The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"10/18/06 episode"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Lost Forum (Protected)
Original message

silentJ 336 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

10-18-06, 10:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail silentJ Click to send private message to silentJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"10/18/06 episode"
I think I missed something pertaining to what Hurley said at the end of the episode. Could someone post the jist of what happened between Hurley and Desmond while I was loading my laundry? All I caught was something about "hope you like tie dye".
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: 10/18/06 episode michel 10-18-06 1
   RE: 10/18/06 episode bystander 10-18-06 2
   RE: 10/18/06 episode HobbsofMI 10-18-06 3
       RE: 10/18/06 episode J I M B O 10-19-06 5
 RE: 10/18/06 episode pinksparkleguitar 10-18-06 4
   RE: 10/18/06 episode Bebo 10-19-06 8
       RE: 10/18/06 episode Elaine0 10-19-06 11
   RE: 10/18/06 episode Breezy 10-19-06 14
       RE: 10/18/06 episode J I M B O 10-19-06 25
 RE: 10/18/06 episode AugustGirl 10-19-06 6
   RE: 10/18/06 episode zombiebaby 10-19-06 7
       RE: 10/18/06 episode AugustGirl 10-19-06 9
           RE: 10/18/06 episode Breezy 10-19-06 10
           RE: 10/18/06 episode weltek 10-19-06 16
           RE: 10/18/06 episode miamicatt 10-19-06 26
   RE: 10/18/06 episode Elaine0 10-19-06 12
   RE: 10/18/06 episode MissRaven 10-19-06 13
   Poor Hurley udg 10-19-06 19
       RE: Poor Hurley Canada Girl 10-19-06 20
 The Head Weed Man! Canada Girl 10-19-06 15
   RE: The Head Weed Man! weltek 10-19-06 17
       RE: The Head Weed Man! Canada Girl 10-19-06 18
           RE: The Head Weed Man! weltek 10-19-06 21
           RE: The Head Weed Man! pinksparkleguitar 10-19-06 22
 RE: 10/18/06 episode idiotcowboy 10-19-06 23
   RE: 10/18/06 episode HobbsofMI 10-19-06 24
       RE: 10/18/06 episode maroonclowns mom 10-20-06 29
   RE: 10/18/06 episode EmmaHead 10-23-06 33
 Searching for satellite signal in s... batts 10-19-06 27
   RE: Searching for satellite signal ... udg 10-20-06 28
       RE: Searching for satellite signal ... batts 10-21-06 30
           RE: Searching for satellite signal ... michel 10-22-06 31
               RE: Searching for satellite signal ... pinksparkleguitar 10-23-06 32

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-18-06, 10:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: 10/18/06 episode"
The most important thing of that exchange was that, after Hurley told Desmond that Jack, Kate and Sawyer were held by the Others, Desmond responded that Locke will go get them and bring them back as "he said in his speech." Hurley asked, "What speech?" Desmond acted like he had said too much and covered by blaming the implosion for his confusion.

Only later, in camp did Locke inform all the Losties, (including two new ones)that he will go get the 3 captives. Hurley was creeped out realizing Desmond knew about that speech beforehand.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

bystander 4967 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

10-18-06, 10:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bystander Click to send private message to bystander Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: 10/18/06 episode"
Thanks, I totally missed that. I was feeling Lost myself.

HobbsofMI 15959 desperate attention whore postings

10-18-06, 11:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: 10/18/06 episode"
Does our Desmond have the power to see the future? Is this Hero's or Lost.....I'm getting them confussed now....lol....

Save the Cheerleader Save the World
sig by Syren and bouncy by IceCat

J I M B O 6839 desperate attention whore postings

10-19-06, 01:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20I%20M%20B%20O Click to send private message to J%20I%20M%20B%20O Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: 10/18/06 episode"

Interesting that Hurley had asked Desmond if he was going to turn into the hulk. Maybe the hatch experience did give him some "powers"...and there certainly was a strange look on Desmond's face in the last shot.

pinksparkleguitar 1222 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

10-18-06, 11:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pinksparkleguitar Click to send private message to pinksparkleguitar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: 10/18/06 episode"
So a couple of weird things . . .Desmond knowing what Locke would say before he said it, the fact that we didn't really finish the flashback story (we usually get a little bit of closure there, yes?), Locke's hallucination/airport scene (What did we learn from that?), the polar bear cave (is the polar dragging people away and not the Others?) and other things. Good little clues here and there!

Sig by Cyg!

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings

10-19-06, 08:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: 10/18/06 episode"
Locke's hallucination/airport scene (What did we learn from
that?)

It was after the hallucination that Locke said he had to go save Eko. I thought that was what he gleaned from the dream. Since he was able to rule out helping Claire, Charlie, Sayid, etc. at this point, but process of elimination, he realized he needed to help Eko.

the polar bear cave

So, they said one polar bear's been killed. We've seen a second bear. We've seen two cages over in Otherland (or whatever you want to call it). We know those cages held bears at some point (since they could get the food faster than Sawyer figured it out). Just two bears? And how did they get there - part of the whole original experiment?

Elaine0 1507 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

10-19-06, 10:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Elaine0 Click to send private message to Elaine0 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: 10/18/06 episode"
And Locke also realized he needs to save Jack since he was with Henry/Ben.

Breezy 18379 desperate attention whore postings

10-19-06, 11:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: 10/18/06 episode"
Locke's flashback must be a to be continued... or something. We didn't see how it resolved.

OK, I must read too much. I knew as soon as the cop pulled John and the kid over, that the kid was a cop. I just wasn't sure why they wanted to hook up with John.

J I M B O 6839 desperate attention whore postings

10-19-06, 04:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20I%20M%20B%20O Click to send private message to J%20I%20M%20B%20O Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: 10/18/06 episode"

I dunno. We saw in his flashback yet another instance of his trust being betrayed...I think that may have been the point of it. We also got a bit of closure on the whole farmer/hunter thing when Ecko (hallucination?) told him he IS a hunter.

AugustGirl 11534 desperate attention whore postings

10-19-06, 07:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AugustGirl Click to send private message to AugustGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: 10/18/06 episode"
{john locke voice} I'm going to need to watch that again. {/voice)

So glad I taped it! Can't wait to get home and watch again because Hurley's deja-vu comment was too delicious.

Also, did anyone else think it was weird when the girl in the camp asked Hurley how long was he going to wait to tell them about the captives? Didn't he just walk into camp? Or did I miss something myself? Or is this the deja-vu thing? ACK! So confused!

And! From the first second Charlie appeared on screen I was reminded as to why I hate him. I pray there is no Charlie-centric episode this year. He is a miserable little toad and I wish he would fall off a cliff or get dragged by a bear.

a J Slice original. bounce by Icey.

zombiebaby 7355 desperate attention whore postings

10-19-06, 07:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: 10/18/06 episode"
I agree Augie about Charlie. Just hate him!

I loved this episode! I loved the Locke "dream"! Did Boone say that Charlie and Claire "Don't need him yet"? All the others he seemed to say Don't worry about them.

Makes perfect sense that Locke would be part of a cult like family! His personality screams it!

A PhoenixMons Creation

AugustGirl 11534 desperate attention whore postings

10-19-06, 08:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AugustGirl Click to send private message to AugustGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: 10/18/06 episode"
I'm thinking we are going to find out soon what put Locke in the wheelchair. Perhaps a shootout with the feds at the cult-drug-camp? A shootout with his fellow "farmers"?

Now I know why the Others' hung Charlie when he went to rescue Claire...he wouldn't shut up and they got so tired of listening to him yammer that they strung him up like a horse thief from the old west. Too bad Jack saved him.

Breezy 18379 desperate attention whore postings

10-19-06, 08:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: 10/18/06 episode"

*giggle* Me thinks Augie is a little fiesty today.

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings

10-19-06, 11:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: 10/18/06 episode"
*snort*

-A Spooky Seana Sig

miamicatt 9247 desperate attention whore postings

10-19-06, 05:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail miamicatt Click to send private message to miamicatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: 10/18/06 episode"
I haven't RTFT yet, but one thing did strike me from this episode...

What's up with Locke losing his voice? Did I miss something? (LOL...wouldn't be the first time, believe me.)

I'm curious why/how he lost his voice. And also why/how it suddenly came back. Perhaps it's psychosomatic...and maybe the same psychosomatic reaction that put him in the chair?

Just thinkin'....

(And thinkin' on cold medicine nonetheless...that's some good thinkin'!)

Elaine0 1507 desperate attention whore postings

10-19-06, 10:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Elaine0 Click to send private message to Elaine0 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: 10/18/06 episode"
I think I started not liking Charlie last season. Can't remember what set that off, but he was annoying. Then last night, seeing him for the first time this season, I wanted him to die. There were 3 times when he was in the jungle with Locke that I said out loud "kill him".

Didn't Charlie look less attractive than usual last night? He looked so ugly in one shot that I almost didn't recognize him. Is he still with Kate off screen? That poor woman can do much better.

In a related story, I never jumped on the Boone loving bandwagon. Sure he was attractive, but in my opinion, not overly. Well he sure looks good in the afterlife. Was it the hair cut? I couldn't get over how good looking he was. But maybe after seeing Charlie, anyone would be an improvement.

MissRaven 187 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-19-06, 10:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MissRaven Click to send private message to MissRaven Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: 10/18/06 episode"
>{john locke voice} I'm going to
>need to watch that again.
> {/voice)
>
>LOL! I TOTALLY said that out loud to my husband last night after the dream sequence!

udg 3038 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-19-06, 01:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "Poor Hurley"
Also, did anyone else think it was weird when the girl in the camp asked Hurley how long was he going to wait to tell them about the captives? Didn't he just walk into camp? Or did I miss something myself? Or is this the deja-vu thing? ACK! So confused!

I had the same reaction. I think it's just more of the "everyone picks on Hurley" line, but it really didn't make sense.

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004

Canada Girl 3340 desperate attention whore postings

10-19-06, 01:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Canada%20Girl Click to send private message to Canada%20Girl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Poor Hurley"
Might have just been a bad attempt to give the new cast members a tiny bit of air time. Although anytime they want to bring on the hot new spanish guy is fine fine fine by me. Yum!

10-19-06, 11:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Canada%20Girl Click to send private message to Canada%20Girl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "The Head Weed Man!"
LAST EDITED ON 10-19-06 AT 11:26 AM (EST)

Wasn't he a dead ringer for Mr. Friendly? Was it the same actor? Why isn't anyone else freaking out about this?

It was definetly a different name in John's flashback, the guy was called Mike, but Mr. Friendly's name was said by the black woman on the dock with him in last year's season finale and it was different.

Fake names? More twins? Or am I just going insane?

edited to add: He's not listed for last night's episode on IMDB....yet. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0301370/

10-19-06, 11:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: The Head Weed Man!"
I was having a weird "where do I know him from" moment whenever they showed Mike. Still not sure, but I have a feeling he's significant.

-A Spooky Seana Sig

10-19-06, 11:34 AM (EST)
18. "RE: The Head Weed Man!"
Looks like I was wrong, although they do look like brothers! It's the actor Chris Mulky, who was in Twin Peaks: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0611889/

10-19-06, 01:29 PM (EST)
21. "RE: The Head Weed Man!"
And was apparently born in a small Wisconsin town about 20 miles from where I grew up. Who knew?

I thought he looked similar to Desmond, but much older.

-A Spooky Seana Sig

10-19-06, 01:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pinksparkleguitar Click to send private message to pinksparkleguitar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: The Head Weed Man!"
Dang! I could've sworn it was the same guy. Thanks for the links.

Sig by Cyg!

idiotcowboy 1135 desperate attention whore postings

10-19-06, 01:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail idiotcowboy Click to send private message to idiotcowboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: 10/18/06 episode"
Well, after I got past, man, this episode sucked, I have a few more useful observations. I guess I'm glad the hatch and the people inside the hatch have now been dealt with. Still no clue what happened there, and I have a disturbing feeling we arent really going to get that much more information at least for a while. How anyone survived seemed to be rather unimportant to the show for some reason just that they did. And Desmond espcially, because while the others appeared to have the crap beat out of them, Desmond who in theory was the closest to the explosion came out without a scratch (or clothes for that matter).

I guess I wanted a little more, or at least a little more concern from their fellow survivors. That to me was where the show which has been so tightly focused the past two weeks failed miserably. Where was the search team from the beach? Why did no one seemed to be all that concerned about the missing people. Especially after Locke comes back, you would think there would at least be someone other than Charlie who would be at least interested in what was going on, after all Jack/Kate/Sawyer are off on who knows what kinda of mission, Sayid/Jin/Sun sailed off in the boat, and there was the giant explosion in the jungle leaving a hole where the hatch was... the lack of concern or interest in what's going on just disturbed me a little... I mean geesh, what more important thing are the other people dealing with right now?

The Boone dream was weird, I guess its the beginning of Locke trying to come to grips with his role in Boone's death. Some of the imagry is disturbing, especially given Locke's past which is so very different than his island personna. Is he the choosen one that is destined to save Jack/Kate/Sawyer, a victim of a drug induced self-delusion, or perhaps just loosing his mind. Given what we know the delusion seemed pretty accurate and combined with the Desmond sees the future story arch, I suppose we should expect the Locke Action Hero leading the charge into Otherworld. Whether he's successful or not is highly debatable, but then the island may have changed him from the "farmer" he always was to the "hunter" he always wanted to be.

The flashback was probably the best part of the episode. It might eventually help explain his disgust at Charlie the addict. I suppose we can assume that the commune was after his fathers betrayal and loss of Helen, so we can then presume whatever causes him to loose the use of his legs will happen soon. Perhaps it is a result of something that happen when his hippy friends and the police have their showdown, I do expect we will get more of that story at some point as it did kinda leave things hanging there.

-ICB

...is it bad that every time Charlie opened his mouth I was rooting for the polar bear?

HobbsofMI 15959 desperate attention whore postings

10-19-06, 02:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: 10/18/06 episode"
When Charlie was behind Locke running from the polar bear I was hoping for it to take him out....or just after Charlie said they are really smart...the smartest of the bears.....would have loved to seen a paw come out and hit him in the head....

Save the Cheerleader Save the World
sig by Syren and bouncy by IceCat

maroonclowns mom 1102 desperate attention whore postings

10-20-06, 01:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail maroonclowns%20mom Click to send private message to maroonclowns%20mom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: 10/18/06 episode"
I like Charley. Someone has to.

EmmaHead 161 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-23-06, 09:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail EmmaHead Click to send private message to EmmaHead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: 10/18/06 episode"
"I suppose we can assume that the commune was after his fathers betrayal and loss of Helen, so we can then presume whatever causes him to loose the use of his legs will happen soon."

I've seen a couple of other comments along these lines elsewhere. I got the impression that the commune thing was BEFORE Helen and his father's betrayal. I just thought he was meant to look younger and more carefree in this flashback when he always seemed older and troubled in the Helen/father flashbacks. I just thought this was something he did earlier in his life to 'find himself' before he went on to other things. I'll have to watch it again and see if my initial impression changes.

batts 1725 desperate attention whore postings

10-19-06, 11:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail batts Click to send private message to batts Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "Searching for satellite signal in storm"
Since I got satellite TV.... whenever it storms really hard I lose my satellite signal. It just so happens that a storm came over Austin Texas at 8:12 PM (12 minutes after lost came on) and left the area at 8:52 PM .......

so my lost episode consisted of mostly
"searching for satellite signal, Please Stand By"

udg 3038 desperate attention whore postings

10-20-06, 00:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Searching for satellite signal in storm"
http://dynamic.abc.go.com/streaming/landing

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004

batts 1725 desperate attention whore postings

10-21-06, 07:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail batts Click to send private message to batts Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Searching for satellite signal in storm"
Wow thanks for that..... I just watched it TWICE!

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings

10-22-06, 09:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Searching for satellite signal in storm"
I just thought of something that I don't know if it's been discussed: With no more Electro-Magnetic anomaly as Desmond said, the island should be spotted from the outside world. How will they deal with that?

10-23-06, 07:43 PM (EST)
32. "RE: Searching for satellite signal in storm"
You know, i was thinking about all that the hatch blow-up would take-out: No more cool map on the back of one of the hatch doors to study, no more filmstrip, records, no more showers.

But mostly, no more magnetic stuff. No more magical healings. Unless there's more than just one source for it?

Sig by Cyg!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •