The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
Click here to Search the Forum
Search
Click here to goback to the previous page
Go back
Click here to goto the Lobby
Lobby
Compose your message

Original Message
"Meatloaf Muffins"
Posted by sica077 on 05-17-09 at 03:03 PM
This is a big favorite (and I really hated meatloaf growing up). Thanks Rachel Ray!

What you need:
1 1/2 - 1 3/4 lb. ground sirloin
1 med. onion, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
2 ribs celery, chopped
1 large egg + splash of milk, beaten
1 c. bread crumbs
2 T. grill seasoning
1 c. BBQ sauce
1/2 c. salsa
1 T. Worchestershire sauce
Extra Virgin Olive Oil

What to do:
1. Preheat oven to 450 deg. F and grease muffin tin with oil.
2. In a large bowl, mix beef, vegetables, egg mixture and grill seasoning.
3. In separate bowl mix BBQ sauce, salsa and Worchestershire sauce.
4. Add half of BBQ mixture to meat and gently mix to blend. Scoop this mixture into the muffin tin (it should make enough to fill 12 spots but it depends on how much meat you get).
5. Brush remaining sauce mixture over meat muffins and bake for 20 - 25 minutes.

DH and I have evolved the recipe to meet our tastes (more onion, no celery, no grill seasoning) and it is always delicious. However, even if you like your meatloaf recipe, just putting it into the muffin tins instead of loaf-style cuts down on cook time, makes for easy serving sizes, and every serving has a nice crust (my favorite part). It's definitely worth a try even if meatloaf isn't a favorite (DH decided it was too good to be called "meatloaf" so he dubbed them "Meat Marvels"). For easy clean-up, I have started using that new release foil by cutting into squares and pressing into the cups (the BBQ sauce can get kind of messy and I hate scrubbing dishes ).

• HTML Tags Enabled - use [] instead of <>. Need help? Check HTML Reference
  • Image Links Enabled - just type the URL (e.g., http://www.dcscripts.com/image.gif)
  • Emotion Icons Emotion icon short cuts
  • Your Message
    Name*:
    Subject*:
    Message*:

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
    about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •