The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Destination Down Under ?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Spoiler/Speculation Forum (Protected)
Original message

Rain Crow 374 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

10-23-01, 03:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rain%20Crow Click to send private message to Rain%20Crow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Destination Down Under ?"
I agree that India seems to be the next major destination, and that somewhere in the south Pacific is probably another site, perhaps after India. I also believe that the dogsled site is probably Alaska or Yukon. However, I believe there is another possibility for Frank's ice water swim.

New Zealand has some high mountains (up to 12,349 feet) and it is in the Southern Hemisphere. This means it would be winter there when it is summer in the Northern Hemisphere. The scenes in Europe were obviously chilly, but certainly not filmed in the dead of winter.

Therefore, it is possible to set up for a frigidly cold swim "down under" followed by a flight to "the land of the midnight sun" for a frigidly cold dogsled run. It would be a pretty cool (pardon the pun!) thing to do gimmick-wise. It also lets them clearly include Down Under in the previews without totally giving it away like it would if they showed a koala or a kangaroo.

Another reason for a Down Under site...so far they have visited North America, Africa, Europe, and are obviously going to Asia. Assuming no easy way to Antarctica, then we have to include Down Under and South America in order to hit all the continents except Antarctica.

Based on this, here are five possible major routes:
(1) India, South Pacific, New Zealand/Australia, Alaska/Yukon, South America (best gimmick route...hot-hot-cold-cold-hot)

(2) India, New Zealand/Australia, Alaska/Yukon, South Pacific, South America (gimmick variation...hot-cold-cold-hot-hot)

(3) India, New Zealand/Australia, South Pacific, South America, Alaska/Yukon (zig-zag a la Europe/Africa)

(4) India, South Pacific, New Zealand/Australia, South America, Alaska/Yukon (most efficient travel-wise)

(5) India, New Zealand/Australia, South America, South Pacific, Alaska/Yukon (most travel weary)

OK...my brain is tired now. Some of you other spoilers chew this up, massage it a bit, and see if it has any merit. I eagerly await your input!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Destination Down Under ? ReiseKaiser 10-23-01 1
 India confirmed by USA Today Bebo 10-24-01 2

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

ReiseKaiser 20 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

10-23-01, 05:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ReiseKaiser Click to send private message to ReiseKaiser Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Destination Down Under ?"
From the looks of things this was filmed in February or March. This means that it would still be summer in NZ. Also, the most definitive feature of NZ, geographically anyway, are the geothermal lakes. So an ice water swim in NZ is not a high probability, even though NZ does have some high mountains.

I agree that they should hit all the continents, and Australia would make for fun watching.

One of the obvious omissions from your list is Japan, major Pacific Rim gateway.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-24-01, 11:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "India confirmed by USA Today"
http://www.usatoday.com/life/columns/lrous.htm

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •