The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"I? Want this show back on Tuesday nights at 9."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

ginger 22511 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-03-06, 03:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"I? Want this show back on Tuesday nights at 9."
I guess I'm bashing a timeslot here. I keep missing half, or all, of the show on Sunday night, which also happens to be one of the few nights when there is decent television to watch (well, there's decent animated television to watch). And no, I don't have a fvcking tivo.

That is all.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: I? Want this show back on Tues... Seana 10-03-06 1
 RE: I? Want this show back on Tues... dragonflies 10-03-06 2
   RE: I? Want this show back on Tues... Padme 10-04-06 3
       RE: I? Want this show back on Tues... DeltaPin 10-09-06 22
 RE: I? Want this show back on Tues... tamarama 10-04-06 4
 Me too!! Breezy 10-04-06 5
 RE: I? Want this show back on Tues... Cyndimaus 10-04-06 6
 RE: I? Want this show back on Tues... brvnkrz 10-04-06 7
 RE: I? Want this show back on Tues... FishWoman 10-04-06 8
 RE: I? Want this show back on Tues... Max Headroom 10-06-06 9
 me friggin too cqvenus 10-06-06 10
 RE: I? Want this show back on Tues... HobbsofMI 10-06-06 11
   RE: I? Want this show back on Tues... finallytyping 10-07-06 15
 RE: I? Want this show back on Tues... foonermints 10-06-06 12
 RE: I? Want this show back on Tues... EmmaHead 10-06-06 13
 RE: I? Want this show back on Tues... Cyndimaus 10-07-06 14
 RE: I? Want this show back on Tues... mysticwolf 10-07-06 16
 RE: I? Want this show back on Tues... popeave 10-07-06 17
 RE: I? Want this show back on Tues... seahorse 10-08-06 18
 Agree because moonbaby 10-08-06 19
 Mondays? udg 10-09-06 20
   RE: Mondays? MaryKat 10-09-06 21
  60 Minutes Stopwatch CTgirl 10-10-06 23
   thank you cqvenus 10-11-06 24
 Nanee nanee nanee Molaholic 11-05-06 25
   RE: Nanee nanee nanee Snidget 11-05-06 26
 RE: I? Want this show back on Tues... ginger 11-13-06 27
   RE: I? Want this show back on Tues... Max Headroom 11-14-06 28

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Seana 5044 desperate attention whore postings

10-03-06, 03:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Seana Click to send private message to Seana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: I? Want this show back on Tuesday nights at 9."
Yes, this timeslot sucks. What have they got on Tuesdays at 9 now?

Lessee...The Unit. Never seen it. The Canadian channel that carries TAR has the last half of Dancing with the Stars and Corner Gas (a homegrown thing).

I have to tape it every week and watch it later. I'm putting my kids to bed from 8 until 9. 8:00 is too early.

I don't have TiVo either. Or that Bell thing that's exactly the same.

Spooky bouncie by IceCat

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

dragonflies 8051 desperate attention whore postings

10-03-06, 11:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dragonflies Click to send private message to dragonflies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: I? Want this show back on Tuesday nights at 9."
I agree. The time is ok, although an hour later would be fine as well. But Sundays are for football, not Reality TV.

Courtesy of Arkie

Padme 39 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-04-06, 09:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Padme Click to send private message to Padme Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: I? Want this show back on Tuesday nights at 9."
I agree. Sundays is a horrible time for this show. Football is always running over (does it ever end on time?) so now I just set my TV to record an extra hour so I can be sure to get the whole show. Yes, I have a Tivo, but with a regular VCR it would work as well, just set it to record until 10pm or later...

DeltaPin 55 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-09-06, 09:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DeltaPin Click to send private message to DeltaPin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: I? Want this show back on Tuesday nights at 9."
Football games usually take about 3 hours to play, so in their infinite wisdom, the networks have the late games start at 4:15 & only allot 2:45 for the games. Is it any suprise the games usually end at either 7:10 or 7:15? Of course the 1:00 games are scheduled for 3 hrs (1:00 to 4:00).

CBS has to have 60 Minutes at 7:00pm, so that's usually pushed back. While FOX has a postgame show, where they can adjust the time & get the night back on schedule by 8:00pm.

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

10-04-06, 09:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: I? Want this show back on Tuesday nights at 9."
I'm actually glad it moved to Sunday --

Yeah, the football run-overs are a pain, but Tuesdays were much more crowded -- since I have an old-fashioned VCR, it was tough to catch everything if I was out for the night.

TAR is the only thing I watch on Sundays, so even with the late start, I can tape the whole night if I'm out & know I didn't miss anything.

Breezy 18379 desperate attention whore postings

10-04-06, 10:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Me too!!"
Totally forgot it was on this past Sunday! Sunday is for football.

IceCat is da man! GO PACK GO!!!!

Cyndimaus 3117 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-04-06, 11:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cyndimaus Click to send private message to Cyndimaus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: I? Want this show back on Tuesday nights at 9."
I don't like it on Sunday nights. I always have to tape it so that means I have to stay up to watch it if I want to discuss it the next day here. I hate not being able to watch it as it airs! Back to Tuesday nights, please!!

siggie by ARnutz
bounced by Icey
Maus Musings

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings

10-04-06, 03:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: I? Want this show back on Tuesday nights at 9."
I agree. The only reason I haven't missed it is because the football game airs on the same channel as TAR and I see the commercials. I still keep thinking it is on Tuesday nights.

FishWoman 1510 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

10-04-06, 04:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FishWoman Click to send private message to FishWoman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: I? Want this show back on Tuesday nights at 9."
Noooo! Sunday's are good, now that Deadwood is over! (Although stupid football running long is already tiresome.) In fact, TAR being shown on Sunday equals FishWoman getting to watch it for the first time ever.

Anyhow, Tuesday has House (Fox at 8); Law & Order: CI (NBC at 9); and Law & Order: SVU (NBC at 10).

~vintage tribephyl~

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

10-06-06, 10:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: I? Want this show back on Tuesday nights at 9."
LAST EDITED ON 10-06-06 AT 10:57 AM (EST)

Hear, hear! While I do have a TiVo, it's set to record "Desperate Housewives" for DW at 9:00, leaving exactly one hour for TAR. Each time the late football game runs over, I am officially screwed as "60 Minutes" will never. ever. be delayed or cut short. (Would YOU want to read the 75,819 handwritten letters from 70-year-olds who were upset that CBS finagled their favorite show? I didn't think so.)

With this time slot, I hope CBS uses Emmy count instead of Nielsen ratings to decide whether to keep TAR or not!

edited to fix tpyo

cqvenus 9764 desperate attention whore postings

10-06-06, 11:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cqvenus Click to send private message to cqvenus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "me friggin too"

granted, sunday night is a little better than the wednesday thing. or the 10 pm thing! i can't stay up that late.

and i'm not having a tivo or other DVR, either.

i never know when it's gonna start b/c of football.

put it back on tuesdays!

~ cqc

HobbsofMI 15959 desperate attention whore postings

10-06-06, 12:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: I? Want this show back on Tuesday nights at 9."
I've tried to Tvio it and it sucks here.....move it back to Tuesday....

sig by Syren and bouncy by IceCat

finallytyping 400 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

10-07-06, 12:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail finallytyping Click to send private message to finallytyping Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: I? Want this show back on Tuesday nights at 9."
I lvoe my Tvio!

I prefer Tuesday nights just because I'm so used to
hating Sunday nights because the weekend is over. My
internal timing is all messed up. This might make me
associate TAR with having to face up to work instead of
escape it. Doesn't bode well for TAR.

foonermints 12302 desperate attention whore postings

10-06-06, 10:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail foonermints Click to send private message to foonermints Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: I? Want this show back on Tuesday nights at 9."
After boycotting the "Family Edition," I really wanted to try to get back into TAR. Sunday is terrible! I have other things to do, and I even forget to tape it. Move it back to Tuesdays!

How can I moon it if I can't watch it? Aaargh!

EmmaHead 161 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-06-06, 10:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail EmmaHead Click to send private message to EmmaHead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: I? Want this show back on Tuesday nights at 9."
I don't mind the Sunday night thing but the constant delays are annoying. And I'm even a football fan! I just think they should have some sort of half-hour filler show after football so that TAR can start on time. Having 60-minutes on right before TAR DRIVES ME NUTS!! I mean, does anyone even watch that show anymore!?!?!
Also, I read that TAR has been given another season so I guess they aren't too worried about the time slot!

Cyndimaus 3117 desperate attention whore postings

10-07-06, 12:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cyndimaus Click to send private message to Cyndimaus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: I? Want this show back on Tuesday nights at 9."
With all the football delay comments I realize that being on the West Coast has it's advantages. Haven't had a single problem due to that, thank goodness. I truly sympathize with all of you who have to deal with it.

I still want it on Tuesdays.

siggie by ARnutz
bounced by Icey
Maus Musings

mysticwolf 10692 desperate attention whore postings

10-07-06, 06:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mysticwolf Click to send private message to mysticwolf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: I? Want this show back on Tuesday nights at 9."
LAST EDITED ON 10-07-06 AT 07:10 PM (EST)

100% in agreement here, Ginger. The current time slot is almost a guarantee that they'll say the ratings have fallen far enough they're gonna cancel.

And, TiVo doesn't help. The game always finishes late. Sixty minutes always goes the full hour. (Which I don't mind. I like 60 Minutes.) And you can never tell when TAR is actually going to start - or end. In order to get it all I have to set my DVR to record both TAR & Cold Case. And, when I look at my list of what's been recorded, I'm always having to remind myself that Cold Case is really the end of TAR.

I darn near screwed myself doing the summary because, before I finished writing it, I was going through the list and marked the Cold Case that ended my TAR episode to be deleted. Just before I confirmed the delete I remembered why I'd recorded it in the first place and cancelled.

This SVCKS!!!

Puppylvoe for, and by, Tribe blogging's scary

Edit to point out that I'm not 70 yrs. old, either. And, neither is DH. We still like 60 Minutes most of the time.

popeave 433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

10-07-06, 08:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail popeave Click to send private message to popeave Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: I? Want this show back on Tuesday nights at 9."
LAST EDITED ON 10-08-06 AT 12:50 PM (EST)

I think Sunday's a good day, and the time is much better than when it was late. I like watching with the kids, and it was too late when it was 9 pm central time. But the football delay is annoying. Last week in our market there was no late football game, so I thought 60 Minutes would start right at 6 pm. But at 6 pm, they started announcing that they'd show the last bit of some football game, and start 60 Minutes late, even though they were just joining the game in progress. Don't understand why they delayed 60 Minutes when there had not been a game on before that, but it was fun watching the lsat half hour of the game (I think it was Redskins/Jags). I guess I just have to get used to watching ahead to figure out when it will start.

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

10-08-06, 01:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: I? Want this show back on Tuesday nights at 9."
Since I have TIVO, I don't mind Sunday nights, but if I was not watching last week when football ran long and it threw the TIVO time off, I would have been extremely irritated.

Slice & Dice Sigpic Chop Shop 2005

moonbaby 17013 desperate attention whore postings

10-08-06, 06:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "Agree because"
LAST EDITED ON 10-08-06 AT 06:57 PM (EST)

football keeps messing it up and I end up watching 60 Minutes. That ticking makes me twitch. Ten was too late but Tuesdays at nine sounds perfect. My week is all discombobulated!

Oh yeah, and it cuts into DH. That really sucks!

Help us out, CBS! We don't want to see this show die a slow death because of a bad time/day shuffle!

udg 3038 desperate attention whore postings

10-09-06, 02:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "Mondays?"
There's *nothing* on on Mondays at 7 pm. I don't think TAR can compete with House or American Idol, but Monday, I think it would be awesome.

I really wouldn't mind the Sunday time slot if not for the football thing. But never knowing if it's going to start at 7 pm or 7:15 or 7:30 or 7:45... I missed the 2nd half of last week's episode, all because of football.

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004
I hate football anyway. This doesn't help.

MaryKat 221 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-09-06, 07:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MaryKat Click to send private message to MaryKat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Mondays?"
I missed the entire show because of football.

CTgirl 7073 desperate attention whore postings

10-10-06, 02:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. " 60 Minutes Stopwatch"
As I was complaining on Sunday afternoon about football running over, my husband pointed out that you can see how much time is left before TAR starts by looking at the 60 minutes clock. They show it before and after every commercial so you don't have to watch much of the show. This week I saw that my CBS station was only a few minutes behind schedule and could tape the show accordingly. This obviously doesn't work if you're out!

cqvenus 9764 desperate attention whore postings

10-11-06, 02:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cqvenus Click to send private message to cqvenus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "thank you"

i had never noticed this before.

this might help me.

~ cqc

Molaholic 8451 desperate attention whore postings

11-05-06, 06:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "Nanee nanee nanee"
LAST EDITED ON 11-05-06 AT 06:31 PM (EST)

Football running long?
Not for me
TAR/Deadwood time conflicts?
Not for me

Thank the Maker I'm in the Pacific time zone. Games are over by 4:30 at the latest. I can watch Deadwood (or whatever HBO is running) on satelitte's eastcoast feed at 6. Plenty of time to watch TAR ...

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

11-05-06, 09:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Nanee nanee nanee"
Keep that up and I'll send Vernon Robinson to run in your congressional district next term.

Ye Gods can't anyone break into his accounts and send his whole ad budget somewhere useful.

Actually it is funny to see his Miller was ranked ineffective as a congress-critter ad right next to Miller's the only thing out of many campaigns he ever managed to win he never actually did the job ads.

ginger 22511 desperate attention whore postings

11-13-06, 05:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: I? Want this show back on Tuesday nights at 9."
Once again, I COMPLETELY forgot to watch last night.

Stoopid stoopid Sunday slot.

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

11-14-06, 01:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: I? Want this show back on Tuesday nights at 9."
LAST EDITED ON 11-14-06 AT 01:08 PM (EST)

Too bad, this was a rare occasion when TAR started on time!

I've grown accustomed to having half of 60 Minutes (the uncuttable, unmovable show) on my TiVo because the late football game ran over its time slot.

edited to fix siggie

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •