The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Discussion of Ep8.5 spoilers"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

LowRent 49 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-21-01, 10:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LowRent Click to send private message to LowRent Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Discussion of Ep8.5 spoilers"
Everybody's keeping pretty quiet after tonight's episode. Was there anything of any spoiler value revealed? The only thing that stuck out in my brain involved the ordering of the remaining 8 contestants in: 1) The opening sequence
2) The closing sequence (at Ep8 Tribal Council)
3) The preview for next week
In all 3, cute Elisabeth is always shown last, leaving her image to roll around in my brain the longest. I didn't tape the show so I'm not sure if the 8 contestants are shown in the same order on all 3 occasions; maybe someone could help me out with the ordering.

I'm thinking its just a ratings ploy--placing the most likeable person last to keep the show's ratings at their highest. But, its obviously not a random coincidence. Any other theories?

I'd like to think that there was SOMEthing of spoiler value in the show other than the facts that Colby snores or Michael eats fish eyes. What a yawner.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 E9 preview vidclips AyatollahKhomeini 03-21-01 1
   RE: E9 preview vidclips IceCat 03-21-01 2
   Challenge pic? my0wn 03-22-01 3
       RE: Challenge pic? IceCat 03-22-01 5
           RE: Challenge pic? Golightly 03-22-01 9
               Amber pic location... IceCat 03-22-01 12
                   RE: Amber pic location... Golightly 03-22-01 13
               RE: Challenge pic? Minstrel 03-22-01 18
                   RE: Challenge pic? IceCat 03-22-01 19
       RE: Challenge pic? LowRent 03-22-01 14
       RE: Challenge pic? Minstrel 03-22-01 17
   RE: E9 preview vidclips Golightly 03-22-01 4
       RE: E9 preview vidclips Gecko74 03-22-01 6
           RE: E9 preview vidclips jtmorgan61 03-22-01 10
       Who's Hair is There? IceCat 03-22-01 8
       RE: E9 preview vidclips VolcanicGlass 03-24-01 61
 RE: Discussion of Ep8.5 spoilers jtmorgan61 03-22-01 7
   RE: Discussion of Ep8.5 spoilers IceCat 03-22-01 11
   RE: Discussion of Ep8.5 spoilers idiotcowboy 03-22-01 15
       RE: Lis's facial expression Outfrontgirl 03-22-01 16
   Shocking twist Siebured 03-22-01 20
       RE: Shocking twist YellowOrb 03-22-01 34
           RE: Shocking twist Krautboy 03-22-01 36
               RE: Shocking twist Lisapooh 03-22-01 39
               RE: Shocking twist jkkeller 03-22-01 43
       RE: Shocking twist ttpup 03-22-01 44
 Obstacle Course a Leftover? SurvivinDawg 03-22-01 21
   RE: Obstacle Course a Leftover? IceCat 03-22-01 23
       RE: Obstacle Course a Leftover? Krautboy 03-22-01 25
 IC is Log Rolling... IceCat 03-22-01 22
   RE: IC is Log Rolling... Play2Survive 03-22-01 24
       RE: IC is Log Rolling... cartman 03-22-01 27
           RE: IC is Log Rolling... Play2Survive 03-22-01 30
   Aerial View of Log Rolling Area IceCat 03-29-01 63
 4 Ogas, No Tina? Krautboy 03-22-01 26
   RC Walk? AyatollahKhomeini 03-22-01 29
       Photo blowup from baddogbad flying squirrel 03-22-01 32
       RE: RC Walk? Ogaalltheway 03-22-01 38
   RE: 4 Ogas, No Tina? Play2Survive 03-22-01 31
 RE: Discussion of Ep8.5 spoilers Tyler_Durden 03-22-01 28
   RE: Discussion of Ep8.5 spoilers occamsrazor 03-22-01 33
   RE: Discussion of Ep8.5 spoilers IceCat 03-22-01 50
 Tina and Rodger win RC? Krautboy 03-22-01 35
   RE: Tina and Rodger win RC? Lisapooh 03-22-01 37
       Rodger's party flying squirrel 03-22-01 40
           RE: Rodger's party Lisapooh 03-22-01 42
           RE: Rodger's party Play2Survive 03-22-01 47
   RE: Tina and Rodger win RC? JustD 03-22-01 41
       RE: Tina and Rodger win RC? IceCat 03-22-01 51
       Who's wet? Krautboy 03-22-01 53
           RE: Who's wet? IceCat 03-22-01 54
   RE: Tina and Rodger win RC? Play2Survive 03-22-01 45
       RE: Tina and Rodger win RC? DivaByTheSea 03-22-01 46
       RE: Tina and Rodger win RC? Krautboy 03-22-01 48
           RE: Tina and Rodger win RC? Play2Survive 03-22-01 49
               Congratulations! Krautboy 03-22-01 52
                   Re: Shocking Twist Gotcha 03-22-01 55
                       RE: Re: Shocking Twist IceCat 03-22-01 56
                           RE: Re: log rolling? wolf1bh 03-22-01 57
                               RE: Re: log rolling? IceCat 03-23-01 59
                       RE: Re: Shocking Twist rameses 03-23-01 58
 Bump IceCat 03-24-01 60
   Bump skierdude10 03-28-01 62

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

AyatollahKhomeini 2008 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

03-21-01, 10:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyatollahKhomeini Click to send private message to AyatollahKhomeini Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "E9 preview vidclips"
Well, at least we got something out of watching tonight. These clips were done by Aja and posted on her Web site and on the ss.com ezboard:

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-21-01, 11:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: E9 preview vidclips"
Cudos to Aja for the fast vid caps and to the Ayatollah for posting them here. Here's my take on the the challenge depicted:

A conventional military style obstacle course.

It appears to have a thin beam obstacle across water (Amber falling).

A straight line running portion (Probably at start as Tina and Roger are still together).

A rope ladder climb to a tower with a scramble net descent (Colby sliding).

my0wn 40 desperate attention whore postings

03-22-01, 00:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail my0wn Click to send private message to my0wn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Challenge pic?"
Is it possible that the following Pic is from the upcoming reward Challenge, or have we already seen it? It looks like there is green netting on the tower piece. Also in the vid cap with Colby sliding down can anyone make out who is on the ladder behind him? If it's Keith I think that would put Colby at the lead, but if it's Amber he may not be, since it appears she falls down (unless she was in the lead when she fell)

03-22-01, 00:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Challenge pic?"
LAST EDITED ON 03-22-01 AT 00:35 AM (EST)

Good eye, myOwn...

The set of towers at the bottom appear to have a hanging rope obstacle between them and a net slide to the finish... that is the apparatus that Colby is shown descending.

Above the twin towers is a simple wall obstacle. Lift up with the arms hang a leg over and haul yourself over the top. The twin doorway apparatus above the wall seems to have hanging tires in it. Perhaps to force people to duck as they go thru.

The rectangular area with the pink stripe is a water obstacle with a narrow beam down the center... that is the water and beam where Amber is shown falling.

Above the water obstacle appears to be a ramp leading up to a rope bridge. Hard to tell but it looks like planks on a rope bridge (a la Indiana Jones Temple of Doom).

The apparatus at the very top seems to have very little structure to it... either a starting gate or a very tall cargo net style obstacle...

I'm having flashbacks to the old 'confidence course' in basic training <shudder>.

Finally... another speculation pic finds its proper place in our quest for the big picture.

IceCat

Golightly 9 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-22-01, 00:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Golightly Click to send private message to Golightly Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Challenge pic?"
Look at Amber's splashing picture. She seems to be crossing the river. The Obstacle course appears to be on dry sand, but the rope slide Colby is on seems to match the Obstacle course overhead shot. What can we make of that? Are there 2 different challenges shown in the preview? Or have they used the net slide part of the overhead shot in this single challenge?

03-22-01, 01:06 AM (EST)
12. "Amber pic location..."
If you look at the foreground in the Amber splashing picture, you can see the sand on the ground and that the water obstacle is in a pit lined with beams on all sides with one more beam going down the center as a bridge.

Amber is falling off the bridge into the water... the river is in the distance. The image is compressed in depth due to the use of a longer focal length.

IceCat

03-22-01, 01:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Golightly Click to send private message to Golightly Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Amber pic location..."
OK, I see it now. That dark area in the top left corner is the water line and all the foilage is back there. Is that right? It's late here and my eyes are getting mighty tired! Haha!

Minstrel 422 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-22-01, 03:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Minstrel Click to send private message to Minstrel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Challenge pic?"
No, the netting is going to be for immunity. If you look at Aja's vidcaps, you will see it's the same. The sky is overcast which is what is known about the third day of the episode.

Also, I don't think it's Amber that falls. I think it's Jerri. Her hair looks wet while Ambers looks fine, but I could be wrong. I also think the top and shorts match her in another photo but the distance is too far to make a firm identity.

03-22-01, 04:51 AM (EST)
19. "RE: Challenge pic?"
The Colby netting photo and the Amber splash phot are all from the same competition on the obstacle course. I can't really tell what you are saying in your post:

>No, the netting is going to be for immunity. If you look at
>Aja's vidcaps, you will see it's the same. The sky is overcast
>which is what is known about the third day of the episode.

From the teaser statements on the CBS website and the preview video, the RC is the obstacle course using partners in tandem. I think that the IC might be shown in the very tight face shots at the end of the preview. Where most of them have their orange bandanas on.

If you look closely, there is a slight head bob on each shot and they seem to be looking intently across at someone else in a excited fashion. They all look a little wet.

Yah know... I just got a premonition... I betcha it's:

LOG ROLLING!

... or some ther head-to-head dynamic balancing challenge over water... but something about the head position and the head bobs and the angle they are looking at just screams 'log rolling' competition.

iCEcAT

LowRent 49 desperate attention whore postings

03-22-01, 01:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LowRent Click to send private message to LowRent Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Challenge pic?"
LAST EDITED ON 03-22-01 AT 01:55 AM (EST)

Looks like they would have to run this course 2 at a time. There's no room to pass (And wouldn't it be tough for all 8 to run an obstacle course at once?) Maybe it's an elimination event--winner and runner-up would have to run the course 3 times. Poor Rodger doesn't stand a chance.

Edit: I just realized how boring that would be for television (watching the obstacle course run 7 times) After reading the other posts & the CBS promo, It makes more sense that the course is run as a relay, by teams of two. Winning pair wins the reward.

Minstrel 422 desperate attention whore postings

03-22-01, 03:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Minstrel Click to send private message to Minstrel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Challenge pic?"
Yep, it's the immunity challenge for E9.

03-22-01, 00:02 AM (EST)
4. "RE: E9 preview vidclips"
Here ya go, Ayatollah! Heres' that run-down of the preview for next week's show:
*WATER POLLUTED (Shot of stick in muddy river water)
*FOOD SCARCE (Shows a can o' rice)
*AMBER shown eating a spoonful of rice (Blue shot)
*Narrator: "The tribe has hit rock bottom." (Shot of AMBER wearing black tank & khaki shorts, JERRI, COLBY wearing bandana covering his head and KEITH walking either to or from RC.)
*Shot of JERRI with a half smile (Brown shot)
*Shot of AMBER carrying wood (Blue shot)
*KEITH: "Life in the Outback is getting tougher."
* Narrator: "But winning the ultimate challenge could win someone paradise."
* CHALLENGE SHOTS: TINA & RODGER running
COLBY sliding down net
AMBER jumping into water btwn. 2 wooden ties
( Colby & Amber confirmed by clothing/bandana)
*COLBY (Reading tree mail; wearing green rain slicker & khaki shirt): "If there's one reward to win, this one's it."
*FEMALE "WHOOP" as Narrator asks, "Who will it be?"
*Narrator: "Who will be voted off?"
*Faces flash in this order:
JERRI
RODGER (Kucha)
KEITH
TINA
COLBY
NICK (Kucha)
AMBER
LIZ (Kucha)
----------------------------------------------------------------
I think that the muddy, polluted water could be caused by the flooding, as could the food scarcity and being at "rock bottom". A couple of interesting things: Amber is shown twice in blue shots (Jerri once in brown). Have preview shot colorations ever been analyzed? Female "Whoop" heard after RC. Clue or red herring? All of the Ogas are shown walking & wearing RC clothes in one shot EXCEPT for Tina. Did she win? She's certainly ahead of Rodger in the vidcap. Whose brown hair are we seeing under Colby on the net slide? Facial expressions flashed at the end all appear happy-ish, so no real info there I suppose. That's all I have for now. Over & out!

Gecko74 2 desperate attention whore postings

03-22-01, 00:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Gecko74 Click to send private message to Gecko74 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: E9 preview vidclips"
NOT MUCH TO SAY HERE, EXCEPT I BELIEVE THE HAIR BELOW COLBY IN PICS HAVE TO BE THAT OF AMBER, NOBODY ELSE HAS HAIR THAT STRAIGHT AND THAT COLOR. WE NEVER REALLY SEE KEITH WITHOUT HAT OR BANDANA, SO IT IS HARD TO DETERMINE IF IT IS HIS OR NOT. JUST A GUESS, BUT BASED ON PICS I HAVE SEEN IN PAST EPS. BY THE WAY, FIRST TIME POSTER, PLEASE BE HONEST BUT NOT TOO HARSH. THANK YOU

jtmorgan61 91 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-22-01, 00:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jtmorgan61 Click to send private message to jtmorgan61 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: E9 preview vidclips"
Didn't see any more senior members responding, so:

Honest: Please stop using all caps. Thanks.

Not too harsh: Welcome to the wonderful world of SurvivorBlows posting!

03-22-01, 00:48 AM (EST)
8. "Who's Hair is There?"
I hate to say it Golightly, but I think the brown colour and curls look awfully like Jerri's coif. I really would be a little perturbed if 'that woman' won two reward challenges in a row, but I gotta call 'em like I see em! Maybe somebody is even further ahead of them.

IceCat

VolcanicGlass 428 desperate attention whore postings

03-24-01, 06:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VolcanicGlass Click to send private message to VolcanicGlass Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
61. "RE: E9 preview vidclips"
LAST EDITED ON 03-24-01 AT 06:56 PM (EST)

>A couple
>of interesting things: Amber
>is shown twice in blue
>shots (Jerri once in brown).
> Have preview shot colorations
>ever been analyzed?

Just highlighting this up as this was not addressed.

Edited to add that I would look for it, but I have lost all pre-Jeff's booting tapes.

jtmorgan61 91 desperate attention whore postings

03-22-01, 00:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jtmorgan61 Click to send private message to jtmorgan61 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Discussion of Ep8.5 spoilers"
Here's the cbs web promo stuff:

- While others insist on choosing partners from a hat, Jerri insists that Colby be her partner--period--because "this is not a fair game." Will she get her wish?

Well, this is pretty up and up.

- Which two tribe members will get a day of great food and snorkeling, and which one will ultimately show up the other?

Hmmm. Don't see that we can get anything out of this.

- A shocking twist will have people talking the next day. What will it be?

This is the one I actually want to generate some discussion on. Last time a "surprise" was claimed, it was Mitchell, which might not be a surprise to spoilers but would theoretically be a surprise to the home audience. I think this one might be helpful as evidence against Nick going if we buy the "shocking twist" is related to who goes. We see Ogakor has a numerical advantage, is voting out the physically strongest Kucha in order (or so Tina said, I think), and so Nick is the obvious next pick. With the logic we got when Mitchell went, anyone else could be "shocking." That is, Jerri because she's in Ogakor and survived last time, Rodger because he's catching the fish, is nice and weak, Liz because she's nice, and of course everyone else, who I think would be shocks to almost all of us. Comments?

03-22-01, 01:01 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Discussion of Ep8.5 spoilers"
If the RC is by partners, then Tina and Roger seem to be running together. If Colby and Jerri end up partners that would leave Nick and Keith as partners.

Since the prize is usually known before hand, I wonder if Jerri is so insistent on her choice of partner because she wants to get Colby alone to work on solidifying what she sees as a weakening alliance.

IceCat

idiotcowboy 1135 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-22-01, 02:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail idiotcowboy Click to send private message to idiotcowboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Discussion of Ep8.5 spoilers"
LisLis Gone

Killing SHOCKING internet rumor of her in final 2.

5-2 Ogre, Let the Games Begin!

"The grass may not be greener on the other side of the fence, but it is on the other side."

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

03-22-01, 03:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Lis's facial expression"
LAST EDITED ON 03-22-01 AT 04:13 AM (EST)

Most of the facial expressions look happy (to me) except the one they chose for Lis, which has a different quality--maybe more tentative. Not ecstatic, anyway. I'm guessing these "happy faces" are clips from their response to hearing about the reward challenge and engaging in the fantasy, because when else would they look that happy? I don't doubt Lis gave at least one great smile in response, but that's not what they chose to select out and present to us.

In the preview, the clips "answer" the question of "who gets voted off." The preview itself moves so fast that it's hard to take in and so the last shot makes the most impression (duh). Sometimes they do put the answers in the previews: Amber crying after a loss; Kimmi and the chicken-fight; Mike's yell and splash with no picture of Mike; Keith holding out on his perch; Jerri elated at her boomerang throw; Alicia's boomerang biting the dust... I can never bring myself to trust the obvious, then the obviously foreshadowed happens.

I don't want Lis to go yet; I want her to wreak havoc and I hope she does, but...am I imagining that her expression is different?

Edited after going back to pics:
I was wrong to say they all look happy. Nick looks kind of crafty, and Jerri looks likes she just smoked too much Outback pakalolo.

Maybe the shocking event is that Nick actually makes a strategic move in the game besides lying low. That would have me talking!

Siebured 83 desperate attention whore postings

03-22-01, 05:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Siebured Click to send private message to Siebured Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "Shocking twist"
I think if Jerri insists that Colby be her partner in the obstacle course, Amber would feel so betrayed she may turn against Jerri at the TC. This would be a shocking twist considering that Amber has been Jerri's lapdog the whole show.

I'm really curious about the "which one will ultimately show up the other" comment. Is it possible Jerri makes Colby her partner and then does something herself to cause them to lose the race? Or is it more likely this statement refers to the immunity challenge later?

YellowOrb 10 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-22-01, 03:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail YellowOrb Click to send private message to YellowOrb Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Shocking twist"
>A shocking twist will have people talking
>the next day.

Sometimes we analyse so much we miss the obvious. Look at the vid caps. The "shocking twist" is the lightning strike that hits very close to camp. It would certainly have people talking about it the next day. Exactly the sort of cheezy pun that MB loves.

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-22-01, 04:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Shocking twist"
...or the flood resulting in polluted water.

Lisapooh 12664 desperate attention whore postings

03-22-01, 04:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisapooh Click to send private message to Lisapooh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: Shocking twist"
or old kentucky joe winning immunity. at this point, that woul dbe shocking.

Y'all have done a great job with this one! Way to go.

jkkeller 24 desperate attention whore postings

03-22-01, 05:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jkkeller Click to send private message to jkkeller Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
43. "RE: Shocking twist"
... which is kind of a strange headline to broadcast, when you think about it.

They have to boil water that they gather from the river to make it safe for drinking.

Doesn't that kind of mean it's BEEN polluted since the show started?

ttpup 1 desperate attention whore postings

03-22-01, 05:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ttpup Click to send private message to ttpup Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
44. "RE: Shocking twist"
How about this for "shocking": See the second vidcap from aja. Look behind the chirons that say "Next Thursday" Whaddya see? A big ass bolt of lightning. Could the "shocking" come from an actual lightning bolt. I am not suggesting anyone is hit with a bolt, but a strike to the camp would scare the hell out of everyone. MB also has a penchant for lame punning, and maybe "everyone will be talking" about how nothing really happened that was, in a non-literal sense, shocking. Or, not.

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

03-22-01, 06:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "Obstacle Course a Leftover?"
I recall reading somewhere (probably this board) that what was supposed to be the Immunity Challenge in E6 (when Mike got hurt) was used later. If this course was to be run by PAIRS and in a relay fashion, I'd be willing to bet that this was the course that would've been that earlier challenge. Also, is it an RC or an IC, did anyone see anything that would give a clue?

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

03-22-01, 06:24 AM (EST)
23. "RE: Obstacle Course a Leftover?"
Sounds reasonable about the 'left over challenge' it looks awfully complex for just an RC. It would be in MB's interest to use the obstacle course later on rather than just strike the set and waste it.

It seems pretty clear that the obstacle course is going to be run in teams of two. I cannot see them doing that for an IC. For something as important as immunity, the contestants must be on their own.

Also, the ICs have usually been something other than a raw athletic prowess challenge... that has always been consistent in S1 and S2. The obstacle course is too athletic for an IC.

IceCat

03-22-01, 10:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Obstacle Course a Leftover?"
Yes, I agree that one of the challenges this week uses the "leftover obstacle course" that was originally constructed for a side-by-side team challenge. The water element portion seen in the previews is not consistent with the original aerial photo...could mean that they rebuilt it in a different location, close to the water, using the same materials (cargo net, towers etc.) It doesn't make sense that they would do the IC in pairs unless it was multiple "heats" to result in a winner.

MB has usually shown us the reward challenges early and saved information about the IC for the day before the show. So, I would guess that all the obstacle course stuff is related to the RC. I agree that the happy faces are the tribe members listening to a description of the reward "luxury trip".

Unfortunately, not much to work with regarding the next bootee...

03-22-01, 06:10 AM (EST)
22. "IC is Log Rolling..."
LAST EDITED ON 03-22-01 AT 08:35 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 03-22-01 AT 06:16 AM (EST)

Just continuing on with an idea I started above. I am almost certain that the IC is going to be log rolling. That logger sport where they each stand on opposite ends of a floating log and spin it under their feet attempting to put the other person into the water.

Watch the sequence of head shots at the end of the preview. If you put your VCR on the slowest slow motion mode you've got you will have a better chance of seeing what I describe below. The motion of the bodies is important in some shots so watching the video tape instead of looking at the vid cap pics is important.

Watch their shoulders both Jerri and Rodgers shots show a slight figure eight style motion of their shoulders as though they are moving their feet. Note the eye line, they are looking intently to the side at something (someone) at eye level.

Keith's shot shows him definitely bobbing up and down and his head is turned to the side just like Jerri and Rodger... but in the opposite direction. Just like he was on the opposite side of a log than the Jerri and Roger pics. Judging by the expression on Keith's face and the height that he is bouncing I'd say he just dumped someone in the water (the weight of the log rebalancing causing more bobbing on Keith's side).

In Tina's shot, her shoulder's are steady and she's making some sort of surprised face almost like she's responding to some sort of pre-event or post-event banter.

The Colby shot is very short but very telling. He has the same hunched over, head-pivoted-to-the-side look as Jerri, Rodger, and Keith and their is a slight shoulder movement as well. Notice the water spitting on the left of the screen. That is either water flipping up from the spinning log, or it water splashing up from Colby's fallen competitor.

Nick's shot is probably the most telling... he is looking down at his feet initially but then looks quickly up again to the same eye line that Roger and Jerri had. This person is concerned with his feet placement and something/someone else to his side. This man is log rolling!

The final head shots of Amber and Liz look more like reaction shots as they are watching from the sidelines.

Log rolling is a sport that has a physical aspect to it but it relies more on quick foot work and balance and less on strength. This makes it ideal as an immunity challenge because it does not favour the bigger or the most athletic contestants. Look at the ICs thus far: Stand on a pole... place a disk on the ground... balance/endurance then a luck/strategy game.

My 'spoiler'... based upon indepth video analysis... is that the immunity challenge for EP9 is going to be log rolling or something pretty damned close to log rolling.

Yup! That's my story and I'm stickin' to it:

Obstacle Course for Reward
Log Rolling for Immunity

Edited for the following PS:

I expect the competition will be single elimination tournament style. Initial pairings drawn from a hat. Round of 8, then 4, then 2... properly edited it should take just the right amount of time.

Everytime I watch the video... I am more and more certain!

2nd Edit for the following PPS:

In Rogder's profile at the CBS website it lists Rodgers former occupations:

Previous occupations include ten years as Chief Executive Officer of a bank, owner of a lumber company and owner of a hardware store.

Lumber company! Logging related sports! Who knows... maybe Rodger was an afficiando of logging related sports. They are regularily shown on ESPN. Technique is everything in log rolling. Maybe the SHOCKING part of next week's episode is that Rodger wins immunity. Keith and Colby have a pretty high center of mass and Rodger's is lower. That would be an advantage on a balance related challenge. If Rodger also had some knowledge (and maybe even experience) in the sport of log rolling he could seriously be a contender for immunity.

IceCat
'The Video Analysis Feline'

Play2Survive 270 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-22-01, 09:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Play2Survive Click to send private message to Play2Survive Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: IC is Log Rolling..."
Good thought Ice. Could be. But why would they be looking up smiling while trying to focus on the log? Either that or they're taking turns riding an electronic pony. Hmmm, not much of a challenge. Hey, maybe they're riding real ponies - that would explain the bopping up and down and the smiles, and we've heard about a challenge involving horses since the beginning of time.

Just another thought. But I agree that the position in the pics is a bit odd and suggests that they're from the challenge. Reminds me of the Keith/Liz pic which turned out to be part of challenge. And while I have no reasoned theory about this, I do find it odd that they are all smiling except Liz and Jerri.

cartman 20 desperate attention whore postings

03-22-01, 11:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cartman Click to send private message to cartman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: IC is Log Rolling..."
They're all smiling except for Nick and Jerri.

03-22-01, 12:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Play2Survive Click to send private message to Play2Survive Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: IC is Log Rolling..."
Liz is definitely not smiling. Nick is debatable. Whatever the case, they all have big, fat, teeth-gleeming grins, except:

Liz, Nick and Jerri.

I don't think it means much.

03-29-01, 07:02 AM (EST)
63. "Aerial View of Log Rolling Area"
LAST EDITED ON 03-29-01 AT 07:08 AM (EST)

Kirin posted a pic that looks like it could be the challenge area for the log rolling/balancing. Kirin should be congratulated for making the connection between the log rolling/balancing theory and this spoiler pic that has been hanging around for some time now but has not been asssociated with any particular episode. Kirin's post is here:

http://community.survivorblows.com/boards/DCForumID2/1075.shtml#4

The vid caps from the preview are here are here:

http://community.survivorblows.com/boards/cgi-bin/dcboard.cgi?az=show_thread&om=1031&forum=DCForumID2&omm=1

The last pics of the tribe members look like they are taken during the immunity challenge...

My video analysis is based upon a slow motion analysis of a video tape of the preview and my analysis is located here:

http://community.survivorblows.com/boards/cgi-bin/dcboard.cgi?az=show_thread&om=1031&forum=DCForumID2&omm=22

Kirin's photo definitely meshes with the idea of a log balancing competition as the IC for EP9. Even the water level is high in the photos.

I think we have a huge amount of insight into both the reward challenge and the immunity challenge but we seem to have little discussion on hard spoiling and more discussion on speculation.

03-22-01, 11:07 AM (EST)
26. "4 Ogas, No Tina?"
What can we make of the preview clip (shot through th Eucalyptus trees) that shows 4 Ogakorians walking together. No Tina in the picture and no Kuchas. Are they just not on Camera? Walking to the IC? Ideas?

AyatollahKhomeini 2008 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

03-22-01, 11:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyatollahKhomeini Click to send private message to AyatollahKhomeini Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RC Walk?"
LAST EDITED ON 03-22-01 AT 02:07 PM (EST)

First, I'd like to say that I think you all have done a great job with this thread since last night (I was too busy with the hoax over on Off-Topic to make it over here later in the evening). Krautboy and IceCat, your take on the challenges makes perfect sense: a paired obstacle course for the "big" RC (should we figure that the winning team gets to go to wherever the "ocean shot" in the preview is?), and (maybe) log rolling for the IC. Reading the CBS "clues", I don't know why Jerri would complain that drawing names from a hat to pair up for the RC is unfair -- but I'm presuming that the pairings have to be male-female, because a two-male team would be a lock to win now that Alicia's gone. Maybe that's Jerri's issue?

The final pictures (as well as the splash-in above) do look like log rolling, because you have to watch your opponent closely so that you aren't put in the water by his/her first move. I can't imagine any of the survivors are very good at it, so they would need to watch for the first move like hawks.

As far as the Ogie 4 in this picture, Krautboy -- hmmm. They are wearing challenge clothes. Since the matchup for RC is 5 Ogies - 3 Kuchies, one of the Ogies will have to be paired with a Kuchie. Please look this up to verify, but I thought it was overcast on the third day; it looks pretty sunny in this picture.

NOTE: If the pairings are male-female, at least one Ogie female would have to pair with a Kucha male. Could that be Tina? One thing is for certain -- if they drew names from a hat, they would have to do it before they left the camp. They do seem to be carrying a lot of stuff for a challenge, though....

***WARNING: SPECULATION*** (Edited to remove the speculation, which I just realized is flat-out wrong. That's what comes from being too busy at work!) Due to a heavy workload this week (and yesterday's delays thanks to the troll), I might not be back in again until late Friday.

Great job so far ... please keep spoiling while I'm gone!

flying squirrel 290 desperate attention whore postings

03-22-01, 03:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail flying%20squirrel Click to send private message to flying%20squirrel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "Photo blowup from baddogbad"
LAST EDITED ON 03-22-01 AT 03:07 PM (EST)

Looks like they are carrying ... swimsuits? Dry clothes?

Ogaalltheway 16 desperate attention whore postings

03-22-01, 04:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ogaalltheway Click to send private message to Ogaalltheway Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: RC Walk?"
Hi all. This is my first post here (I've defected from the EZ board to join this forum). My take on the four Ogies walking without Tina and the Kuchas is this:

In the pic, they are carrying either swim clothes or towels. In the first two pics, it looks like Jerri is touching Keith's arm or handing him something. Perhaps the pairings were drawn at camp and the contestants are walking with their partner. My guess, from the other pics of Tina with Rodger in the challenge, is that they are partners, and perhaps are walking together to the challenge. The pic of the four Ogies must be before the challenge as they don't seem either tired or wet.

My guess for the pairings: Amber and Keith, Jerri and Colby, Tina and Rodger and Liz and Nick (or perhaps Tina drew Nick and she and Rodger are racing against each other in the vid cap). So, we can deduce that this is the walk to the RC challenge and that the winning team shares the RC reward. Now, the part that intrigues me, even more then the shocking event that will have everyone talking, is that the winners of the RC seem to have a game of one-upsmanship, which perhaps, comes into play later in the game.

Aja--thanks for the vid caps, and to whoever put them in order for this board (sorry, didn't catch the name) a BIG thank you.

03-22-01, 12:19 PM (EST)
31. "RE: 4 Ogas, No Tina?"
Good catch, Krautboy. It seems that Tina would have to be either way ahead or way behind to actually be with these guys. As AK suggested, perhaps Tina was the one to team up with one of the Kucha man, that would make sense to me. But wait, no - the "clue" said everyone wants to draw names out of a hat, so why would the pairings be made along tribal lines? Would Jerri's insistence on being with Colby change any other pairings, probably segregated by odds?

Maybe Tina's just chatting it up with her new buds Liz and Rog.

Tyler_Durden 17 desperate attention whore postings

03-22-01, 11:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tyler_Durden Click to send private message to Tyler_Durden Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Discussion of Ep8.5 spoilers"
Hello, just moved from the other board
Thx to Aja for the caps!
Thx to Ayatollah for posting them here!

IceCat, good eyes!, got me believing the balance, log rolling thing.
When I was a younger we used to play a game called Gunnel Bobbing. 2 players stand at each end of a canoe and try to Bob (bounce) each other off. As for the smiles, it's a lot of fun and you'ld be laughing too!!!

Shocking twist: Colby's ankle in RC obstacle course?

occamsrazor 5 desperate attention whore postings

03-22-01, 03:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail occamsrazor Click to send private message to occamsrazor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Discussion of Ep8.5 spoilers"

How's this for the "shocking twist" and it ties a few other spoilers together:

Somehow we are led to believe there is a definite choice to be voted out - an alliance shift to oust Jerri, or Liz is targeted by the Ogakor group, or whatever. However during either the RC or the IC, Rodger gets hurt - perhaps the rumored broken collarbone? (this seems reasonable because of the apparant physical nature of these events). Anyway, in the end, Rodger asks to be voted out because he feels he can't compete any more and, surprise, surprise, Liz votes for Rodger. This also helps complete the "I will never put that man's name down" foreshadowing from Ep2 or Ep3. This would also tie in to the Rodger party spoiler thread going around.

Thoughts?

03-22-01, 07:46 PM (EST)
50. "RE: Discussion of Ep8.5 spoilers"
I like the canoe game idea... it would be a good use for the canoes that they took away from the tribe. Excellent thought about a play on the word 'twist' too. Especially with ropes and nets around in the RC.

IceCat

03-22-01, 04:26 PM (EST)
35. "Tina and Rodger win RC?"
Looking at the analysis we have so far, here's a composite theory:

The RC is the recycled obstacle course. To use the course, originally designed for two teams, it is run as a competition of pairs chosen from a hat. One team member on each side of the course. Best team time wins. The picture of Tina and Rodger running together is the winning team. Tina beats Rodger, but their team wins,and Rodger ultimately "shows up the other" winning the IC (yet to come)...

So, Tina and Rodger win the RC and are wisked away to the luxury resort. The others, 4 Ogies ,Liz and Nick, walk back to camp(as seen in the "RC Walk" picture). Nick and Liz walk ahead or behind to discuss their fate, so their not pictured.

The IC happens on or in the water (Log Rolling?). We see pictures of all VERY CLOSE CROPPED so as not to reveal too much about the Challenge! In the pictures all the men have their shirts off and women appear to have their swimm suits on. Tina is pictured with her tribe headband (which she was not wearing in the RC picture running with Rodger) suggesting a different day from the obstacle course.

As IceCat and others have discussed, the posture in the pictures is consistent with "log rolling" or some sort of balance competion. The faces also suggest head to head elimination. The Ogakors seem to be enjoying the competion more than the Kuchas, because the Kuchas have more at stake. Nick and Liz are not nearly as happy as the Others. Rodger is happy because he is good at it and finally shows up Tina who beat her during the RC and teased him about it.

Rodger wins immunity and someone gets voted off...

Please refine or discard this composite theory as appropriate.

03-22-01, 04:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisapooh Click to send private message to Lisapooh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: Tina and Rodger win RC?"

And winning immunity would be a good excuse for Rodger to host his big party rather than because he was voted out. I posted in another htread that throwing a party to watch yoruself get bumped off seemed unlikely.

flying squirrel 290 desperate attention whore postings

03-22-01, 05:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail flying%20squirrel Click to send private message to flying%20squirrel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "Rodger's party"
Rodger hosted his big party last week (3/14) at Jillian's in metro Cincinnati. That was a major reason to believe that he didn't go in E8.

03-22-01, 05:14 PM (EST)
42. "RE: Rodger's party"
oops - so much for my deductive reasoning. I think I'll stick to the "way to go"s and y'all are so smart"s from now on.

03-22-01, 06:00 PM (EST)
47. "RE: Rodger's party"
I believe there are two parties - the one you mentioned, and a larger one for E9. Don't have proof, just read that here.

JustD 9 desperate attention whore postings

03-22-01, 05:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JustD Click to send private message to JustD Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: Tina and Rodger win RC?"
LAST EDITED ON 03-22-01 AT 05:18 PM (EST)

>As IceCat and others have discussed,
>the posture in the pictures
>is consistent with "log rolling"
>or some sort of balance
>competion. The faces also suggest
>head to head elimination. The
>Ogakors seem to be enjoying
>the competion more than the
>Kuchas, because the Kuchas have
>more at stake. Nick and
>Liz are not nearly as
>happy as the Others. Rodger
>is happy because he is
>good at it and finally
>shows up Tina who beat
>her during the RC and
>teased him about it.

I was nearly convinced that log rolling may be it, but after looking at the Liz & Amber reaction shots, I don't think either of them is wet enough to have been dumped in water, and when you fall off a log, you generally go face or butt first... (Yep, I've seen log rolling...) Look at Lizzy's hair, it's dry enough that it's blowing in front of her face.

Maybe tug of war on posts? They do this at Ren Faires, with little posts to stand on, and the guy who wins is generally the guy with his center of gravity down low... But that wouldn't be fair to the girls, Colby could pull Liz over without even trying... Hmmmmm...

xo, D

Edited because I'm Faire folk, and sometimes have problems spelling fair... ROFL...

03-22-01, 07:54 PM (EST)
51. "RE: Tina and Rodger win RC?"
Amber and Liz could be watching before their turn... thus their hair could still be dry... Liz's expression is one of concern, perhaps she is watching Rodger 's turn first.

IceCat

03-22-01, 08:24 PM (EST)
53. "Who's wet?"
LAST EDITED ON 03-22-01 AT 08:28 PM (EST)

Looking more closely at the "head shots" it appears that many of the contestants were/are wet and are watching those remaining that are still dry. It also looks like Colby and Nick are still dry, both "focused" and hunched over slightly as if they are actually still competing...maybe against each other in the final? Rodger and Keith also look dry but appear to be spectators waiting their turn?

The tight cropping on the head shots makes it pretty aparent that MB is trying not to give away the IC event yet. Maybe he'll throw us a bone next week...

03-22-01, 08:49 PM (EST)
54. "RE: Who's wet?"
My analysis was made replaying the video in slow motion... the shoulder motion and head bobbing are important components that are not apparent in the still vid caps. Roger and Keith are definitely moving in the clips. Roger's shoulder motions definitely indicate that he is moving his feet, and Keith's bobbing motion definitely indicates that he is standing on a floating object.

Motion is a key component in analyzing these photos. The stills really don't say it all. Watching the video is slow motion is a real eye-opener.

IceCat

03-22-01, 05:21 PM (EST)
45. "RE: Tina and Rodger win RC?"
Krautboy, I usually see eye to eye with you, but I have to disagree with you on this one. I can't for the life of me see how a team of Tina and Rodger could win an obstacle course against any other combination of players. My thought is that they are racing to the finish line, with Tina ahead, in which case Tina - and whoever she partners with - wins the challenge.

The IC with Rodger winning seems slightly - ever so slightly - more feasible, depending on the nature of the challenge. It could be the reason for the party. Whatever the reason, I do believe Rodger must play an important role in this episode. Either he gets voted out (but why?), wins immunity (but how?), hurts himself (oh maybe), or is instrumental in saving a Kucha from being booted through some clever scheme involving Keith or Tina (wishful thinking perhaps).

DivaByTheSea 175 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-22-01, 05:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DivaByTheSea Click to send private message to DivaByTheSea Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
46. "RE: Tina and Rodger win RC?"
IMO, I don't see Rodger getting hurt. I think that the only hurt person or event as such has happened. The broken collarbone thing was hoax to me. We've never really had any true spoiler material to lead us to believe that one. We had proof on the burned hands of Mike, due to his picture on his own internet site.

Does anyone out there remember the link or any real spoiler on another injury? Other than the much debatable hoax-person from ss.com....

**** Remember, the mighty oak was once just a crazy little nut that held its ground. ****

03-22-01, 06:32 PM (EST)
48. "RE: Tina and Rodger win RC?"
Play2Survive, I didn't say I BELEIEVED this theory, just that it was a COMPOSITE of what WE had all discussed so far. Maybe a little too much ramming a square peg into a round hole, but I think it helps to sort out what fits and what doesn't. You raise many valid questions...we'll keep working on it. Remember you get to do the next "composite" theory. I'll be looking for it...

03-22-01, 06:40 PM (EST)
49. "RE: Tina and Rodger win RC?"
Ah, okay Krautboy ... so that was a composite. I think I must have missed the Tina/Rodger team theory if it had been mentioned earlier. As far as posting the next composite of our discussion, I believe that this post enters me into the triple digit club, which means I have wasted enough time on all this speculation to most likely be qualified for the job. I'm scaring myself. Glad we have a whole week yet to work on it.

03-22-01, 08:07 PM (EST)
52. "Congratulations!"
Play2survive, I guess now that you are a member of the triple digit club I need to treat you with a little more respect... Do you receive an asbestos jacket from Shakes on your 100th post??

Gotcha 1 desperate attention whore postings

03-22-01, 09:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Gotcha Click to send private message to Gotcha Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
55. "Re: Shocking Twist"
When I was looking at the first video capture at the beginning of this thread, I didn't see a big lightning strike, I saw a funnel cloud, as in a Twister. Am I delirious?

03-22-01, 09:30 PM (EST)
56. "RE: Re: Shocking Twist"
I remember seeing weather reports the Survivor 2 filming site that mentioned funnel clouds during the time frame of EP8/9. I can't, for the life of me, remember the link tho

IceCat

wolf1bh 38 desperate attention whore postings

03-22-01, 11:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail wolf1bh Click to send private message to wolf1bh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
57. "RE: Re: log rolling?"
i've tried log rolling in wisconsin- for a novice its very difficult to learn-(and wouldnt make very good tv if they all fell off in a few seconds)- more so then throwing a boomerang (which apparently they had hours to practice)- i just don't think that thats what the other challenge is hopefully well get some more previews soon

03-23-01, 06:44 AM (EST)
59. "RE: Re: log rolling?"
There are practice sessions for different challenge elements and some challenges that are performed that don't make it to broadcast. If the log is thick enough, a novice can stay on the log for a few seconds. Remember, the challenges have to be editable down to about 10 minutes maximum time. Short time on the log makes this a a good thing for editing purposes. This is important especially considering that there would have to be 3 seperate rounds of competition (Round of 8, Round of 4, Final of 2) having the people stay on the log for longer than a few seconds would produce a lot of footage that wouldn't be shown anyway due to time constraints.

rameses 89 desperate attention whore postings

03-23-01, 03:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail rameses Click to send private message to rameses Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
58. "RE: Re: Shocking Twist"
You know, the more you look at that picture, the more it does look like a funnel cloud. And, I'm with Ice Cat. I have heard something about this sometime earlier but I can not remember where or when. Maybe someone else will be able to help us!

03-24-01, 01:37 AM (EST)
60. "Bump"
Just a bump to keep this material up with all of the other threads that have been started covering the same topic.

IceCat

skierdude10 114 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-28-01, 07:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail skierdude10 Click to send private message to skierdude10 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
62. "Bump"
Gotta get this thing up....

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •