The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The Walking Dead"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Non-Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

zombiebaby 7355 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-01-10, 11:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The Walking Dead"
Premiered Oct 31 on AMC anyone watch?

I really liked it. I thought the acting was pretty good and the whole show left me unsettled. I especially loved Lennie James' character. The father who could not "kill" his zombie wife. I loved him in the departed "Jericho" and hope he is on more here.

Has anyone read the novels? I want to but don't want to get spoiled for these 6 episodes. Does it follow it closely?

brains, not just for
breakfast anymore.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The Walking Dead mrc 11-01-10 1
   RE: The Walking Dead zombiebaby 11-01-10 2
       RE: The Walking Dead agman 05-07-12 32
 RE: The Walking Dead KwietOne 11-02-10 3
 Renewed after 2nd episode! zombiebaby 11-08-10 4
 RE: The Walking Dead Loree 11-10-10 5
 RE: The Walking Dead KwietOne 11-10-10 6
 RE: The Walking Dead mrc 11-17-10 7
 RE: The Walking Dead zombiebaby 11-22-10 8
   RE: The Walking Dead mrc 11-23-10 9
       Ahhh zombiebaby 11-23-10 10
           RE: Ahhh mrc 11-28-10 13
 RE: The Walking Dead KwietOne 11-23-10 11
 RE: The Walking Dead cipher5150 11-24-10 12
 RE: The Walking Dead KwietOne 12-07-10 14
 Season 2- split up zombiebaby 09-06-11 15
 RE: The Walking Dead CTgirl 09-07-11 16
 Season 2 zombiebaby 11-01-11 17
   RE: Season 2 Tummy 11-22-11 18
 Bump! It's back! Buggy 02-12-12 19
   RE: Bump! It's back! CTgirl 02-13-12 20
 Two questions mrc 02-18-12 21
   Third question Tummy 02-21-12 22
   RE: Two questions zombiebaby 02-21-12 23
       RE: Two questions Buggy 02-25-12 24
           RE: Two questions Buggy 02-25-12 25
               RE: Two questions zombiebaby 02-27-12 26
 RE: The Walking Dead zombiebaby 03-16-12 27
   RE: The Walking Dead Buggy 03-16-12 28
 RE: The Walking Dead Estee 03-24-12 29
   RE: The Walking Dead Buggy 03-25-12 30
 RE: The Walking Dead mrc 03-27-12 31
 RE: The Walking Dead mrc 10-16-12 33
 Watched the AMC Marathon trigirl 10-26-12 34
 I'm bummed mrc 11-09-12 35
   RE: I'm bummed KwietOne 11-09-12 36
       RE: I'm bummed vanonrun 03-07-13 40
 Season 3 Midseason Finale trigirl 12-03-12 37
   RE: Season 3 Midseason Finale mrc 12-04-12 38
 walking dead comics vs show vanonrun 03-07-13 39
   RE: walking dead comics vs show Agman2 11-07-14 41

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

mrc 10074 desperate attention whore postings

11-01-10, 11:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The Walking Dead"
I wanted to watch it, but DW is scared of zombies.

Boo!

Ferociously purrfected by thndrkttn

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

11-01-10, 04:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The Walking Dead"
*gasp* Zombies are peaceful, just a little hungry.

I thought it was quite scary. DH accidentally scared me in the middle of the night while I went to feed the baby.

One more of J
Slice's Awesome Creations!

agman 11166 desperate attention whore postings

05-07-12, 03:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail agman Click to send private message to agman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: The Walking Dead"
Somehow I knew you were going to like this show!

Super siggie by Tribe

KwietOne 1111 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-02-10, 02:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KwietOne Click to send private message to KwietOne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The Walking Dead"
LIKE!

Haven't read any of the novels, but read 28 Days Later borrowed that "man-waking-from-a-coma-in-a-hospital" from the novels.

I was reading some commenters from another site, and they were complaining that it didn't talk about why it happened, etc etc. C'mon, it's not a movie. It's a TV series. Let it all play out. Give it some time!

There were a lot of disturbing scenes in this show: the little zombie girl, the female torso crawling through the park, the horse getting eaten...

11-08-10, 08:06 PM (EST)
4. "Renewed after 2nd episode!"
AMC renews it for a 13 episode 2nd season.

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/11/08/amcs-the-walking-dead-renewed-for-13-episode-season-two-as-second-episode-big-ratings/71238

Looks like a hit and I might add it the first show I have felt excitement about in a long time!
mmm...flesh.

One more of J

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

11-10-10, 01:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: The Walking Dead"
I enjoyed the 2nd episode alot more than the premiere episode. I thought the first one kind of had some slow boring parts. But the next ep was more fast paced and interesting.

11-10-10, 07:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KwietOne Click to send private message to KwietOne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: The Walking Dead"
That second episode sure was bloody and gory! Man, that part of the episode where they layered that guy's guts all over their bodies to throw off their human stench was nail biting! I would have freaked out!

11-17-10, 11:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: The Walking Dead"
I watched the first episode. It's a bit gory for me, so I don't know if I'll stick with it. I do like the premise, though.

A Slice of Manga

11-22-10, 03:37 PM (EST)
8. "RE: The Walking Dead"
I just love this show! Episode 4 was great!
Just the right amount of creepy suspense.

One thing though. This show makes me miss the cast of Lost. I could picture that cast dealing with this set of problems. Does that make sense? It might be because of the character Daryl. The redneck with layers. He reminds me of Sawyer.

One more of J

11-23-10, 09:31 AM (EST)
9. "RE: The Walking Dead"
'Cept he's not hot.

You've been hotpocketed!

11-23-10, 06:53 PM (EST)
10. "Ahhh"
maybe not as hot but I would not kick him out of bed for eating crackers.

You've been hotpocketed!

I need a gif of a zombie throwing a human pocket. Or as Breezy would say "burrito".

11-28-10, 10:43 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Ahhh"
I'm still watching, btw.

11-23-10, 08:40 PM (EST)
11. "RE: The Walking Dead"
About time to weed down the human characters. As soon as the girl said she was off to take a pee break, I already knew.

I wonder where Merle went?

HA...when Glen was describing the game plan about retrieving the guns, he was asked what he did for a living and responds by saying he was a pizza delivery guy. LOL

I'm liking how the series is not religiously following the comic book. I like where this series is heading.

cipher5150 166 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-24-10, 02:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cipher5150 Click to send private message to cipher5150 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: The Walking Dead"
I’m loving this show but am dismayed that there are only 6 episodes this “season”.

The producers seemed to overlook the fact that when the guy that is using the crossbow to shoot the zombies in the head, and then retrieved the arrow and used it to shoot the non-bad bad guy in the butt, he would have given him the “zombie virus”.

Fooner cracked my code

12-07-10, 01:50 AM (EST)
14. "RE: The Walking Dead"
What a finale...can't wait til next October.

More characters leave - wonders, if they show up in later episodes alive or as a walker.

Flashback for Shane...he actually tried to save Rick.

Is Lori pregnant by Shane?

I'm actually liking Darryl's character with that cross bow.

09-06-11, 09:13 AM (EST)
15. "Season 2- split up"
Looks like premiere will air October 16 with a 90 minute episode. Then they will air 6 episodes, take a break then return February 12 for 6 more episodes.

Not sure how I feel about this.

http://www.hitfix.com/articles/amc-supersizes-walking-dead-premiere-orders-kevin-smiths-secret-stash

You've been hotpocketed!

CTgirl 7243 desperate attention whore postings

09-07-11, 10:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: The Walking Dead"
OMG! I just watched the first 4 episodes yesterday thanks to Netflix. I love it!

This show reminds me of Lost in many ways too with how they are stranded and the mix of complicated characters. I was on the edge of my seat just like I was in the early days of Lost.

*runs off to put disk in mailbox and wait for the next one*

11-01-11, 09:38 AM (EST)
17. "Season 2"
Loved the last episode with Shane's "decision". Don't want to spoil it for anyone who has not seen it yet. But I am glad the show is starting to show some of the hard choices.

Tummy 3542 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

11-22-11, 09:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tummy Click to send private message to Tummy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Season 2"
I was starting to lose interest but the last episode was good. I do wish they'd come across a group that's still doing research - surely the zombies will just start to fall apart at some point!

The one trapped in the well was gnarly.

Buggy 5089 desperate attention whore postings

02-12-12, 11:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Buggy Click to send private message to Buggy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "Bump! It's back!"
The second half of season 2 start tonight, and there is a marathon of the first part of the season on today.
Best show on TV right now.

CTgirl 7243 desperate attention whore postings

02-13-12, 10:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Bump! It's back!"
Last night's show was great. I thought the first half of this season didn't hold up to the first season, but they are back with a bang! The one-two punch at the end got me in the gut - can't wait until next week!

02-18-12, 04:12 PM (EST)
21. "Two questions"
Not necessarily for anyone to answer, but ones that are sticking in my mind. (I have three episodes left in S2, Pt. 1.)

1. I'm wondering what the good doctor told Rick before they left the CDC.

2. The first scene of the series shows Rick shooting that young zombie girl. I'm curious about the timeline for that event.

I agree with whoever said that this show is reminiscent of Lost.

Bunnies eat nerds.

Tummy 3542 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

02-21-12, 12:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tummy Click to send private message to Tummy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "Third question"
Does anyone else now have a meet-up place in case the zombies take over?

Not that I'm telling you where mine is, just in case when you all become zombies you remember where I'll be.

02-21-12, 05:51 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Two questions"
1. We don't know yet. It is supposed to be revealed this season.

2. That first scene actually took place after Rick woke up from his coma and he was on the road to Atlanta to look for his family and/or a safe haven.

For me I find I look forward to watching it as much as I did Lost. It is a good show. But you can't really compare it to Lost. This is pretty straight forward I think and not really a series with a mythology. I don't go looking up clues about it like I did with Lost. Was it a Hot Pocket or a Burrito? ;)

However many of the characters could fit Lost-like character shoes. Obvious one being Daryl=Sawyer. Nick names are coming!

02-25-12, 11:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Buggy Click to send private message to Buggy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Two questions"
I agree you can't compare it to LOST, except the two both have incredible writing and complex characters.
The thing with The Walking Dead, is that there is no magic, no mythology, no otherworldness. It is our world if a zombie creating virus happened in it.

I love that the show isn't about zombies, as much as it is a story about people, and how they deal and change as they survive this new world. I think I'd compare it more to The Stand ( the book) , although that had some supernatural aspects to it as well.

The Walking Dead is very human.
I hope this show continues on and on.

02-25-12, 11:57 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Two questions"
I should also add for those that don't know, it's based on a graphic novel ( comic book) that is still ongoing.
Though it is based on the books, the show doesn't follow the books exactly (for instance , one of the main characters in the show was killed in book one). In the books new characters are added and some are killed off, the show seems to be expanding the story.
The story in the books is far from over, so that gives me hope that the Tv version has lots of story to go.

02-27-12, 12:40 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Two questions"
I've read the first two issues so far. Very easy, great reads. My problem is coming up with the money to buy the volumes. I can't seem to find them at my library either. I think they are up to 96 or something so far!

03-16-12, 10:33 AM (EST)
27. "RE: The Walking Dead"
I have just loved the second half of this season. I love the pace, the story and the acting.

I LOVED the scene between Shane and Rick before Rick stabs Shane. Very Shakespearean. I thought the actor playing Shane was really good. I will miss the character of Shane but it was his time to go.

That last shot of the horde of zombies approaching Rick and Carl was just chilling! So creepy!

I can hardly wait for the season finale!

This? Is my absolute favorite show on right now!
The cinematography is beautiful.

One more of J

03-16-12, 01:07 PM (EST)
28. "RE: The Walking Dead"
Agree with everything you said.

I didn't think Shane would survive the season, but they way he met his end was so right for the story. The writing on this series is just so amazing.

Great characters, such complex storylines. It is the best show on TV.

Don't want it to be over, can hardly wait for next season.
I am really worried about who is going to make it through the next episode.

Estee 56970 desperate attention whore postings

03-24-12, 11:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: The Walking Dead"

03-25-12, 03:21 PM (EST)
30. "RE: The Walking Dead"
Ha! Very funny because it is true.

Carl may answer the question if someone can grow up in that environment and NOT become a sociopath. We will see.

03-27-12, 04:21 PM (EST)
31. "RE: The Walking Dead"
Super happy about giving this series another chance. I finished S2 last night, and I can't wait until S3.

Done by a Cap

10-16-12, 12:24 PM (EST)
33. "RE: The Walking Dead"
I'm excited about this season. I don't read the graphic novels, but I know that an upcoming character is VERY important.

Bunnies eat nerds.

trigirl 2851 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

10-26-12, 00:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "Watched the AMC Marathon"
...and now I am finally caught up. Love this show. But watching many, many eps back to back did give me some crazy dreams. lol.

11-09-12, 01:52 PM (EST)
35. "I'm bummed"
I didn't see those two deaths coming. I foresee Rick coming unhinged in the near future.

Ferociously purrfected by thndrkttn

11-09-12, 05:07 PM (EST)
36. "RE: I'm bummed"
He's BEEN unhinged after killing Shane. LOL

I agree though...Lori was totally unexpected. T-Dog...well, let's just say I've been waiting.

You think that newborn will survive in a zombie world?

vanonrun 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-07-13, 11:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vanonrun Click to send private message to vanonrun Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: I'm bummed"
"In the real world" that newborn would probably be stricken with disease by now, if not death already. I'm surprised they kept her alive to be honest.
Though I suppose, there's no gentle way to kill a newborn in any TV show, even one as fake as the walking dead..

trigirl 2851 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

12-03-12, 10:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "Season 3 Midseason Finale"
Love this show! Was anyone really, really hoping that Michone would chop off Andrea's head?

12-04-12, 09:59 AM (EST)
38. "RE: Season 3 Midseason Finale"
Me, me!

A Slice of Manga

vanonrun 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-07-13, 11:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vanonrun Click to send private message to vanonrun Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "walking dead comics vs show"
If you havent read the comics yet I highly suggest it. The show has been straying heavily from the source material as of late (with the exception of last week's episode)

There's a new variation of the comic book cover out today:

plus, there's a slew of merch out there for all of us geeks at heart worth collecting: http://www.catacombscds.com/series/Walking_Dead.html

A nice guest appearance by Morgan this past week, I hope he returns before this season ends, or at least during season 4. Lennie James is a spectacular actor.

Agman2 305 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

11-07-14, 05:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Agman2 Click to send private message to Agman2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: walking dead comics vs show"
Can't say that I have read them before

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •