The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"9/18 Songwriting Clinc"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Rock Star (Protected)
Original message

LaLaLisa 296 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-18-05, 08:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LaLaLisa Click to send private message to LaLaLisa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"9/18 Songwriting Clinc"
LAST EDITED ON 09-18-05 AT 08:20 PM (EST)

Could've written what happened before the show - they were all just so "them."

Marty - Very prepared, came in with strong ideas of what he thought the songs should be. Lots of talent. Andrew praised working with him.

MiG - Also prepared. On the light side, Andrew had some "let's make it darker" suggestions. Andrew also praised working with him (but I got between the lines that he thought Marty was more talented.)

JD - Had ideas, but not fleshed out. Andrew had expected more, but JD works/thinks very quickly and they produced. Andrew thinks JD has the passion and the talents but could use some of Marty's discipline.

During the song selection - they got to choose their own song out of any that have been performed the whole time. Was Marty being a little evil, encouraging MiG to sing BoRhap when he thought it was a bad idea for MiG? At first, he was neutral ("it's your choice" but then he was encouraging him "I'd love to hear you do it." I'm sure he would!

I only hope JD's performance of "You Can't Always Get What you Want" Tuesday is as good as it was as the show was closing. The most feeling/passion I've heard from him.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: 9/18 Songwriting Clinc shygirl 09-18-05 1
   RE: 9/18 Songwriting Clinc freefromwhatyouare 09-19-05 2
 RE: 9/18 Songwriting Clinc CattyChat 09-19-05 3
   RE: 9/18 Songwriting Clinc jpl68 09-19-05 4
       RE: 9/18 Songwriting Clinc LaLaLisa 09-19-05 5
       RE: 9/18 Songwriting Clinc triednottowatch 09-19-05 6
   RE: 9/18 Songwriting Clinc LaLaLisa 09-19-05 7
       RE: 9/18 Songwriting Clinc weltek 09-19-05 10
   RE: 9/18 Songwriting Clinc lilbuns 09-19-05 15
   RE: 9/18 Songwriting Clinc Loree 09-19-05 18
 RE: 9/18 Songwriting Clinc triednottowatch 09-19-05 8
   RE: 9/18 Songwriting Clinc lilbuns 09-19-05 16
 Marty as the new whipping boy LaLaLisa 09-19-05 9
   RE: Marty as the new whipping boy weltek 09-19-05 11
       RE: Marty as the new "player" LaLaLisa 09-19-05 12
           RE: Marty as the new "player" weltek 09-19-05 13
               RE: Marty as the new "player" leianawd 09-19-05 14
                   RE: Marty as the new "player" LaLaLisa 09-19-05 23
                       RE: Marty as the new "player" trigirl 09-20-05 27
                           RE: Marty as the new "player" LaLaLisa 09-20-05 28
 RE: 9/18 Songwriting Clinc SherpaDave 09-19-05 17
   RE: 9/18 Songwriting Clinc weltek 09-19-05 19
   RE: 9/18 Songwriting Clinc Hoobie 09-19-05 20
       RE: 9/18 Songwriting Clinc weltek 09-19-05 21
           RE: 9/18 Songwriting Clinc Hoobie 09-19-05 22
               RE: 9/18 Songwriting Clinc LaLaLisa 09-19-05 24
                   RE: 9/18 Songwriting Clinc Moother 09-19-05 26
       RE: 9/18 Songwriting Clinc SherpaDave 09-19-05 25
 Michael's songwriting LaLaLisa 09-23-05 29
   RE: Michael's songwriting LaLaLisa 09-23-05 30

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

shygirl 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-18-05, 08:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shygirl Click to send private message to shygirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: 9/18 Songwriting Clinc"
that what is goin to go bad martys song ... i wish he would do something different then wish you were here again.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

freefromwhatyouare 10 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

09-19-05, 06:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail freefromwhatyouare Click to send private message to freefromwhatyouare Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: 9/18 Songwriting Clinc"
LAST EDITED ON 09-19-05 AT 06:38 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 09-19-05 AT 06:31 AM (EST)

Michael and Andrew wrote most of the INXS music and lyrics together..with Michael being the main cog..

Now Andrew is left to collaborate with other writers and work with producers that like to write songs and get a certain sound..ie-Bob Ezrin...

The upcoming album is pretty much done. Andrew worked with many outside people and will add the new singers vocals..there is not much or any influence that the new singer is going to have on this album. I also doubt this singer will remain with INXS after the album and tour. In my humble opinion, this is going to be the last you see of INXS as a band. Some will break off and do other things..and some who will remain nameless here...will go and sit and re-hash the past in some pub.

Andrew is not the talented writer of music and lyrics that Michael was..and his recent work really drives this point home.

Kirk is a intelligent guy, never a great musician, hanging on with a band that has nothing to hang on to. Sad but true..

Tim couldn't write a decent song if his life depended on it. Retirement will be welcome for him and his family.

Gary is a cool cat that will thrive in the world post INXS

Jon is a decent drummer who needs to realize that there is life after INXS. He will be ok...

So, Good Luck Marty, Mig and J.D.

You are looking to join a band that passed on years ago...

Peace and Love!

Michael...

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-19-05, 09:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: 9/18 Songwriting Clinc"
The first thing I noted in last night's ep was that MiG is worried about Marty being his competition & Marty is worried that MiG is his competition & neither is worried about J.D. I thought that was very interesting editing that we were shown. I was also surprised that neither MiG nor Marty will acknowledge J.D. has talent --

MiG says "J.D. has a dangerous side that could scare INXS" (yeah, MiG, INXS are little boys cowering under their beds waiting for you to sing them a sunshine song).

Marty says "J.D. has been up & down & inconsistent throughout" (Marty, you have been criticized at least twice as much as J.D. in this competition.)

I just thought it was interesting that they are worried about each other & I hope we were shown their comments because J.D. is going to win.

I was at first worried about J.D.'s approach to the clinic last night, but I really think it was genious what he did. The biggest question some people have in their mind is whether J.D. can work with others/INXS. J.D. wanted to go in and truly collaborate & bounce ideas off of Andrew to come up with something. Also, I think J.D. wanted to show how he writes his music (basically on the fly, when it comes, it comes) and I think that showcases his talents. I think it really paid off for J.D. to approach the clinic the way he did. It's not like they have spent much time one-on-one with the members of INXS, so to come in wanting to truly feel out where Andrew wants to go with this song & really collaborate shows that J.D. respects Andrew's experience & cement what J.D.'s role in the band would be. It looked like their collaboration went well in the editing.

The song choices were interesting. Loved that J.D. went for something he hasn't done before and the song has meaning for him. I think Marty made a bad choice for himself, further drawing that line in the sand between his direction & INXS's direction. Likewise, MiG wanting to do Bohemian Rhap is ridiculous. He obviously hasn't learned anything this whole time at the mansion. MiG is just going to add the extra exclamation point that he is theatre & not ready to front a rock band. Final summary -- Marty & MiG are going to end the competition by telling INXS that they are not right for INXS, but stuck in their genre/style.

Once again, this has been the J.D. show & I only hope that he is getting the most air time, because he is going to be chosen. He sounded great working on "You Can't Always Get What You Want" & I only hope the song was showcased last night because it is applying to Marty & MiG not getting what they want & not a cruel twist that it will be J.D. who will not get what he wants.

I still know J.D. is the best fit for INXS, has the most to bring to the table for a serious INXS comeback & I think he would stay with INXS for as long as INXS wants him as their front man.

Felines for Fortune!!

jpl68 72 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

09-19-05, 10:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jpl68 Click to send private message to jpl68 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: 9/18 Songwriting Clinc"
Yeah, J.D. has been taking a beating on other boards about what happened at the clinic. I watched on tape delay later in the evening after reading some posts. It did not play out as bad in my mind as everyone was commenting. However, I don't think I would have completely rolled the dice like he did. On thing seems to keep hitting home with me. With Suzie the only thing I ever heard was you have this great voice. Well, apparently it was not great enough. With Mig, there is constant refernces about him not being "dark" enough. And with Marty, despite what Andrew said in the interview, "as you can tell we don't like screaming much", seems to continue to scream any chance he gets. So I don't see how J.D. does not win this. However, while this seems like the only logical choice, I would not be suprised if Mig wins. Obvioulsy it is not that important to INXS that the singers be able to sing the back cataloge. Marty and Mig have only sung one song on the show and another on radio. Apparantly they will not sing one on the final. So this leads me to what was the point of this show? Is the show fixed and is Mig a plant? Well, the only thing that is certain is that nothing is certain, so I would not be suprised if Mig wins, either becuase he is a plant or becuase INXS simply likes him. I will be suprised if Marty wins. I just don't see him as a fit for this band. Notwithstanding all of the above, logic must prevail and I have to assume that most of the INXS guys are a bit like me, meaning, J.D. is the choice. J.D. fits the dark mold perfectly, he does not scream and has a great softer voice, and who cares if he is difficult, its a one year deal. It it works out, great, if not, so be it. I don't know, but I will be so glad when this is over, so I can stop analyzing this whole thing every second of the day.

09-19-05, 11:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LaLaLisa Click to send private message to LaLaLisa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: 9/18 Songwriting Clinc"
" Yeah, J.D. has been taking a beating on other boards about what happened at the clinic"

I've found I really can't take the other boards. So much hating and personal attacks, not particularly well thought out posts. Just not enjoyable. Not everyone has to agree, but I like how people here put some thought and details/facts behind what they say.

No sense in me repeating all the good things that people have already said about their respective talents and liabilities. Cleary it will be JD. Doing things his own way (even not having all the discipline that Andrew expected) is his gift and he has proven over and over again that his own way is the way to great music.

Watching MiG sing his happy piece - it made me think of Paul McCartney after John Lennon.

Which got me thinking that MiG just needs a Lennon with whom to team up, someone darker to balance out his light......like Marty! Those two should team up and be the next great writing duo.

triednottowatch 281 desperate attention whore postings

09-19-05, 11:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail triednottowatch Click to send private message to triednottowatch Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: 9/18 Songwriting Clinc"
> I don't know, but
>I will be so glad
>when this is over, so
>I can stop analyzing this
>whole thing every second of
>the day.

My sentiments exactly jpl68. I had kicked the reality show habit until this $%#@ show came along. Now it pops into my head about 50 times a day. I guess my nostalgia got tweaked as a fan of MTV when it was good and played videos of these guys and the other groups in the 80's.

09-19-05, 11:58 AM (EST)
7. "RE: 9/18 Songwriting Clinc"
Even though I agree that Marty & MiG's retread choices were wrong in respect to winning the competition (if they had a chance which I doubt) and JD gambled by not preparing the way Andrew expected, I think all three of them took the "right" direction in that they ended up saying, "This is who I am. Take me or leave me."

I think it takes a lot of strength of character to really do that, when they each could've done more of what they thought INXS would want, but was less of themselves. To come so close to winning (I loved JD's lottery ticket analogy) it must have been SORELY tempting to just become whatever they wanted, just to win.

Actually, as I think about it, except for MiG. He was rationalizing, "They won't chastise me for choosing Queen" as opposed to "This is what I love, this is what I bring to the table." He was talking about pleasing them, while doing his own thing. Weird.

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-19-05, 12:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: 9/18 Songwriting Clinc"
I think Mig, by choosing BR, was trying to do as JD did with Suspicious Minds. He'll do it HIS way. I still don't think INXS will like the choice though. Mig is really doing himself a disservice.

lilbuns 36 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

09-19-05, 02:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lilbuns Click to send private message to lilbuns Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: 9/18 Songwriting Clinc"
LAST EDITED ON 09-19-05 AT 02:25 PM (EST)

I think it's interesting that they all seem to have something negative to say about JD, yet I've never heard him say a bad word about one of them.

I think that he honestly goes to these clinics without preparing, not because he isn't motivated or driven, but rather because he wants to go in as if he were in the band and came into the room to work with them..cold. He wants to feel it the way it would be if he were hired. Everyone knows how badly he wants it, so it is surely not because he's lazy. This is what he thinks is the best way to show the band his true talents. I only hope that he gets that across to them; in the editing, they only show the negative to let us have more drama.

You and I saw the same thing...his desire to walk in and bounce ideas off of Andrew. I agree completely and I don't think the producers let us see how very pleased Andrew was when they got to do that.

>The first thing I noted in
>last night's ep was that
>MiG is worried about Marty
>being his competition & Marty
>is worried that MiG is
>his competition & neither is
>worried about J.D. I
>thought that was very interesting
>editing that we were shown.
> I was also surprised
>that neither MiG nor Marty
>will acknowledge J.D. has talent
>--
>
>MiG says "J.D. has a dangerous
>side that could scare INXS"
>(yeah, MiG, INXS are little
>boys cowering under their beds
>waiting for you to sing
>them a sunshine song).
>
>Marty says "J.D. has been up
>& down & inconsistent throughout"
> (Marty, you have been
>criticized at least twice as
>much as J.D. in this
>competition.)
>
>I just thought it was interesting
>that they are worried about
>each other & I hope
>we were shown their comments
>because J.D. is going to
>win.
>
>I was at first worried about
>J.D.'s approach to the clinic
>last night, but I really
>think it was genious what
>he did. The biggest
>question some people have in
>their mind is whether J.D.
>can work with others/INXS.
>J.D. wanted to go in
>and truly collaborate & bounce
>ideas off of Andrew to
>come up with something.
>Also, I think J.D. wanted
>to show how he writes
>his music (basically on the
>fly, when it comes, it
>comes) and I think that
>showcases his talents. I
>think it really paid off
>for J.D. to approach the
>clinic the way he did.
> It's not like they
>have spent much time one-on-one
>with the members of INXS,
>so to come in wanting
>to truly feel out where
>Andrew wants to go with
>this song & really collaborate
>shows that J.D. respects Andrew's
>experience & cement what J.D.'s
>role in the band would
>be. It looked like
>their collaboration went well in
>the editing.
>

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

09-19-05, 03:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: 9/18 Songwriting Clinc"
>
>MiG says "J.D. has a dangerous
>side that could scare INXS"
>(yeah, MiG, INXS are little
>boys cowering under their beds
>waiting for you to sing
>them a sunshine song).
>

OMG! This had me spitting pepsi on the screen.

triednottowatch 281 desperate attention whore postings

09-19-05, 12:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail triednottowatch Click to send private message to triednottowatch Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: 9/18 Songwriting Clinc"
Was Marty being
>a little evil, encouraging MiG
>to sing BoRhap when he
>thought it was a bad
>idea for MiG? At
>first, he was neutral ("it's
>your choice" but then he
>was encouraging him "I'd love
>to hear you do it."
> I'm sure he would!

That was what my wife and I thought too. Marty was engaging in a little sabotage. Hmmm.......and JD is the bad boy gamesman? I've thought all along that Marty has engaged in some gamesmanship too, just more subtle.

lilbuns 36 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

09-19-05, 02:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lilbuns Click to send private message to lilbuns Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: 9/18 Songwriting Clinc"
Oh, without a doubt. Marty was not being the true friend he claims to be...although perhaps at this point they have to remember it IS a competition.

>Was Marty being
>>a little evil, encouraging MiG
>>to sing BoRhap when he
>>thought it was a bad
>>idea for MiG? At
>>first, he was neutral ("it's
>>your choice" but then he
>>was encouraging him "I'd love
>>to hear you do it."
>> I'm sure he would!
>
>That was what my wife and
>I thought too. Marty
>was engaging in a little
>sabotage. Hmmm.......and JD is
>the bad boy gamesman?
>I've thought all along that
>Marty has engaged in some
>gamesmanship too, just more subtle.
>

09-19-05, 12:08 PM (EST)
9. "Marty as the new whipping boy"
LAST EDITED ON 09-19-05 AT 12:10 PM (EST)

I love to read the recaps on the official website to see their "take" on things. Get this description of the song selection process:

"Marty quickly makes a strategic move and grabs "Pretty Vegas," keeping J.D. from his most popular song."

I did not see it that way AT ALL. I saw Marty doing it as a joke or maybe he might want to show his stuff, but definitely not a JD-can't-have-it move.

Are they just desperate for some friction? Did I miss something?

Added:

I forgot about the whole MiG thing, too!

Privately, Marty says that for MiG, singing that song would be a "shaky decision." It would send the wrong message if he's trying to show INXS that he's moved on from being the lead in a Queen musical. But when MiG asks for advice, with a straight face, Marty tells him, "Go for it."

Oh yeah, Marty is definitely the new bad guy.

09-19-05, 12:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Marty as the new whipping boy"
I don't actually think Marty was purposely trying to sabotage Mig. Mig made up his mind about the song by that point.

I'm sure they hashed out that it's a risky decision, but it was clear Mig really wanted to do it. As a friend, Marty said "I'd love to hear you do it" and I think that was honest. In the back of his mind, I'm sure Marty was thinking "better for me if you do it," but I don't think he was intentionally encouraging him.

Marty is a big believer in staying true to what you want. Mig was also told to fight for the songs he wanted. Therefore, it's natural that Mig would want to do this song & Marty would encourage him.

09-19-05, 01:22 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Marty as the new "player""
"As a friend, Marty said "I'd love to hear you do it" and I think that was honest. In the back of his mind, I'm sure Marty was thinking "better for me if you do it," but I don't think he was intentionally encouraging him."

It sure sounded intentional to me. At first, it was neutral, but then he did cross the line to encouraging. And as a friend, MiG was ASKING for advice (or so it appeared.) He could've have said "It's up to you" or "You gotta decide yourself" instead of encouraging him.

Who knows, maybe he did. Maybe he said, "I'd love to hear you do it" and then "but will INXS?" and that got edited it out.

What's really interesting to me is that he is portrayed (on the show and the recaps) in an increasingly Machiavellian way. I guess EPMB needs to keep mixing it up.

09-19-05, 01:40 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Marty as the new "player""
I have a feeling we only saw about 5% of their conversation surrounding the topic.

leianawd 471 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

09-19-05, 01:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail leianawd Click to send private message to leianawd Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Marty as the new "player""
Maybe some of the conversation was edited and maybe it wasn't. At this point in the competition it is up to each individual to make decisions that are best for them. All this time in the competition and as far as they have all made it and Mig is still needing reassurance about what he should do, so it seems that way to me. It's one thing to just simply be asking someone for their opinion but to me it seems that Mig is always asking for approval. As for the songwriting clinic, it was a bit scary at first to see J.D. go in with nothing but I think it turned out quite well for him, since he was able to work well with Andrew and show that he can write on the spot and come out with something pretty good.

09-19-05, 04:44 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Marty as the new "player""
"All this time in the competition and as far as they have all made it and Mig is still needing reassurance about what he should do, so it seems that way to me. It's one thing to just simply be asking someone for their opinion but to me it seems that Mig is always asking for approval."

Well put. You nailed it on the head. I think that needing approval/needing to be liked/needing permission to do what he wants thing is what people mean about him being too nice. He just cares way too much what other people think.

"As for the songwriting clinic, it was a bit scary at first to see J.D. go in with nothing but I think it turned out quite well."

Oh yeah. JD basically proved he create off the top of his head in collaboration what it took the other guys hours of working on.

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

09-20-05, 08:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Marty as the new "player""
Editing. Those conversations ocurred on different days. Marty was genuinely supportive of MiG, even if he didn't think it was a good choice. the next day in one-on-one filming, he was free to speak his mind.

Haven't you ever gone out on a double date and told your friend that her new boyfriend is wonderful only to tell your boyfriend in the car ride home that it'll last two months?

09-20-05, 08:56 AM (EST)
28. "RE: Marty as the new "player""
"Haven't you ever gone out on a double date and told your friend that her new boyfriend is wonderful only to tell your boyfriend in the car ride home that it'll last two months?"

The problem with your analogy is that there are two guys (instead of one job.) A better analogy to Marty's behaviour would be getting ready for a double date with a friend who is planning to wear a low cut spandex dress when you know the guy she is seeing really likes classy dressing and to tell her, "I'd like to see you wear it" when you are waiting for your chance to date the same guy.

All I'm saying is either be the friend and say, "Dude, I don't think that's a good idea."

Or be the competitor and say, "Dude, I can't say either way. You have to make this call on your own."

But don't pretend to be the friend while you are being the competitor.

SherpaDave 8324 desperate attention whore postings

09-19-05, 02:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SherpaDave Click to send private message to SherpaDave Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: 9/18 Songwriting Clinc"
I didn't see the show, so I don't know the answer to this question: were INXS songs specifically excluded from what they could sing? And if not, WHY didn't any of them choose one?! That makes NO sense to me. They have a chance to pick one final song to sing for the band they're auditioning for, and NONE of them choose a song from that band's repertoire?!

09-19-05, 03:09 PM (EST)
19. "RE: 9/18 Songwriting Clinc"
I don't think INXS songs were in the choices. Those were just elimination songs, not "performance" songs.

Hoobie 569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-19-05, 03:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Hoobie Click to send private message to Hoobie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: 9/18 Songwriting Clinc"
Yes - INXS songs were excluded. From what I've heard, they will be singing 3 songs each. Apparently that means 2 INXS songs, and 1 of their choosing from the last 12 shows (already performed).

09-19-05, 03:20 PM (EST)
21. "RE: 9/18 Songwriting Clinc"
Will it include the songs they wrote with Andrew in the clinic? I was unclear about that.

Hoobie 569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-19-05, 03:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Hoobie Click to send private message to Hoobie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: 9/18 Songwriting Clinc"
I'm pretty sure it's not, but I've been surprised before.

09-19-05, 05:36 PM (EST)
24. "RE: 9/18 Songwriting Clinc"
But I swear I heard Brooke say the final would include new INXS music. I think they leave things unclear intentionally.

Moother 132 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-19-05, 10:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Moother Click to send private message to Moother Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: 9/18 Songwriting Clinc"
I am really hoping they will each sing the songs that they created with the help of Andrew. I really thought I would like a couple of those!

SherpaDave 8324 desperate attention whore postings

09-19-05, 06:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SherpaDave Click to send private message to SherpaDave Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: 9/18 Songwriting Clinc"
Ah, okay. As long as they each have to sing SOME INXS. If INXS songs wouldn't be performed at all, then I'd have to seriously question INXS themselves.

See Dave write. See Dave edit. See Dave blog.

09-23-05, 03:15 PM (EST)
29. "Michael's songwriting"
Speaking of songwriting, here's a fascinating look at the process Michael used to write. It even has sound files of his writing a song in stages.

"Michael had an amazing ability to take a recorded chord sequence, fashion a unique melody on top of it, and then add the lyrics. Sometimes he would write down the lyrics when a creative burst fell upon him (which could happen at anytime). Richard Simpkin reports that he observed Michael on many occasions writing lyrics in his well-worn song book that he took wherever he went and he would us the lyrics as the starting point for composing a song. If he didn't have his book close by anything handy became fair game including the official hotel stationery. Often his first draft became the final draft much to the amazement of the other guys in INXS."

http://www.michaelhutchence.org/work/features/comp.shtml

09-23-05, 03:27 PM (EST)
30. "RE: Michael's songwriting"
Interview with Andres Farriss on writing with Michael. Really interesting.

http://www.michaelhutchence.org/work/deliver_me/interview.shtml

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •