The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Alicia's Final Chat"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-19-01, 04:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sleeeve Click to send private message to sleeeve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Alicia's Final Chat"
Here are some excerpts from Alicia's final chat that I thought might be relevent to the spoiler board... My comments are included in parenthesis. The complete chat is here:
http://survivor.cbs.com/primetime/survivor2/survivors/alicia_c1.html

ImissMichael: What did you observe off-camera that let you know the Ogakor alliance was still intact?

Alicia Calaway: I knew that Colby, Tina, and Keith would have to vote off a Kucha member in order to keep their advantage over us. And I knew that would be me.

(Apparently, the C/T/K allaince was evident to people off camera... Colby may NOT be a swing vote, as we thought...)

MissCleo: If you had to be stranded with one person--Kimmi or Jerri--who would you want it to be?

Alicia Calaway: Definitely Jerri! She and I traveled together after the filming of the show and we had a great time! She is a wonderful person!

(We already have this elsewhere, but to reiterate, survivors must not have flown home together...)

D_D: Elisabeth seems like a sweet and nice person; her relationship with Rodger is very father/daughter like! Are they both for real?

Alicia Calaway: I know it's hard to believe, but they are probably even closer than they appear on tv.

(No chance they break up!)

survivorchamp: Alicia, what's the deal on Nick? He's always in the background never saying a thing. I know he wasn't feeling well but he needs to be more of a team player . Can you shed some light on this for us?

Alicia Calaway: I agree with you there. Nick slides under the radar a little too well. I'm not quite sure if that is his strategy... but I know he's a lot thicker than he appears to be on tv.

(So it's NOT just editing, Nick really doesn't have anything to say.)

Alicia Calaway: The Outback is ruthless.. the temperature changes are extreme, and we were approaching wet season, which means the rainfall was becoming heavier and heavier, and more and more dangerous.

(Here comes the flood... good bye camp...)

spunky: Would you ever pose for Playboy?

Alicia Calaway: I would be happy to if they offered me the right amount of money! (laughs)

( )

OICU812: Didn't you get the impression that there was tension at Ogakor when Colby threw the water on Jerri?

Alicia Calaway: We didn't see Colby throw the water on Jerri, because we were busy enjoying the Doritos and Mountain Dew. I wished we could have seen that, because that would have given us a little more insight on what was going on in the Ogakor tribe.

(Aha! Thus ends the "How could Kucha be so stupid!" debate)

Alicia Calaway: Thank you for your kind words and questions! I hope you continue to watch the show. Things become very interesting and the show has been a lot of fun.

("very interesting"... why do they always say this??? Were they instructed to? Or do things actually become interesting?... My take... either Kucha gets voted off one-by-one, or they don't. How's that for great spoiler value??)

----------------------------------------
Final Four: UCLA, Stanford, Ole Miss, and Michigan St.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Alicia's Final Chat DivaByTheSea 03-19-01 1
 Self-defense AyatollahKhomeini 03-19-01 2
   The "All Wet Jerri" Incident SurvivinDawg 03-19-01 3
       RE: The "All Wet Jerri" Incident sleeeve 03-19-01 4
           OK AyatollahKhomeini 03-19-01 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

DivaByTheSea 175 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-19-01, 05:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DivaByTheSea Click to send private message to DivaByTheSea Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Alicia's Final Chat"
>Alicia Calaway: I knew that Colby,
>Tina, and Keith would have
>to vote off a Kucha
>member in order to keep
>their advantage over us. And
>I knew that would be
>me.
>
>(Apparently, the C/T/K allaince was evident
>to people off camera... Colby
>may NOT be a swing
>vote, as we thought...)

This sorta sums up how I took them voting her off. They realized that they HAD to, no matter what their personal feelings were. I think that maybe they switch strategies in E9.

Maybe Jerri will go?

AyatollahKhomeini 2008 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

03-19-01, 06:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyatollahKhomeini Click to send private message to AyatollahKhomeini Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Self-defense"
>OICU812: Didn't you get the impression that there was tension
>at Ogakor when Colby threw the water on Jerri?
>
>Alicia Calaway: We didn't see Colby throw the water on Jerri,
>because we were busy enjoying the Doritos and Mountain Dew.
>I wished we could have seen that, because that would
>have given us a little more insight on what was
>going on in the Ogakor tribe.
>
>(Aha! Thus ends the "How could Kucha be so stupid!"
>debate)

Well, no it doesn't. Why? Because WE COULD SEE RODGER IN THE CLIP when Colby threw the water on Jerri. At least Rodger should have noticed it.

I have a slightly different theory as to how Kucha could be so stupid -- they were so certain that they were going into the merger with an edge in personnel that they weren't paying attention to Ogakor any more. This isn't something that you can admit to and come off looking good:

"We didn't see Jerri get soaked because we had already assumed Ogakor was history." ... sounds just a tad arrogant?

Thanks for the excerpts, sleeeve.

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-19-01, 07:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "The "All Wet Jerri" Incident"
Alicia might have missed Colby soaking Jerri, but I doubt every Kucha did. But put yourself in their position: What did they really see?

They saw Colby throw a pail of water on Jerri and Jerri laugh and say "Thanks, I needed that." It would look as much like playful fun as it would serious anger. Jerri's reaction surely wasn't one that would cause them to wonder about it. Couple this with the fact that Jerri didn't cause Ogakor to lose that RC, Amber's inability to drop a basket one foot from her onto a table was the problem.

So my thinking is that whoever on Kucha that saw it dismissed the incident as just playing around.

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-19-01, 08:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sleeeve Click to send private message to sleeeve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: The "All Wet Jerri" Incident"
I'm with you here, dawg... As I've said in another post, if anything, I think it made Colby look like a sore loser, since Jerri could not be blamed for the Ogawhore loss.

As for Alicia, not sure why she says Kucha didn't see, but they probably dismissed it as nothing, and completely forgot about it. In any case, we see that they didn't grasp the full implications of it that could have saved their tribe at the merger.

----------------------------------------
Final Four: UCLA, Stanford, Ole Miss, and Michigan St.

AyatollahKhomeini 2008 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

03-19-01, 10:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyatollahKhomeini Click to send private message to AyatollahKhomeini Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "OK"
You're both right with regard to the water throwing -- out of context, it would probably appear as playful, especially on a typical 120-degree day in Oz. I still think Kucha screwed up because it was overconfident, but this doesn't prove it.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •