The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Simon's Strategies"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol Individual Contestant and Judge Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

kahanasunset 466 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-02-05, 11:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kahanasunset Click to send private message to kahanasunset Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Simon's Strategies"
LAST EDITED ON 05-04-05 AT 02:31 PM (EST)

Simon knows that his negative comments spark huge knee-jerk votes from the belly of America. So he disses Scott, knowing that the result will be a non-deserving bootee. The theory: Simon wanted the bootee to be Constantine (he's let it be known that he likes Bo a lot, probably better than C.). Simon did this so the final showdown would not be a "battle of the rockers" but a battle between Carrie and Bo - with Carrie hopefully the winner.

Agree? Disagree? Other strategy thoughts/opinions? (Including from other seasons.)

BTW, Constantine knocked my socks off singing My Funny Valentine on Ellen after he got booted. (I didn't see his original performance of MFV.)

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Not so sure about that. Harrison 05-03-05 1
   RE: Not so sure about that. kahanasunset 05-03-05 2
       RE: Not so sure about that. DonnaLynn 05-04-05 3
           RE: Not so sure about that. kahanasunset 05-04-05 4
               Wrong Simon Bebo 05-04-05 5
                   RE: Wrong Simon kahanasunset 05-04-05 6
                       RE: Wrong Simon theking0075 05-04-05 7
                           RE: Wrong Simon ohboy 05-05-05 8
                           RE: Wrong Simon DontGetMeStarted 05-18-05 16
                   RE: Wrong Simon scottyg124 05-16-05 12
                       RE: Wrong Simon DontGetMeStarted 05-18-05 17
 RE: Simon's Strategies Junene 05-16-05 9
   RE: Simon's Strategies Ellehcar71 05-16-05 10
       RE: Simon's Strategies kahanasunset 05-16-05 11
           RE: Simon's Strategies Ellehcar71 05-18-05 15
   RE: Simon's Strategies geekboy 05-16-05 13
       RE: Simon's Strategies kahanasunset 05-16-05 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Harrison 173 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-03-05, 02:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Harrison Click to send private message to Harrison Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Not so sure about that."
Simon loves Carrie (that's obvious) and he has to know that his comments spark huge knee-jerk votes from the belly of America, so he disses Scott, knowing that the result will be a non-deserving bootee.

So, essentially, your theory boils down to this.
Simon has been providing an honest (in this case, negative)review of Scott- not because he wants to be honest, but because he wants Scott to stay?

I guess I just don't follow the logic.
I suspect that, of the three judges, Simon provides the most blunt and honest assessment as a means of preserving his integrity rather than in the hopes of effecting a certain result.
Put another way; of the three which do you take more seriously?

I'm not sure that Simon is working to construct a battle between two specific singers here beyond the fact that he would like to see those who he perceives to be the best up there.

He is up there to provide his opinion, after all.

Machiavellian theories aside, I can't hold the fact that Simon doesn't appreciate Scott's talent against him.

Can you?

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

05-03-05, 02:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kahanasunset Click to send private message to kahanasunset Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Not so sure about that."
...but because he wants Scott to stay? I guess I just don't follow the logic.

You're not following me here. Simon doesn't care about Scott staying - far from it. He wanted Constantine out because Constantine was more of a threat to Carrie and Bo than Scott is.

DonnaLynn 582 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-04-05, 01:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DonnaLynn Click to send private message to DonnaLynn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Not so sure about that."
I honestly think that Simon is HONEST. Heck, he does NOT LIKE Scott, but last night he was able to admit that Scott did a great job doing "On Broadway". I also do not like Scott at all, but he did do a kick a** performance... I don't think there's any ulteriour motive for Simon here. I think he's plain and simple honest.

--Donna :~)

05-04-05, 01:57 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Not so sure about that."
Simon likes to jerk votes around via his comments. After all, it's *his* show and he wants to maintain control.

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-04-05, 02:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Wrong Simon"
Simon Cowell is a judge, but the show belongs to Simon Fuller.

"If there was ever a time you wanted permission to run over a clown . . . ."

05-04-05, 02:18 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Wrong Simon"
LAST EDITED ON 05-16-05 AT 09:20 AM (EST)

Hmmmm..... I thought Simon Cowell had a hand in creating Pop Idol in Britain before the American version.... but it IS Fuller. Thanks.

Still - it's obvious that Simon does consider it his show in a way. And it's obvious that he wants Carrie to win. (Just watch his face and body language closely during and after both contestants.) But he knows Bo is more deserving.

theking0075 331 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-04-05, 04:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail theking0075 Click to send private message to theking0075 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Wrong Simon"
Simon Cowell created Cupid. A show about a really annoying woman, with two really annoying friends, and everybody kept voting for her to end up with the guy she liked the least beacuse we all hated her, but in the end, they fixed the vote so that the guy she liked the best ended up winning, even though America was trying to pull a huge prank on Simon with the other guy winning, but America ultimately got the last laugh as the woman beating winner ended up not purposing at the end and the nice guy everyone was voting for is the only person from the show anyone remembers now.

Man, I was addicted to that show!

"Evil" Dr. Will: Reality Show Legend!

ohboy 168 desperate attention whore postings

05-05-05, 08:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ohboy Click to send private message to ohboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Wrong Simon"
I think Simon is catching on when he says negative things about the contestants they get sympathy votes. So I think that is why he is being nice to Scott and Anthony

DontGetMeStarted 880 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

05-18-05, 08:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DontGetMeStarted Click to send private message to DontGetMeStarted Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Wrong Simon"
huh???
I watched the show
and I still don't get it.....

scottyg124 26 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-16-05, 03:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail scottyg124 Click to send private message to scottyg124 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Wrong Simon"
Simon C. Is also a producer right?

DontGetMeStarted 880 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

05-18-05, 08:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DontGetMeStarted Click to send private message to DontGetMeStarted Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Wrong Simon"
no
he is just a judge.
he formed a couple of boy/girl groups in the UK but I think... he passed on the Spice Girls and the other Simon (his pal) ok'ed them... I could be wrong but this is what I am remembering ... ??

Junene 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-16-05, 03:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Junene Click to send private message to Junene Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Simon's Strategies"
Simon wanted Constantine off the show because he did not vote for him at the auditions, and it would make him look like a fool if Constantine were to win. Yes, I'm one of those constant Constantine supporters and it broke my heart when they announced that he was leaving the show. Conspiracy theories and all, was there anyone who was not shocked when he was "voted off"? Every one in the theater and on the stage was in shock--except maybe Simon. If you are interested about Simon's comments, listen to the comments after Constantine's audition of "Crying". You'll see why he could not have Constantine win.

Ellehcar71 163 desperate attention whore postings

05-16-05, 12:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ellehcar71 Click to send private message to Ellehcar71 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Simon's Strategies"
I don't recall Simon's early reactions to Constantine, but when they were making the choices for the final 24, it was Bo that Simaon didn't want. At that point, he was all for Constantine, and was rather grumpy about having to let Bo through.

At least this is how I remember it. I can't imagine there being any reason to cry "conspiracy" against Simon on this one.

05-16-05, 01:00 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Simon's Strategies"
Hi Ellehcar. Well, I wasn't using the word "conspiracy". I was saying it was Simon's strategy. It's not difficult to see Simon's feeling about Carrie. But the bottom line is, he's a professional and his main interest is unit sales. Carrie would create unit sales. So will Bo, but Carrie will likely create more. Just sayin.

I like Bo better than Carrie, btw.

Ellehcar71 163 desperate attention whore postings

05-18-05, 02:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ellehcar71 Click to send private message to Ellehcar71 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Simon's Strategies"
Kahana - dang, I always forget to "reply with quote," so it is clear who I'm responding to. I was actually referring to the post directly above mine (Junene2, or something) about being a conspiracy theorist regarding Constantine's departure. She had posted a similar comment in another thread, and I just don't agree. Sorry 'bout that - I actually agree with you that Simon has made strategic comments along the way.

geekboy 1778 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-16-05, 03:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Simon's Strategies"
I, for one, was not shocked the week Constantine was voted off and i'll try to explain it here clearly.

Constantine was on one HUGE roll for 3-4 weeks if I recall...

"I think i love ou", "Funny Valentine", "Can't make you love me" and "Bohemian Rhapsody"

He was on a roll because he was making orignal, yet excellent, song choices and he was molding himself into something unique - a rock and roll singer reinterpreting songs that one wouldn't expect to come from a rock singer (barring Bohemain Rhapsody).

Then, on his boot week, he got up and did a 180 to his fans and picked a straight-ahead rock song "How You Remind Me' and he did a horrible job at singing it.

So you have all these Constantine fans he'd collected over the past month scratching their heads saying 'What the *&$% was that?'

He was the weakest that week, he alienated his fan base, and i wasn't shocked at all that he was voted out.

Simon had nothing to do with it. There was no conspiracy. It was very predictable. Voters vote week by week, not collectively (unless you are a carrie fan, but leave that for another topic)

geekboy

05-16-05, 04:40 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Simon's Strategies"
LAST EDITED ON 05-16-05 AT 04:43 PM (EST)

Good points, geekboy. You're probably right about Constantine, but I still think the theory holds water. It's been discussed before - don't make me look it up. I'm not in the mood for yet another debate like I got into on the Apprentice board.

ETA: And neither is anyone else.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •