The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Mandisa Love Thread"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol Individual Contestant and Judge Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Angelfood 2114 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

02-15-06, 10:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Angelfood Click to send private message to Angelfood Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Mandisa Love Thread"
C'mon and give my girl some lovin' here in this thread. She is truly a class act, and has talent, charm & great pipes!

Yes, maybe I'm still upset that Frenchie had to go early, and encouraged that Jennifer Hudson will be a screen star. But compared to the other TOP 24 talent this season, she seems to be one of the best.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Mandisa Love Thread Coconut 02-16-06 1
   RE: Mandisa Love Thread tarmaq 02-25-06 10
 Feb 21 Performance Angelfood 02-22-06 2
 RE: Mandisa Love Thread Kattrikk 02-22-06 3
 RE: Mandisa Love Thread Tahj 02-22-06 4
 RE: Mandisa Love Thread DontGetMeStarted 02-22-06 5
   RE: Mandisa Love Thread shawnar 02-22-06 6
       RE: Mandisa Love Thread LisaPles 02-23-06 7
       RE: Mandisa Love Thread DontGetMeStarted 03-03-06 11
   RE: Mandisa Love Thread Jenoc99 02-23-06 8
       RE: Mandisa Love Thread loretta54 02-25-06 9
 RE: Mandisa Love Thread aquariaqueen 03-07-06 12
 Oprah.... aquariaqueen 03-08-06 13
 you should all be jealous ecaldwell 03-08-06 14
   RE: you should all be jealous livsforluv 03-09-06 15
 RE: Mandisa Love Thread sammyboy22 03-11-06 16
 RE: Mandisa Love Thread calimom 03-24-06 17
 RE: Mandisa Love Thread Macfever 03-27-06 18
   RE: Mandisa Love Thread LIVEURBESTLIFE 03-27-06 19
       RE: Mandisa Love Thread Macfever 03-27-06 20
           RE: Mandisa Love Thread LIVEURBESTLIFE 03-28-06 21
               RE: Mandisa Love Thread Macfever 03-31-06 28
                   RE: Mandisa Love Thread tamarama 03-31-06 29
                       RE: Mandisa Love Thread LIVEURBESTLIFE 03-31-06 30
                       RE: Mandisa Love Thread anotherkim 04-02-06 33
                           RE: Mandisa Love Thread sweet cheeks 04-02-06 37
   RE: Mandisa Love Thread tamarama 03-28-06 22
 RE: Mandisa Love Thread geg6 03-29-06 23
   RE: Mandisa Love Thread LIVEURBESTLIFE 03-29-06 25
       RE: Mandisa Love Thread frisky 03-30-06 27
 RE: Mandisa Love Thread Reality_Tv_fan_90 03-29-06 24
   RE: Mandisa Love Thread sedonajade 03-29-06 26
 RE: Mandisa Love Thread calimom 03-31-06 31
   RE: Mandisa Love Thread sweet cheeks 04-02-06 36
 Mandisa, a homophobe? Hoobie 03-31-06 32
   RE: Mandisa, a homophobe? anotherkim 04-02-06 34
       RE: Mandisa, a homophobe? sweet cheeks 04-02-06 35
       RE: Mandisa, a homophobe? Glow 04-03-06 38
           RE: Mandisa, a homophobe? Lisapooh 04-03-06 39
   RE: Mandisa, a homophobe? flower2 04-03-06 40
       RE: Mandisa, a homophobe? LIVEURBESTLIFE 04-03-06 41
   RE: Mandisa, a homophobe? tamarama 04-04-06 42
   RE: Mandisa, a homophobe? nailbone 04-04-06 45
       RE: Mandisa, a homophobe? Lisapooh 04-04-06 46
           RE: Mandisa, a homophobe? nailbone 04-04-06 47
               Beth Moore PagongRatEater 04-09-06 60
           RE: Mandisa, a homophobe? flower2 04-07-06 54
 RE: Mandisa Love Thread Kodi 04-04-06 43
   RE: Mandisa Love Thread ecaldwell 04-04-06 44
       RE: Mandisa Love Thread geg6 04-04-06 48
       WARNING - ecaldwell Bebo 04-05-06 50
   RE: Mandisa Love Thread Kodi 04-05-06 49
       RE: Mandisa Love Thread Bebo 04-05-06 51
           RE: Mandisa LisaPles 04-05-06 52
       RE: Mandisa Love Thread Macfever 04-07-06 56
   RE: Mandisa Love Thread Macfever 04-07-06 55
       WARNING - Macfever Bebo 04-07-06 58
 RE: Mandisa Love Thread FOXmePUHLEEZ 04-05-06 53
   RE: Mandisa Love Thread TruGoodness 04-07-06 57
 RE: Mandisa Love Thread daijahvoo 04-09-06 59

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Coconut 10856 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-16-06, 10:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Coconut Click to send private message to Coconut Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Mandisa Love Thread"
Love her, love her, though her 'I cried' was a little over the top yesterday. Despite that, I think she's a real contender.
Who cares if you could park a Volkswagen on her backside- the woman has miles and miles of talent and personality!

Coconut: Taking the grammer police to a whole new level.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

tarmaq 127 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-25-06, 09:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tarmaq Click to send private message to tarmaq Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Mandisa Love Thread"
I really liked her! I was like, "you go, girl!" I was especially impressed with her confidence. And she seems really nice. That girl's gonna go far.

Angelfood 2114 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

02-22-06, 10:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Angelfood Click to send private message to Angelfood Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Feb 21 Performance"
I couldn't BELIEVE how she rocked last night.
She took on Heart and she added her own style, showed us some personality, and stayed classy, as always!

LOVE HER!

Kattrikk 565 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-22-06, 11:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Kattrikk Click to send private message to Kattrikk Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Mandisa Love Thread"
I absolutely love Mandisa! She is a class act and so talented. She totally deserves to be there and I hope the voters see that. Good for her for saying to Simon what she did, especially right before she found out if she made the cut. That's integrity. LOVE HER LOVE HER LOVE HER!

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

02-22-06, 11:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Mandisa Love Thread"
I agree with everyone else. I love her! Great talent and seems to have the sweetest, most positive personality ever.

Moves courtesy of Syren

DontGetMeStarted 880 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

02-22-06, 05:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DontGetMeStarted Click to send private message to DontGetMeStarted Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Mandisa Love Thread"
Agreed -she's a megawatt talent. I hope she gets to show us more of her versatility rock and R&B -Gotta love that!

shawnar 366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

02-22-06, 05:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shawnar Click to send private message to shawnar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Mandisa Love Thread"
Love her she rocked last night. I think she handled the situation with Simon with a lot of grace and dignity. I believe she will go very far in the competition.

LisaPles 740 desperate attention whore postings

02-23-06, 09:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LisaPles Click to send private message to LisaPles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Mandisa Love Thread"
I loved the Heart song that Mandisa sang. It was awesome! I can't wait to hear her sing again. I also want to say that I thought she looked great - her hair, makeup, and wardrobe were perfect for her! I loved her outfit!
I was bummed out because I tried to vote for her and I couldn't get through.
Yes, she did handle Simon with grace and dignity and I'm sure that he respects her for it. I love to see a young woman that is so centered and sure of herself. Go Mandisa!

DontGetMeStarted 880 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-03-06, 04:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DontGetMeStarted Click to send private message to DontGetMeStarted Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Mandisa Love Thread"
She really is showing what the word class is all about.. I really like that she & Simon seem to have a 'bond' -that is what really nailed my admiration for her.

Jenoc99 102 desperate attention whore postings

02-23-06, 01:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jenoc99 Click to send private message to Jenoc99 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Mandisa Love Thread"
Mandisa is an awesome singer!
I also agree that she handled Simon's rude remark with class and dignity- a true lady all the way! It was great to see her hold her head high and be accepted.

loretta54 45 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

02-25-06, 02:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail loretta54 Click to send private message to loretta54 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Mandisa Love Thread"
love the lady and as a bbw (big beautiful woman) she represented you go girl.

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

03-07-06, 01:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Mandisa Love Thread"
Mandisa is deserving of top 3 along with Chris.....the other person is yet to be determined.

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

03-08-06, 01:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "Oprah...."
It won't be long after the show ends that Oprah will have Mandisa on the show to sing her theme song.....

"You go, Gurl".

ecaldwell 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-08-06, 06:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ecaldwell Click to send private message to ecaldwell Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "you should all be jealous"
I get to hear her all the time. I am a member of curves and she sings on several of their CD's.... I KNOW I've heard her Chaka Kahn perfomance before

livsforluv 113 desperate attention whore postings

03-09-06, 11:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail livsforluv Click to send private message to livsforluv Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: you should all be jealous"
I get to hhear her all the time too... on Tuesday nights, heehee

sammyboy22 168 desperate attention whore postings

03-11-06, 05:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sammyboy22 Click to send private message to sammyboy22 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Mandisa Love Thread"
I love Mandisa! I think she is definitely one of the two better voices in the female group (the other belonging to Katherine McPhee). I hope she goes all the way.

calimom 30 desperate attention whore postings

03-24-06, 03:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail calimom Click to send private message to calimom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Mandisa Love Thread"
I think Mandisa has a beautiful voice. She has a lovely face as well, I just hope she will lose some more weight. She does not need to be stick thin, but for her health I fear she needs to lose about 50 lbs to be healhier and for her to be able to endure the stress of American Idol.

Macfever 23 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-27-06, 10:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Macfever Click to send private message to Macfever Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Mandisa Love Thread"
She has an awesome set of pipes on her but the thing is is that she is fat and will probably not make it to the end! I mean it is a singing comp and also how you look the whole package and she doesnt have the whole package.

I know im gonna get flamed for this one but like simon i must tell the truth!

LIVEURBESTLIFE 302 desperate attention whore postings

03-27-06, 10:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LIVEURBESTLIFE Click to send private message to LIVEURBESTLIFE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Mandisa Love Thread"
2 words for ya: Rueben Studdard

03-27-06, 07:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Macfever Click to send private message to Macfever Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Mandisa Love Thread"
you exactly made my point!!! where is ruben now?? o wait nowhere hes still a nobody! Did he ever make a #1 or even top 10 song? nope so again thanx for making my point

03-28-06, 01:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LIVEURBESTLIFE Click to send private message to LIVEURBESTLIFE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Mandisa Love Thread"
First of all you stated in your post that Mandisa would not make it to the end. I assumed you meant the end of the competition. Rueben Studdard was overweight and he became the American Idol.

As a result of that win he had a top 10 album and top 10 single. The single was titled "I'm Sorry 2004". Really nice song. Haven't heard from him since though.

But in response to your post it is possible that even with her wieght she can win. Rueben Studdard did.

03-31-06, 02:53 AM (EST)
28. "RE: Mandisa Love Thread"
hey she may win but like i said before she wont last long in the music field because of her weight! Yeah america will vote and she might be the AI of 2006 but still will fall off the face of the earth once everything is over with!

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

03-31-06, 10:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Mandisa Love Thread"
Yeah --

'cause that whole weight issue really cut short the careers of Aretha Franklin, Rosemary Clooney and Kate Smith.

(laugh if you will at my references to Clooney & Smith, but they both began as "pop" stars and became icons, with careers spanning decades.)

03-31-06, 12:45 PM (EST)
30. "RE: Mandisa Love Thread"
That's exactly right Tamarama.

Look at Ophrah she is not a singer but she is in the public eye and I would consider her an American Idol. Wieght really stood in her way....NOT!

Queen Latifah a plus sized woman and formerly in the music industry is now a cover girl, actress, and academy award nominee. Obviously, weight has really held her back too....lmao

anotherkim 14419 desperate attention whore postings

04-02-06, 01:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Mandisa Love Thread"

your examples aren't exactly contemporary, nor were they plus-sized when they were pop stars.
Miscellaneous Ramblings
--Mandisa will have to overcome her weight. It's a matter of fact in a business that is all about image.

sweet cheeks 130 desperate attention whore postings

04-02-06, 07:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sweet%20cheeks Click to send private message to sweet%20cheeks Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: Mandisa Love Thread"
I still say Mandisa is a BIG BEAUTIFUL WOMAN.
She has a beautiful voice and a lovely sweet smile.
I wonder how many people can smile at Simon when he makes those
nasty comments.

03-28-06, 02:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Mandisa Love Thread"
I don't think Mandisa's size will hurt her.

See Ace: Bottom 3 two weeks ago.

People (in general) are not voting only based on looks.

BESIDES: Mandisa is really lovely.

Witness Ryan being rather flirtatious with her. Taking off her shoes...very sexy. Last week he was also very flirtatious. His manner with her is very different than with the other female contestants.

Now this may just be because she's the first real woman to make it this far (as opposed to a 'girl'), giving Ryan more leeway to act like that.

OR, it may be that she's a very sexy woman that inspires that kind of behavior. It happens, even with larger women. (Believe it...or not.)

But watch Ryan tonight...see if it continues.

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-06, 05:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Mandisa Love Thread"
Um, after last night's preaching act?

She'll never get a vote from me.

Goddess of the Steeler Nation
If I heard her introduction to her song correctly, she has insulted me enough that I'd vote for Ace before I'd vote for her.

03-29-06, 05:57 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Mandisa Love Thread"
Geg6,

What did she say that was so offensive? The only thing I remember her saying about the song she sang was that she sung the song many times in church.

Gospel is a legitimate genre of music just like pop, rock, R&B, or country. I don't think that she was trying to preach to anyone or insult people with her song choice.

Many great singers have done popular music and gospel. Aretha Franklin to name one and one of the girls from Destiny's Child I think it was Michelle had a grammy award winning gospel album.

I am not insulting/attacking you I just want to understand what you mean?

frisky 11684 desperate attention whore postings

03-30-06, 01:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Mandisa Love Thread"
It was something along the lines of if we praise her God, we will be set free from horrible things like addiction, LIFESTYLE, and problems.

I was a big Mandisa fan until she shoved her stuff down our throats. Too soon, Mandisa. Only the really big stars get to do that.

Rolly made this.
"Big" meaning famous, just so that's clear.

Reality_Tv_fan_90 75 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-29-06, 05:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Reality_Tv_fan_90 Click to send private message to Reality_Tv_fan_90 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Mandisa Love Thread"
I totally agree. Mandisa is my absolute FAVORITE performer on the show this season. She may even be one of my favorite ppl to EVER come on the show. (Either Mandisa or Vonzell Solomon would have to be my very fav!). She has everything to be the complete package. Some ppl are prejudice against her just because she is a little overweight. But i think that makes an even better reason for her to be the american idol. To prove that american idol isn't about having a figure like a supermodel. Its about singing.

Scott

sedonajade 16 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-06, 08:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sedonajade Click to send private message to sedonajade Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Mandisa Love Thread"
Mandisa has a lovely voice but, I'm sorry -- her choice of clothing this Tuesday was just plain unforunate and distracted from her vocal performance. Up to now, her size has not been a factor for me but I think she's got to be more careful that it doesn't become so because I'm sure I'm not the only one who winced.

calimom 30 desperate attention whore postings

03-31-06, 03:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail calimom Click to send private message to calimom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Mandisa Love Thread"
Yes there are many celebrities who are large such as Queen Latifah, Oprah, etc. But Mandisa is not large....she is HUGE!!!! Her Rear end is so darn distracting when she is on tv, it is a turn off. Queen Latifah is gourgeous, and large but she isn't disgustingly fat, she is curvy and her body is preportioned nicely. Mandissa looks like she has rolled up pillows in her pants. And yes Rueban won but his career is no were!!! He had one gig were he sang in the Scooby Do movie but since then NADA!!! America likes people who have a great voice and they can enjoy to watch a large person sing, but noone enjoys seeing people over 300 lbs. It is just too gross.

04-02-06, 04:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sweet%20cheeks Click to send private message to sweet%20cheeks Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Mandisa Love Thread"

Ella Fitzgerald was not a tiny petite person.
To me Madisa has such a wonderful voice and wonderful smile.
How could you not like her.

Hoobie 569 desperate attention whore postings

03-31-06, 03:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Hoobie Click to send private message to Hoobie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "Mandisa, a homophobe?"
LAST EDITED ON 03-31-06 AT 03:44 PM (EST)

Is American Idol finalist Mandisa homophobic?
We'd love to be able to say it ain't so, but we can't say anything for sure until the plus-size powerhouse has been eliminated and the show's gag order lifted. But the evidence against her is mounting. In introducing the religious-themed "Wanna Praise You" on Tuesday's episode, she said, "This song goes out to everybody that wants to be free. Your addiction, lifestyle or situation may be big, but God is bigger!" What's more, in her personal profile on Idol's official website, she calls antigay author/lecturer Beth Moore her own "idol." An Idol rep reminds us that "we don't comment on the personal lives of our contestants." An industry insider, meanwhile, sniffs: "Does she really think she can have a career without us gay boys?" I believe Donna Summer has the answer to that question.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Ausiello/AusielloReport/

anotherkim 14419 desperate attention whore postings

04-02-06, 01:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Mandisa, a homophobe?"
I find her message about lifestyle disturbing to say the least. I think she probably shot herself in the foot with that comment. Big time.

Miscellaneous Ramblings
--won't get my vote.

04-02-06, 04:17 PM (EST)
35. "RE: Mandisa, a homophobe?"

Well I know one thing Mandisa has a beautiful singing voice.
I would not be surprised if she makes it to the end.
And no matter what Simon says to her she still gives him that
beautiful smile.

HOORAH FOR MANDISA

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

04-03-06, 11:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: Mandisa, a homophobe?"
I'm with you, Kimmah. I do think this will hurt her in the voting. She for sure won't be getting my votes either (not that she ever was).

Lisapooh 12664 desperate attention whore postings

04-03-06, 12:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisapooh Click to send private message to Lisapooh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: Mandisa, a homophobe?"
yup, I just found out about it this morning on another thread. I was surprised and disappointed.

flower2 171 desperate attention whore postings

04-03-06, 04:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail flower2 Click to send private message to flower2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: Mandisa, a homophobe?"
>Is American Idol finalist Mandisa homophobic?
In introducing the religious-themed
>"Wanna Praise You" on Tuesday's
>episode, she said, "This song
>goes out to everybody that
>wants to be free. Your
>addiction, lifestyle or situation may
>be big, but God is
>bigger!"

I think Mandisa is being judged too harshly. From what I saw in this thread, she never spefically spoke out against gays. As for the reference to being free from a particular lifestyle, she could have been referring to a lifestyle inclusive of stealing, lying or cheating on your taxes. However, if she is taking a stand against what she believes, I applaud her bravery for doing so on national television. I thought it was great in the beginning when she forgave Simon for being rude and insulting. She is a class act and I hope she goes far!!

04-03-06, 11:46 PM (EST)
41. "RE: Mandisa, a homophobe?"
Flower,

I'm with you. I didn't think she was speaking out against gays by making that statement. I took it exactly the same as you.

There are many "lifestyles" and life choices that a person can make that can be harmful to themselves or others for example a life of crime.

Lifestyle does not always mean homosexual.

04-04-06, 08:55 AM (EST)
42. "RE: Mandisa, a homophobe?"
So VERY disappointing.

Oy.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

04-04-06, 01:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
45. "RE: Mandisa, a homophobe?"
Is American Idol finalist Mandisa homophobic?

Prove it. show me a quote from Mandisa and then we'll talk.

Otherwise, you're making a generalization based on incomplete data.

Sig by Arkie!!

Holey carp! My blog! MySpace!
Official OT Tassel Adjuster o-

Lisapooh 12664 desperate attention whore postings

04-04-06, 01:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisapooh Click to send private message to Lisapooh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
46. "RE: Mandisa, a homophobe?"
LAST EDITED ON 04-04-06 AT 01:54 PM (EST)

She lists a vehemently homophobic author as her favorite writer. If I listed Mein Kampf as my favorite book, it wouldn't automatically make me a Nazi but it would certainly say something about who I am and what I believe, right?

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

04-04-06, 03:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
47. "RE: Mandisa, a homophobe?"
Is that all the author stands for/writes about? Maybe there's more to it.

I really don't know.

Sig by Arkie!!

Holey carp! My blog! MySpace!
Official OT Tassel Adjuster o-

PagongRatEater 12973 desperate attention whore postings

04-09-06, 07:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
60. "Beth Moore"
...is a highly respected Christian most noted for the proliferation of family oriented Bible studies generally for women produced by her ministries - none of which are about homosexuality to the best of my knowledge. Nothing in her bio is about homosexuality either.

http://www.lproof.org/about_beth_moore.asp

As I understand it, the only connection is that Beth has a link on her website for Exodus - the group that 'reforms' homosexuals. That is certainly her right as it is consistent with her beliefs from the Bible. However, the vast majority of her work has nothing at all to do with homosexuality at all. Beth has around 50 studies and none of the ones linked on her site have anything to do with homosexuality except maybe talking about it in passing.

That being said, aside from her generous Christian spirit, I'm not at all sad that she's gone.

flower2 171 desperate attention whore postings

04-07-06, 08:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail flower2 Click to send private message to flower2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
54. "RE: Mandisa, a homophobe?"
>LAST EDITED ON 04-04-06
>AT 01:54 PM (EST)

>
>She lists a vehemently homophobic author
>as her favorite writer. If
>I listed Mein Kampf
>as my favorite book, it
>wouldn't automatically make me a
>Nazi but it would certainly
>say something about who I
>am and what I believe,
>right?

It could actually mean that you are interested in learning more about someone else's viewpoint that could differ from your own.

Kodi 14 desperate attention whore postings

04-04-06, 12:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Kodi Click to send private message to Kodi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
43. "RE: Mandisa Love Thread"
Idol finalist Mandisa is big fan of antigay writer

Is an American Idol finalist a proponent of the "ex-gay" movement?

That's what some viewers are asking following Mandisa's performance and on-camera comments during Tuesday's live show. For the episode's “Songs of the 21st Century” theme, Mandisa chose the Mary Mary gospel belter “Wanna Praise You,” preceding the song with the following introduction: "This song goes out to everybody that wants to be free. Your addiction, lifestyle, or situation may be big, but God is bigger!" In the taped segment beforehand, Mandisa said the song "means a lot to me because it's a testimony that there's nothing too hard for God."

On the American Idol Web site, the 29-year-old Mandisa, a native of Antioch, Tenn., lists author and lecturer Beth Moore as her personal American idol. Mandisa writes on the site that Moore “inspires me to live more like Jesus, and I want to do the same.”

Moore is the author of such books as Breaking Free: Making Liberty in Christ a Reality in Life, which contains the following passage: "A young Christian girl has a harsh abusive father. She grows up with a fear and distaste for men. Satan supplies a slightly older woman who seems tender and caring. The comforting relationship turns into a physical relationship, so the young woman assumes she must be homosexual. In her heart she knows what she is doing is wrong, but she feels helpless without her new comforter. Soon she starts socializing with other women who are practicing homosexuality, because they will support her new habit with the lies she needs to continue. She avoids the Bible and chooses books that advocate homosexuality. She drops all relationships except those that support the fraudulent attachment with lies.... Scary, isn't it?"

According to Moore's Web site, she founded the Living Proof Ministries in 1994 with the purpose of teaching women how to love and live on God's Word. Part of Living Proof Ministries' mission statement includes the statement “We believe that 'Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners' and can fully redeem and powerfully use even those who consider they have been the worst.” (1 Timothy 1:15). She also provides links to "ex-gay" groups including Exodus International and Exodus Youth.

Idol representatives told The Advocate they don't comment on the personal lives of contestants. (Neal Broverman, The Advocate)

IS THIS REALLY THE KIND OF AMERICAN IDLE WE NEED THIS DAY IN AGE??????

ecaldwell 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-04-06, 01:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ecaldwell Click to send private message to ecaldwell Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
44. "RE: Mandisa Love Thread"
c'mon people... this is the LOVE thread! If you want to have a hate Mandisa thread then fine, but please do it elsewhere.

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

04-04-06, 03:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
48. "RE: Mandisa Love Thread"
Sorry, but I don't think the guidelines proscribe us from criticizing her in this thread. I may be wrong about that, but I don't think so.

If you object to a post, alert one of the moderators. But I haven't seen anything here I'd classify as objectionable.

Other than Mandisa's editorializing about homosexuals, that is.

Goddess of the Steeler Nation
Perhaps those who seem to think the word "lifestyle" was used as a catch-all for liars or thieves or whatever should peruse a few of the writings of right wing Christian and rabid anti-homosexual writers such as the one Mandisa cites as her "favorite author." *I* know what the word is code for if no one else does.

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings

04-05-06, 12:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
50. "WARNING - ecaldwell "
This is a public message forum, which means that any registered poster can respond to any post on any forum. Just because you start a thread on a particular topic doesn't mean that it's going to stay on that topic. Our disclaimer at the top of every page makes it pretty clear that posters are welcome to post dissenting opinions...and that we don't want other posters trying to say what they can and cannot post. As long as the response is within our guidelines and pertinent to the show discussion, we're going to allow it.

Kodi 14 desperate attention whore postings

04-05-06, 11:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Kodi Click to send private message to Kodi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
49. "RE: Mandisa Love Thread"
Hey Guys,

I am thrilled to see such a great response to this ad I found on the ADVOCATE web sight. I know alot of people think we are just jumping to conclusions,but come on look at the facts thrown in our face. As an older adult I have been through a group called Transformation directly connected to Exodus and trust me they are nothing short of a CRAZY,BRAIN WASHING GROUP OF PEOPLE... It is really scary that people still beleive this kind of stuff in this day in age. I just want to say how good it makes me feel to see that in general most of you on here are using the gift GOD gave you to use your own minds and make your own decisions based on experience and LOVE and not the FEAR these people try to instill in people...THANK YOU VERY MUCH... I am a firm believer in GOD and after going throught that group, I know that GOD Loves us all for being individuals and again I will say using our own minds and experience to make our decisions about people. I don't think we should be hating Mandisa as much as praying for her,because I believe when these people do get to meet GOD , he is going to surprise them all by letting them know how dissappointed he is in them for their IGNORANCE.One more point I want to make before I end this is that I just don't understand how a Black Women or Man who has been so discriminated against and put down for years as dirty and evil ,and abused just for being different can speak out against another group of people who want the same thing their fighting for and that is EQUALITY...Again lets not be naive about this. Just the fact that she is already starting to try to use her beliefs to speak out about lifestyles ,COME ON GUYS!!!As I believe we all have a right to believe what we want to, I don't believe we have the right to use that against another mans beliefs,A perfect example is our PRESIDENT!!!Ok enough said... MUCH,MUCH,MUCH LOVE GUYS and Again,Thanks for the SUPPORT I am seeing in this Room......Kodi

04-05-06, 12:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
51. "RE: Mandisa Love Thread"
Kodi, please don't copy and paste information from other sources, particularly copyrighted ones, without appropriately referencing the source material. Per our guidelines:

VIII. DO NOT REPUBLISH COPYRIGHTED INFORMATION
(a) You should NOT post information that is copyrighted or owned by any individual or entity other than you on the discussion or news forums without the express consent of the owner. Reposting is copyright infringement even if you attribute the article correctly to its source. The test for copyright infringement is not whether you are trying to make any money from the work; instead, what matters is whether you hurt the potential income of the copyright holder. By reposting an article, you would be depriving the copyright holder of advertising revenue, so you cannot do it. If such a posting occurs, the member posting the information will be held solely responsible. RealityTVWorld.com is not responsible for member-posted information that may violate copyright law.

LisaPles 740 desperate attention whore postings

04-05-06, 12:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LisaPles Click to send private message to LisaPles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
52. "RE: Mandisa "
I think it is scary when people feel the need to impose their “beliefs” onto others. I hate the implication that a homosexual lifestyle is a sinful one. Anyone who goes along with this line of thinking is clearly out of touch with the reality the rest of us are (thankfully) living in. And I’m not gay, but who cares, right?
I’m sure there are many homosexual people who, if they wish to, have a fulfilling relationship with the God of their choice.
Mandisa is entitled to her “lifestyle” and I won’t hate her for it. I don’t know if this stuff would effect me if she was my favorite singer but since I wasn’t voting for her anyway, I won’t give it any further thought.

04-07-06, 10:10 AM (EST)
56. "RE: Mandisa Love Thread"
As I believe we all have a right to believe what we want to, I don't believe we have the right to use that against another mans beliefs,A perfect example is our PRESIDENT!!!Ok enough said... MUCH,MUCH,MUCH LOVE GUYS and Again,Thanks for the SUPPORT I am seeing in this Room......Kodi

wow so if i believe its ok for me to steal something of yours or better yet kill you then your ok with that? i mean some cultures around the world believe its ok to kill because they have no law saying otherwise. But i have a funny feeling we know what GODs law saying about such things. O yeah if you dont believe in GOD then how can you believe in his laws i forgot my bad. wow unbelieveable ppl this day in age that believe in this kinda garbage.

04-07-06, 10:02 AM (EST)
55. "RE: Mandisa Love Thread"
IS THIS REALLY THE KIND OF AMERICAN IDLE WE NEED THIS DAY IN AGE??????

hmmmmm lets see do i want a gay flaming homosexual as a role model with liberal views or a Born again christan with conservative views hmmmmmmm which one do i want my son taking after man that is such a hard choice to make i dont know what to do<-----sarcasim of course

I would want my boy or girl to have a role model of a christan than a gay flaming fag anyday of the week. sorry to bust your bubble. But gay teach nothing but hate everyone that doesnt agree with you, but the christan says love everyone in spit of what they do to you.
So yeah i would rather have mandesa as a role model for girls and boys rather than a flaming fag any day of the week

04-07-06, 04:48 PM (EST)
58. "WARNING - Macfever"
Our community guidelines clearly state that hate speech is not permitted here and that posters are expected to prevent forest fires instead of inciting them. Your use of derogatory terms for gay people is a violation of the guidelines.

And this forum is for discussing the show, not to take threads off-topic with political and religious discussions. Our Off Topic forum is the appropriate place for those discussions.

FOXmePUHLEEZ 172 desperate attention whore postings

04-05-06, 03:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FOXmePUHLEEZ Click to send private message to FOXmePUHLEEZ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
53. "RE: Mandisa Love Thread"
I'm very sorry that she's not making the best song choices lately and that it is rumored that Simon emphatically predicted she will NOT win. I like Simon, but we know he can't relate to her body size ... not at ALL.

TruGoodness 55 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-07-06, 11:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TruGoodness Click to send private message to TruGoodness Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
57. "RE: Mandisa Love Thread"
Well Reuben was big and he did fine.

I really think it was the song choices. People were just not excited wnough to vot for her. But she will be fine. She has an amazing talent.

http://www.AmericanInventorSpot.com

daijahvoo 0 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "New Member"

04-09-06, 06:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail daijahvoo Click to send private message to daijahvoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
59. "RE: Mandisa Love Thread"
I totaly agree

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •