The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"S44-W04-E04 Title and Clues"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Sheldor 3914 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

03-17-23, 03:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sheldor Click to send private message to Sheldor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"S44-W04-E04 Title and Clues"
LAST EDITED ON 03-17-23 AT 03:40 PM (EST)

“I’m Felicia”

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 S44-W04-E04 Press Release Sheldor 03-17-23 1
   Shake Up The Game! Sheldor 03-17-23 2
       RE: Shake Up The Game! Flowerpower1 03-18-23 3
           RE: Shake Up The Game! Sheldor 03-20-23 4
 JP Podcast "Choosing the Castaways" Sheldor 03-20-23 5
   Why they let players Puzzle Copy Sheldor 03-20-23 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

03-17-23, 03:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sheldor Click to send private message to Sheldor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "S44-W04-E04 Press Release"
LAST EDITED ON 03-17-23 AT 04:23 PM (EST)

Storyline

03/17/2023

ONE CASTAWAY FROM EACH TRIBE IS CHOSEN TO GO ON A JOURNEY AND RECEIVE SURPRISING NEWS THAT WILL SHAKE UP THE GAME, ON “SURVIVOR,” WEDNESDAY, MARCH 22

Press Image Above of the Immunity Challenge was CHANGED to this image of Jeff at the Reward Challenge!!!!

“I’m Felicia”One person from each tribe is chosen to go on a journey and receive surprising news that will shake up the game. Also, tribes must slingshot themselves toward victory in the reward challenge to earn an essential camp item, on SURVIVOR, Wednesday, March 22, (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network, and available to stream live and on demand on Paramount+*.

http://www.paramountpressexpress.com/cbs-entertainment/shows/survivor/releases/?view=101977-one-castaway-from-each-tribe-is-chosen-to-go-on-a-journey-and-receive-surprising-news-that-will-shake-up-the-game-on-survivor-wednesday-march-22

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

03-17-23, 04:03 PM (EST)
2. "Shake Up The Game!"
One person from each tribe is chosen to go on a journey and receive surprising news that will shake up the game.

OMG! Tribe Swap of Person who went on the Journey!

• Josh(Soka) is now on Tika!
  • Jaime(Ratu) is now on Soka!
  • Carson(Tika) is now on Ratu!

• Tika stayed 2 Men & 2 Women (though got a way more physical man in Josh!)
  • Soka! went from 3 Men and 2 Women to 2 Men and 2 Women! (Losing Josh gaining Jaime!)
  • Ratu! went from 3 Men and 2 Women to FOUR Men and 1 Woman (STACKED Tribe for Challenges though Matthew's arm is still in a sling and he probably sits out.)

•   Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Flowerpower1 4011 desperate attention whore postings
    DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

03-18-23, 08:29 AM (EST)
    Click to EMail Flowerpower1 Click to send private message to Flowerpower1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
    3. "RE: Shake Up The Game!"
    LAST EDITED ON 03-18-23 AT 08:33 AM (EST)

Great find, Sheldor! That solves a lot of puzzles for this week. With the NTOS promo, here were my thoughts:

Jiffy at the challenge noting firmly, "This could change the game", makes me think he tells them all about the twist at the challenge arena. Its too dramatic for tarps? While Jaime pulling out of the bag does look like it is in a remote location, ship wheel island?
    Definitely think someone is coming to camp Soka.
    Dr Josh seen while v/o female states, I don't think he sees it coming leads me to believe that Dr Josh could be squarely in the cross hairs?

Now, with the new shots with an RC and an IC, I'd say that there is a high probability that one of the three is toast. Poor Jaime with her fake idol, Carson - yet I feel his edit has serious legs, and finally Dr. Josh, who has squat in the editing department. This past week we heard that he was shady from the green team.

Ratu is now seriously stacked with 4 guys and one Lauren and Carson brings a lot of brain....joins Matthew, and they've both seriously practiced old challenges. Don't think they will lose here.

My money is on either Tika or Soka to lose, but would pick Tika to lose at this point.

ETA: RC is a sling shot challenge. Ratu most likely to win?

03-20-23, 02:35 PM (EST)
    4. "RE: Shake Up The Game!"
    I think Jaime, Carson, and Josh in addition to being swapped to another tribe will probably receive some Advantage on their Journey that helps them survive Tribal Council; otherwise all 3 would almost for sure be eliminated.

I would think Immunity for their Next Tribal Council would be too powerful (but that would be sort of similar to what they have done in the past with Double Tribal Councils and allowing a Tribe to grant Immunity to someone on the other Tribe).

Could be some knew Powerful Advantage. For Example:
    Reduce Shot-In-The-Dark odds from 1/6 to 1/3 or less?

Or maybe they give all of them the Knowledge Is Power Advantage!

There is One Immunity Idol on every tribe
    (Carolyn(Tika), Danny(Soka), Matthew(Ratu))

and one FAKE Immunity Idol on two Tribes
    (Jaime(Ratu->Soka), Matt(Soka))

Jaime would for sure play her Fake Immunity Idol if Soka goes to Tribal Council!

Carson and Josh have NOTHING right now but I'm sure all 3 are getting something powerful.

03-20-23, 06:49 PM (EST)
    5. "JP Podcast "Choosing the Castaways""

42 minutes | Mar 15, 2023
    Choosing the Castaways

Over 600 people have played Survivor and all of them were handpicked through our casting process. This week we’re taking a deep dive into what we’re looking for when we cast a season and how we evaluate the applicants. Jeff shares his first impressions of a few competitors on Survivor 44 and what stood out about them during casting. Plus, you’ll hear the story of how Jeff was selected to host Survivor. Watch all new episodes of Survivor, Wednesdays on CBS and streaming and on demand on Paramount+ and then catch all-new episodes of “On Fire with Jeff Probst” right after the show.

http://www.stitcher.com/show/on-fire-with-jeff-probst--the-official-survivor-podcast/episode/choosing-the-castaways-300636432

03-20-23, 06:51 PM (EST)
    6. "Why they let players Puzzle Copy"
    Jeff Probst explains why they let players cheat on Survivor challenges
    Puzzle-copying runs rampant on Survivor. The host answers why they allow it.
    By Dalton Ross
    March 15, 2023 at 10:00 PM EDT
    http://ew.com/tv/survivor-jeff-probst-players-cheat-on-challenges/

The latest episode of Survivor 44 featured something we've seen many, many times before: one tribe finishing a puzzle and then the two other teams still fighting for immunity blatantly looking over at the finished puzzle and copying the answer.

It's an event that often has viewers screaming "Hey, no fair!" at their television screens… even though in this particular instance it actually was kind of fair since both teams were able to copy to their heart's content in equal measure. But why are these certified copycats allowed to just steal someone else's answer instead of figuring it themselves? How come there aren't partitions or sight-line obstacles to keep the contestants honest?

It's a question Jeff Probst has been asked many times before — including by EW back in 2013. And he was asked it again on the latest episode of his On Fire With Jeff Probst podcast. During the episode, podcast producer Jay Wolff inquires of the host: "During this immunity challenge, there was a little bit of cheating, and a lot of people have asked: Why don't you put up puzzle dividers between the tribes?"

"Well, we do," responds the host. "We sometimes put up blinders. Sometimes we'll give you a cloth to cover your answer from the other tribe. And sometimes we don't. Lots of time it's logistical — it's just too big and you can't pull it off. But sometimes it's also creative, and as you saw last season early on, two tribes ganged up on one tribe and they were helping them — literally yelling 'Put that piece here, put that piece there.'"

Of course, another creative reason for not putting blinders up and allowing puzzle copying would seem to be that allowing copying vastly increases the chances of a dramatic comeback if a tribe or player just getting to a puzzle can look over and mimic the pieces that someone else has already spent time putting into place. At least, if I were a producer making a television show, that would be my reason for allowing it. However, Probst says there is a bigger picture reason for not enforcing a no-cheating rule when it comes to the puzzle, and it comes down to the overriding ideology of the game.

"The big guiding philosophy is we try to have as few rules as possible on Survivor," Probst explains on the podcast. "We try to let them create their own society. And I know that sounds heady, but that is how we look at it. So, in this world, if you're going to cheat, you might get away with it, there might be payback, somebody might notice and want to align with you because you cheated. It's your world, what do you want to do with it."

Unfortunately, for the Soka tribe, they are now down a member because their copying skills were simply not as good as Tika's. Speaking of challenges, Probst dropped a juicy tidbit on the podcast when he mentioned that he and other producers may look into modifying the rule that says a player cannot sit out back-to-back challenges in a one episode cycle that features both a reward and an immunity challenge — because two challenge episodes are so rare in the new era of Survivor.

"In the old days of Survivor, we used to have two challenges in most episodes," Probst explains. "That was designed to make the tribe figure out: Where do you want your weak player? Is the reward where you might get food, or immunity where you get protection? In this newer era, we sometimes only have one challenge, so that rule doesn't have the same bite, and therefore Claire was able to sit out of several challenges."

What does that mean moving forward? "I do think it's something that we do need to put on our whiteboard, and we need to examine if maybe we just change that," says Probst. "Because it does need to be updated."

Does that mean getting rid of the rule entirely or enforcing it in a new way so that players can no longer sit out back-to-back immunity challenges? We would assume the latter, but then again, if we've learned anything over 44 seasons, it is that no one should ever assume anything when it comes to Survivor.

To hear the host drop much more Survivor insight and intel (including on the entire casting process), check out On Fire With Jeff Probst.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
    about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •