The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Why doesn't Paula sing anymore"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol Individual Contestant and Judge Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

mesha 14 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-13-06, 00:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mesha Click to send private message to mesha Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Why doesn't Paula sing anymore"
What happened with Paula's singing career? I forget what songs she used to sing , its been so long.
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Why doesn't Paula sing anymore Snidget 03-13-06 1
   RE: Why doesn't Paula sing anymore prosecutor 03-13-06 2
 Because she NEVER could CattyChat 03-14-06 3
   RE: Because she NEVER could forlorn73 03-15-06 4
 RE: Why doesn't Paula sing anymore-... FOXmePUHLEEZ 03-16-06 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-13-06, 05:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Why doesn't Paula sing anymore"
Well first it is unusual for people to actually keep singing for several decades although a few people do manage to do it

Second check out this http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1500556/20050421/story.jhtml about the pain she has been in. That was a big part of why she dropped out of making music when she did.

Imaginary friends by Bob!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

prosecutor 449 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-13-06, 10:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail prosecutor Click to send private message to prosecutor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Why doesn't Paula sing anymore"
so Ms.abdul reads the message boards huh?
Paula I think people were also referring to the
fact that when the contestants got up to sing, you
turn to Simon and start talking. That's the disrespect
that we see on camera.

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-14-06, 11:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Because she NEVER could"
The thing with Paula was that she was more the entertainer than singer. She could dance & choreograph and with synthesized vocals & background singers she had a few hits back in the day. People like her don't have any real longevity in the music industry, because people realize that it's all smoke & mirrors.

Not to knock her or anything, I had one of her CDs back in the 80s, but she just isn't someone who I would classify as a true singer. Just good dance/party music when you're young.

Kind Creation of ARNutz

forlorn73 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-15-06, 00:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail forlorn73 Click to send private message to forlorn73 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Because she NEVER could"
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3080040

FOXmePUHLEEZ 172 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-16-06, 04:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FOXmePUHLEEZ Click to send private message to FOXmePUHLEEZ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Why doesn't Paula sing anymore-VERY LONGGGGG"
LAST EDITED ON 03-16-06 AT 04:52 PM (EST)

It seems her ACUTE pain is not only physical, but also emotional. I knew back in the day when the Wayans made fun of her and Arsenio Hall got mad at them because she is his friend and the Wayans made her cry that her longevity would be cut short in the business.

And I wish her shell were tougher. She is a beauty and a talent. Her voice has great clarity and she could still help our world with her voice, or by instructing our youth with her own dance company. Or just by being Paula -- as she does on IDOL.

When great talents (and I think she is one. she is a cute, great American package) get their feelings hurt and take their toys and go home, we all suffer, IMO.

When Ellen Degeneres came out and then had to go back in because she ended up in a series of bad feelings and was hurt ... she left us without her radiant smile, her comedy, her gift. When she came back, with that self-confidence and that smile and humor again, I said .... "WHEW. We almost LOST that one, Lord."

I will always be thankful to Oprah. When the Wayans made fun of Paula in a dance routine, they made fun of Oprah in sketch where she ate and cried about people's problems and ate and ate until she blew up.

Oprah kept going and later had the Wayans on her show. And she kept on giving her gift to the world in the interim. I am grateful for that.

Paula should not let critics and what some people think of her take her away from that part of the public that needs her gift.

I have stepped off my soap box and I apologize for this dissertation.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •