The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Finale Thread (spoiler)"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences For Love Or Money Forum (Protected)
Original message

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-09-04, 10:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Finale Thread (spoiler)"
LAST EDITED ON 08-09-04 AT 10:56 PM (EST)

So, the finale is almost over. Place comments here until the show airs on the west coast, please. Am I the only one watching this AWFUL show?

Ok, enough Filler.

Rachel has picked Caleb, and I hope he takes the money.

I'm LOL at the look on Rachel's face while Caleb explains the check. She is a horrible actress.

ETA What an idiot, he picked Rachel! Wow, he called her out on the fake acting, and faces she made!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Finale Thread (spoiler) true 08-09-04 1
   the editing sucked Oscirus 08-09-04 2
       RE: the editing sucked true 08-09-04 3
           RE: the editing sucked seahorse 08-09-04 4
               RE: the editing sucked teacherkelly 08-09-04 5
                   RE: the editing sucked schmoe 08-09-04 6
                       RE: the editing sucked TooWee 08-09-04 7
                           RE: the editing sucked nanrabbit 08-10-04 8
                           Big Taffy Pull RollDdice 08-10-04 9
                               RE: Big Taffy Pull seahorse 08-10-04 11
                               RE: Big Taffy Pull motormouth 08-11-04 21
               RE: the editing sucked mizbitt 08-10-04 16
           RE: the editing sucked Loree 08-10-04 14
       RE: the editing sucked SurvivorBlows 08-10-04 15
 RE: Finale Thread (spoiler) DebCapsFan 08-10-04 10
   RE: Finale Thread (spoiler) seahorse 08-10-04 12
 RE: Finale Thread (spoiler) mmm_link 08-10-04 13
   RE: Finale Thread (spoiler) shabalaba 08-10-04 17
       RE: Finale Thread (spoiler) seahorse 08-10-04 18
   RE: Finale Thread (spoiler) SurvivorBlows 08-10-04 19
       RE: Finale Thread (spoiler) seahorse 08-11-04 24
   RE: Finale Thread (spoiler) schmoe 08-10-04 20
       RE: Finale Thread (spoiler) mmm_link 08-11-04 22
 RE: Finale Thread (spoiler) buckeyegirl 08-11-04 23

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

08-09-04, 10:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Finale Thread (spoiler)"
Turns out Caleb only had a dollar, so he didn't lose much. (even though I'd rather have the buck)

Rachel gave up her million dollar check for a chance at love.

Blech.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Oscirus 1596 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

08-09-04, 11:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Oscirus Click to send private message to Oscirus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "the editing sucked"
It was so easy to figure out how much Caleb's check was worth.
Not to mention who she was going to pick. The only real mystery is whether or not they are going to make this train wreck ever again.

08-09-04, 11:12 PM (EST)
3. "RE: the editing sucked"
Of course the editing sucks, somehow I fall for it more than not. I missed a few of the episodes, so I wasn't really sure what was going on, but I watched the finale in hopes that Rachel would get dumped again. Oh well.

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

08-09-04, 11:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: the editing sucked"
I was surprised that either one of them chose love over money. By the time this airs tonight I would not be surprised if they are no longer together.

©Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

teacherkelly 179 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-09-04, 11:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail teacherkelly Click to send private message to teacherkelly Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: the editing sucked"
Caleb is HOT but deserves Rachel since he was stupid enough to pick her over any amount of $$.

She is annoying and I truly wanted someone to pick the money over her.

schmoe 69 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-09-04, 11:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail schmoe Click to send private message to schmoe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: the editing sucked"

We have to give Rachel some credit, she picked the guy over money. I think she has some genuine feelings for Caleb (obvoiusly or she would have picked the money). I also saw some sincerity in her goodbye hug to Mike.

Don't get me wrong, I think Rachel has issues, but you can do far worse than Rachel when looking the most evil reality show participant.

TooWee 15 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

08-09-04, 11:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TooWee Click to send private message to TooWee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: the editing sucked"
You are right, Rachel is hardly the devil incarnate, but she has to lose some karma points for affiliating herself with this show. 14 minutes and counting...

nanrabbit 77 desperate attention whore postings

08-10-04, 02:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nanrabbit Click to send private message to nanrabbit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: the editing sucked"
I was kind of surprised that she chose the guy. But I guess the show did a number on the editting by probably only showing us the interviews where Rachel talked about the money. Everyone was hoping she would get dumped and that is how they sucked us in to watching the last episode. I am thinking that they probably gave Rachel a million just to say that she will pick Caleb over the money so everyone can believe that there really is love out there in reality tv land. I thought Caleb was going to have a heart attack when she started out saying she really needed the money for her mother...isn't it sweet that she wanted her mother to get her wish of not having to work (sorry...had to go throw up since I just said she was sweet!). Maybe we were all wrong and Rachel is not the mean, self-centered, money hungry person she portrayed on the show...or do I say acted (hmmm....could she be an actress paid to play a part....no, not on reality tv)!!

RollDdice 5659 desperate attention whore postings

08-10-04, 02:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail RollDdice Click to send private message to RollDdice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "Big Taffy Pull"
Rachel would like to make a deal with the Devil, but he won't return her calls.

All she does is talk about "getting the million this time" and "it's a tough choice; love or a meeelion dollars" and then she crumples the check? There's a backroom deal with the Producers here.

Too much blah-blah on this show.

(The "Taffy Pull" is the motion a stage manager gives the talent to tell them to s-t-r-e-t-c-h out their performance in order to fill time.)

08-10-04, 08:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Big Taffy Pull"
It does seem fishy, Roll, all throughout you got the feeling that she needed the money and regretted missing out last time. Why would she pass it up.

motormouth 4507 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

08-11-04, 06:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail motormouth Click to send private message to motormouth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Big Taffy Pull"
Thank you RollDdice, you are exactly right. IMO. I was waiting for the whole "since you chose love" bit, but they must have wanted to keep it under wraps. She got her money.

*Courtesy of IceCat*

mizbitt 48 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

08-10-04, 01:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mizbitt Click to send private message to mizbitt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: the editing sucked"
This morninig on NBC Andrea was interviewed about FLOM and Rachael She was not very complimentory toward Rachael, "so what else is new". She said she did not see how Rachael could change from one show to the next. First show all about Money second one about romance. (actually I thought she was about money on both shows). The conversations on the men's side was all about money also. No one seemed to have nay kind of attraction to Rachael. Andrea said she heard that they were not together now.
I hadn't heard this, but Calib did not say anything about Rachael joining him when he viewed the show with family and friends. He had chatted in OKOR chat room just before the show.
I was hoping that Calib had the million check and took it and left Rachael standing alone and rejected again.LOL

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

08-10-04, 10:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: the editing sucked"
>Of course the editing sucks, somehow
>I fall for it more
>than not. I missed
>a few of the episodes,
>so I wasn't really sure
>what was going on, but
>I watched the finale in
>hopes that Rachel would get
>dumped again. Oh well.

I wonder if they will do this show again. Because if they do, they have to change their editing. It was so obvious that the showdown was set up between Mike and Caleb. David was the little guy that you almost forgot about. Although I did love when he announced that Rachel was a lousy kisser.

And Rachel made it obvious that she would only keep Mike because she thought he'd give up the money for her. But she was really hung up on Caleb. Otherwise she would have dumped him when he acted all cold towards her. But as it got closer to the end, she realized that Mike may not give up the money for her afterall. So since she didn't really love him, she decided to go for it with Caleb who she did like. This was all obvious for us. And why why why do they make her give those really long speeches filled with "buts & howevers". Even the switching to black & white is predictable now. We knew before it started that she was picking Caleb. So we sat through the long boring talks to get there. And it was also predictable about who would have which million at the end. I still think they attach the amount after the guys have chosen. I don't believe it just works out that way for their perfect ending.

And please don't make Mike the next star of the show. I never liked him. Rachel ruined this one for me. Her whiny voice just irritated me. Caleb was a sweetie, but he deserved more. I hope he has dumped her and she is kicking herself for not taking the million.

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

08-10-04, 11:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: the editing sucked"
>the editing sucked

The worst part of the editing had to be how during one of the "coming up after the commercial" teasers when they said "which two men will Rachel pick?" and showed shots of (what would become) the Final 2 sitting in suits in the same chair and then a completely unrelated shot of the third guy (who would be eliminated) in a completely different setting and outfit.

That was some sad editing... talk about giving away the decision

DebCapsFan 2747 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

08-10-04, 08:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DebCapsFan Click to send private message to DebCapsFan Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Finale Thread (spoiler)"
*yawn*
No Joe Millionare ending where they get the money anyway? Come on... NBC is cheap.
Oh, and my bet is Mike and Caleb's relationship lasts longer than Caleb and Rachel's.

08-10-04, 08:39 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Finale Thread (spoiler)"
LAST EDITED ON 08-10-04 AT 08:42 AM (EST)

I bet you're right on that one, Deb.

mmm_link 426 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

08-10-04, 09:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mmm_link Click to send private message to mmm_link Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Finale Thread (spoiler)"
The only ones that got screwed were the viewers. I never once picked up that Love was ever going to win out, something isn't right here. I really would like to know how much money they get after the show is all over because there isn't any way either one of them is worth giving up $1,000,000 (or $1).

Oh yes, Rachael's acting is terrible and the way she could not continually look Caleb in his eyes is a sure sign she got compensated for giving up $1,000,000. Probably some commercial contract or something.

shabalaba 369 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

08-10-04, 04:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shabalaba Click to send private message to shabalaba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Finale Thread (spoiler)"
Giving up $1 Million for someone you've known 3 weeks? And they'd only been on like 3 dates? Highly unlikely, unbelievable, and simply not plausible. I don't buy it not even one second. Alas, that's hollyweird, isn't it? All for the sake of "entertainment".

08-10-04, 04:53 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Finale Thread (spoiler)"
Nuff said.

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

08-10-04, 06:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Finale Thread (spoiler)"
Keep in mind it's not a real Survivor-like $1,000,000 -- FLOM pays its $1,000,000 prize over an enormous 40 year period so no one is exactly going to retire on it.

If they try and take a lump sum than after taxes they're lucky to clear $250,000 (which isn't chump change, but also isn't anything that you're going to quit your job and retire over)

08-11-04, 01:29 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Finale Thread (spoiler)"
I did not realize that. How misleading can you get. I mean they write them a check for the money and they can not even cash it. I can not believe how cheap NBC can be.

schmoe 69 desperate attention whore postings

08-10-04, 07:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail schmoe Click to send private message to schmoe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Finale Thread (spoiler)"
LAST EDITED ON 08-10-04 AT 07:14 PM (EST)

Several comments.

I think her attraction to Caleb was geniune. I think she's one of those girls whose attracted to guys who play hard to get. I don't think their relationship will last, I wouldn't be surprised if it hasn't ended already. Caleb probably learned more about Rachel watching her on tv than he did in person.

As another poster pointed out, the "million dollar" prize isn't as large as it initially sounds cause of the 40 year payout and taxes. Additionally, Rachel can monetize her celebrity. Does anybody doubt she'll appear in a Maxim or Playboy pictorial in the next 6 months? Would anybody be surprised if she appears on another reality tv series feature villian-esque contestents such as Trish and Omarosa? (Surreal Life, Celebrity Poker, Celebrity Boxing !) Would anybody be surprised if she started dating a b list celebrity in similar need of media attention?

mmm_link 426 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

08-11-04, 08:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mmm_link Click to send private message to mmm_link Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Finale Thread (spoiler)"
Even over 40 years, $1,000,000 is still money in the pocket better than a fruitless relationship.

buckeyegirl 5449 desperate attention whore postings

08-11-04, 12:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail buckeyegirl Click to send private message to buckeyegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Finale Thread (spoiler)"
::sigh:: How did I get drawn into watching this show? I was so disappointed over the ending. I normally root for love, but a whole summer of Rachel was just too much to ask of the viewers.

Handcrafted by RollDdice! The fellowship has begun...

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •