit telling others here on this board that there is something wrong with them because they don't agree. We are all entitled to our opinions. I'll be happy for whoever wins because this is the fulfillment of their dream, but I don't have to agree with the vote or buy the winner's CD. I didn't last year, but I was glad for Reuben. There is nothing negative about my attitude and I will not start to agree with you just because you say so or because a phone vote says so.

ETA: Sorry if this came out sounding highly irritated, but that is how I am getting with this whole thing. I think I will quit watching this show because it irritates me so much.

Pepito 587 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-26-04, 11:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Pepito Click to send private message to Pepito Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Techical Problems"
Yes, I noticed what seemed to be a techinical problem on Diana's last song, too, It was during the first half of the song, then it seemed to have cleared up. I thought it was a prob with her mike. The judges commented on it, too, but not as a technical problem, as a performance problem, that she got better during the middle of the song. It if were a technical prob, why didn't they recognise it as such? They are professionals.

Was it a fix? No, of course not. It's a live show, these things happen. I believe there was a technical prob last year also, while Ruben was singing Imagine. Sounded all staticky. And there was, well, not a technical problem, but a lighting problem for Clay. The stage was dark and his face was lit from an unflattering angle. I said to my S.O.: "Uh oh, he looks like a vampire, this is going to hurt his votes". That's what I said, that's exactly what I said. I remember it clearly...

Live performances, these things happen. No fix. Just why didn't the judges recognise this? Or was it not a tech prob?

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings

05-26-04, 12:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "Good question"
IMHO the answer would be, because Fantasia was the judges' favorite.

Save a horse, ride a cowboy.

shanana banana 658 desperate attention whore postings

05-26-04, 01:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shanana%20banana Click to send private message to shanana%20banana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Techical Problems"
Okay, so even if Diana sucked on her last song because of technical difficulties, what explains her first two performances???

Diana has had the same problems the entire season, which is oversinging, shouting, not being able to stay in tune, and inability to sing consistently through the verses --- she lives for belting out the long, high notes in the chorus of the songs...........which does not a singer make. Diana IS a good singer, but does not have control. It was worse on the third song, but she definitely had problems in songs one and two as well.

Disparage Fantasia's "yeah, yeahs" all you want (yes, it can get a little annoying), but she still sings on key, consistently all the time. AND she can belt out the high notes. AND when she sings, she makes the song sound original, whereas Diana always sounds like she's just singing a (lesser) repeat of the same old song you've heard a thousand times. I think Disney should sign her if she doesn't win AI --- she'd be perfect for their canned versions of all things pop.

minkey 231 desperate attention whore postings

05-26-04, 02:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail minkey Click to send private message to minkey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Techical Problems"
I agree with everything you've said! Thank you! I replayed both renditions of the Tamyra Gray song last night and closed my eyes. Diana's version really did sound like something straight off the sound-track of a Disney movie. I could FEEL the song from Fantasia.

I've been lurking and read all the fevered debate about Fantasia. There have been some really nasty things said, which is fine because opinion is what this forum is all about, but my perspective is different. Yes she is a little unrefined, yes the yeah-yeahs are annoying, yes she can appear a little strange on stage... but the girl has so much raw talent and potential that I don't care about any of that. I suspect that many AI contestants have had serious voice coaching. I doubt Fantasia has. She just has something in her spirit that makes her different than any other contestant on the show, ever. That's what Simon loves.

thisgirl8 25 desperate attention whore postings

05-26-04, 03:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail thisgirl8 Click to send private message to thisgirl8 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Techical Problems"

> I could FEEL the
>song from Fantasia.
>

You could "feel" the song....do you mean feel the ground shaking from her "oompah loompah" (up and down bob) dancing?

Pensha26 772 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

05-26-04, 05:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Pensha26 Click to send private message to Pensha26 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Techical Problems"
<do you mean feel the ground shaking from her "oompah loompah" (up and down bob) dancing?>

I thought that Fantasia did a good impression of George's Dumoy Diaper Dance. I think this is what will win her the competition...imitating another contestant.

grit 4868 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

05-26-04, 06:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail grit Click to send private message to grit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "Excuse me..."
...but you now owe me royalties for using my patented phrase "Dumpy Diaper Dance"...

We now return you to our regularly scheduled knock-down, drag-out "my contestant is better than your contestant" forum fight...

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

05-26-04, 03:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Techical Problems"
I like Fantasia also and I agree she does have something about her that Diana doesnt have. Diana can be too "Gidgety" but she has a powerful voice. All that said, I voted for Diana last nite because I thought she did very well and I didn't like the 'mediocre' response, undeserving IMHO, the judges gave to her last nite.

The vote will be close. I really do not know how it will end up. I just dread the 20 "after the breaks" and the retrospectives, etc. we'll get from Seacrest before the final results. I may just watch the last 10 minutes live and watch the rest of the show later on my TIVO (or not)

emydi

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

05-26-04, 03:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Techical Problems"
I'm not going to disagree with you, shanana, but I do think it's a matter of preference.

I didn't notice any of the problems you mention for Diana's first two songs. I just saw an interview with Paula, and she said that Diana had been in tune the entire competition until the last song, and that she was thrown off by a technical glitch.

About Fantasia, she may be in tune and on key as well, but to many of us she sounds like a kazoo. I'm sure a kazoo can be in tune, or on key, but it doesn't make it pleasant to listen to. Her voice, while sometimes fine with me, at others makes my skin crawl. Diana, while not my favorite, doesn't make my skin crawl. It's just a personal preference.

I'm not a musical expert, so all this "in tune" talk goes right over my head. I just know what I like to listen to, and Fantasia isn't IT. That doesn't mean she isn't talented, and it doesn't mean that you (or anyone) shouldn't enjoy her. I just don't think she'll appeal to as many people as past winners.

Speaking of the interview with Paula, she was joined by the producer (Nigel something) He said that the results would be controversial, and that the contest was not as close as it was last season. He also said there were more than 50 million votes cast. (they were on Good Day Live)

Pepito 587 desperate attention whore postings

05-26-04, 04:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Pepito Click to send private message to Pepito Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Techical Problems"
>she was joined by the
>producer (Nigel something) He
>said that the results would
>be controversial, and that the
>contest was not as close
>as it was last season.
> He also said there
>were more than 50 million
>votes cast.

Well. "Controversial" tells us nothing, both contestants have their supporters, so SOMEBODY will upset regardless of who wins. This clever producer has used a word that will get our attention and encourage us to tune in. 'Controversial" is the same work that Cowell used in an interview recently about the show. He said that people watch it because it's controversial... seems to be the buzzword of choice in the AI administrations offices.

Now, 'contest not as close as last season'. Hmmm. I don't many contests in the whole wide world could be as close as last season. 1,320? Or was it 13,200? No, 132,000 or whatever.

The extra lines this year and more people with text messaging phones helped collect more of the votes from those who wished to vote, creating a larger gap between contestants. Last year, I dialed and dialed and never did get one single vote in. And that's why Clay lost.

shedevil 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-26-04, 02:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shedevil Click to send private message to shedevil Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "Question"
How does the "technical problems" in Diana's last song excuse her from the first 2 songs that were worse? Diana was horrible tonight with or without excuses. She will probably win, but I don't care. I would be happy for Fantasia if she were to win, but I really don't care. I won't cry if she loses, she's still going to get her chance at fame and so will Diana.

JOSHIDOL 275 desperate attention whore postings

05-26-04, 04:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JOSHIDOL Click to send private message to JOSHIDOL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Question"
That is so true, they do not put anything into our pockets so I would not lose any sleep over who wins.
People are in an uproar once again over Simon's comments, geez, how long as this guy bee like this and people still do not have him figured out. They get truly insulted when he says something demeaning to one of the contestants they like.
Nygel the producer was on Good Day live and said that 50 million votes were cast and it was close. That sounds like the same speech he gave last year for Clay/Ruben.
As long as people continue taking their bait, they will reel you in.
I think Fantasia should win due to the fact that she performs like a "seasoned veteran" while Diana could still use training and not to say one day she won't be big. I just can't see Diana putting out a CD that could sell millions like Kelly, Clay and Ruben. I do think Fantasia would be able to accomplish that and AI may know it.

welshdude22 3 desperate attention whore postings

05-26-04, 05:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail welshdude22 Click to send private message to welshdude22 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Question"
LAST EDITED ON 05-26-04 AT 05:36 PM (EST)

Hey Guys!

I am new on here, from Wales in the UK, and I thought I would give my views on the series, as the final isnt shown here until Friday.

First of all I would like to address the race issues that have been predominant throughout the series.

American Idol and its voters are not racist, it is the most politically correct show ever!

I will address this now:

In AI1, the final comprised of a white mail and a white female- politically correct and not sexist.

In AI2, the final comprised of a black man and a white man- policitcally correct and non racist

In AI3 the final comprises of a black girl and a white girl- once again politically correct and non racist.

Over here we have Pop Idol, we have had two series so far, the first one being the one that made Idol popular around the world and caused countries such as America, Canada and Australia buy the programme to be able to broadcast it. Pop Idol is also very politically correct.

In series 1, the final was between 2 guys, 1 being straight and one being gay, and the gay guy won- politically correct and non homophobic.

In series 2, the final was between a guy and a girl with the girl being seriously overweight- she won- politically correct and non biased towards slim people.

The people who say American Idol is racist-Elton John included- should really go find something better to do.

Anyway my thoughts on the final 2 of AI3:

Diana clearly has the best voice. I think Fantasia is every talented, but I dont think she can sing as well as Diana can. I think Fantasia overuses the "yeah yeah's" but you all knew that already. It also seems that she only has one vocal register- when she belts out notes, it doesnt sound like she is belting them out, it seems sometimes that she is screeching them. Diana on the other hand switches from her lower register (which i admit needs some work on) and her higher one, and with this she belts out notes suberbly.

The best singer in the competition was blatantly Latoya- she was superb and had she been in the final with Diana, I would be very stuck on who to vote for!

I have read reviews and its obvious the judges are favouring Fantasia. Ive also read stuff about people saying Diana hasnt been through the experience that Fantasia has, so she couldnt sing that song as good. Oh please!!! Give me a break haha! Just coz Fantasia has a kid, she is more experienced in her life and we are to praise her for it? I dont think so.

So I guess you are pretty close to watching the results show guys!!! I hope Diana wins, but then again, these shows have a knack for the best singers losing.

In our Pop Idol second series this year, the best singer (a guy called Chris Hide) came fourth, just like the best singer of the final twelve came this year on AI3 (Latoya). But its all down to popularity I suppose.

So as the show draws near, good luck Diana and Fantasia, and may the best singer win!

PagongRatEater 12996 desperate attention whore postings

05-26-04, 05:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Question"
Great insight and perspective! Thanks for the post and welcome to the boards.

MarkP 318 desperate attention whore postings

05-26-04, 05:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MarkP Click to send private message to MarkP Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Question"
I love reading the "I don't care, I really don't care, honest - I don't care, who cares, I'm serious - I don't care" posts from people who spend a lot of time on this board and make a point to bash one contestant whenever they get their chance. Lets get serious - we all care at least a little who wins otherwise we wouldn't be spending our time on this board...and my guess would be that the people with the stronger opinions on which contestant is better care a little more than others. I sit with my kids and we cared when they booted JPL, we cared when they booted George and we're going to care when they boot Diana. Will we cry? Nope...but we WILL care...and I'll admit that.

05-26-04, 06:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shedevil Click to send private message to shedevil Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Question"
LAST EDITED ON 05-26-04 AT 06:34 PM (EST)

Speaking as one of "those people", let me say it again, I don't care. I don't care at all, period. I spend my time on this board because I like having contact with other adults when I'm stuck at home with a 2 year old. I did care until all of my favorites were gone. Now it's just a matter of conversation and something to do. I don't speak for everyone but when I bash someone it's because they have done something to inspire me to do so.

welcome aboard.

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

05-26-04, 07:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Question"
You make a good point, Mark.

When I said I don't really care who wins, I didn't really mean I didn't have a preference. What I meant was none of this seasons contestants really grabbed my like Kelly, Clay or Ruben did. I did care who won the first two seasons, and this year I really don't because none of them have appealed to me personally.

I'd like to see Diana win, because I think she needs the title more than Fantasia does, and I honestly think Fantasia would be better off without the burden of being the winner. She already has contracts lined up, and I'm sure they are better for her than the one the winner signed before the season even started.

I bought Kelly's CD, and Clay's. I won't buy any from this season. I just don't care enough.

Welcome to Blows!

callalilly3000 693 desperate attention whore postings

05-26-04, 06:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail callalilly3000 Click to send private message to callalilly3000 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Techical Problems"
My husband is a sound engineer. That is what he does for a living. He ran monitors for Sheryl Crow when she was first starting out. (before she was BIG in the business)

He said, that it DOES MATTER, if they can't hear the back up singers or the music. They will sing flat and off key. It happens to the best of singers, singers that are seasoned.

I feel sorry that this happened to her, but, it is what it is, and monitor problem or not, the finals are over.

The winner will be whomever America chooses. If it is not Diana, oh well. Again, it is what is.

MarkP 318 desperate attention whore postings

05-26-04, 07:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MarkP Click to send private message to MarkP Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: Techical Problems"
I didn't mean that as a knock on anyone, I just thought it was a little funny that anyone on this board wouldn't care at all. Granted many of us don't care as much as in the past, but if you care enough about American Idol to be discussing it every week with people I just figured you have to care at least a little who the winner will be when it is announced after 2 agonizing hours!

buff10000 22 desperate attention whore postings

05-26-04, 10:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail buff10000 Click to send private message to buff10000 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: Techical Problems"
No mention of the technical problem. No apology, no explaination. Nothing... I have to wonder, if it was in fact a fair vote of the majority of the voting public, if the technical problem and Randy, Paula and Simon's criticism (even though they knew there was a problem, they are professionals) cost Diana the win.

What should have been done was a new final. Imagine the ratings. But, of course, the Judges and Producers got the outcome they wanted...

shanana banana 658 desperate attention whore postings

05-26-04, 11:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shanana%20banana Click to send private message to shanana%20banana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
43. "RE: Techical Problems"
oh my god, this is ridiculous. If you really believe that one song lost Diana the entire competition.............people would have forgiven her for just one bad song out of three. Fantasia's first song wasn't all that great either, she got criticism from the judges, yet she still went on.

Time to stop making excuses for Diana and realize the public has spoken, quite fairly, in my estimation. And never fear, Diana will go on to have a career as well, a la Clay Aiken, who I doubt is complaining too much right now about how his career is going.

CarCar22125 25 desperate attention whore postings

05-26-04, 11:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CarCar22125 Click to send private message to CarCar22125 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
44. "RE: Techical Problems"
I heard about the technical problems too. At first I was like, "i think she can still win" but now I just feel horrible that the song went wrong just because of that. I really think that cost her the win. It's really unfair, but I'm just glad Diana came this far. Still, I keep thinking about what it would be like if she had won. Oh well.

05-27-04, 02:00 PM (EST)
48. "RE: Techical Problems"
I disagree, 1 song wouldn't have cost her the win, because the first 2 songs she did were worse than the one in question. She was terrible that night and she knew it. Fantasia had it in the bag after giving better performances.

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

05-27-04, 02:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
49. "RE: Techical Problems"
I agree with you, She. I never quite got the whole Diana thing, but that's just me. She yelled most of each song. She has an okay voice when she sings. Needs more work.

bampote 83 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-27-04, 11:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bampote Click to send private message to bampote Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
46. "RNO Article"
The following is quoted from the summary of the finale on Reality News Online:

"The latest scandal was with Diana’s sound problems last night. Here is the story, from Diana’s own mouth and Nigel Lythgoe, American Idol’s executive producer. The Kodak Theatre stage is much bigger than the regular Idol soundstage (ironically on CBS’ lot!). Unfortunately, there are “dead spots” in the stage where the earpiece of the wireless mikes the contestants wear sort of drop out, and the singers can’t hear themselves, only the music. The very purpose of soundcheck is to give the performers a chance to find these spots so they know to avoid them. Diana found herself in a dead spot during “Don’t Cry Out Loud” and was basically scrambling to find a place where she could hear herself. Unsuccessfully. It’s a singers nightmare, and the pressure of being on a stage and singing and remembering words and all, it seems Diana forgot what she learned in the soundcheck and couldn’t find a good spot before she just decided to struggle through it."

While I was unable to find where this has been said by Nigel and Diana, RNO is a very respectable news site, and I highly doubt they would lie about such a thing. It seems that the same thing could have happened to Fantasia, had she entered one of these dead spots. Here is the full text of the article for all that are curious.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •