The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"You're Cut Off."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Current Message

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-17-10, 09:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Episode #2."
The pack is starting to sort itself out.

The Smart Ones have figured out their only road back to a life of happily never paying your own bills is to take whatever they're force-fed here and choke it down. To that degree, they're going to at least give some effort in the various tasks, although they may dodge out of it whenever possible -- witness the issues visible in the initial housecleaning. For most, this is 'fake it until you make it': the lessons are unlikely to sink in and the whole experience will be treated as cramming for a course whose only purpose is a graduation requirement, where total forgetting of material takes place at the exact second of handing in the final -- but at least they'll try to give off the illusion of reform.

The Stupid Ones are exemplified by Gia. (She's hardly the only one -- just the worst.) The world exists to do their bidding, and this situation is a momentary aberration. They will continue to act as they always have because this experience has to end eventually -- and once it does, things will go back to their normal with no concessions on their part. To concede anything, much less change in any way, would mean descending to a level they only acknowledge the existence of at a great distance. So they'll wait. And then they'll go home. Followed by taking vengeance.

But those divisions are what existed before they were told what the goal of the program was. Now that they've all heard that they're actively working back towards their old lifestyles -- well, to continue down the Stupid path is going to require a sense of entitlement that, luckily enough, you'll already find in the house. In quantity. They should all realize they've at least got to fake it now -- but...

Other notes:

I don't like the VIP position. Maybe you do need a reward system with this group because it essentially comes down to training purse dogs, but they were clawing at each other before the perks appeared. Too many queens in the hive -- at some point, the stingers are going to come out.

As far as Voldy's appearance goes: you had to figure she lived like a pig. (Sure, production could have wrecked the house on purpose. I choose to believe otherwise. Voldy would understand: after all, believing otherwise is all she's ever done.)

It might have been better to tell the massage receivers about the celebrity endorsements after the experience. Say, at the end of the series.

Too much fighting, too many insults, and welcome to Total Drama Household: you won't be staying long. No one could stand to stay for very long. Well, maybe if they offered you Gia's rejected (and theoretical) cleaning million...

Gosh, what a fun shopping trip. I hope some of their furniture is edible, because that did not supply nine people for one week. Innocents abroad in a place with no grocery bagging. Which isn't a problem, because most of what they purchased didn't look like groceries.

Does anyone in the house have a T-Bird? I'd like to see their daddy take it away.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents
  Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 You're Cut Off.   Estee     06-10-10       
   RE: You're Cut Off.   kidflash212     06-13-10     1  
     RE: You're Cut Off.   Estee     06-13-10     2  
   Fair warning.   Estee     06-15-10     3  
   Episode #2.   Estee     06-17-10     4  
     RE: Episode #2.   LFJ     06-18-10     5  
     RE: Episode #2.   udg     06-19-10     6  
         RE: Episode #2.   kidflash212     06-19-10     7  
         RE: Episode #2.   Estee     06-20-10     9  
             RE: Episode #2.   udg     06-21-10     10  
                 RE: Episode #2.   Estee     06-21-10     11  
   RE: You're Cut Off.   Puffy     06-20-10     8  
     RE: You're Cut Off.   krismiss2us     06-22-10     12  
         RE: You're Cut Off.   kidflash212     06-23-10     13  
             RE: You're Cut Off.   Estee     06-23-10     14  
   Oh yikes!   Snidget     06-23-10     15  
   Episode #3   Estee     06-24-10     16  
   Episode #4 preview.   Estee     06-30-10     17  
     RE: Episode #4 preview.   kidflash212     07-02-10     18  
         RE: Episode #4 preview.   Estee     07-03-10     19  
             RE: Episode #4 preview.   kidflash212     07-05-10     20  
     RE: Episode #4 preview.   Starshine     07-05-10     21  
   Exit one.   Estee     07-08-10     22  
   The Great Outdoors Bitchfest...   Estee     07-13-10     23  
     RE: The Great Outdoors Bitch...   thndrkttn     07-15-10     24  
         RE: The Great Outdoors Bitch...   Estee     07-15-10     25  
   The PATH out.   Estee     07-20-10     26  
     RE: The PATH out.   LFJ     07-21-10     27  
         RE: The PATH out.   Estee     07-21-10     28  
             RE: The PATH out.   LFJ     07-21-10     29  
   Finale.   Estee     07-27-10     30  
     RE: Finale.   arkiegrl     07-28-10     31  
         RE: Finale.   Estee     07-28-10     32  
         RE: Finale.   kidflash212     07-10-16     33  

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •